MDwaiter24 said:
I think this is a very good estimate. I like it because it is
simple. It doesn't matter if you are off 10-20000 cases here
and there. Let me go further, they said they will need
30 months to process the whole backlog load, you can
roughly estimate 10000 cases a month. You have roughly
200 people processing 10,000 cases it is 50 cases a person per
month. Given that the actual number of people invloved in
analyzing the cases is smaller, this is overall a good estimate.

Someone mentioned that they should get through Apr 2001
by September. So let me come up with the time table.

Apr 2001 : Approximately 50000 by end of September 2005
May 2001 to Dec 2001.. 40000 by end of January 2006
Year 2002 : 70000 by end of August 2007
Year 2003 : 70000 by end of March 2008
Year 2004 : 70000 by end of October 2008
Year 2005 ( till Mar 2005). 40000 by end of February 2009

However the cases later on may get processed faster due to
staff learning to work more efficient and also less overhead with
45-day letters that should be all received back by end of this year.
So the times after January 2005 may be significantly shorter than
the table shows.

Looking at this I am seriously considering PERM... :)

Like most people around this forum, yu don t distinguish between SWA cases that never made it to regional and RIR cases. considering SWA cases are gonna take waaaay longer than any other cases and that, so far, DOL work on separate piles of RIR and non RIR, SWA Regional cases. the RIR cases are gonna be processed much faster. There are already words about RIR cases from 2002 treated the past week.
If yu have a SWA case, then yes yu can think it s gonna take some time, but it s a RIR case then yu might be processed faster than yu think

Let us see

I believe, all regional cases should be (RIR/Non RIR) processed by Feb -Mar 06. At least they are processing that way. Processing speed should pick and should be very fast once regional cases are done and 45 days are letter sent out for everybody including SWA.

The way processing are done for PREM and success rate ( I believe it is 75% ) and if your case is EB2 and if your employer are willing to refile it under PERM..all the cases which are still in SWA and PD beyond 2002 , they should consider coverting through PERM.

EB3 people should not refile the PERM because PD cut off date for EB3 ( for filing 485 ) will still be in somewhere in 2002 for at least 1-2 year so that they can not file 485 anyway if they get there LC approved through PERM.

Next year Major hurdle will be PD CUT OFF date not LC approval for EB3 and possibly for EB2 also.

Just a thought.

EB3 PD cut off date not for everyone...

my2cents said:
I believe, all regional cases should be (RIR/Non RIR) processed by Feb -Mar 06. At least they are processing that way. Processing speed should pick and should be very fast once regional cases are done and 45 days are letter sent out for everybody including SWA.

The way processing are done for PREM and success rate ( I believe it is 75% ) and if your case is EB2 and if your employer are willing to refile it under PERM..all the cases which are still in SWA and PD beyond 2002 , they should consider coverting through PERM.

EB3 people should not refile the PERM because PD cut off date for EB3 ( for filing 485 ) will still be in somewhere in 2002 for at least 1-2 year so that they can not file 485 anyway if they get there LC approved through PERM.

Next year Major hurdle will be PD CUT OFF date not LC approval for EB3 and possibly for EB2 also.

Just a thought.
as far as i learned... EB3 shortage right now is for everyone, but after Oct 1st we should see it available again. PD cut off will be only for countries like india and philipiness. so if i'm not from these counties i have nothing to warry about. any info on that?

dying for GC said:
My PD is May 2002 - CA RIR- and I got stuck in Philly too. Does any one know when Philly will start processing 2002 RIR cases?

Mine is July 2002 from Calif RIR and now stuck in Philadelphia.
And I have given up any hope of getting my labor certified.

BEC latest update from Murthydotcom

Backlog Processing Centers Approving Labor Cases
Posted Jul 15, 2005
©MurthyDotCom
It appears that the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs) have started adjudicating pending labor certification (LC) cases. This should come as welcome news to many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. At The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, we were pleased to receive several LC approvals from the BPCs during the week of July 5, 2005. Before then, a handful of approvals had come from the DOL "satellite" processing centers in Boston, New York, and San Francisco over the last several months, but none from the BPCs in Philadelphia and Dallas. The DOL news that the BPCs were starting to adjudicate cases was addressed in our June 3, 2005 MurthyBulletin article, Backlog Processing Centers - May 2005 Update, available at MurthyDotCom.
©MurthyDotCom
Recent LC Approvals from Satellite Office and BPCs
©MurthyDotCom
We received four LC approvals on July 5, 2005. One was from the DOL New York satellite processing center. The other three were from the BPCs. Of the three, one case was from Philadelphia. The other two were from Dallas. The case from Philadelphia had originally been filed in Maryland on April 26, 2001. The cases from Dallas had originally been filed in Texas on October 28 and 29, 2002. All three cases had been processed through the local State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) and forwarded to the Regional DOL offices prior to being transferred to the BPCs.
©MurthyDotCom
Time Estimates for BPC Approvals
©MurthyDotCom
The good news is that, after many months of waiting, the BPCs have reached a stage where they are making final decisions on long-pending cases. Of course, since this is an early batch of LC approvals that we received, there is no way of knowing how quickly the BPCs will adjudicate their pending cases. The BPCs began with 340,000 pending cases to adjudicate. They still have not issued 45-day letters in approximately half of the cases and have not entered data on all cases. For these reasons, it is uncertain whether we will continue to receive finalized case approvals regularly, but the approvals bode well for the BPC processing and approvals. The DOL has estimated about 2 years or longer to wrap up all pending LC cases.
©MurthyDotCom
FIFO Adjudication
©MurthyDotCom
The DOL has stated that cases will be adjudicated in the First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order. Therefore, older cases should be adjudicated first. The State Workforce Agencies (SWAs), however, did not all follow the DOL instructions regarding boxing and sending the cases to the BPCs. Accordingly, many LC cases need to be sorted and data entered before they can be processed. Our understanding is that they are placed for adjudication in FIFO order, but that there could be cases in boxes with earlier filing dates. Thus, the waiting lines will be adjusted to reflect FIFO order as more cases are unboxed and entered into the system. It therefore may be that we will see some cases with more recent priority dates adjudicated before older cases. This problem should resolve itself once all the cases have been entered into the DOL system for BPC adjudication.
©MurthyDotCom
What Should I Plan to Do?
©MurthyDotCom
At The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, we will be tracking the BPC processing of LC cases closely. This is important to many employers and employees, anxious to move forward with pending labor certification cases. We receive many questions from people with pending labor certifications regarding whether they should wait or try to file under PERM. Knowing how the BPCs are progressing will help MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers with the various considerations in this important decision.

Finding status.

Hello,

My labor was filed in Georgia state in the month of January, 2005. After that my employer told me that my file has been shipped to Phildelphia backlog center. Is there a way to check the status? My employer told me that he has not received 45 days notice for my application. I do not know much. Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Murthy.

it's very likely what you said would become true. eg, after Oct 1st, EB3 will be current for other countries, except retrogression for China, India and Philipine.

The question is can you get a labor certification at hand by that time, before the quota running out for year 2006, considering that PERM applicants, even Dallas folks are competing limited visas, a lot of them with EB3 labor already at hand, ready to jump in when Oct 1st approaches...

Slade245 said:
as far as i learned... EB3 shortage right now is for everyone, but after Oct 1st we should see it available again. PD cut off will be only for countries like india and philipiness. so if i'm not from these counties i have nothing to warry about. any info on that?

Either wait patiently for 45 day letter, since your PD is so recent.

Or ask your attorney to send inquiry to both SWA(Georgia?) and BEC. They are supposed to be paid for to doing this.

murthy_d said:
Hello,

My labor was filed in Georgia state in the month of January, 2005. After that my employer told me that my file has been shipped to Phildelphia backlog center. Is there a way to check the status? My employer told me that he has not received 45 days notice for my application. I do not know much. Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Murthy.

We, 2002 CA applicant, are screwed big in Philly...

Dont' lose hope yet. 4Q2005 and 1Q2006 would be a realistic expectation for us. Just don't expect too much either...

jnathan said:

Hope....

Mine is Nov, 2002 RIR from CA, let's not give up hope.... :rolleyes:

jnathan said:

All Pending BEC cases

Hello,

Now DOL(BECs) has reported 400K (not 360K) pending cases. So no hopes when they are going to finish all data entry?? Is it end of summer?? No way..
How u think?

jdk98
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
chinglun said:
I am also stuck in Phily ... just wait another 6 more months ,
I expected somethiing should happen around 2/2006 ....

Can you please explain, how ? Whatever way you look at it, backlog isn't going away till 2007- 2008, except they add more personnel or change the way they process it (adjudicating all cases and random audit)

For your reference here is the analysis from MDWaiter24

MDwaiter analysis

jdk98 said:
Hello,

Now DOL(BECs) has reported 400K (not 360K) pending cases. So no hopes when they are going to finish all data entry?? Is it end of summer?? No way..
How u think?

jdk98
:eek:

I read this news with interest in Immigration-law.com. 40 000 extra cases before PERM started is an old news. DOL already mentioned this number 2 months ago adding to the 320 000 cases they already have. DOL said 360 000 cases is the correct total.
400 000 is an exagerated and so far unfounded estimate from a group of law firm that wants yu to file for PERM to make more money.

my2cents said:
Congrats Spidey !!
What happened to other memrbers who are TR ( who made to regional) before Spidey..any of them have good news ?
Thanks !!

Congrats , spidey ... I'm still waiting !!! :(

Jaiatl said:
Only reference I found when you need to withdraw the existing one where job is identical (same job title, job location, job requirement and job description) and you want to use the old priority date.

Can you check with your lawyer also, whether it is possible to have 2 applications going with different positions and the same employer. The comfort level will be little better if 2 lawyers give their approval.

For Atyagi

Hi Atyagi,
It might be a coincidence that I have lost contact with a good friend whose first name initial and last name are the same as yours. If you have ever worked in QA/testing in Verizon you might be the guy I am looking for. If that is the case, please email me at desipins@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

juntha said:
I read this news with interest in Immigration-law.com. 40 000 extra cases before PERM started is an old news. DOL already mentioned this number 2 months ago adding to the 320 000 cases they already have. DOL said 360 000 cases is the correct total.
400 000 is an exagerated and so far unfounded estimate from a group of law firm that wants yu to file for PERM to make more money.

Does it make difference between 360,000 and 400,000 when they will process 10,000 cases per month ? Your optimism is exagerated, not the numbers :)

This question should be directed to:

Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

Nobody on this forum can answer it.

justdoit said:
I found this on BEC faq posted on immigration.com in May 2005.
Page 8 on http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/backlogfaqs5905.pdf

"All cases regardless of whether they were in a Regional Office or a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS"

Why are Regional cases getting more weightage compared to SWA?