Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thank you all for your support and kind words

Last week i was like you,hoping,waiting....looking for small hints to keep me sane.
I found them here in these forums,in these people.A piece of info from here,another from there and so i kept going.
Today,after my emotions settled down,i found out that i have to file for I140,and maybe 485 if the taxes for the last 4 tears of my employer are good.
Then wait 3 months for my EAD,then wait 1 month for my SSnumber,then wait 1 year for my I140,than wait...than wait...
So, instead of thinking what i am going to do while i wait ,i am just going to DO IT.
What does it mean?It means that i am going to live my life the best i can,enjoy my years,this country,my wife ,the weather and my cat.When something will happen from USCIS i am just going to enjoy it even more.
Meanwhile i will play by the book,i will file everything they want and just go back and live my life.
Why should i give myself a kidney stone with all this worries?
You are next :)

mugur said:
i have to file for I140,and maybe 485 if the taxes for the last 4 tears of my employer are good.

What does this mean? taxes are good? do you need tax records of just current employers or for all employers you worked for throughout your stay in US?

mugur said:
Last week i was like you,hoping,waiting....looking for small hints to keep me sane.
I found them here in these forums,in these people.A piece of info from here,another from there and so i kept going.
Today,after my emotions settled down,i found out that i have to file for I140,and maybe 485 if the taxes for the last 4 tears of my employer are good.
Then wait 3 months for my EAD,then wait 1 month for my SSnumber,then wait 1 year for my I140,than wait...than wait...
So, instead of thinking what i am going to do while i wait ,i am just going to DO IT.
What does it mean?It means that i am going to live my life the best i can,enjoy my years,this country,my wife ,the weather and my cat.When something will happen from USCIS i am just going to enjoy it even more.
Meanwhile i will play by the book,i will file everything they want and just go back and live my life.

nicely said, particularly the last sentence. One thing I don't understand Mugar is that you keep on mentioning SSnumber, whose ? yours ?
And I guess everybody will agree that wait for labor is far painful than wait for 140/485, because you don't own labor, but you own 140/485.

same question here

USCISisMockery said:
nicely said, particularly the last sentence. One thing I don't understand Mugar is that you keep on mentioning SSnumber, whose ? yours ?
And I guess everybody will agree that wait for labor is far painful than wait for 140/485, because you don't own labor, but you own 140/485.

I had the same question before USCISisMockery shamelessly stole it from me ( ;-)

WHat s the story about your SSecurity ? I had mine ever since i started to work here. Why dont you ?

Beside that...Congrat Mugur. It s the way to go. Just wait and see the things coming.

Well said mugur

mugur said:
Well put mugur.. what you have said is 100% true.. enjoy your life while your case is being processed rather than being upset about the whole process.

But everyone should put some of their time and efforts and actively pursue the ideas that USCISisMockery and all the others who are putting forward too speed up the process of our cases. We should not let others (BEC or some gov official) to deny us what we are doing legally or take our plight very lightly..

About PERM

It looks like they are implying that a traditional LC (from BEC) has to be withdrawn before filling for PERM. We don t need to wait for the withdrawal notice to file for PERM thou.
Also, it looks like sending a PERM application by mail does not make any difference compared to Online filling. When you look at how many denials you can get using the Online filling i dont think PERM is a good idea for us right now.
Finally some good news... 12 000 cases were processed (including the withdrawal.). They are processing LC while they are still entering data.
Well...well... This post gives me even more reasons to stick with my LC until something happens. Somehow i am happy i dont have to go thru PERM (not that BEC is better... ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Checklist

Everyone,

Here's what my lawyer had emailed me when I had asked for a checklist of items for the next stages (including the I-140) -- my assumption is that the 140 being about the employers ability to pay, the candidate has very little or no burden of proof, therefore all items in here that can be deemed any kind of proof from a person are listed under the 485 checklist.

Of course, I am not responsible etc etc.

have a good weekend guys, and mugur - love your optimism and words. There comes a time when we all get to a place of acceptance, looks like you are there and you have made peace with yourself and the situation. Very happy for you.

-spidey

ashkee said:
Are you not considering 7th year extention?

ashkee

I sure am buddy. My point was that I have not choice right now but to stick to BEC rather than applying using PERM and keep extending my H1B one yr at a time. Will talk to my lawyer towards the end of this month for extension.

I-140 Checklist

Needed information and/or documentation for the preparation and processing of the I-140 Immigrant Petition application:

Original Passport or notarized copy
Original I-94 card or notarized copy (front and back)
Notarized copy of prior Notice of Approval of "H" status (I-797)
Current resume including your employment history for the past six years (names, addresses, and exact dates of employment).
Original college/university degrees and transcripts or notarized copies
Most recent W-2's (At least last 3 years).
Most recent pay stub with your employer (at least last 3 to 6 months)
Foreign address
Present US address
Day and evening telephone numbers
Social security number
We must know:
Exact dates of unauthorized employment;
Exact dates of unemployment in the U.S.
Copy of employment agreement between company and the professional or job offer letter (EVL or Employment Verification Letter).
Copy of Credentials Evaluation (if applicable)
If you have any concerns regarding your spouse and/or children, please contact your lawyer's office for further information.
Please note that the Immigration Service will only accept full and complete translations of foreign documents. Summary or extract translations are no longer acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
question

mvinays said:
I-485 Checklist
Please download the attached PDF document. Thanks!

thanks mvinays for the checklist! very helpful! i guess it's not a bad idea to start figuring out the next steps...

my son is back home with my parents. his is 11. the checklist doesn't mention if his presence is required. does anyone know if his physical presence is required? or all i need to do is provide a translated birth certificate and pictures?

thanks in advance guys/gals!!

juntha said:
It looks like they are implying that a traditional LC (from BEC) has to be withdrawn before filling for PERM. We don t need to wait for the withdrawal notice to file for PERM thou.
Also, it looks like sending a PERM application by mail does not make any difference compared to Online filling. When you look at how many denials you can get using the Online filling i dont think PERM is a good idea for us right now.
Finally some good news... 12 000 cases were processed (including the withdrawal.). They are processing LC while they are still entering data.
Well...well... This post gives me even more reasons to stick with my LC until something happens. Somehow i am happy i dont have to go thru PERM (not that BEC is better... ;) )

I think 12000 cases processed means, 12000 cases were withdrawn. And I bet out of 12000, 10000 were withdrawn by mistake.
To process a case, either it has to be withdrawn or adjudicate and we have seen scarce adjudiction, so that means DOL is playing games by puting on this phony numbers which doesn't matter.
If you look at past posts or if you are following DOL for long time, you know how many promises/prediction DOL is able to fulfill: none. If they are right first time, please inform us.

I admire everybody's patience here.

Today I learned from Murthy's bulletin that these people are in charge of our LC.

Mr. William Carlson, Chief of the Foreign Labor Certification Unit, and Mr. Bill Raybung, who is in charge of the BPC operations

GC_Lover said:
What does this mean? taxes are good? do you need tax records of just current employers or for all employers you worked for throughout your stay in US?

Ability to Pay is verified of employer at I-140 stage, If the company has more than 50/100 employees the Financial Dept head's letter is enough and if it is less employees Tax records are verified.

No 45-day letter ?

No 45-day letter for me and the lawyer keeps saying "will let you know if any update" ....

CA EB2 RIR
PD: 6/2002
RD: 7/2003

Got case number after sending inquiry email: P-04344-07xxx

Feel lost & sad