Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

SESA or DOL?

First off, thank you to all who are replying to ppl like us who have no clue what to expect and what to plan.

My RIR (EB2) application was actually filed sometime in first week of July 2004 timeframe to the Chicago SESA.

Later in August 2004 I got an email from my lawyer saying that a "receipt notice" had been received which said that my priority date was established as August 16th 2004!

Does this mean that my application made it to the Chicago/Illinois DOL? OR did it never cross the SESA level?

No 45 day letter yet... the last I spoke to my lawyer, she said my app has gone to the Dallas BRC and based on other letters she is receiving, Dallas BRC is currently processing end of 2002 cases! This was as of 2 weeks back.

Can someone please tell me what can I expect based on the dates above. I will really appreciate any response as I am totally confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
For technoboy

EB2 means that you have MS or BS+5-year experience. EB3 only needs BS.

Is it RIR or Non-RIR case, looks filed from GA SWA, have you reached regional DOL yet. Most important, what's your PD -- the date your case send into GA SWA?

thanks... austin

I understand that EB CAt. but how i can find that my LC is applied in which cat.? I mean EB2 or EB3, As I have MS from Australia, and Working here for 3 yrs.Our Company Lawyer has filled all papers and nothing mention to me about that..

Any Help from you guys...?

Here some Info may that help you guys...

PD :- OCT 2003
RD :- DEC 2003 (ATLANTA)
State :- GA
45 Day Letter received :- APR 2005
45 Day Letter Returned :- APR 2005

mylabor said:
zlegion

I think spreadsheet shows only the cases transfered from SWA to BEC. Your might have made it regional before it get transfered to BEC. I am not sure if that is true, that's just my guess. This spreadsheet is posted by DOL on DOL website.

Thanks mylabor for ur thoughts. Ur right, my application did make it to regional in oct 2003. Still no 45 day letter though. So thought maybe i could get some answers in the spreadsheet...

It all depends on how your attorney filed your case. If he/she included your Masters then you re EB2. otherwise you are EB3 Cat (BS with less than 5 yrs experience). EB3 Cat affects only filers who are citizen of India, China, or Philippines. If you applied as an Australian then I don't think you need to worry.

Your lawyer should be able to tell you...

It depends on the job description in the application.
Your lawyer should be able to tell you whether you're EB2 or EB3.
Ask for a copy of your application.

H1 ext Question, pl help

I am currently on H1 and my labor is in process. My company is extending my H1 as my labor was more than 365 days old. My wife who came on H4 was converted to H1 but her company is not willing to sponsor GC and her H1 is getting close as all H's will be considered as one category. Since my H1 is getting extended, is there a chance wife's H1 can be extended depending on my labor?

Please answer if anyone has any idea..

Thx.

h1h4 said:
I am currently on H1 and my labor is in process. My company is extending my H1 as my labor was more than 365 days old. My wife who came on H4 was converted to H1 but her company is not willing to sponsor GC and her H1 is getting close as all H's will be considered as one category. Since my H1 is getting extended, is there a chance wife's H1 can be extended depending on my labor?

Please answer if anyone has any idea..

Thx.

No ,Her H1 can not be extended based on your H1 extension.,
She should have her own labor pending for 365 days for her H1 extension.,
she can change back to H4 based on your H1 extension

Guys., Please... use other trackers for these type of questions and ask relevant to Backlog reduction here

Last edited by a moderator:
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
No ,Her H1 can not be extended based on your H1 extension.,
She should have her own labor pending for 365 days for her H1 extension.,
she can change back to H4 based on your H1 extension

OR

Just maybe a good lawyer can argue that by not filing another labor petition on her behalf she has helped the DOL, this immigration community, her employers HR dept by virtue of not creating unnecessary paperwork. She and by extension her family should not be penalized for this good gesture.

If a good lawyer makes this argument, chances are her H1 can be extended.. ok before you sue my pants (and entire wardrobe off, know this... I am but a meager non lawyer type... this is just an opinion.. nothing more and nothing less... ) -- good luck and I hope things work out. :)

-spidey

I believe not "citizenship" but the birth place decides visa number. even though you were Australian citizen you should still worry about EB2 or EB3 for now.

GCSyndrome said:
It all depends on how your attorney filed your case. If he/she included your Masters then you re EB2. otherwise you are EB3 Cat (BS with less than 5 yrs experience). EB3 Cat affects only filers who are citizen of India, China, or Philippines. If you applied as an Australian then I don't think you need to worry.

EB3 retrogation move even back date??

Hello,

Any one confirm this EB3 retrogation is going to effect world wide (all countries). This is going to effect in coming summer.. Due to this may be it will be move back to date.. please some one confirm this..

jdk98 :mad:

help understanding retrogation

my PD is
may 2002 - VA
feb 2004 - PD
mar 2005 - LL (45 Love Leter)
RIR-EB2

can some one help how it effect me

manju1968 said:
my PD is
may 2002 - VA
feb 2004 - PD
mar 2005 - LL (45 Love Leter)
RIR-EB2

can some one help how it effect me

Retrogation will not effect your case since you are EB2 category.

Regards,
LB.

librau said:
Hi Gurus,

My LC filed in MAY 2002 under NON RIR in NJ and never been cleared from State. I guess my case must have been transfered to BRC Philly.

My company has gotits address changed ( Though same city ) and my attorney had also been shifted to another state.

I have strong feeling that my attorney may not have filed change of my company's address.

In orderto double sure that my company receives the 45 day letter without fail, can my company send G-28 letter to BRC philly? Incase G-28 to be used, should we use option 4 ( others ) and explain it as 'Employer's change odf address'?

Can some one share similar experience and advise me?

Thanks in advance

I have similar problem. Both my lawyer and company changed thier address. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that we are fine. What does she mean??? Will I get my 45-days letter properly. I am still not sure she changed my employer address. What are my options.
Thanx.