Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MannyD said:
Hmmm. I truly wonder if PBEC can achieve that level of sophistication!! If they're doing that then it must be a miracle.
If they are not fishing out files it would mean that they have temporary entries completed already....Otherwise how are they going to find anybody's case.??
;) ......Well .....

spidey said:
Quick update on my case:

If you guys remember, I was recently approved.
I just got to see a copy of my labor certification, my lawyer got this in the mail on July 15th, 2005 -- the date stamp on my approved labor certification is June 24th, 2005.

Obviously it took 3+ weeks to get to me after it was actually approved by the CO.
Good luck guys and gals --
GOOD LUCK SPIDEY! all the best. keep us posted in the future. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
rirctlabor,
mannyd,

This is some data I extracted from the tracking xls that Justwatching is maintaining..

PD Where was case number

16-Oct-02 New Jersey SWA T-05118-XXXXX
01-Dec-01 New York SWA T-05123-89XXX
10-Sep-03 New Jersey SWA T-05140-30XXX
july2003 CT SWA T-05153-51***
Oct 30 2003 T-05159-59xxx

From the trend looks like the PBEC is making brief entries for 2003 last quarter -2004 first quarter cases by now...

I could not find the case with T-0518*-98*** though....

It is feasible that they make brief entries for all applications by Sept end...Oct end

juntha said:
Nope. DOL specifically talked about this in one of their latest bulletin.
And this is for this exact reason (you could give an approved LC to aother person) that they want you to withdraw your LC before filing for PERM.
It seems that some unscrupulous companies were SELLING the access to the PD from older LC to people. And this is illegal

Junta, Do you have link to the buletin where this is discussed. My lawyer seems to be of the same opinion too, that you can fille 2 applications one under RIR and one under PERM.

Congrats again

spidey said:
Quick update on my case:

I just got to see a copy of my labor certification, my lawyer got this in the mail on July 15th, 2005 -- the date stamp on my approved labor certification is June 24th, 2005.

Obviously it took 3+ weeks to get to me after it was actually approved by the CO.

Lucky you... :) I wish you all the best

Read "juntha"'s posting clearly,I don't think he is implying that you can file 2 applications-one under RIR and one under PERM.

In fact, he seems to be saying that it's illegal to do that per the latest bulletin...

vivekjain57 said:
Junta, Do you have link to the buletin where this is discussed. My lawyer seems to be of the same opinion too, that you can fille 2 applications one under RIR and one under PERM.

I just called my lawyer, since I am in EB3 catagory, he did not suggest me move to the PERM, he thinks in that way I still need wait.
About BEC, he told me the Association of Immigration Lawyer(AILA) thinks that BEC can not finish processing the cases in two years. But the government budget for this elimination is for two years, after that, what they gonna do?
Also he said even no Dallas sending out a lot of cased that PD is in 2002, but does not mean they are working in FIFO.
What can be worse? Except waiting and praying, what we can do?

See.. Spidey Changed his/her signature :)

Oh!! God!!! Bless me to change my signature also like Spidey ASAP (May be tomorrow?? :p )

Go Spidey Go.. Go Away from this Philly Mud....

-Geek
spidey said:
Quick update on my case:

Godsh...... dallas approved 12/02 CA RIR case

almost every day , there is update in Dallas ...

are all people here after 2002 or 2003 ??

If all the discussion is true that Phily is still processing 2001 cases ,
that means nobody here is in 2001 !!

Or the group here is just too small to cover all cases ...

feeling depressed again :confused:

werner said:
i moved to Perm two weeks ago.
my employer received a phone call from Dpt of labor to verify the application, i hope this could be a signal ( i dont know good or bad signal).
Since my RIR application was accepted by the regional center of Atlanta in feb 2003, (2 years ago), during that time i got my license as a professional engineer, so i filled PERM for a different position in the organization.
so i have 2 tickets for this "marvelous "lottery

what type of engineer r u? so is it allowed to have 2 cases (one rir and one perm) filed for the same person. many people r saying no and some other r saying yes. can u provide us a link where it states that clearly?

Here is screen shot details from my pending labor for H1B7year extension
ETA Case Number:
P-05031-45***
Priority Date:
10/30/2001
Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
State
Employer Name:
Business Activity:
Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date:
10/30/2001
Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
Case Status:
RIR

7th year stamping in India

Hi,
Anybody got their 7th year visa stamping in India (or any other country)? I appreciate your feed back and risk assesment.
Thanks
ybnyk

ridiculed said:
Werner,
I have a PD of 12/03 (EB3 non- RIR NY SWA) and am currently on my 7th year extension. I inquired with my lawyer about moving to Perm and found out that the original application has to be withdrawn even if you apply for a different position. Is this true?

Appreciate any info/links/suggestions in this regard.

I think logically it makes no sense if DOL allows PERM with your existing RIR application. Its just not good for anybody, not for DOL (double application), not for other applicant (it just increases backlog). So dual application should be discouraged. Am I missing something here ?

sophia85 said:
I just called my lawyer, since I am in EB3 catagory, he did not suggest me move to the PERM, he thinks in that way I still need wait.
About BEC, he told me the Association of Immigration Lawyer(AILA) thinks that BEC can not finish processing the cases in two years. But the government budget for this elimination is for two years, after that, what they gonna do?
Also he said even no Dallas sending out a lot of cased that PD is in 2002, but does not mean they are working in FIFO.
What can be worse? Except waiting and praying, what we can do?

Should we again give thought of meeting outside PBEC for demonstration ? Or we can still wait till DOL issue memo about lack of funding next year.

Only way out of it is, if there is any: let whole world know about this oppression.

ybnyk said:
Hi,
Anybody got their 7th year visa stamping in India (or any other country)? I appreciate your feed back and risk assesment.
Thanks
ybnyk
I have had my 7th, 8th, and 9th done in India. What is your concern? It is straightforward..take your approval to the embassy and get it stamped.

USCISisMockery said:
I think logically it makes no sense if DOL allows PERM with your existing RIR application. Its just not good for anybody, not for DOL (double application), not for other applicant (it just increases backlog). So dual application should be discouraged. Am I missing something here ?
yes you are. they dont realy care about backlog or about how much time and money you are loosing... if they had something that call logic, they had never come up with this stupid idea of BEC. they should have made data transfer directly to the new PERM system and approve all of us in 3 months. not 3 years!

USCISisMockery said:
Should we again give thought of meeting outside PBEC for demonstration ? Or we can still wait till DOL issue memo about lack of funding next year.

Only way out of it is, if there is any: let whole world know about this oppression.

Something needs to be done to raise awareness .... we are suffering because of this lack of caring from the BEC's

Slade245 said:
yes you are. they dont realy care about backlog or about how much time and money you are loosing... if they had something that call logic, they had never come up with this stupid idea of BEC. they should have made data transfer directly to the new PERM system and approve all of us in 3 months. not 3 years!
I second that. 50+ million investment in BECs over 24 months. They could have converted all cases to PERM with a much smaller investment and got thru all cases in much less time than 24 months.

Write to Secretary Chao , senators and media

justdoit said:
I second that. 50+ million investment in BECs over 24 months. They could have converted all cases to PERM with a much smaller investment and got thru all cases in much less time than 24 months.

It seems there are no actions just ideas. I have been emailing newspapers about our situation. I also wrote to two NJ senators. Please do the same to get the words out there.

Hi Dedo

Dedo said:
I have had my 7th, 8th, and 9th done in India. What is your concern? It is straightforward..take your approval to the embassy and get it stamped.
Hi Dedo,
Thanks for the reply. I am bit relieved to know that. May I please know which embassy did you go in India? I think the New Delhi embassy is bit liberal and the Chennai embasy is not so liberal. I heard even some of the H4 visa got rejected in Chennai. I am planing for marriage in the 7th year. Bit concerned about the approval on 7th year stamping in Chennai.
Thank you
ybnyk