Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Zany_Brainy said:
H :confused: ow many Labor Applications processed per day does all this information come to ?

Thx
ZB

2.8 hours per permanent application... 50 certifying officers in one BEC.. 7 real work hours a day

= (7/2.8) * 50

..125 a day per BEC = 250 a day total or more ...

Lets see!! So its still slow!

So Around 250 * 22 = 5500 per month ~ 2 months of Backlog per month.
I would assume the combined backlog of CA-PA or CA-DL is around 2000 a month.

Thats still damn slow.. :(

ZB

gp111 said:
2.8 hours per permanent application... 50 certifying officers in one BEC.. 7 real work hours a day

= (7/2.8) * 50

GP111
I changed the lawyer recently. My RD in SF DOL is in Aug, 03. It should have already been transferred to one of the BECs. I want to make sure I will receive the receipt from BEC. I asked my current lawyer to write letter and they sent the letter to SF DOL. I don't know if this is ok. Do I need to ask the lawyer also write letter for the change to BEC? I don't know which BEC will process my case though. Thanks for your advice.

new president and immigration policy

I think we are going to be screwed when the guest worker program comes up :( :(

So how long indeed it will take to clear the backlog?

Hi gp111,
thanks for the information. I was just wondering how long it would take to clear the backlog in both BEC? I checked the database and read some of the posts here. Based on the national database of permanent LC posted in January 2004, here is the result of the query grouped by event.

CASE_COUNT EVENT
411880 Certified
48965 Received Regional Office
9020 Remand Issued to State
7587 NOF Issued
5238 Reduction in Recruitment Denied
4467 Denied, Permanent
4324 Withdrawn
2422 Remand Issued to Employer
2048 Denial Affirmed by ALJ
1294 NOF Time Extension Granted
1256 NOF Rebuttal Received
719 Returned By Emp after Remand
583 Appeal Sent to ALJ
409 Returned By State after Remand
228 Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ
198 Reconsideration Denied
75 Returned after Red. Rec. Denied
61 Appeal Request Received
29 Analyst Changed
28 Reopened by Region (Reconsideration)
24 Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ
23 Forwarded to N/O
12 Returned from Archive
4 Certified, Temporary
2 Other Case Correspondence
1 NOF Rebuttal Due
1 Received Local Office

According to the memo, open cases won't be sent to BEC. So under the assumption that part of the this year's new applications can be set off by the cases completed this year and not all the cases are actually sent to BEC(i.e. CA only sends cases later than May 2003 to BEC), I think 45,000 ~ 50,000 could be a good guess for the total number of LC applications sent to BEC.

Based on your evaluation for the number of cases processed per day, it seems like it would take 180~200 work days for them to clear the backlog. Well, I'm highly suspicious of these number, b/c it looks too good to be true. Of course, we need to take huge overhead, such as training and reorganization into account and always remember how bureaucracy works in the real world. Nevertheless, I just can't help crossing my fingers for the tiniest hope that this could be true.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

gp111 said:

= (7/2.8) * 50

question to GP111 - the only guru

gp111,

Did you have a chance to look at the question i posted in this forum a couple of days back ?

Would appreciate if you can post your thoughts/answers on that.

Thanks

And sorry if I am repeating a topic that has been taught in a previous session ;-)

PS: My message posted on this forum on Nov 2

buckleup1

lavendersummer said:
Hi gp111,
thanks for the information. I was just wondering how long it would take to clear the backlog in both BEC? I checked the database and read some of the posts here. Based on the national database of permanent LC posted in January 2004, here is the result of the query grouped by event.

CASE_COUNT EVENT
411880 Certified
48965 Received Regional Office
9020 Remand Issued to State
7587 NOF Issued
5238 Reduction in Recruitment Denied
4467 Denied, Permanent
4324 Withdrawn
2422 Remand Issued to Employer
2048 Denial Affirmed by ALJ
1294 NOF Time Extension Granted
1256 NOF Rebuttal Received
719 Returned By Emp after Remand
583 Appeal Sent to ALJ
409 Returned By State after Remand
228 Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ
198 Reconsideration Denied
75 Returned after Red. Rec. Denied
61 Appeal Request Received
29 Analyst Changed
28 Reopened by Region (Reconsideration)
24 Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ
23 Forwarded to N/O
12 Returned from Archive
4 Certified, Temporary
2 Other Case Correspondence
1 NOF Rebuttal Due
1 Received Local Office

According to the memo, open cases won't be sent to BEC. So under the assumption that part of the this year's new applications can be set off by the cases completed this year and not all the cases are actually sent to BEC(i.e. CA only sends cases later than May 2003 to BEC), I think 45,000 ~ 50,000 could be a good guess for the total number of LC applications sent to BEC.

Based on your evaluation for the number of cases processed per day, it seems like it would take 180~200 work days for them to clear the backlog. Well, I'm highly suspicious of these number, b/c it looks too good to be true. Of course, we need to take huge overhead, such as training and reorganization into account and always remember how bureaucracy works in the real world. Nevertheless, I just can't help crossing my fingers for the tiniest hope that this could be true.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Good Info...
The missing part is

- FLC data center is not 100% updated.. It says it has data up to Jan 2004 but lots of cases received Regional after August 2004 are missing.

- Also There is no info available anywhere for Jan-2004 to Nov 2004..

- BEC is not only going to work on REGIONAL CASES but also the STATE Cases which is much higher number then Regional Cases... For example CA SWA received about 40 K non RIR cases in last few days of April 2001..

- At an estimate the total number of backlogged cases are 350000 (350K) & it should take about 2 years to clear this mountain.

thanks for the information.

-

buckleup1 said:
Are they going to simply look at the DOL recd date in the FIFO system or will the PD of the SWA (of that particular state) play a role ?

Let me give an example-
Say SFO DOL RD is July 2003 with SWA PD of August 2002.
versus
Dallas/Philly guy with DOL RD May 2003 but with the SWA PD of November 2002 ?
Whose application will be taken first ? because if its the latter that's not fair.
Please help me out ! Thanks
buckleup1

Hey atleast they are trying to make the system as fair as possible... Till now it was most unfair system ( few of my friends already got their GC who applied in other states at the same time I applied in CA)...

& also if they process all the cases as fast as they can we don't mind waiting for couple of more months as we have waited for last couple of years !

Just for the info... if we strictly consider your example (FIFO by RD), many of DALLAS cases are waiting from 2000, 2001 compare to 2002 of CA...

Lets hope BEC comes with the best possible, fastest & most fair system (couple of months here & there to start with )..

gp111 said:
Good Info...
The missing part is

- FLC data center is not 100% updated.. It says it has data up to Jan 2004 but lots of cases received Regional after August 2004 are missing.

- Also There is no info available anywhere for Jan-2004 to Nov 2004..

Yes, I'm aware of these two points. And that's why I included this assumption in my previous post.

"So under the assumption that part of the this year's new applications(Cases from Jan 2004 missing from the database) can be set off by the cases completed this year and not all the cases are actually sent to BEC(i.e. CA only sends cases later than May 2003 to BEC), "

- BEC is not only going to work on REGIONAL CASES but also the STATE Cases which is much higher number then Regional Cases... For example CA SWA received about 40 K non RIR cases in last few days of April 2001..

Well, I didn't consider about the cases in the STATE yet, since it says in the Demo that Regional cases will moved first and also for a selfish reason that my case is in Regional office. But you are right, that could be a factor.

- At an estimate the total number of backlogged cases are 350000 (350K) & it should take about 2 years to clear this mountain.
How did you figure out this number? This is 10 times of the number I can imagine. Even having the state cases considered, I'm surprised.
thanks for the information.

-

"So under the assumption that part of the this year's new applications(Cases from Jan 2004 missing from the database) can be set off by the cases completed this year and not all the cases are actually sent to BEC(i.e. CA only sends cases later than May 2003 to BEC),

-- How can be offset 1o month worth of cases in for 1 month (April 2003) case ? SF DOL is processing March 13th 2003 as of today (RIR) & they will be sending out all the cases -May 2003 onwards.. It means they will work on remaining march-april (that is exactly 1839 RIR cases)... similar they will work on non RIR between Jan to Oct (9200 cases) & ship remaining cases to BEC..

Can we assume 1839 RIR cases will offset cases received from Aug 07, 2003 (that is the last correct date in flcdata center) to Nov 01, 2004 (16 months )

How did you figure out this number? This is 10 times of the number I can imagine. Even having the state cases considered, I'm surprised.

I did not, DOL did.. that is what DOL says when they talk about number of backlogged cases. Just in April 2001, there ware more then 100000 (100K) application filed to various SWAs nation wide.

gp111 said:

"So under the assumption that part of the this year's new applications(Cases from Jan 2004 missing from the database) can be set off by the cases completed this year and not all the cases are actually sent to BEC(i.e. CA only sends cases later than May 2003 to BEC),

-- How can be offset 1o month worth of cases in for 1 month (April 2003) case ? SF DOL is processing March 13th 2003 as of today (RIR) & they will be sending out all the cases -May 2003 onwards.. It means they will work on remaining march-april (that is exactly 1839 RIR cases)... similar they will work on non RIR between Jan to Oct (9200 cases) & ship remaining cases to BEC..

Can we assume 1839 RIR cases will offset cases received from Aug 07, 2003 (that is the last correct date in flcdata center) to Nov 01, 2004 (16 months )

I think I'm going nuts to continue making assumptions here. :D. But hey, what else is fun in this business.

1. I didn't know Aug 07, 2003 is the last correct date. Maybe I'm just focusing on ATL data. It certainly didn't show any sign of that.

2. I didn't use the current processing date as the date to figure out how many cases they have opened. The main reason is, we noticed that, at least in ATL region, some cases in 2004 and a lot of cases in 2003 after the current processing date are already opened or certified. So I queried on the database for all the cases that have been opened in 2003.

Certified 54841
Received Regional Office 35823
Remand Issued to State 4461
NOF Issued 2519
Reduction in Recruitment Denied 2054
Remand Issued to Employer 1321
Denied, Permanent 1225
NOF Rebuttal Received 916
Withdrawn 906
NOF Time Extension Granted 288
Returned By State after Remand 280
Appeal Sent to ALJ 217
Denial Affirmed by ALJ 194
Returned By Emp after Remand 120
Returned after Red. Rec. Denied 61
Reconsideration Denied 34
Appeal Request Received 18
Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ 7
Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ 4
Reopened by Region (Reconsideration) 2
Forwarded to N/O 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I see here is that the cases coming in the regional offices (35823 ) are much less than the cases opened(54841 plus other NOF, Remanded cases). Why can't we assume that it's the same case with this year? I understand that tons of cases came in during the last 10 months, but with what we see in 2003's data, is it reasonable to assume that at least with their 'hard' work, the number of unopened cases stays at the same level with where it was at the end of last year? :D

You are right about SWA cases. I have no clue about that. 100k backlogged files in SWA sounds reasonable, but 300k? I also hope that number has been reduced in the past 3 years. Also, do you know anything about whether they are going to put SWA cases in a different que from regional cases?

I think i'm gonna stop now. And thanks again for the information you provided here. It's been very helpful.

I did not, DOL did.. that is what DOL says when they talk about number of backlogged cases. Just in April 2001, there ware more then 100000 (100K) application filed to various SWAs nation wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on FIFO..

How can there be a FIFO process, if they are sending out letters to lawyers and employers to see the validity of the case. Because, some employers or lawyers may take their own time to reply. So, is it that its a FIFO for only sending out the letters.

waitingforlca said:
How can there be a FIFO process, if they are sending out letters to lawyers and employers to see the validity of the case. Because, some employers or lawyers may take their own time to reply. So, is it that its a FIFO for only sending out the letters.

Employers have to send the reply in WITHIN 45 days. If not the case will be rejected.

FIFO is first considered at BEC only after response to 45-day letter (or lack of). That is the point at which actual case processing begins.

Letter from BEC

So, do it mean that the letters will be sent to lawyer/employer of all the 10K transfered applications at the same time?

labor_BEC said:
So, do it mean that the letters will be sent to lawyer/employer of all the 10K transfered applications at the same time?
Letters will be generated when data entry of the 750/G-28 forms is completed. They will be queued, printed and mailed within 24 hours of data entry completion. Probably about 600-1000 letters per day once data entry system changeover has been completed, probably looking at mid-Nov. before first ones go out. As responses are received, cases will be processed (RIR/Traditional) by received date priority irregardless of origin of case (presently, majority of cases in system are Regional office backlog, with beginnings of some state cases from S.F. office-these primarily worked in Dallas office)

As well, How would you know, if the application has been sent to Dallas BEC or Philly BEC. Will have to just wait and see, till we get these letters?

Priority date

Icarus,
Thanks for all your information inputs. I know this question is kind of redundant but when you talk about applications being processed according to PD, what are you referrign to ? the date the application was recieved in the SWA or at the DOL regional office.
Thanks,
RN

what would happen to LC filed in May,04 from Philly. Can anybody suggest how much it may take to see any progress. Its RIR.
From Jan 1st 05 when National Processing Centers take care of LC's will my application will still be handled by BEC or SESA at Philly. When NPC handles LC's what would be the processing time..any guesses!! When can we expect to see any progress from Philly DOL....!!!
ThankYou very much for ur replies.

PD referred to is the L.O. or local office date given the application at the time of submission to the SWA