Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I think they are sending out 45-days letter as an excuse to not evaluate any applications. This has hardly anything to do with reducing the backlog. Thats what I think.

Real Intention

yours_sincerely said:
If the purpose of the 45-day letter was only to reduce backlog by eliminating cases that are withdrawn, now is a good time for DOL to stop this 45-day thing now as statistically only a low percentage of people are withdrawing. Even if they are trying to find out if the applications are from genuine companies that is, anyways, going to be taken care when the I-140 is filed. DOL should just stop sending these 45 day letters as it is a bad idea now that they know the percentage of withdrawls is so low. They can utilize the time better by starting to evaluate applications.

First of all we should know the real intentions of DOL, BEC and other immigration related departments. These days i started believing that these people are just trying to make fun of us and make us big time fools. They are just draining our skills, effort, energy, money etc. On top of that they keep us in dark without giving any information. I know many people have already spent thousands of dollars for GC processing, and many people(husbands and wifes) with highly qualified skills are just waiting to get their EAD.

Do you think its difficult for them to process and certify these LC applications? I don't think so. Instead of making things easy, they are working hard to make things very very difficult. Also see how the system changes frequently and alienate immigrants from rest of the population. I think the real intention is not to provide us anything but make our life more miserable.

My sincere advice to follow members, make and save as much money as possible. Convert your $ into your local currency as early as possible. Because one day you will have to go back to your home country.

Recycle Bin

Hello friends,
BEC is just like a Recycle Bin. When you delete any files from your computer you'll get a "Confirm file delete" diaglog box. The message will read "Are you sure you want to send your file to Recycle Bin?"

BEC is sending similar type of diaglog box (45 letters) to us. "Do you want to continue processing?" Once you say "YES" it is definitely going to go to the recycle bin. I'll explaning you how and why?

Some people say that BEC will not start processing the cases until they complete the data entry. By the time they complete the data entry, 45 days confirmation letter will become obsolete. Because these 45 days response will be 6-9 months old by the end of summer.

After data entry, we will receive one more letter. May be this time they call it 22.5 days letter asking for confirmation once again? Again we will send our response. What will happen now?

Now remember you 45 days letter is already in recycle bin. Do you know what will happen to the file if you delete it from recycle bin? PERMANENT DELETION.

45 days come in picture by DOL Auditors recomdendation. So that is must step for LC process. I am not sure if this is helping the process in short run or not?

yours_sincerely said:
If the purpose of the 45-day letter was only to reduce backlog by eliminating cases that are withdrawn, now is a good time for DOL to stop this 45-day thing now as statistically only a low percentage of people are withdrawing. Even if they are trying to find out if the applications are from genuine companies that is, anyways, going to be taken care when the I-140 is filed. DOL should just stop sending these 45 day letters as it is a bad idea now that they know the percentage of withdrawls is so low. They can utilize the time better by starting to evaluate applications.

:) whatheheck, I can't stop my laugh while reading your pefect critics. I am agree with you. You foogot to mention there may another 12 days later in 2006 or 2007 perhaps.

whatheheck said:
Hello friends,
BEC is just like a Recycle Bin. When you delete any files from your computer you'll get a "Confirm file delete" diaglog box. The message will read "Are you sure you want to send your file to Recycle Bin?"

BEC is sending similar type of diaglog box (45 letters) to us. "Do you want to continue processing?" Once you say "YES" it is definitely going to go to the recycle bin. I'll explaning you how and why?

Some people say that BEC will not start processing the cases until they complete the data entry. By the time they complete the data entry, 45 days confirmation letter will become obsolete. Because these 45 days response will be 6-9 months old by the end of summer.

After data entry, we will receive one more letter. May be this time they call it 22.5 days letter asking for confirmation once again? Again we will send our response. What will happen now?

Now remember you 45 days letter is already in recycle bin. Do you know what will happen to the file if you delete it from recycle bin? PERMANENT DELETION.

BEC Letter Recieved

SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date): October 31,2002
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL on June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-15***
Recieved BEC Letter: 03/08/05
Sent Response: 03/16/05

Can someone please update my deatils.

orissa said:
:) whatheheck, I can't stop my laugh while reading your pefect critics. I am agree with you. You foogot to mention there may another 12 days later in 2006 or 2007 perhaps.

You are true. Anything will happen with these people. I bet soon we will see people starting new tracker, new thread etc.

In 2008, someone from this group will be shouting loudly. "Hey i got my 1 day letter from BKC(Backlog killing center) and my lawyer responded within minutes."

I can hear that voice now.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date): October 31,2002
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL on June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-15***
Recieved BEC Letter: 03/08/05
Sent Response: 03/16/05

Can someone please update my deatils.

What is the use raj_vagc_oct02?

Its them(BEC) who should make data entry. Not us.

Was the process in pace with reality?

Thanks for sharing your reflection - I too enjoyed this :)

But overall the process is taking longer than the usual (excuse the ignorance of this rookie..) I used to hear that the GC will take years – we have to deal with the fact that there is tremendous increase in amount of applications and practically will that be possible to just grant? I think the process has slowed down (if its intentional– then nobody can save us) based on the volume.

Thanks to these forums - where many wanted to ease out their tension just expecting great update at every F5 (refesh - I should have a good story/screenplay on F5) – for that matter we’re just expecting things should happen at the speed of our thoughts

Relax guys – have a good weekend and see you in the next F5!

whatheheck said:
You are true. Anything will happen with these people. I bet soon we will see people starting new tracker, new thread etc.

In 2008, someone from this group will be shouting loudly. "Hey i got my 1 day letter from BKC(Backlog killing center) and my lawyer responded within minutes."

I can hear that voice now.

thanks Icarus

Then RIR cases(Lucky one) moved to Dallas BPC has advantage over Philly because Philly BPC has to clear tons of RIR cases of 2001 cases from NY/NJ/Maryland first. Dallas has oldest cases from mid 2002. I don't see my approval in 2005. :( Anyways thanks for information. Glad to know that it's moving and someone will come out from this hell. :)

Icarus said:
RIR and TR are in separate queues at each BEC, each running its own FIFO, i.e., TR queue(Dallas) will not hold up RIR queue(Dallas) if it contains cases with an earlier LO date. Nor will the queue of either type in one BEC hold up the corresponding queue for that type of case at the other BEC. Also, despite DOL estimates that data entry will continue through 3/06, processing of cases has begun in all phases up to and including certification.

Not really

Even Dallas has some cases from CA that have PD 2001 dates. I read somewhere that said they have thousands of such cases pending considering all the non-RiR cases and the number of people who work or worked in CA since that time.

Bottom line, both BECs have enough burden and should follow almost similar timelines....

Anand_Mishra said:
Then RIR cases(Lucky one) moved to Dallas BPC has advantage over Philly because Philly BPC has to clear tons of RIR cases of 2001 cases from NY/NJ/Maryland first. Dallas has oldest cases from mid 2002. I don't see my approval in 2005. :( Anyways thanks for information. Glad to know that it's moving and someone will come out from this hell. :)

If this is true, a disgusted thing might be that DOL will take another couple of year to set up another BPC(might called TEXAS or something else) with new FIFO to centerize the backlog processing in Phily and Dallas to balance the unfair between them. Hope this stupid idea won't or will happen. We are even not a nobody.

Anand_Mishra said:

Called hotline after such a long time

Called the hot line with one simple question, are you going to wait for all the application before you send out decisions...the answer was NO, they are in fact deciding cases as we spoke or as I am typing, they have already started the process. I do not know why anyone here has not seen the cases, but atleast that was the reply...anyone can cross check..and please dont call Barbara, I already talked with her...

Good luck guys, lets keep the perspective here, shall we!!

rgds,
a

akela said:
Called the hot line with one simple question, are you going to wait for all the application before you send out decisions...the answer was NO, they are in fact deciding cases as we spoke or as I am typing, they have already started the process. I do not know why anyone here has not seen the cases, but atleast that was the reply...anyone can cross check..and please dont call Barbara, I already talked with her...

rgds,
a

AKELA,

Thanks for Spreading the good words & recofirming the processing news.

This forum appreciates you comments, as always !

Orissa & Tomshu

Hello,
Please, can you call your hot lines to checkl the info we recieved from Akela.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
akela said:

rgds,
a

Thanks.

They are all state cases

sleepless_in_IN said:
I don't see how RIR cases in Dallas are Lucky - there are at least 8 RIR cases from Indiana all in 2001 documented in the tracker. Not a single one of us has seen the 45 day letter. Yeah right.... FIFO is gonna help us!!! We are now waiting for 4 years!!!! :(

State cases have not been entered completely and letter generation is going on. Their estimate is it will take till the end of summer to finish the state cases data entry and letter generation.

ZB

What FIFO means at BEC

The answer recieved should allivate the RIR folks but still speed is the concern

Answer recieved from Attorneys web site

Question:
We are little confused after reading about FIFO and have fallowing questions.

1.Will they Combine RIR and TR Q's to gether and process by PD?
2. Or still the Separate Q's exists and process by PD ?

Answer:

Thank you for your eMail. What we have been advised is that separate cues
will exist for non RIR and RIR cases. However, what we have been told is
that they will try to keep the processing dates in both of these cues even.
Accordingly, if they start to get ahead with one type of case they will
shift the resources to the other.

Unquote

This leads to another Question
Does this mean untill All 2001 is cleared resource will not assigned to 2002 RIR cases ?
Any thoughts, inputs, form ZB,GPP,Orissa,and other BEC insiders ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about DOL cases?

Any idea on cases that moved from SFO DOL and not received 45 day letter yet? My colleague who has the same PD as mine got it Feb 25! Boy, I am really worried! Any other CA DOL guys with PD in Aug 2002 still waiting for 45 day letter??
--Manny
PD Aug 2002
RD Aug 2003 SFO
Waiting for 45-day letter...... :(

Zany_Brainy said:
State cases have not been entered completely and letter generation is going on. Their estimate is it will take till the end of summer to finish the state cases data entry and letter generation.

ZB

finally got love letter

lawyer just emailed stating he received the 45-day letter for my case on 3/17/05. he responded today by fax and dhl.
could the keepers of the tracker please update my info?