Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

With the efficiency that DOL has been consistently demonstrated, it is just "normal" for them to spend a month to find someone to evaluate the contractor, who will then be hired to process the letter, then mail to the employer, wait for another 45 days, then start to work on the case. How long will it take for the first case to be processed by the so called Backlog elimination(?) Center?

Efficiency!!! DOL really needs someone who understands the word to lead.

New York folks have been waiting for longer than 3 years, still no light in the tunnle. Can someone help?

Track oldest 'State Filling Date' for both regions.

LC Applicants,

Here with I have enclosed a list of all the states that falls under Philadelphia Region and San Francisco Region. Please feel free to add the earliest state filing date corresponding to their state. If anyone’s state-filling date supersede the date, which is already in list? Please feel to update the state-filling date.

PHILADELPHIA
Region

Delaware

District of Columbia
(Washington D.C.)

Maryland

Philadelphia (PA)

Harrisburg (PA)

Pittsburgh (PA)

Commonwealth of Virginia

West Virginia – 09/10/2002 (NON-RIR) - ??/??/???? (RIR)

SAN FRANCISCO
Region

Arizona

California

Hawaii

Nevada

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
AwardMyGC said:
LC Applicants,

Here with I have enclosed a list of all the states that falls under Philadelphia Region and San Francisco Region. Please feel free to add the earliest state filing date corresponding to their state. If anyone’s state-filling date supersede the date, which is already in list? Please feel to update the state-filling date.
AwardMyGC

RIR or NON RIR ?

AwardMyGC said:
Pardon me, I completed forgot that.

Mine it's NON-RIR.

Also only cases originally filed in California have been transferred from the DOL Regional Office in San Francisco. Cases initially filed with other states which are also covered by the DOL Regional Office in San Francisco (Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, Guam, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho) have not been transferred to the BRCs at this time, and are still being processed by the DOL Regional Office staff in San Francisco.

Okay, if that is the case let me go ahead and redo the state filling date tracker sheet.

gp111 said:
Also only cases originally filed in California have been transferred from the DOL Regional Office in San Francisco. Cases initially filed with other states which are also covered by the DOL Regional Office in San Francisco (Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, Guam, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho) have not been transferred to the BRCs at this time, and are still being processed by the DOL Regional Office staff in San Francisco.

Track oldest 'State Filling Date' for both regions.

LC Applicants,

Here with I have enclosed a list of states that falls under Philadelphia Region and San Francisco region. Please feel free to add the earliest state filing date corresponding to their state. If anyone’s state-filling date supersede the date, which is already in list? Please feel to update the state-filling date.

Note: As gp111 mentioned, only cases originally filed in California have been transferred to BEC from the DOL Regional Office in San Francisco

PHILADELPHIA
Region

Delaware

District of Columbia
(Washington D.C.)

Maryland

Philadelphia (PA)

Harrisburg (PA)

Pittsburgh (PA)

Commonwealth of Virginia

West Virginia – 09/10/2002 (NON-RIR) - ??/??/???? (RIR)

SAN FRANCISCO
Region

California

Thanks

AwardMyGC

processing, once response to 45-day letters has been received with affirmation that application is good and any requested corrections have been provided, will be based on Local Office (SWA) received date.

Very simple question(s)

Lets Take CA State example

Let us also consider NON-RIR Cases, since this category has the most backlogged cases.

Your case goes to SWA first Then to SF DOL.

If both SWA and SF DOL are sending backlogged cases to BEC in Philly or Dalas, how are the case put in queue.

1. Are they based on your priority date?

2. Do they have seperate queues for SF DOL and SWA applications.

Your responses is greatly appreciated.

Mine is the worst case. It went back from SF DOL (RIR) to SWA NON-RIR case. Hope they consider the priority dates to be fair.

Thanks,
Mahe04

Icarus said:
processing, once response to 45-day letters has been received with affirmation that application is good and any requested corrections have been provided, will be based on Local Office (SWA) received date.

Any idea on what SF DOL case were forwarded to Dallas and what were forwarded to Phil BEC?

mahe04

If both SWA and SF DOL are sending backlogged cases to BEC in Philly or Dalas, how are the case put in queue.

1. Are they based on your priority date?

YES

2. Do they have seperate queues for SF DOL and SWA applications.

YES, Initially they are transferring only SF DOL cases. Once Those cases will be worked out they will work on SWA cases

gp111 or anyone,
My SF DOL RD is Feb 10 '04 (RIR). Any idea if this would fall under the 20 000 cases tranfered out of the SF DOL to a BEC?
Thanks in advance.

NIW applicant said:
gp111 or anyone,
My SF DOL RD is Feb 10 '04 (RIR). Any idea if this would fall under the 20 000 cases tranfered out of the SF DOL to a BEC?
Thanks in advance.

Yes it should be ... SF DOL has received on average 1200 ~1400 RIR cases per month during last two years .. Assuming the 20K has 10K RIR & 10 K Non RIR you case should be part of these transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:
Yes it should be ... SF DOL has received on average 1200 ~1400 cases per month during last two years .. Assuming the 20K has 10K RIR & 10 K Non RIR you case should be part of these transfer.

Then which one will be processed first, RIR or Non-RIR? Or just simply by RD regardless type?

cala said:
Then which one will be processed first, RIR or Non-RIR? Or just simply by RD regardless type?

I believe there will be two seperate Queues for RIR & Non RIR

gp111 said:
no.. Only RIR ( Sorry, I should have mentioned that)
Thanks for the clarification. But, if all the cases from May'03 are forwarded to the BEC and assuming 10K are RIR.

It should be 10k/1200, which is 8.3 months, which will be till mid-January. Am I missing something?

My RD at SF DOL is January'04, which shows this curiosity.

gp,
My PD is Dec'2002 and was transferred to chicago DOL in Jan'2004 .
Now,I understand that Chicago has not started sending cases to BEC as of yet .But from the discussion i see that it is estimated that people who have a later PD .but from SF ,their cases are likely to be sent to BEC soon.

Could you please explain how will FIFO be implemented for regions other than SF ,Dallas or Philly ?

Thanks.