Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I did not frame my question right.........anyways...

If you read processing times for EB-3 (I-485) filing there is no such distinction, and hence the confusion and curiosity.

Thanks again.

gp111 said:
EB2 = Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability
EB3 = Skilled Worker or Professional

aamchimumbai said:
I did not frame my question right.........anyways...

If you read processing times for EB-3 (I-485) filing there is no such distinction, and hence the confusion and curiosity.

Thanks again.

Are you asking about I-485 Processing time OR Visa avalibility Date ?? Both are different ..

As of today total Processing time for I-140 & I-485 is almost same for both EB-2 & EB-3. While Visa avlibility date for EB-2 is Current & April-02 for EB-3

Visa avalibility date can be checked at
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2150.html

State Gov publishes Visa Numbers every months

Received 45 day letter from BEC

My lawyer informed me that they received the 45-day letter from Philly BEC yesterday - 03/21/2005. They will be responding in a day or two.
I will send the updates accordingly.

Please update our tracker with this interim information.
Also, my SWA priority date was incorrect, please see all the corrected info below.

Thanks and regards.

Harrisburg SWA Receipt Date - 06/16/2003
EB3 - Regular
Regional Date - Philly Regional - 09/29/2004
BEC 45-Day Letter Received - 03/21/2005

Recieved 45-day letter

Lawyer informed on 21-Mar about recieving 45-day letter

MD SESA reciept date 16-Jan-2002
Transferred to Philly on 7-May-2004
BEC 45-day letter on 21-Mar-2005

NJ June 2002 RIR

Has anyone from NJ received 45 days letter?

PD June 2002
No 45 days letter yet. :mad:

Labor Applied from Maine - any idea what is the status

My Labor was filed from MAine state and the Priority date was 21st DEC 2004.
Any idea what is happening the RIR/EB2 Cases filed from Maine?

Thanks

re:

my lawyer also received 45 day letter for me .however my 485 is already applied using sub. labor . the lawyer has also responded to the 45 day latter but dont know what he has responded.
i am thinking whether it can affect me in a negative way if they say they want my labor processing to go on... is that possible ...i mean my 485 is pending .

Also got the 45 days letter late

Hello,
i got my 45 days letter on March 9,took it to the employer ,signed,and returned to the lawyer on March 20.Let's see what now?Funny fact ,my wife got her 45 days letter a month and a half ago,even though our PD dates at the Philly are as follows:
Me 29 January 2004
Her 20 June 2004
Even though her case moved to Philly with a date 4 months AFTER me ,she got the 45 days letter first.
Now,i guess we have to wait for Mr.Bush to finish talking with the presidents of Mexico and Canada,March 28 PERM,April 30 last day to ship the cases ,and hopefully May 1st first approved case from BEC.
I applied for my GC April 2001.Still hoping :rolleyes:

Eb-3

thanks gp111.

Here is what am trying to find out.....

1. Assuming my Labor (Fed) gets cleared at the BEC (whenever that happens). Once that happens...i know i can file I-140 and cannot file I-485. Am trying to find out when can I file I-485 ? based on the current scenario....

Thanks..

gp111 said:
Are you asking about I-485 Processing time OR Visa avalibility Date ?? Both are different ..

As of today total Processing time for I-140 & I-485 is almost same for both EB-2 & EB-3. While Visa avlibility date for EB-2 is Current & April-02 for EB-3

Visa avalibility date can be checked at
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2150.html

State Gov publishes Visa Numbers every months

mugur said:
Hello,
i got my 45 days letter on March 9,took it to the employer ,signed,and returned to the lawyer on March 20.Let's see what now?Funny fact ,my wife got her 45 days letter a month and a half ago,even though our PD dates at the Philly are as follows:
Me 29 January 2004
Her 20 June 2004
Even though her case moved to Philly with a date 4 months AFTER me ,she got the 45 days letter first.
Now,i guess we have to wait for Mr.Bush to finish talking with the presidents of Mexico and Canada,March 28 PERM,April 30 last day to ship the cases ,and hopefully May 1st first approved case from BEC.
I applied for my GC April 2001.Still hoping :rolleyes:

What is Mr.Bush going to talk with the presidents of Mexico and Canada ? Can you plz tell us how is this related to BEC and how this going to help approving cases from BEC ?

sn

aamchimumbai said:
thanks gp111.

Here is what am trying to find out.....

1. Assuming my Labor (Fed) gets cleared at the BEC (whenever that happens). Once that happens...i know i can file I-140 and cannot file I-485. Am trying to find out when can I file I-485 ? based on the current scenario....

Thanks..

What is your PD ?? If you ware born in IN/CH/PH, you may be affected by EB-3 retrogression. SO when your LC gets certified, check if Visa Number is available for your PD ( As of today its available for PDs of April, 01, 2002 & earlier,.. Its moving 1 month forward each month)..

If your Visa number available for your PD, You can file I-140 & I-485 concurrently.

If not available, You can file I-140 & wait for Visa Number to be available for your PD for I-485 filing.

FOR Example,
Say your PD is August 2002. When you get your LC, if Current Visa Bulitin says EB-3 Availability if for Sept 01,2002 THEN you can file I-140 & I-485 alltogather. BUT IF Bulitin says August 01, 2002 (or earlier), You may file I-140 .. Wait till bulitin date changes past your PD & then file I-485.

Hope this helps

My PD is Jan'04. Boy!! looks like a long wait......for me....anyways.....

Thanks for the information.

gp111 said:
What is your PD ?? If you ware born in IN/CH/PH, you may be affected by EB-3 retrogression. SO when your LC gets certified, check if Visa Number is available for your PD ( As of today its available for PDs of April, 01, 2002 & earlier,.. Its moving 1 month forward each month)..

If your Visa number available for your PD, You can file I-140 & I-485 concurrently.

If not available, You can file I-140 & wait for Visa Number to be available for your PD for I-485 filing.

FOR Example,
Say your PD is August 2002. When you get your LC, if Current Visa Bulitin says EB-3 Availability if for Sept 01,2002 THEN you can file I-140 & I-485 alltogather. BUT IF Bulitin says August 01, 2002 (or earlier), You may file I-140 .. Wait till bulitin date changes past your PD & then file I-485.

Hope this helps

Nj

NJ SWA PD April 2002
Regional PD August 2004
45 day letter not received yet.

aycy said:
Has anyone from NJ received 45 days letter?

PD June 2002
No 45 days letter yet. :mad:

Question for H1B extension

Hello Guys,

I highly appreciate if any one answer for these questions.

I am with company X for 5 years and I am in 8th year H1B extension because my labor is pending more than 365 days and filed by company X.

Now company Y bought company X and company Y asked us to move all employes to another loaction (out of state). Closing this loaction..

Now my company name also changed to company Y name

1. what is the current status of my H1B?? Is it still valid??

2. In future can I get another 9th year extension?? H1B extension is depending upon my labor. But labor is state specific. If I move another state my labor is going to invalid. If this case how can I get another year extension??

3. Is my labor valid?? because my company name changed to company name Y.

My company people asked to lawyer. But he didn't reply. (may be he is looking for laws)

Meantime I am totally confused and tension... What should I need to do??

jdk98 :mad:

jdk98 said:
1. what is the current status of my H1B?? Is it still valid??

YES It is

2. In future can I get another 9th year extension?? H1B extension is depending upon my labor. But labor is state specific. If I move another state my labor is going to invalid. If this case how can I get another year extension??

Your Labor is Valid as long as the new company does not withdraw it. Are they gonna close down the office ? If they keep one of the office (small office/one department...) then you may continue the LC process & Get 9th year extension

3. Is my labor valid?? because my company name changed to company name Y.

Company name does not matter as long as they can provide proof of merger/buy out ..

If I ware you, I also file a Fresh Labor (PERM) from new location & wait for which one comes first.

jdk98 :mad:

Any one got Notice of Case Closure letter from BEC, although your lawyer responded timely.
My lawyer and employer got a letter stating above. My case details. My lawyer responded to this letter stating that response to 45 days letter was Fex Ex on 01/07/2005 with documentation.

45 days Letter responded 01/07/2005 (via Fed Ex)
45 days Letter received 12/28/2004
LC transfered to Regional 09/03/2004 (Philadelphia)
PD 04/29/2003 (state VA, RIR, EB3)undefinedundefined

VAMAX said:
Any one got Notice of Case Closure letter from BEC, although your lawyer responded timely.
My lawyer and employer got a letter stating above. My case details. My lawyer responded to this letter stating that response to 45 days letter was Fex Ex on 01/07/2005 with documentation.

45 days Letter responded 01/07/2005 (via Fed Ex)
45 days Letter received 12/28/2004
LC transfered to Regional 09/03/2004 (Philadelphia)
PD 04/29/2003 (state VA, RIR, EB3)undefinedundefined

Are you saying that BEC send your lawyer a letter saying that they are not continuing your case inspite of your attorney telling them to continue the case??
wow thats scary, so thats how they plan to reduce backlog. :(

My lawyer told me that he responded on 01/07/2005 via Fed Ex, but BEC say
Letter content
NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE
Our communication to you dated Dec 27, 2004 stated that your complete response was to be postmarked no later than Feb 10, 2005. Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

At any time, you may resubmit this alien labor certification request as a new application which will have a new filing date.

If you have any question regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letterhead. DO NOT CONTACT THE STATE WORKFORCE AGENCY.

VAMAX said:
My lawyer told me that he responded on 01/07/2005 via Fed Ex, but BEC say
Letter content
NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE
Our communication to you dated Dec 27, 2004 stated that your complete response was to be postmarked no later than Feb 10, 2005. Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

At any time, you may resubmit this alien labor certification request as a new application which will have a new filing date.

If you have any question regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letterhead. DO NOT CONTACT THE STATE WORKFORCE AGENCY.

Sorry to hear about your case.
The letter says "untimely or incomplete response", there could be many reasons why this could have happened you see, Fedex never reached BEC or lawyer marked a wrong field in the letter or he did not mark anything in letter, who knows what happened.
Maybe you can go for PERM, who knows you might end up getting your LC much faster. :)