Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Response for Letter to Secretary

Any effort from anyone was/is not fruitless. Though Reply is standard but they are getting the letter. Bottom line, There is will there is way. So please take some action(small or big) but don’t keep on planning forever. my 2 cents. Thx

====

Dear Mr. Mishra.

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the San Francisco Regional Office sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a “45-day letter” to the employer or its representative on February 7, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on February 16, 2005, and the case has been placed in the processing queue for Reduction-in-Recruitment cases.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Anand_Mishra said:
Any effort from anyone was/is not fruitless. Though Reply is standard but they are getting the letter. Bottom line, There is will there is way. So please take some action(small or big) but don’t keep on planning forever. my 2 cents. Thx

====

Dear Mr. Mishra.

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the San Francisco Regional Office sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a “45-day letter” to the employer or its representative on February 7, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on February 16, 2005, and the case has been placed in the processing queue for Reduction-in-Recruitment cases............

OK Now we know that they formed a Official RIR QUEUE
now need to know is this Q has both Federal and state cases or only Federal reached cases .. and at present what is the stage of processing in this Q?
Any Answers?

And Boston keeps approving them...

Everytime I see the Boston thread, there's at least one approval.
Happy for them no doubt but whats my sin?... Damn Philly is lazy...

spidey said:
Everytime I see the Boston thread, there's at least one approval.
Happy for them no doubt but whats my sin?... Damn Philly is lazy...

very close friend of mine got a call from his lawyer today that his LC got approved from Devner, his labor luckily never made it to backlog, it stayed with DOL. I am not sure anymore if I would live long enough to see my labor approved ever. :mad:

i believe the response letter from sect. Choa is a standard format and they just fill in name and dates and send it to everybody. I recieved identical letter (first one was not even referenced to me) with my name and dates. I received first email addressed to Mr. Mishra with my case information in the letter and than i received second email with my name and case information. So i guess you can guess the level of people working at DOL.

anything is better than doing nothing

Atleast ETA is receiving the letters from Sec. Chao office. It will help, i am not sure. But I think that is better than not receiving at all. my 2 cents. Thx

LC Florida said:
i believe the response letter from sect. Choa is a standard format and they just fill in name and dates and send it to everybody. I recieved identical letter (first one was not even referenced to me) with my name and dates. I received first email addressed to Mr. Mishra with my case information in the letter and than i received second email with my name and case information. So i guess you can guess the level of people working at DOL.

Anand_Mishra said:
Atleast ETA is receiving the letters from Sec. Chao office. It will help, i am not sure. But I think that is better than not receiving at all. my 2 cents. Thx

At least it confirmed that the 45 day letter had been received for your case. I hope there will be thousands of letters to her office just for that purpose. Hope that will be enough to get them have an on line case status checking system set up soon.

My fellow Country men and women..

Stop wasting your time trying to track your cases. My PD is July 2001 and I am done with this good-for-nothing f***ed-up system !! :mad:

So my motto is:
- Collect your hard-earned dollars...
- Find a good job in booming market in "Swades"...
- And help reduce the backlog for all the US loving A$$-H@LE$... :D

Rir? Swa? Perm?

anyone else can confirm that RIR got its own qu ? any information about different qu for states and regional? :confused:

should we move to PERM?

my PD is 4/2004, it might be 2 years from now to get an approval... if not more.
do you think i should move to PERM? any approvals there yet? i dont mind spending the money. i'm willing to pay for resultd. what do you think?

I got same letter from ETA. You are correct.

LC Florida said:

well

TO think about it....even if you clear PERM you should get your EB2 cleared with PERM before October 2005, that is when FY 2006 starts, they could retrogress dates in this category for Indians, Chinese, Philipines etc...

If you are not from these countries PERM could be helpful really otherwise even a month difference in PD might be a year down the road to get your 485 approved...consider the example where in Chicago they did not process any cases for a damn year and those guys who were waiting at the edge got pushed into BEC...what a frustration!

Long term staying put could be very useful. Waiting in BEC or waiting at 485 stage could be frustrating.

:eek:

Slade245 said:
my PD is 4/2004, it might be 2 years from now to get an approval... if not more.
do you think i should move to PERM? any approvals there yet? i dont mind spending the money. i'm willing to pay for resultd. what do you think?

Here is the letter. You can see, it is same.

mvinays said:
Can anybody please post the full letter from Secretary Chao? (You can hide your personal info for privacy).

Dear Dr. XXXXX:

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the State Workforce Agency sent this application to the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a "45-day letter" to the employer or its representative on March 17, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on May 2, 2005.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

rest_2004_free said:
TO think about it....even if you clear PERM you should get your EB2 cleared with PERM before October 2005, that is when FY 2006 starts, they could retrogress dates in this category for Indians, Chinese, Philipines etc...

If you are not from these countries PERM could be helpful really otherwise even a month difference in PD might be a year down the road to get your 485 approved...consider the example where in Chicago they did not process any cases for a damn year and those guys who were waiting at the edge got pushed into BEC...what a frustration!

Long term staying put could be very useful. Waiting in BEC or waiting at 485 stage could be frustrating.

:eek:

Waiting at 485 stage is a lot better than waiting at LC. At least your H-1B can get extended in 3 year chunks if your 140 is approved and if you are waiting for your priority date to become current (as per AC21 provision). (...after you finish the 6th year on H-1B). This will thus eliminate the need for yearly extensions after completion of 6th year.

Last edited by a moderator:
omnits said:
Dear Dr. XXXXX:

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the State Workforce Agency sent this application to the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a "45-day letter" to the employer or its representative on March 17, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on May 2, 2005.

:mad: Why didn't they raise application fee if they have no money to hire more people. I am even want to pay $1,000 from my own pocket to them if they can use that money to hire more people in BEC and shorten my LC time by one year. I think most of the folks here can afford it also. :mad:

luckylucky said:
:mad: Why didn't they raise application fee if they have no money to hire more people. I am even want to pay $1,000 from my own pocket to them if they can use that money to hire more people in BEC and shorten my LC time by one year. I think most of the folks here can afford it also. :mad:

Wishful thinking....
They should start charging a premium processing fee to approve / deny LC cases within 2 weeks. :) I am sure they will make a lot of money that way.

mvinays said:
Wishful thinking....
They should start charging a premium processing fee to approve / deny LC cases within 2 weeks. :) I am sure they will make a lot of money that way.

Did you know they had proposed exactly the same concept for processing I-140's but it was rejected by people like you and me because the fear was that premium processing would become the norm, effectively raising the cost of filing 140s for everybody even those who cant afford it.

If you ask me, I agree with a premium processing structure... especially after having waited for as long as I have (3+ years and still counting only in Labor)

spidey said:
Did you know they had proposed exactly the same concept for processing I-140's but it was rejected by people like you and me because the fear was that premium processing would become the norm, effectively raising the cost of filing 140s for everybody even those who cant afford it.

If you ask me, I agree with a premium processing structure... especially after having waited for as long as I have (3+ years and still counting only in Labor)

I knew they had proposed it for 140, but never knew why it was not finally implemented. If implemented, I would personally pay the premium processing fee and get done with the headache in two weeks.