Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I have a copy of what lawyer send, he checked the correct one. To apply in PERM i do not have time for that, i will be completing my 6 Yr very soon. My employer started to apply for my 7 Yr extension

GC_Lover said:
Sorry to hear about your case.
The letter says "untimely or incomplete response", there could be many reasons why this could have happened you see, Fedex never reached BEC or lawyer marked a wrong field in the letter or he did not mark anything in letter, who knows what happened.
Maybe you can go for PERM, who knows you might end up getting your LC much faster. :)

Can you contact BEC again saying you had replied in timely manner and show the letter which you replied initially? Maybe they consider it as mistake and reopen your case, What does your attorney suggest?

What's the best form(s) of communicating the response?

Guys,
What's the best form(s) of communicating the response to backlog process center?

VAMAX said:
My lawyer told me that he responded on 01/07/2005 via Fed Ex, but BEC say
Letter content
NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE
Our communication to you dated Dec 27, 2004 stated that your complete response was to be postmarked no later than Feb 10, 2005. Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

At any time, you may resubmit this alien labor certification request as a new application which will have a new filing date.

If you have any question regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letterhead. DO NOT CONTACT THE STATE WORKFORCE AGENCY.

shaaka if you are asking this ? to me.
My lawyer responded to this notice, and he told me to check back after 2 weeks. I hope that get cleared and my case becomes active, i did not plane of worst. If worst happens i have to leave this country, what other choice i have.
shaaka said:
what are u planning next?

Please clarify

Hello Gurus,

I am not sure whether I got my 45 days letter or not. Request your clarification.

Before we go to the main part, please note that my company doesnt allow any employee to contact our attorneys directly. All the communications are routed thru our company only.

The main part :-

CA State Priority date : June'2002
ROL Date : May'2003

Couple of weeks back, got a mail from my office stating :
"Please be informed that your application for Labor clearance has been sent to Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center on February 3rd 2005

Your ETA case number is P-xxxxx-xxxxxx "

Parallelly, I had some queries which was sent to my attorney [via my office] and here is the part of it :
Mail Sent from my office :
"For this employee, we had received a letter dated February 03, 2005 from ETA that his case has been forwarded to the Backlog processing Center.
Hope you have responded to this for continuing the processing or do we need to do anything."
The attorney's response was :
"Yes response filed Feb 11th. No further action needed at this time."

I am not sure whether this is the "45 days letter" or this was just an information mail that my case was transfered.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Data Entry Error and LC Withdrawn

this is my current case status:

DOL responded with LC withdrawal after responding to 45day letter confirming proceed

* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, working on reinstating case by resending 45 day
letter confirmation + cover letters from Employer/Attorney about error.

so far have not heard back fr DBRC! and dont know if :

*1 Has anyone run into this issue ?
*2 Was case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

VAMAX said:
My lawyer told me that he responded on 01/07/2005 via Fed Ex, but BEC say
Letter content
NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE
Our communication to you dated Dec 27, 2004 stated that your complete response was to be postmarked no later than Feb 10, 2005. Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

At any time, you may resubmit this alien labor certification request as a new application which will have a new filing date.

If you have any question regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letterhead. DO NOT CONTACT THE STATE WORKFORCE AGENCY.

I do not have Fed Ex no, but i can ask my lawyer. My lawyer is one of best, so do not except her to make any mistake. Lawyer told me that she has proof of document sent to BEC.

lc4gc said:
sorry to hear that...do you have FEDEX number,usually you can trace it and you know they send it to BEC...when I was file LC to TWC (Texas SWA), I used Fedex and check the tracing number next day, and print out that they recieved it with the siganature.....this time, we use USPS next day delivery with tracing number for my 45 day letter....I also printed out from the USPS website that it was reached to the office as a proof...can your attoney provide you the Fedex number? maybe he made mistakes?
by the way, did the letter ask for extra documents of the company or ETA 750A & B? are you sure your lawyer mailed everything....?

good luck.....

aamchimumbai said:
My PD is Jan'04. Boy!! looks like a long wait......for me....anyways.....

Thanks for the information.

Worth trying PERM with a new company as backup so that extensions can be obtained unlimited in period of one year (assuming pending LC/I140 is 1 yr old)untill Visa DATE becomes current considering current situation

Austin_Hawk said:
this is my current case status:

DOL responded with LC withdrawal after responding to 45day letter confirming proceed

* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, working on reinstating case by resending 45 day
letter confirmation + cover letters from Employer/Attorney about error.

so far have not heard back fr DBRC! and dont know if :

*1 Has anyone run into this issue ?
*2 Was case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

Please check with your Employer if they have also replied this letter inadverntely other wise. If not then it is for sure DRBC ERROR

My BRC/BED Letter

45 days Letter responded 03/10/2005 (via Fed Ex)
45 days Letter received 02/23/28/2005
LC transfered to Regional 08/22/2003
PD 11/05/2002 (state CA, RIR, EB2)

VAMAX said:
I do not have Fed Ex no, but i can ask my lawyer. My lawyer is one of best, so do not except her to make any mistake. Lawyer told me that she has proof of document sent to BEC.

VAMAX,
Did this happen in Philadelphia or Dallas center? I am assuming its PA since you posted it here, right?

letter finally replied by my lawyer...barely enough to make the 3/28 date on time! Man..either my HR or lawyers are slackers! I hope DOL enters the response as received on 3/28 itself..otherwise....

It's Philadelphia.
Today i spoke with my lawyer, she told that they receivd some handfull of NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE. My lawyer has signed copy of Fed Ex document, which they have faxed and Fed Ex. Hope fully all this gets resolved

GC_Lover said:
VAMAX,
Did this happen in Philadelphia or Dallas center? I am assuming its PA since you posted it here, right?

BEC started approving cases

Looks like the logical assumption that cases will be processed while the data entry is being made at BEC came true.

For Bbli, LC was filed in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received March 25' 2005.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161369&page=2

So BEC processing is ON? I can hope I will get my approval someday! What you say gurus?

ben123 said:
Looks like the logical assumption that cases will be processed while the data entry is being made at BEC came true.

For Bbli, LC was filed in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received March 25' 2005.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161369&page=2

So BEC processing is ON? I can hope I will get my approval someday! What you say gurus?

Hallelujah!
Happy Holi!!
Hail to the cheap!!!

This forum is very informative -
I am glad to know that processing has finally started !

I applied for LC, (MD office) on May 2002
Forwarded to Regional Office in Oct. 2004
Received 45 day letter Mar 15th 2005

RahulatDC said:
Guyz, one of my friend throw a holi (a hindu festival for those who don’t know) lunch last weekend and he got approval news as followings, he got this from friends friend but believe me its reliable, he know all those guyz personally.

from VA applied in 2003, approved from philly BEC.
from NC applied in 2002, approved from philly BEC.
from FL applied in 2003, approved from philly BEC.

Seems like tomshu, akela, icarus and other hotline were right, keeping mah finger xross.

Can this be true?

It may well be possible, I guess, if for those states, applications were being processed/forwarded to the regional centre fairly quickly. In other words, say they applied for LC in 2002, and it got through to regional in 2002 itself, then they are in fact ahead of the line in the BEC now. (As opposed to those states in which application were sitting at the State level for years)....like mine....what say ye ?

pillar said:
It may well be possible, I guess, if for those states, applications were being processed/forwarded to the regional centre fairly quickly. In other words, say they applied for LC in 2002, and it got through to regional in 2002 itself, then they are in fact ahead of the line in the BEC now. (As opposed to those states in which application were sitting at the State level for years)....like mine....what say ye ?

So you are saying who filed LC in 2001 and never went to regional will be processed last? :)