Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ciril99 said:
SN4GC,

When you say, "but they are processing the cases which are replied the 45 days letter", Are they working on the cases to approve/deny? Because you sounded like they are doing data entry for the 45 day letter replied cases which is wierd that why they are doing data entry again?

Because they now want to generate 25 day letter and they have to do data entry for that, once that is done and we have replied to 25 day letter, 15 days, 5 days, 1 day, 12 hours letter will follow and they will do data entry for all of that, those f****ng a$$****s

SN4GC said:
When I called today the gentle man who answered my call told that they are working on 2002 cases who responsed the 45 days letter.He said there are still 2001 pending cases too but they are processing the cases which are replied the 45 days letter.Looks like they are doing data entry again for the 45 day letter replied cases. Looks like they Love data entry.

SN

Hey SN5GC,
Why are you confusing so many people?

whatheheck said:
Hey SN5GC,
Why are you confusing so many people?

Why the Heck I want to confuse any one buddy.I just mentioned what I heard.The gentle man told me that they are processing cases for the year 2002 (He did'nt tell me the month).He told they are doing data entry for the cases which are replied and then processing.He told me they are working on the cases to approve/deny which are replied. I also can't understand abt the 2001 cases.When I asked abt 2001 cases he did'nt answer for that other than what I mentioned in my previous post.I am sorry if any one got confused. I am also in the same boat for last 3 1/2 yrs.

SN

VA/PD : Jun'02/RD : Apr'04/45 day letter : Jan'05

Last edited by a moderator:
Call with PEC rep

I called the number and lady on the phone gave me same crap. But one thing which she confirmed is that PEC has sent some approvals. Now none of us is aware of any approval(atleast I am not) I do not know how true is that.

My details:
State : MD
PD : Dec'2001
RD : Jan'04
45 day letter : Received and replied in Feb'05

atyagi73 said:
I called the number and lady on the phone gave me same crap. But one thing which she confirmed is that PEC has sent some approvals. Now none of us is aware of any approval(atleast I am not) I do not know how true is that.

My details:
State : MD
PD : Dec'2001
RD : Jan'04
45 day letter : Received and replied in Feb'05

Maybe we should not be calling so much if they are giving crap :)

DOL management are not Kindergarden graduates

GC_Lover said:
Because they now want to generate 25 day letter and they have to do data entry for that, once that is done and we have replied to 25 day letter, 15 days, 5 days, 1 day, 12 hours letter will follow and they will do data entry for all of that, those f****ng a$$****s

Let me try to put few thoughts here. These are not positive thoughts and I may be wrong about this, butttt.... all criticisms are welcomed.

My opinion, DOL employees are not inefficient. They are not kinder garden graduates. All these delay tacktics are well planned action by W.H.Administration.

I think that W.H. allowed the H1 holders to stay more than 6 years (with yearly extension) is just the part of this plan. The PERM process is part of this plan too.

I don't think WH administration wants all these H1 holders hanging arround here in this country. So first they reduced the H1 yearly Cap.

Then then have to get rid of so many H1 holders who are already within the country and processing GC. Question is how to do that as there were many obstacles.

1. So many US corporates depend on these H1 holder for thier day to day job.
2. H1 holder can extend upto 6 years for their stay as long as they have a job here and somebody wants to process their H1.

So the plan to extend the H1 beyond 6 years and putting all the existing labor in BEC, address both the above issue very nicely. Though it is not perfect, but it is the best plan to tackle the above mentioned hurdles.

As a result of delay tactics, all the GC aspirant candidate, who has weak position at their jobs, will be filtered out as they are not going to get GC in next 6 years. It will be hard to sustain a weak position in this country for that long. Also as after 6th year, nobody can change the job, the only way is to leave the country.

However WH administration doesn't want those candidates to go back who
are really needed by US corporations. So, they allow these GC aspirants to extend thier stay beyond 6th year. This way the coporations are not hurt and the candidate will just keep waiting as companies will be willing to extend their H1 after 6th year. However they will not be able to change any job with in the country. Again the delay tacktics did not hurt the US corporations because of this extension law.

It is only the GC aspirants who are hard hitten.

Come on, think about the 45 days letter. Why is that needed anyway? Isn't that just a waste of money and time. People will think, how dumb these DOL managements are to do 45 days letter. Well, they are not dumb. They are just following orders. This is just another layer to filter out H1 immigrants. Even if 1% of the reply doesn't reach in 45 days.. that is 350 less immigrants.

If you guys don't trust my thoughts, here is another point I have to make.

Re-entry of all the data manually again, something, that is already exist in some electronic form. Comeon, most of us are IT people, right? Please one of you just explain me, is re-entering all the data manually more expensive or to write a code that would migrated all the existing data from various system to one central system more expensive? Lets not even go to the timing factor.

So it is not the money too.. It is THE DELAY TACKTICS.

The processing of PERM was introduced to make sure that going forward, whoever is applying for the GC, is really outstanding and neede by US economy, as DOL is going to make the LC check a very thorogh process. After all US need people from out side in order remain a No. 1 economy.

I am in this country for 5 .5 years. Extremely good place to live, no doubt. I would love to raise my children here. However, once I saw a bumper sticker in a rugged funny looking pickup truck. By looking at the truck you will have a pretty good idea about the character of the owner. The sticker says
"STOP IMMIGRATION .. SAVE WESTERN CIVILIZATION."

I bet some of these people are sitting in the Administration today.

Even after 09/11, there are people who has got GC, start to end, within 2/3 years. Today people are waiting for 3/4/5 year just for thier LC. EB category retrogession and all those stuff going on..

Too bad, after getting STATE LC in May 2003, I bought a house. Looking for a bright future. Looks like by this time next year, I will have to sell it. I don't see any light at the end of the DOL BEC tunnel.

NOTE: These are just my opinion. You may agres or disagree. But never act on anything base on my opinion. ACt at your own risk.

I totally agree with the comments posted by sk0902. In this process some one may be making big bucks by awarding the BEC contarcts etc.

no doubt about it-- it is a scheme.

Trust me on this, if the administraton or other powerful parties want to speed up the LC process, they are able to do it easily. If they INTENTIONALLY slow it down, they are able to do it skillfully, just the way they are handling things: Backlog center, 45 day letter, data entry, then reentry, queue, Region, State, contractor, etc. All of one big scheme: slow down things. Force out people who have contributed for 6 years or longer to the social security funds.

Don't you think all powerful parties including the administration, th AILA, the corporations, know the slow painful way the LC process hurts alien's feeling. Damn, right, that is the way they want it to be.

All said, we still have to complain. If not, not only do they think you can be humiliated, they also think you are dumb and numb to realize that. I fedexed a complain letter to the secretary of DOL yesterday, will update everyone here on the response.

They are killing us

I heard today soon EB categories will retrogress and they might even stop proceesing due to the new law signed by Bush. They have created new visa status for Australians. US is opertunist. They are going allot 50K GC to Nurses and others at the cost of our lives. We are doomed..... Fuckers.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sk0902 said:
Let me try to put few thoughts here. These are not positive thoughts and I may be wrong about this, butttt.... all criticisms are welcomed.

My opinion, DOL employees are not inefficient. They are not kinder garden graduates. All these delay tacktics are well planned action by W.H.Administration.

I think that W.H. allowed the H1 holders to stay more than 6 years (with yearly extension) is just the part of this plan. The PERM process is part of this plan too.

I don't think WH administration wants all these H1 holders hanging arround here in this country. So first they reduced the H1 yearly Cap.

Then then have to get rid of so many H1 holders who are already within the country and processing GC. Question is how to do that as there were many obstacles.

1. So many US corporates depend on these H1 holder for thier day to day job.
2. H1 holder can extend upto 6 years for their stay as long as they have a job here and somebody wants to process their H1.

So the plan to extend the H1 beyond 6 years and putting all the existing labor in BEC, address both the above issue very nicely. Though it is not perfect, but it is the best plan to tackle the above mentioned hurdles.

As a result of delay tactics, all the GC aspirant candidate, who has weak position at their jobs, will be filtered out as they are not going to get GC in next 6 years. It will be hard to sustain a weak position in this country for that long. Also as after 6th year, nobody can change the job, the only way is to leave the country.

However WH administration doesn't want those candidates to go back who
are really needed by US corporations. So, they allow these GC aspirants to extend thier stay beyond 6th year. This way the coporations are not hurt and the candidate will just keep waiting as companies will be willing to extend their H1 after 6th year. However they will not be able to change any job with in the country. Again the delay tacktics did not hurt the US corporations because of this extension law.

It is only the GC aspirants who are hard hitten.

Come on, think about the 45 days letter. Why is that needed anyway? Isn't that just a waste of money and time. People will think, how dumb these DOL managements are to do 45 days letter. Well, they are not dumb. They are just following orders. This is just another layer to filter out H1 immigrants. Even if 1% of the reply doesn't reach in 45 days.. that is 350 less immigrants.

If you guys don't trust my thoughts, here is another point I have to make.

Re-entry of all the data manually again, something, that is already exist in some electronic form. Comeon, most of us are IT people, right? Please one of you just explain me, is re-entering all the data manually more expensive or to write a code that would migrated all the existing data from various system to one central system more expensive? Lets not even go to the timing factor.

So it is not the money too.. It is THE DELAY TACKTICS.

The processing of PERM was introduced to make sure that going forward, whoever is applying for the GC, is really outstanding and neede by US economy, as DOL is going to make the LC check a very thorogh process. After all US need people from out side in order remain a No. 1 economy.

I am in this country for 5 .5 years. Extremely good place to live, no doubt. I would love to raise my children here. However, once I saw a bumper sticker in a rugged funny looking pickup truck. By looking at the truck you will have a pretty good idea about the character of the owner. The sticker says
"STOP IMMIGRATION .. SAVE WESTERN CIVILIZATION."

I bet some of these people are sitting in the Administration today.

Even after 09/11, there are people who has got GC, start to end, within 2/3 years. Today people are waiting for 3/4/5 year just for thier LC. EB category retrogession and all those stuff going on..

Too bad, after getting STATE LC in May 2003, I bought a house. Looking for a bright future. Looks like by this time next year, I will have to sell it. I don't see any light at the end of the DOL BEC tunnel.

NOTE: These are just my opinion. You may agres or disagree. But never act on anything base on my opinion. ACt at your own risk.

mamamiax said:
I heard today soon EB categories will retrogress and they might even stop proceesing due to the new law signed by Bush. They have created new visa status for Australians. US is opertunist. They are going allot 50K GC to Nurses and others at the cost of our lives. We are doomed..... Fuckers.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whats the new law signed by Bush?

EB visa retrogression

For people who has been waiting for LC since 2001, the visa retrogression is not a bad thing. It will clear up the 485 tunnel for fast processing, which is well deserved for people who has suffered most.

richshi said:
For people who has been waiting for LC since 2001, the visa retrogression is not a bad thing. It will clear up the 485 tunnel for fast processing, which is well deserved for people who has suffered most.

Some people will not be able to apply when visa becomes "unavailable", I have a feeling that this is going (along with EB2 retrogession) to happen when BEC will start approving cases, just to put all of us in another queue, another long wait.
I also heard they allocated 10000 H1Bs for Australian, just like they have for Singapore and Chile. There is a very interesting link regarding H1B, its some articles done by Norman Matloff, Here it is

what you can do to get back to the unfair system

by helping fellow immigrants, especially those from China and India. Hire Chinese and Indian if you have hire power. Spend your money in the immigrants community (consumption, not necessarily buying real estate) by dining there.

I live in long island of ny, but rather drive 25 miles to spend my money in flushing. I recruited intern from college, they better be international students (who are more likely smart and deligent). My wife works for a big financial institution as a senior manager, she hired two chinese, one indian, one pakistani, one girl from Iceland (a Cornell graudate). Guess what, all need h1-b. :D so what, the company will pay for it. ;)

If you have the power, help your fellow immigrants. Educate your fellow immigrants, help each other.

dude,
485 is not even close, to reach 485 u have to clear labor, 4 years and waiting.
If they kill u in labor they won't need to worry about people reaching 485.
I don't think visa retrogression is good for anyone,
But we have to realize that this is not our country, we are being used, and what can we do about it?
Keep your eyes open, learn things here, save money and hopefully when we have to go back, we go back with wealth, knowledge and experience.
We have to realize that these delays are obviosuly intentional, we are the lowest priority, an unorganized group.
We have money but no power, no lobbying, no influence. Not even in India, forget US. Since we are not united we cannot do anything about our overall benefits. So, we should think how best we can help us individually and teach this admin a lesson.
Best way is to take jobs,work from here to india. Keep looking out for opportunities, I don't feel that US has much chance to compete with India in technology in future.

good point risch,
I am even changing my dentist, doctor to be all indians now, if I take a cab and driver is india i pay more tip.

vc594088 said:
I guess anybody can call.

I guess this situation is going to change if they keep receiving high volumes of calls every day. My guess soon callers will hear a recorded message that only authorized employers and attorneys are allowed to call. So guys, let’s try to let BEC people do some work by reducing the number of unnecessary calls. Someone suggested earlier that we choose someone with high communication skills and good knowledge in the process to call every other day and update the forum. I read comments from some of those who called earlier today or yesterday and I find them useless. They come out with so general words like "working on 2002", "doing 2001" etc.. well we already know they are doing 2001 and working on 2002 but where are they in this process of clearing 2001/2002!!! Did they start to process good volume of approvals/denials yet??

gp111
I would suggest we elect gp111 to call every other day, if he accepts to and update this forum respectively.

Case details:
CA/RIR
PD June 2002
RD May 2003
Transfered to Philly
45days letter rcvd