Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks Spidey and mnhrdc

Thanks Guys.

At least it is good to know, my case moved one more step ahead. :) I know, there is more steps to claim up.

status of 45 day letter notice from DC

1) has any one received 45-day letter notice from philly backlog elimination center for the labors applied in DC SWA? my DC priority date is october 2001 and still not received the letter. i don't know whether my labor got cleared from state or not.

2) my employer has changed the attorney in 2003. so, philly BEC is going to send the letter to emplyer and/or attorney (old/new)?

please share with me if any of you know anything about this.

thanks...

WashingtonDC said:
1) has any one received 45-day letter notice from philly backlog elimination center for the labors applied in DC SWA? my DC priority date is october 2001 and still not received the letter. i don't know whether my labor got cleared from state or not.

2) my employer has changed the attorney in 2003. so, philly BEC is going to send the letter to emplyer and/or attorney (old/new)?

please share with me if any of you know anything about this.

thanks...

They send the letter to what is on there file.
ie to your Employer & Attorney (old)
Please send an email for status check to BEC with last name First name, Comapny name, old case no.. After reciept of new no. your new attorney can send a amendment to new Agent addr.
Premptively your employer/New Attorney can send an amendment informing the change of Attorney/address to SWA/RO/BEC in advance.

Same situation

Hi,

Yes. Actually this situation happened on me. BEC sent 45 days letter to my old attorney on 2/3/05. For some reason, they proactively replied with widthdraw. We did not know the letter had been sent until our company got a letter (3/5/05) from BEC that my case had been widthdrawn. My current lawyer had already faxed documents to BEC to clarify the situation and request for reopen the case

Oh, i am a newbie. My case details:

CA RIR filed on July 2003
transferred to Regional DOL date on June 2004

Hope this help

mnhrdc said:
They send the letter to what is on there file.
ie to your Employer & Attorney (old)
Please send an email for status check to BEC with last name First name, Comapny name, old case no.. After reciept of new no. your new attorney can send a amendment to new Agent addr.
Premptively your employer/New Attorney can send an amendment informing the change of Attorney/address to SWA/RO/BEC in advance.

MGDC said:
Hi,

Yes. Actually this situation happened on me. BEC sent 45 days letter to my old attorney on 2/3/05. For some reason, they proactively replied with widthdraw. We did not know the letter had been sent until our company got a letter (3/5/05) from BEC that my case had been widthdrawn. My current lawyer had already faxed documents to BEC to clarify the situation and request for reopen the case

Hope this help

Let us know how BEC dealt with your case. Did they reopened the case and is your labor application still active. Let us know so that it may help others...

thanks

thanks a lot mgdc...

i will check with my employer's old attorney. old law firm is located in chicago and new one is located in DC itself. we actually have small legal department at our office but the actual legal issues are taken care by outside people. when i checked with legal department at my office ... they said they already updated the new attorney info with DOL.

as you said MGDC, the old attorney could return the 45-day letter notice with a big "NO". you helpmed me a lot. now i will ask my company's legal department to talk to the old attorney because i cannot talk to those people.

thanks a lot again...

Recd My 45 Day Letter Finally

mnhrdc said:
1.All Transferred cases and data entered will recieve 45 day letter
2.Once the reply is recieved for those cases they start process based on PD
3.At later stage any cases having earlier PD sends reply then it will jump to first of Q based on PD even though the reply was sent later.
4.The cases having all data gets consideration and need not wait untill earlier PD cases info is still under capture. This may cause some overlap on PD basis.
5.There will be seperate two Q's RIR and TR.

Hi mnhrdc
I think that you have summed it up pretty accurately.I recd my 45 day letter today . My details are:

CA DOL
PD AUG 12 2002
RD AUG 2003
ETA # P- 04320-03XXX
45 DAY LETTER ( MARCH 22)

MGDC & WashingtonDC

Even i received NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE, "Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response" al thought my lawyer responded timely and positively i.e Yes continue. I have proof that BPC has received my lawyer response.

As i have to apply for my 7th Yr H1B extension, i am very concern about my case closure.

Do any of you know how long it takes to reopen closed case. Did any one has same issue.

MGDC said:
Hi,

Hope this help

MGDC said:
Hi,

Hope this help

Wow that's pretty bad. You should atleast call your old lawyers and ask them why they proactively filed for withdrawal even without asking you. (If they are not getting fees from your company then they could just disregard the notice) Such screwups can cost you the GC after all that waiting.
But I think you are OK as I read somewhere that if BEC receives conflicting guidance from the lawyer and employer then the employer's choice takes precedence.

Siddharth1 said:
Wow that's pretty bad. You should atleast call your old lawyers and ask them why they proactively filed for withdrawal even without asking you. (If they are not getting fees from your company then they could just disregard the notice) Such screwups can cost you the GC after all that waiting.
But I think you are OK as I read somewhere that if BEC receives conflicting guidance from the lawyer and employer then the employer's choice takes precedence.

My current laywer had asked the same question to the old attroney...... But they did not give us any answer but only saying that it was their mistake and sorry. What they did just want to "HELP" me not to suffer (it was a really bad excuse i never heard). Anyway, my current laywer is very responsive to my case and confident that my case will be reopened.

MGDC said:
My current laywer had asked the same question to the old attroney...... But they did not give us any answer but only saying that it was their mistake and sorry. What they did just want to "HELP" me not to suffer (it was a really bad excuse i never heard). Anyway, my current laywer is very responsive to my case and confident that my case will be reopened.

Threaten to sue them...
You realize that the old lawyer was just being malicious and the new lawyer is just not interested because either they have an interest with the old lawyer OR they have no interest in angering you because they cant make any money off it.

I am not a lawyer .. so please act accordingly.

spidey said:
Threaten to sue them...
You realize that the old lawyer was just being malicious and the new lawyer is just not interested because either they have an interest with the old lawyer OR they have no interest in angering you because they cant make any money off it.

I am not a lawyer .. so please act accordingly.

I think you should consider seeking legal options if your case is closed by BEC and they don't re-open it. Speak to someone at your workplace HR or legal to see what they have to say about it.

MGDC said:

please post the attorney name or law firm name if you don't mind ... so that the other people who applied with that lawyer will be cautious.

Newyork DOL guys

Has any one from new york receeived the 45day letter.
Mine in RIR EB3
PD 02/01/2003 and nothing yet.

once our lawyers send the letter back to DOL, is there a way to confirm that DOL have marked in the system that the petition shall be processed and not withdrawn?
My lawyers sent the letter only a day before final day and therefore am a little concerned if DOL got it in time and marked it correctly or not. Any suggestions?

Orissa, Tomshu , Icarus, Alkea

Hello my friends,
We need your up date about the approvals directly from your hot lines.
Thank you very much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dcmetro22042 said:
once our lawyers send the letter back to DOL, is there a way to confirm that DOL have marked in the system that the petition shall be processed and not withdrawn?
My lawyers sent the letter only a day before final day and therefore am a little concerned if DOL got it in time and marked it correctly or not. Any suggestions?

The only thing that I can think of is that if they did not receive in time you/ur lawyer will get a letter soon from BEC saying case closed. Maybe some of the other ones who have got the letters can tell us about the number of days between lawyer sending letter and receipt of 'case closed' notice. Sorry, only an idea.

Siddharth1 said:
The only thing that I can think of is that if they did not receive in time you/ur lawyer will get a letter soon from BEC saying case closed. Maybe some of the other ones who have got the letters can tell us about the number of days between lawyer sending letter and receipt of 'case closed' notice. Sorry, only an idea.

Still i wonder why they didnt use FAX option fallowed by US certified mail which is the general practice of Attorneys. ( they generally dont want to use USPS/FEDEX for Govt corrospondence) .