Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Actually now YOU CAN!!

mnhrdc said:
You cannot change JOBS without APPROVAL of I-140 and Pending 180 days of reciept of I-485

Another thing to know
That in all cases I-140 should be approved or pending more than 180 days so that original sponserer can not withdraw.

Currenlty I-140, in most of the cases is getting approved in 4 to 5 months with current trend.

Check out the latest release from USCIS

USCIS issued a Memo dated May 12, 2005, which will be in effect until final regulations are published. The Memo addresses portability of I-140/I-485 applications, adjudication of 7th year H-1B visa petitions and adjudication of H-1B visa petitions in connection with H-1B portability.

USCIS advises that if an I-140 beneficiary (I-140 has not been approved and I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days) ports to a new sponsoring employer, the I-485 may be adjudicated, if it is approvable. Additional evidence however may be requested. If an RFE is issued, and the response to the RFE does not adequately address the issues, or the response is not received at all, or the petitioner responds saying that the beneficiary is no longer employed, the I-140 will be denied, resulting also in the I-485 denial.

When determining if the I-140 petition is portable, the focus will be made on a comparison of the position offered, whether it is the “same” or “similar” occupational classification. A different geographic location is not material. Also a different salary (unless it is significant) compared to the salary on I-140/Labor Certificate will not matter.

Multinational managers or executives are eligible to port to a new employer, provided the job is “same” or “similar”.

The Memo also allows for the I-140 beneficiary to port to self-employment provided the employment is in a “same” or “similar” occupational classification.

An I-140 will be invalid for porting purposes when:

· I-140 is withdrawn before the alien’s I-485 has been pending 180 days; or

· I-140 is denied or revoked at any time except when it is revoked based on a withdrawal that was submitted after an I-485 has been pending for 180 days.

luckylucky said:
Right. Apply for EAD and change jobs based on I485 before I140 is approved is very risky because your I140 may be denied. Literally you can but then you will lose chance on your green card and even legal status. SO, changing jobs really doesn't depend on I485, but I140. I know a guy apply for his wife EAD before they getting I140, then she got a job. LAter their I140 is denied. SOmewhat the wife keep her job, but husband(who is the guy applied I14o for their family) have to go back to their country and reenter U.S. as her dependent. So, wait till the approval of I140 even if you have a I485 pending for over 180 days.

Only at I-485 stage dependents can be added
If I-140 is denied I-1485 does not get processed
NO H4 are issued on EAD. Only H4 are issued on H1
EAD is issued for one yr period and renewal requires pending I-1485.

Zany_Brainy said:
Check out the latest release from USCIS

USCIS issued a Memo dated May 12, 2005, which will be in effect until final regulations are published. The Memo addresses portability of I-140/I-485 applications, adjudication of 7th year H-1B visa petitions and adjudication of H-1B visa petitions in connection with H-1B portability.

USCIS advises that if an I-140 beneficiary (I-140 has not been approved and I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days) ports to a new sponsoring employer, the I-485 may be adjudicated, if it is approvable. Additional evidence however may be requested. If an RFE is issued, and the response to the RFE does not adequately address the issues, or the response is not received at all, or the petitioner responds saying that the beneficiary is no longer employed, the I-140 will be denied, resulting also in the I-485 denial.

When determining if the I-140 petition is portable, the focus will be made on a comparison of the position offered, whether it is the “same” or “similar” occupational classification. A different geographic location is not material. Also a different salary (unless it is significant) compared to the salary on I-140/Labor Certificate will not matter.

Multinational managers or executives are eligible to port to a new employer, provided the job is “same” or “similar”.

The Memo also allows for the I-140 beneficiary to port to self-employment provided the employment is in a “same” or “similar” occupational classification.

An I-140 will be invalid for porting purposes when:

· I-140 is withdrawn before the alien’s I-485 has been pending 180 days; or

· I-140 is denied or revoked at any time except when it is revoked based on a withdrawal that was submitted after an I-485 has been pending for 180 days.

I have read that this is very rarely suggested practice to change jobs, and used in extreme conditios like knowing layoffs,comapny shutoffs,in advance. Also the denial of -140 makes out of status immediately if you dont have enough period of H1 visa.

mnhrdc said:
I have read that this is very rarely suggested practice to change jobs, and used in extreme conditios like knowing layoffs,comapny shutoffs,in advance. Also the denial of -140 makes out of status immediately if you dont have enough period of H1 visa.
Right! That is also my points. That is what I mean "literaturely you can change job at that stage but it is very risky". Unless they have no choice.

Encouraging news...

This is an email from a guy with messanger name GOD_BLESS_YOU, I copied it from forum BEC Process FAQ. Hope makes some of us see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi All,

If you have time read me my earlier notes about BPC processing. At BPC after you reply 45 day letter only the PD matters and nothing else. To avoid confusion about FIFO, BPC is gonna approve whole bunch of petitions Per-se 4-6 months PD range and send them to respective employers/Attorney.

This method is will be still holds good when any one question about FIFO order.

Now coming to the PD and current status Philly BPC is now processing Nov01 and soon we see whole bunch of approvals from PD 2001

PD 02 and later guys please dont pound me with questions. PD 01 guys hold on until next week you will get your approvals/Certifications in hand. PD 01 guys Currently if you send an e-mail to info@phi.dflc.us you will get the status on 01 that your case is certified.

Truly yours....

Encouraging news --- 2

This is another encouraging news from same portal "BEC Process FAQ"

Originally Posted by Choclito
I just talk to may lawyer and ask him about filling under perm. His advise was to wait because this week he had recieved 02 LC aproved from DC from April 2001 and 01 from VA all from Phili BEC.

I think that are very good news, since my PD is April 2001.

Dallas BEC queue at 08/2002. That is encouraging. Philly stills at 04/2001. its insane. I feel unlucky that mine CA case came to Philly inplace of Dallas.

mniwas said:
This is another encouraging news from same portal "BEC Process FAQ"

Originally Posted by Choclito
I just talk to may lawyer and ask him about filling under perm. His advise was to wait because this week he had recieved 02 LC aproved from DC from April 2001 and 01 from VA all from Phili BEC.

I think that are very good news, since my PD is April 2001.

Doesn't make sense....

I am in the same boat. Any idea why a CA case would be sent to Philly instead of Dallas? What would trigger this, considering all the cases would be in coming from a comman source (SFO DOL) and hopefully in boxes marked for a known destination BRC (Dallas - as per DOL website)?

This is more painfull to bear as Dallas is processing dates far beyond my PD of 05/02.
Anand_Mishra said:
Dallas BEC queue at 08/2002. That is encouraging. Philly stills at 04/2001. its insane. I feel unlucky that mine CA case came to Philly inplace of Dallas.

Why dealy in recieving 45day Letters

What happens in Dallas also may happen in Philly since both employees are paid by same contractor. except Philly thread does not have an PHILYCARUS who's insight make Dallas thread less frustated.

this may calm the nerves of people thinking why they havent yet recieved the 45 day letter.

As per Dallas "GOD" ICARUS
Data entry is working in cycles--they put in cases in abbreviated form to establish the case number and to give people a reference when inquiring/looking for a case...then they go back later (days, weeks) and finish data entry which generates a 45-day letter.

butthead said:
I am in the same boat. Any idea why a CA case would be sent to Philly instead of Dallas? What would trigger this, considering all the cases would be in coming from a comman source (SFO DOL) and hopefully in boxes marked for a known destination BRC (Dallas - as per DOL website)?

This is more painfull to bear as Dallas is processing dates far beyond my PD of 05/02.

Initially SF Regional Office sent 10,000 cases to Dallas, another 10,000 to Philadelphia.
If you refer to http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
The information there simply does not look correct.

My Birth certificate is in Hindi !!

All,
I know its not related to this thread, but I am hoping that someone here can help me.

I have my birth certificate made in Hindi language. Do you guys know if it would be accepted here ? If not then is there a way to translate it to English. I would appreciate if someone can help me with some information on this.

Thank you !!

shipping time in that link is for SWA cases

CA folks,

SF DOL shipped 10k CA cases each to Dallas and Philly. And please note that is for CA cases reached for regional center (SF DOL) only.

And the the link http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp is for SWA cases.

So only if your CA cases already made to SF DOL, like mine, there would be half chance for your case to stuck in Philly and it's really awful.

sbdol said:
Initially SF Regional Office sent 10,000 cases to Dallas, another 10,000 to Philadelphia.
If you refer to http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
The information there simply does not look correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: HINDI TRANSLATION

atyagi 73, this is not a big issue. you can find some language translaters in each and every USCIS state office.likewise, they will have the same kind translaters in every labor processing centers also. so dont worry.
JC_GC

has anyone from ny received 45 days letter, if have applied in april 2000 under non rir . i have not received any thing so far.
n

fogman1 said:
CA folks,

SF DOL shipped 10k CA cases each to Dallas and Philly. And please note that is for CA cases reached for regional center (SF DOL) only.

And the the link http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp is for SWA cases.

Just at the top of the page there is a text:
As part of our effort to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, Permanent cases from the Regional Offices and the State Workforce Agencies are being transferred to the ETA Backlog Processing Centers. .
So it is for both regional and state cases. And if fact the information contradicts the earlir DOL statements that part of CA cases are in Philadelphia

Thanks jc-gc

jc-gc said:
atyagi 73, this is not a big issue. you can find some language translaters in each and every USCIS state office.likewise, they will have the same kind translaters in every labor processing centers also. so dont worry.
JC_GC

Thanks jc-gc. May be you can help me with one more thing. Do I need to get transation done or USCIS will take care of it ?

You have some point. Apparently DOL made some confusion and inconsistency, like it always did before.

Actually this page was updated after 20k CA backlog shipped from SF DOL to either Philly or Dallas, which started Oct 2004.

Anyway, the truth is some 10k CA regional cases are stuck in Philly. I have received the 45day letter from Philly and the new NO is P-xxxxx. Of course I wish it was from Dallas since my PD is Jun 2002.

However for SWA cases, as far as I know, all CA cases are shipped to Dallas.

Also considering that some regional cases are not and will not shipped to either BPC, like SF DOL is continuing processing Washinton State cases which made to regional already, You may just regard the page provides reliable information only for SWA cases.

sbdol said:
Just at the top of the page there is a text:
As part of our effort to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, Permanent cases from the Regional Offices and the State Workforce Agencies are being transferred to the ETA Backlog Processing Centers. .
So it is for both regional and state cases. And if fact the information contradicts the earlir DOL statements that part of CA cases are in Philadelphia

dallas processing dates

Anand_Mishra said:
how do you know that Dallas is processing at )08/2002.Is there a site?

Any Idea, company address change RFE from Philly?

we filed Labor in Jan, 2003. 3months back we received a letter from Labor Department(Philly backlog reduction center) regarding company address change. We replied same week.

Any one know, how long they will take to approve my Labor?

Labor Cert in reltaion to visa number retrogression

I guess what I was trying out was whether one can go ahead and file I-485 even if the visa number is not available and USCIS will process it upon the availablity of visa numbers.
So the two part question would be:
1- Can one file I-485 even if visa number is unavailable?
2- If yes, does the time starts counting from when the petition is filed, and can one take advantage of EADs and portabilty.
Just looking ahead to form some sorta strategy and be prepared. Knowledge is power ............

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

frog