Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

USCISisMockery said:
I think 12000 cases processed means, 12000 cases were withdrawn. And I bet out of 12000, 10000 were withdrawn by mistake.
To process a case, either it has to be withdrawn or adjudicate and we have seen scarce adjudiction, so that means DOL is playing games by puting on this phony numbers which doesn't matter.
If you look at past posts or if you are following DOL for long time, you know how many promises/prediction DOL is able to fulfill: none. If they are right first time, please inform us.

I admire everybody's patience here.

Today I learned from Murthy's bulletin that these people are in charge of our LC.

Mr. William Carlson, Chief of the Foreign Labor Certification Unit, and Mr. Bill Raybung, who is in charge of the BPC operations

Well look at it that way. They promised a full computer treatment by the end of september 2005... 4 months from now. and they already spend 5 months to get half of it. I still believe all the cases will be on file by year end. Maybe not by september end thou but not much later. And that would be most likely because they got much more cases than they predicted (especially those filled by end of march 2005). So they are going in the right direction.
I had a look at the BEC tracker available from another forum and i did notice (and posted) that almost 50% of everyone on this tracker sheet received their 45 days letters already. So i think they are correct on saying 50% were treated.
The 12 000 cases 'treated' now... I agree with you totally. I am almost certain those are the among oldest applications and there are a lot of withdrawal among those cases. But there is still some news of people having their LC approived. Not enough to keep track and make some estimate thou. So i d say you are right on those 'treated' cases.
Finally It appeared that the FIFO thing isn t going to be applied. It was doomed from the beginning anyway.. anyone could have guessed that much.

Anyway, this is going somewhere. Everyone wanted some news from BEC, now they got some. I hope this will keep us relaxed for at least a couple of weeks ;)

nowaiting said:
No 45-day letter for me and the lawyer keeps saying "will let you know if any update" ....

CA EB2 RIR
PD: 6/2002
RD: 7/2003

Got case number after sending inquiry email: P-04344-07xxx

Feel lost & sad

Please send your letter then...
In the very least: It's better than not doing anything
At the very best: It's taking some action

juntha said:
Anyway, this is going somewhere. Everyone wanted some news from BEC, now they got some. I hope this will keep us relaxed for at least a couple of weeks ;)

I agree with juntha, we should be optimistic ! The BEC has been shaken around by the AILA and they have given some answers. It might not be the one that some of us expected (by that I mean the older cases) but it is moving even though it might appeared stalled. We should keep our head high and spirit up ... Haven't some of you waited for years .... without the BEC you might have been waiting for even longer .... Always see the positive side
:)

kiran00 said:
Does one need Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates too to file for I140 and 485?

I think they are required only in 485 stage. However, if you are going to concurrently file 140 and 485 then you may need them handy.

mugur said:
PD April 24 2001
Approval May 23 2005
Non -RIR in Maryland
Approved 60 days after replaying to the 45 days letter.
Approved from Philly.
My lawyer daid she got 2 more approvals except me.
You are next :)

Mugur, would you by chance know the PD of those two other applications ?

foret1 said:
thanks mvinays for the checklist! very helpful! i guess it's not a bad idea to start figuring out the next steps...

my son is back home with my parents. his is 11. the checklist doesn't mention if his presence is required. does anyone know if his physical presence is required? or all i need to do is provide a translated birth certificate and pictures?

thanks in advance guys/gals!!

Your Son need to be present in US if you want to file Adjustment of Status (I-485) for him. You can bring him over here, file I-485 (submitting latest I-94) & send him back with AP ( so that he can comeback in case GC is approved when he is outside)

News from my lawyer :rolleyes: I received this email this afternoon. Nothing very exciting but a confirmation of the slow pace ....

"No new approvals have come out of the Backlog Centers yet. However, you
may re-file under the new PERM regulations except that [company] will have
to readvertise the position and go over the recruitment process again.
Last week, at a meeting with DOL officials, they stated that they have
over 300,000 cases that 100 contracted workers are currently processing.
There's no telling when they will get to your case."

gp111 said:
Your Son need to be present in US if you want to file Adjustment of Status (I-485) for him. You can bring him over here, file I-485 (submitting latest I-94) & send him back with AP ( so that he can comeback in case GC is approved when he is outside)

thanks gp11!!

some people are also telling me that a blood test or dna test is required now to confirm that he is my son. have never heard of that before and haven't seen it written anywhere. but i thought i would ask you guys/gals.

any idea anyone about this?

foret1 said:
thanks gp11!!

some people are also telling me that a blood test or dna test is required now to confirm that he is my son. have never heard of that before and haven't seen it written anywhere. but i thought i would ask you guys/gals.

Only Birth Certificate is required with your name as Parent in it.

foret1 said:
thanks gp11!!

Maybe they are watching too much CSI !!! :D Birth Certificate should be fine...

Please! Only message about Philly BEC to be posted here. Please post your questions and answers in the proper thread. Every time I came here to see if there is new information about Pilly BEC, I am so disapponited to see that somebody are posting his unrelated questions in this thread.

My labor Info

Hi

I am new to this forum.

My attorney filed my labor application at Philadelphia office, but during that time philly office was not accepting any of the labor applications for Green card. They told my attroney to file it in Harrisburg office

Mine is RIR and was filed in mid of June 2004.

How to get the BPC no ?

Do I need to call them and find out. If so what is the phone number
Please help
Thanks in advance

sakthi kumaran

luckylucky

luckylucky said:
Please! Only message about Philly BEC to be posted here. Please post your questions and answers in the proper thread. Every time I came here to see if there is new information about Pilly BEC, I am so disapponited to see that somebody are posting his unrelated questions in this thread.

luckylucky,
is there a thread specifically for question such as the one i asked? if so and i just happened to miss that thread, please let me know what/where it is and i will be happy to use it instead.

Follow this link

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

sakthi_kumaran said:
Hi

I am new to this forum.

My attorney filed my labor application at Philadelphia office, but during that time philly office was not accepting any of the labor applications for Green card. They told my attroney to file it in Harrisburg office

Mine is RIR and was filed in mid of June 2004.

How to get the BPC no ?

Do I need to call them and find out. If so what is the phone number
Please help
Thanks in advance

sakthi kumaran

foret1 said:
luckylucky,
is there a thread specifically for question such as the one i asked? if so and i just happened to miss that thread, please let me know what/where it is and i will be happy to use it instead.

Hi foret1,
You are the senior and hence you have every right to ask anything you wish. First of all this thread is irrelevent because philly BEC doing nothing exciting and its scratching its ass with its big nails. We are not going to see anything until they say we are ready to start the processing. Until then we can just chit chat. Pull others leg.

Nothing is irrelevent so ask whatever you want. By the way is it raining in your state back home (in India)? Our city faces water shortage and people are burning in excessive heat it seems.

PBRC status

dcmetro22042 said:
Maybe they are watching too much CSI !!! :D Birth Certificate should be fine...

Hi DCmetro22042, I expect you LC to be approved in the some time in Q4 or around the end of the year or so...I did not want to answer all the hoax about the computer glitch etc... on the board as many of them may ask me how do u know that and keep questioning me. As far as I know there was some problem with the computers initially which was resolved and they are up and runnning... still it is the policy matters when they wanna mail the approvals. These days a couple of congressmen from VA and MD are tryin to involve into it and get it expedited and push them to have a certain concrete policy announced ASAP. One thing PBPC is up and running and they are working on certifications for the petitions that were received from regional offices.

everyone on board please do not shoot me with questions.....just this is totally credible info just keep your fingers crossed.

DISCLAIMER: The info provided above is only an acessment and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law....

aprlc2002

Hi DCmetro22042, I expect you LC to be approved in the some time in Q4 or around the end of the year or so...

Hey april,

If DCmetro's May 2003 LC is expected to be approved by Q4 then what prospects do you see for my LC filed in July 2002 from VA SWA. The 45 day letter was received and replied in February.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

good !

aprlc2002 said:
Hi DCmetro22042, I expect you LC to be approved in the some time in Q4 or around the end of the year or so...I did not want to answer all the hoax about the computer glitch etc... on the board as many of them may ask me how do u know that and keep questioning me. As far as I know there was some problem with the computers initially which was resolved and they are up and runnning... still it is the policy matters when they wanna mail the approvals. These days a couple of congressmen from VA and MD are tryin to involve into it and get it expedited and push them to have a certain concrete policy announced ASAP. One thing PBPC is up and running and they are working on certifications for the petitions that were received from regional offices.

everyone on board please do not shoot me with questions.....just this is totally credible info just keep your fingers crossed.

DISCLAIMER: The info provided above is only an acessment and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law....