Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sachv_ said:
how long does it take to get the extension approved....
my 6 years are up on JAn 2nd 2007 , should my lawyers apply now or wait for a couple of months....

Extension is usually approved within 30-45 days. You can apply at any time, once time left on the current visa is less than 6 months - in your case, it will be early July.

NEverGreen said:
Extension is usually approved within 30-45 days. You can apply at any time, once time left on the current visa is less than 6 months - in your case, it will be early July.
Late last year 2005 when I filed for h1b extension; it took me 3-4 months. I dont think you get extension in 30-45 days.

PBEC approvals progress

Some statistics about number of PBEC approvals this year:

Feb: 17 ( 5 EB2 + 12 EB3)
Mar: 31 (10 EB2 + 21 EB3)
Apr: 45 (14 EB2 + 30 EB3 + 1 UNKNOWN)
May: 52 (29 EB2 + 22 EB3 + 1 UNKNOWN)

All data taken from tracker spreadsheet. Please make sure your information is updated.

Labor Approved.

Finally I got the fax from my lawyer with final determination of certified labor.

Thank you all for all the information shared on this board and good luck to everyone who is stuck in this black hole.

I got my 7th yr extension approved less than 30 days...
I applied it on first week of April and got my approved on Apr 27, 2006.
I thought because i did it by myself, it's faster!! :D

justdoit said:
Late last year 2005 when I filed for h1b extension; it took me 3-4 months. I dont think you get extension in 30-45 days.

Thanks for the info babuds.
Can you find when she/he got and replied 45 day letter?

babuds said:
My friend LC is approved. Here's the details:
PBEC
CA EB3 RIR
PD July 2002
P-04322-05xxx

justdoit said:

My extension was applied for last september and we received the extension notice on day 25. Most of my colleagues have also received their extension approvals in the 30-45 day window.

question to Saknia

Hi Saknia,
I couldn't resist to check my status by sending email to H1B 7 years email yesterday and got a reply this morning. there is no status indication but I found uot some more fields added to the message, e.g. occupation tile, occupation code, business activity, etc. Does this mean there my case is very close to get approval or just meant they finished data entry. Mine was July 2002, I'm kind of frustrated and appreciate your input. :eek: :confused: :mad: :(

Labour Approved from Phily

My LC was filed from Maryland in Aug 2002, finally I got mine approved on 25. Last week one of my colleague was saying all LC's filed in 2002 will be cleared soon, looks like its true.

thanks
pabhski

pabhski said:
My LC was filed from Maryland in Aug 2002, finally I got mine approved on 25. Last week one of my colleague was saying all LC's filed in 2002 will be cleared soon, looks like its true.

thanks
pabhski

Can you give more detail. Like your category, when received 45 day letter and case number (first 5 digits) thanks

info please..

I did not know that we could do extension by ourself.
Is it easy? My attorney charges 2K every year for filing extension.
Do you have any links/info regarding this.
Thanks.
cherrygums said:
I got my 7th yr extension approved less than 30 days...
I applied it on first week of April and got my approved on Apr 27, 2006.
I thought because i did it by myself, it's faster!! :D

161 said:
Hi Saknia,
I couldn't resist to check my status by sending email to H1B 7 years email yesterday and got a reply this morning. there is no status indication but I found uot some more fields added to the message, e.g. occupation tile, occupation code, business activity, etc. Does this mean there my case is very close to get approval or just meant they finished data entry. Mine was July 2002, I'm kind of frustrated and appreciate your input. :eek: :confused: :mad: :(
My case is showing this status (Occupation tile, occupation code, business activity, etc)
From last one year but no activity yet. I got 7th year extension proof six months ago showing same status..

:confused: :confused:
Ladude10
CA PD July 2002 EB3

ladude10 said:
My case is showing this status (Occupation tile, occupation code, business activity, etc)
From last one year but no activity yet. I got 7th year extension proof six months ago showing same status..

:confused: :confused:
Ladude10
CA PD July 2002 EB3

Hi, Ladude,
Appreciated a lot though I'm so disappointed. We are on the same boat, so just wait...

H1B extension

Email me at desipins@hotmail.com and I will be glad to send you stuff that I used to file my H-1B extension free of cost.
DOCSIS said:
Thanks.

161, my screenshot also got all the fields filled except prevailing wage. Is yours same as mine?

161 said:
Hi Saknia,

161 said:
Hi Saknia,

Possibly YES

it's very easy to filed it!
Do you have a copied of your previous H1B extension document?
do the same as ur previous one,

For Primary Petitioner
1. I-29 form , H, supplement, I129 H data collection
2. Letter from petitioner
3. LCA ( Form 9035E)
4. I-94
5. All I-797
6. Recent pay stubs
7. Evidence of qualifications
8. Filling fee $190.00 payable to Department of Homeland Security
9. a copy of visa and passport stamp
10. Proof that you are eligible for 7th yr extension

For spouse
1. I-539
2. copy of dependent’s I-94, I797 and visa stamp

1st requested for a labor cert. online( Form ETA9035E), By completing and signing the LCA,
it will be approved in a second. here is a link...
http://www.lca.doleta.gov/eta_start.cfm?actiontype=home&CFID=108588481&CFTOKEN=56251729
2nd, completed petition (USCIS Form I-129)
then submit a copy of the approved LCA to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a completed petition (USCIS Form I-129) requesting your 7th yr H-1B extension.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129.htm

3rd, send all of your completed documents to

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

and here is USCIS Hotline : 1800-357-2099
you can call them if you have any question regarding your application.they will help you to resolve your question.

if you have any question please pm to me.

sorry my english is not good!!

DOCSIS said:
Thanks.

Atlast

Atlast received my 45 Day love letter today. My attorney sent me a copy of it. The letter was dated May 22nd 2006.

PBECVictim10000 said:
Probably not 100% true as far as approval time of your case. My attorney said same thing about converting to PERM. It seems that she didn't want to make the extra money for handling PERM for me. She said (last year when PERM just implemented) there was no solid proof that DOL will keep the PD of LC if switch to PERM, better not to take the risk to lose my PD. Unless my company can file PERM for a new EB2 position for me (my current LC is EB3), it was not worthy to convert to PERM. My PD is March 2004, received 45 letter in May 05, still no news. My attorney told me a couple of months ago that the approval for my case could come in any time, but nothing happened and I would not expect anything happen based on the fact that PBEC is processing 2002 cases only right now. My attorney is an executive memeber of AILA also. DOL promised to clear backlog by July 07, IF (a big IF here) they can keep their promise, for PD like yours, better be prepared to receive the approval some time May 07, that is about 12 months from now.

You realize that on EB3 you will not be able to file AOS for many many years, so that a wait in PBEC will fail in comparison, while with EB2 you may be able to file soon, or now depending on your country.

My case is still pending at PBEC, and will be for a while. But I got myself a labor substitution, got I140 approved in 2 weeks, got advance parole, employement authorization, finger prints done, and a bunch of folks getting I485 approved within 90 days in Texas. I am 60 days..

Of course there is always a name check to be stuck, but it is easier with pending 485, AC21 portability, EAD for spouse. On H1B your are a miserable slave, after I140 you are just a serf, but with some rights.

What I am saying - get EB2 PERM. You may have your card before the end of the year.