Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

GC_Lover said:
Spidey,
If you can give exact location I am ready to drive couple of hours from Edison, NJ to KOP, PA just to sign the damn paper. I don't mind driving there if we have enough people doing that. I am in!

Thanks

Spidey, instead of you waiting outside mall, why dont we open a thread, use some mail box or some address (in PM) and people will send out you signature(s) to as many as they can collect by mail, compile it and send it whoever you think, its like we all are working in settelite center then combined all the signature pages, attach with letter and send out.

I know atleast 21 people, who is ready to sign.

This is something I got from a friend...and I already sent out using every address and name I know. ;)

------
Friends please Use the following link and letter, modify dates and send an appeal your state rep. Hope some thing comes out of this effort. Please add/modify and fwd to others who may get benefited.

http://capwiz.com/aila2/officials/congress/
Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

For the past 4 years several thousands of Labor Certification applications stuck in Dept of Labor offices. My application is one of those waiting for DOL approval since MM DD YYYY. Several thousands of professionals and legal immigrants like me are waiting to see some light and counting on the plans initiated by DOL to eliminate Backlogs in Labor Certifications.

Now we realizing that the new measures initiated by DOL are adding more delays to process and completely stopped the processing of Labor application nation wide.

Recent updates form DOL clearly shows that DOL is still trying to identify guidelines on how to process the applications and constantly changing the plans on processing the pending applications.

Initially the plan was to work on all cases which were pending at regional offices and then to move on to remaining cases in state labor offices. But now DOL changed plans. The recent information update from DOL about entering almost 300,000 pending labor application cases from status and manually enter into a new system stunned every one waiting for labor certification for more than 3 years.

Adding insult to the backlog injury, ever since the new Backlog Processing system started the system not only stopped processing application but also stopped providing any status information on the pending applications.

In addition to this DOL also started sending random verification letters (called 45 day letter) to the employers. These letter were Supposed to be issued in the order of priority date, but errors in DOL Backlog System issued letters in random resulting more confusion where people who applied for labor certification recently started receiving verifications compared the applicants waiting for 4 years.

My permanent labor certification was applied at MD SWA in year YYYY. After waiting for 4 years in DOL Offices of MD, the application was moved to a Backlog Reduction Center, and now the I am unable to track my application.

The long delays in processing of application have had an adverse affect on not only my career but on the careers of thousands of other professional applicants who

entered this country legally. These long delays also adversely effecting members of applicant families, organizations depending on the skilled professional resources and economy of US indirectly.

Processing a labor application after 4 years really questions the validity of the labor certification process in total. The new system still treats experienced professionals in the same way as illegal immigrant workers and keeps every one at the same processing priority level.

Recent Visa and travel policy changes also started impacting all of us waiting for labor certification, here are few examples to highlight the level of impact of these delays on the lives of applicants and their family members

- An applicant can not change job position during the waiting period for the labor certification and years of application processing delay takes the freedom off the applicant to seek any career advancements. In the current systems making any position change (even with the existing employer) will potentially result in loss of labor certification priority date of the application. Due to this may of the applicants live in the 4 year old jobs waiting for Labor certification, before even moving further in the career path in the same working environment.

- Dependants (including spouse) are not allowed work until labor certification of the primary applicant is cleared. There are thousands of family member waiting for years to get the freedom to work, study and live independently

- People waiting for long periods need to get status revalidation every year and travel to native country to get new Visa. There are 3 -4 month delays at local consulates to obtain visa appointment, so getting a new visa is far away form reality, because of these restrictions, number of applicants waiting for labor certification with extended visa status are not able to travel freely out side united states, even for visiting distant family members on urgent matters (last year my father passed away but I could not travel out side united status because of lack of visa appointments to timely return back to the country)

More and more we wait and suffer, we are loosing faith on the system that DOL introducing and constantly living in pain and suffer. We are highly educated professionals, tax payers, playing very active roll in the economy of the society, we left several options in the world came to US because we have high respect and faith in our society and great love to the nation of human values. All our family members are waiting and dreaming for the freedom to live, work, study and become full participants in the society rather than just tax payers. We really need your help, please kindly consider this appeal and help us to see some light out of this Labor Certification Backlog Process.

Sincerely,

If you're serious this is what it means -

Sounds like we have 1 GC_Lover and 22 from RahulatDC interested in this effort so far.... thats too little but maybe it's a start...

I can write the letter and put it out there in a thread for you sign off on --
I'll post my email address there you will :

1. Print document
2. Sign on it
3. Add your Full Name / Address / Contact Number
4. Scan the document
5. Email it to me

I will compile all these scanned documents and mail to senators / DOL / BPC etc...

If we dont have a good 1000 signatures we might as well let it go, our problem has always been we're not united and why should this be any different....

I dont know how to create a new thread but if someone does, please go ahead and create it ... with the above plan in mind...

I'll throw the letter in there along with instructions on what to do with it.

Please remember, we dont have any rights so this letter will HAVE to appeal to people's sense of fairness -- if you want to pick a fight, this is not the right petition.

-spidey

I am in

I am very much interested in doing this. But i am in TX, too far away from PA. So, anything online I will do and if you want, I can sign the letter and mail to you whereever you want.

spidey said:
Sounds like we have 1 GC_Lover and 22 from RahulatDC interested in this effort so far.... thats too little but maybe it's a start...

1. Print document
2. Sign on it
3. Add your Full Name / Address / Contact Number
4. Scan the document
5. Email it to me

I will compile all these scanned documents and mail to senators / DOL / BPC etc...

If we dont have a good 1000 signatures we might as well let it go, our problem has always been we're not united and why should this be any different....

I dont know how to create a new thread but if someone does, please go ahead and create it ... with the above plan in mind...

I'll throw the letter in there along with instructions on what to do with it.

Please remember, we dont have any rights so this letter will HAVE to appeal to people's sense of fairness -- if you want to pick a fight, this is not the right petition.

-spidey

spidey said:

-spidey

What exactly do you mean by compile? Can you please explain a bit on this.
Anyways I am in, so you will receive my signed document.

GC_Lover said:
What exactly do you mean by compile? Can you please explain a bit on this.
Anyways I am in, so you will receive my signed document.

Compile will include:-

1. Create Cover letter, so recipients will know what we're doing
2. List names of all people who have signed and sent me scanned document by email
3. Create a mailing bundle complete with my cover letter and all signed documents
4. Physically mail to senators / BPC / DOL

-spidey

interesting

I just received an email based responde from Info@PHI.DFLC.US about my pending case..

It was stereo typed message as follows:

At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, 45-day letters will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # as well as requesting additional information from the employer.

Please do not request any additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet website:

www.perm.dflc@dol.gov

Here are two points I'd like to mention:
1. I inquired AFTER 90 days of sending our response to the 45 days letter and even though I get this feedback from them.

2. Are they promoting PERM over old systems? Seems to me - YES. There is NO need to advertise PERM for old system case inquiry. In that case, I think DOL will treat ALL old cases in BEC as second priority over the PERM. May be we should convert to PERM - which is at the momeny HIGHLY UNSUCCESSFUL.

We / the immigrant community need to do something. This is ENDLESS.

LC Status

I contacted my attorney to check on the status of the LC application. I also sent him the response I got from DFLC. Below is the response I got from him.

You are not allowed to have any involvement with the case- it could result in a denial. Please do not attempt to contact labor again- this is important. We have not received a 45 day letter yet- they have only sent out about 100K out of 350K cases so they have a ways to go.

vs357190 said:
You are not allowed to have any involvement with the case- it could result in a denial. Please do not attempt to contact labor again- this is important. We have not received a 45 day letter yet- they have only sent out about 100K out of 350K cases so they have a ways to go.

thats BS, total crap. How can it be denied if you ask for status of your application.

hi

GC_Lover said:
thats BS, total crap. How can it be denied if you ask for status of your application.

I agree , it's BS. Legally , DFKC will NEVER threat on paper in words :)...

You need to fire the idiot lawyer who is scaring you/trying to do so.
So far I have fired 3 idiots like that.

I am ready to drive and sign

Hello Spidey,

Count mw in. I am ready to drive and sign.

Thank you and god bless you.

spidey said:

2. List names of all people who have signed and sent me scanned document by email
3. Create a mailing bundle complete with my cover letter and all signed documents

-spidey

This is SO RIDICULOUS

vs357190 said:
I contacted my attorney to check on the status of the LC application. I also sent him the response I got from DFLC. Below is the response I got from him.

--------------------
I am SO FED up of these dogs treating us like crap.
when it's our life at stake and our money that's paying them to do their jobs.

they treat us like illitrate idiots jsut becoz we are from a diff. country.
and in addition put the fear of the unknown in us ...'what denial' - jsut coz u asked whats up with my case?????... thats SO BS!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MUD

Agree

spidey said:
Gentlemen and Ladies,

If you are serious about this I have a very effective proposal. I guarantee it'll turn heads but we can't do it if we dont have committment from a serious quantity.
I mean we need at least a 1000 (yes thousand) signatures.
-spidey

Where are you?

Do we have more effective way to get "physical" sigatures? Fax, Email, Jpg ...? I bet we can get more, if we are creative. I want to put my name tooooooooo!!!!

vs357190 said:

This is a perfect example how these Americans are treating hard working immigrants. What is wrong in checking status of an application which these stupid people are sitting on for years. I am telling you these Americans think all immigrants get scared if you talk crap. We need to resist and stand up!

Spidey

spidey said:

-spidey

Can we create an Excel file first, put our screen name in, and count how many want to take some actions. After a while, we start to send real sigatures and petitions to one person.

Let us discuss exactly what we want to do. Do not leave those who do not know what we are doing behind. Then we go together.

Can you send me a private mail, I will give you my phone number and we can discuss in more effective way.

I am serious and angry. I always believe if we do not do anything, nothing will happen. Like old blacks, they fought for their rights, not begged and waited.

Last edited by a moderator:
omnits said:
Can we create an Excel file first, put our screen name in, and count how many want to take some actions. After a while, we start to send real sigatures and petitions to one person.

I like the idea of creating spread sheet and putting in the names who are committed to do this.

GC_Lover said:
I like the idea of creating spread sheet and putting in the names who are committed to do this.

Check "Raise awareness about labor certificate process backlog"

I believe that way is most effective. Add names by quoting previous msg.

spidey said:

-spidey

Spidey,

Create an Online Petition kinda like this one http://www.PetitionOnline.com/diwali03/

It is easier to collect signatures this way...

Just my 2 cents.

All ideas are great BUT...

Here's what happens...
We each is capable of coming up with a better idea than the previous one -- and I agree people maybe more comfortable using screen names to begin with -- BUT --
that also means the luxury of not putting your name out there --
thats exactly the risk WE need people to take --

so... lets not come up with more ideas and stick to a plan.
I am perfectly content taking a back seat if one of you wants to lead this.....

But if we want to be serious lets use real names and contact information --
No one in govt will take us seriously without real names and contact information ---

I can put a letter in a new thread with complete instructions --
you must print, add your contact info, sign, scan and email back to me (or whoever else wants to take the charge)

If its going to be done -- lets not add to the confusion.