Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Phily DOL NOF

I am wondering what happens to an open case in Phily DOL? Is that moved to BEC as well?

SWA receipt date : 10/1/2002 ( Delaware)
DOL receipt date : 8/1/2003 (Phily)

NOF issued : 1/27/2004
Response Received : 2/10/2004

and after that there is no activity on the case.

Now I am wondering where is my case going? Am I in the BEC or who will process such cases? I think there are many in this boat. From my company itself over 20 are in this category where as it has more than 50 approvals prior to this.

Any help anyone?

Quick Question gp111...

gp111,

Approximately, when do you think my case will be handled?

State Filling Date: 09/10/2002
State : WV
Philly DOL Receipt Date: 04/24/2003
Category: EB3 NON-RIR

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

AwardMyGC said:
gp111,

Approximately, when do you think my case will be handled?

State Filling Date: 09/10/2002
State : WV
Philly DOL Receipt Date: 04/24/2003
Category: EB3 NON-RIR

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Your's is Non RIR right ?

If the FIFO is based on RD..
In Non RIR Queue you will be ahead of SF cases as SF DOL has transferred cases of RD Oct 03 & beyond.

If the FIFO is based on PD..
All the Cases of RD Oct 03 & beyond are with PD of April 25, 26 & 27 2001.. so in this case you have to wait till SF cases are over.

I wish I could give you one complete answer..
hope this helps

gp111 said:
Your's is Non RIR right ?

YES

If the FIFO is based on RD..
In Non RIR Queue you will be ahead of SF cases as SF DOL has transferred cases of RD Oct 03 & beyond.

If the FIFO is based on PD..
All the Cases of RD Oct 03 & beyond are with PD of April 25, 26 & 27 2001.. so in this case you have to wait till SF cases are over.

I wish I could give you one complete answer..

Since, you broke it down to two scenarios it helped me really understand the realism. In your earlier posting you mentioned that FIFO will be based on the state filling date, if that is the norm your testimonial of ‘If the FIFO is based on PD.’ is true.

How long it will take BEC to clear SF Cases?

hope this helps

labor_BEC said:
Thanks for the clarification. But, if all the cases from May'03 are forwarded to the BEC and assuming 10K are RIR.

It should be 10k/1200, which is 8.3 months, which will be till mid-January. Am I missing something?

My RD at SF DOL is January'04, which shows this curiosity.
Gp111,

Can you please clarify my previous comment. My RD at SF DOL is Jan'04. Would my application be part of the 10k RIR cases forwarded to BEC's.

Please advice,

thanks in advance

labor_BEC said:
Gp111,

Can you please clarify my previous comment. My RD at SF DOL is Jan'04. Would my application be part of the 10k RIR cases forwarded to BEC's.

Please advice,

thanks in advance

Your Guess & calculations seems correct.. it likely to be from May-03 to Jan-04 RIR in first batch... second batch will be transferred soon ( by Dec-04)..
Lets wait till someone receives the first letter

gp111 said:
Your Guess & calculations seems correct.. it likely to be from May-03 to Jan-04 RIR in first batch... second batch will be transferred soon ( by Dec-04)..
Lets wait till someone receives the first letter
Thanks gp111.

cala said:
Then which one will be processed first, RIR or Non-RIR? Or just simply by RD regardless type?
Both will be processed by RD. They will just by worked by different personnel depending on the recruitment type.

Worrysome Vacuum in Labor Certification Processing During Reorganization and Transition

There are already a huge backlog in the permanent labor certification applications. However, information suggests that the labor certification applications at both state level and regional level are caught up in the reorganization process and not moving ahead. This has lasted for a while. One wonders how this has affected the total number of the backlogs which had already exceeded 300,000. People should remember that a large number of the backlog cases involve regular applications that need a "supervised" recruitment process which is a very time-consuming process demanding involvement of huge resources in the newly created backlog reduction centers. Besides, when reorganization brings in new resources with the limited experience and training, the process and adjudication often experience black and white approach and create so-called "training issues." We have yet to see the quality of the performance of the new backlog reduction centers. Depending on the performance of these backlog reduction centers, the goal of backlog reduction may face a serious challenge. We hope to see these backlog centers move ahead very quickly and flexibly so that they are not caught up in another bureaucratic red tapes and floods of NOFs or unreasonable assessment letters or RFEs.

(thanks to www.immigration-law.com)

Any specific timeframe for case to BEC?

hi, I am new here. I have been reading the thread today. I am wondering is there a timeframe for cases which would be transferred to BEC? My case was received in phill DOL on 19 Nov, 2003. should I ask my lawyer if he received a letter from BEC? one of my friends suggested me to write a letter to complain and trigger the speedy-up of my case? he said he read some letter from this site? I cannot find these letters? can anyone help to find a sample for me? who should I address if I write a letter?
Thanks,

hi, I am new here. I have been reading the thread today. I am wondering is there a timeframe for cases which would be transferred to BEC? My case was received in phill DOL on 19 Nov, 2003. should I ask my lawyer if he received a letter from BEC? one of my friends suggested me to write a letter to complain and trigger the speedy-up of my case? he said he read some letter from this site? I cannot find these letters? can anyone help to find a sample for me? who should I address if I write a letter?
Thanks,

Looks like we both are in the same boat. No news from attorney yet.

Phiy DOL receipt date: 8/15/2003 (Delaware SWA)

NOF issued: 2/10/2004
Response sent: 3/5/2004

So my employer ended up filing RIR in florida.

stuck2002 said:
I am wondering what happens to an open case in Phily DOL? Is that moved to BEC as well?

SWA receipt date : 10/1/2002 ( Delaware)
DOL receipt date : 8/1/2003 (Phily)

NOF issued : 1/27/2004
Response Received : 2/10/2004

and after that there is no activity on the case.

Now I am wondering where is my case going? Am I in the BEC or who will process such cases? I think there are many in this boat. From my company itself over 20 are in this category where as it has more than 50 approvals prior to this.

Any help anyone?

News from Backlog Elimination Center

(News from Tomshu)

Some points from BEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/. All the about 30,000 letters will be sent out starting from Nov. 22 2004, which include Phil & SF Regional Cases. The whole process could take about 2-3 weeks however.

2/. Phil Regional cases will be processed first

3/. No SWA cases have been even considered at the time being.

4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

Finally I hope most guys from this thread can be relaxed a little bit after all.

Will DOT code play any role in processing..

Guys,

Next time when one of you talk to your good contacts, can you find out what is the role of DOT code in this whole process.

We all know that some DOT codes are getting processed faster, and some codes like 999.151-031 are going slow.

Now with the new system will there be any change.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I called the lady (the same obe whom I guess Tomshu calls).
She is not at all happy with anyone calling her. We are asking the same questions and she is tired of giving the same answer (that become wrong over time).
Bottomline--
She might have been angry so she gave the answers she gave or it might reflect reality better...anyway here they are --
1. It will take another two weeks before the letters go out. It seams a new computer system has been installed (what new, newer than the last new or the same one...I don't know).
2.No process has been defined yet, who goes first, they will cross the bridhe once they come upon it.
3.Hopefully letters go out before Dec Christmas.

rgds,
akela

Ps- Please stop calling them, I will too, let Tomshu ask.

akela said:
Ok I called the lady (the same obe whom I guess Tomshu calls).
She is not at all happy with anyone calling her. We are asking the same questions and she is tired of giving the same answer (that become wrong over time).
Bottomline--
She might have been angry so she gave the answers she gave or it might reflect reality better...anyway here they are --
1. It will take another two weeks before the letters go out. It seams a new computer system has been installed (what new, newer than the last new or the same one...I don't know).
2.No process has been defined yet, who goes first, they will cross the bridhe once they come upon it.
3.Hopefully letters go out before Dec Christmas.

rgds,
akela

Ps- Please stop calling them, I will too, let Tomshu ask.
This is really bad news. Looks like there is no bridge. They seem to be waiting for sombady to build one. I hope they r not re-entering all data manually again (one never knows).
--murali

every week they say letters will go out in 2 weeks, it has been like that for last 3 months or so for so many reasons ( once a new computer program, once printer problems, once i don't know what). later when they send the letters, if they will ever do , they will say we need a new program to process the cases which will take another 3 months. i think DOL said that the backlog will be eleminated in 2 years from july.we r now in november close to dec so we r left with 1.5 yrs to clear the backlog, it is a joke. it is all bureaucracy and it is going nowhere

antonioa77,

I couldn't agree with you more. That is purely a joke. Basically they are saying: we are not going to do it in the way which make yo happy, and you just can not do anything about me.

We do not even dare to write a complain letter with the worry of being revenged. They have us in the throat.

"Hopefully letters go out before Dec Christmas" ???????????????????????

What a disappointment, frustration, and anger!!!!!