Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

whatheheck said:
My advice to fellow buddies who are on 5th, 6th year and 7,8,9,10,11...nth year extention.

As i said earlier save as much as you can, convert them into your local currency before value drops. If i remember correctly the exchange rate was $1 = Rs49.25 some 2 yrs back. Now its only Rs 43.10. Nearly 12 to 13% drop.

OR buy GOLD or convet in EUROS (y) :D

i am feeling really frustrated. my PD is march 2004. i guess, it may take min. 2 years to take my file. i am on my 6th year extension. i have not gone to my home country for the past 5 years as of now. now, after this BEC confusion, my mind is having the second option of going back to india.

who is with me????

hello

Seems like I have been waiting for the gc for ages!!
I filed my labor in OCT 2001 from NY, now my case has been transfered to Philli backlog center. I have not yet recieved my 45 day notice....

Does someone know how they are handling cases at these centres...i mean are they going according to the dates they recieved application or are they going randomly????

Is there anybody on this forum who has filed labor after oct 2001 from NY and has recieved the 45-day notice?

Can someone who has recieved the 45-day letter tell me what are the documents i need to keep ready for responding to it..

thanx for reading and do reply......no wisecracks...my nerves are fretting!!!!!!!!!

My GC process is in labor stage(RIR) since 2001. I am planning to start a new GC application in PERM, from a different company as a future employee.If for some reason my PERM application gets rejected, will it have an impact,on the other GC process that was initiated in 2001 ??

Same Blah Blah Blah

Dear Mr. Anumala:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center on January 28, 2005. The employer or its representative will know processing of this case has begun when the Center issues a "45-day letter” to the employer or its representative asking if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will notify the employer or its representative if any information from the application is missing. The employer or its representative will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer or its representative fails to respond, the application will be closed.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

I hope that this information is helpful.

whatheheck said:
Hi,
I hate to see your following signature "If you sleep, you will wake up in your home contry".

What do you mean by this? Are you ashamed of going back to your home country? I couldn't believe how this fu*** GC corrupts people mind. Man its just fu**** GC and not your life. Don't give damn importance to this fu** thing.

Suggestion: Please be proud of your country. You are here because of your country. So please remove the above signature if you can.

I am sorry if this message hurts you.

I never said its bad waking up in your home country. I want to be in my country as a "well informed" decision and not forced decision. There is nothing corrupt to site a goal and to work towards it.
For eg, you think yourself as corrupt if you always strive to get A grade ? :mad:

My goal is to fight for injustice and I have courage and confidence to speak out what I feel wrong, if you agree then join me, if you disagree then you will join later. :cool:

What you are saying makes sense when I am trying to get PR by wrong means (by killing or bribing). You go to restaurant and food is burned out, you will talk with the manager and if necessary fight for it. That doesn't mean its most important thing in your life or you are corrupt minded? :p

I did search for all posts by "whattheheck" and now I feel I wasted my five minutes replying you :rolleyes:

Suggestion: Be proud of yourself first. Believe in yourself. Do something for the community. Your country will shine automatically. :)

gp111 said:
my take on this..

I would like to be more positive, proactive & educated in this long waiting killing process so that I can be helpful to Some of the Future Immigrants ( by advice, Voting, Campaigning, Contributing to new standards etc etc..)

ALSO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN WAKING UP IN MY HOME COUNTRY.. I WISH I COULD DO THAT !!...

That is not always true. Some people brought their children here believing in all this GC business, Needless to say after 9 years those children will have very hard time if they are expelled from the country.
Secondly there still are some places in the world where one returning from the US imminently puts himself into a great danger just because he is supposed to be rich.
Combine the first category with the second and you discover why some LC applicants still tolerate all this humiliation and abuse by DOL.

Any approval from PEC for MD

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found it very useful. Here are the details of my case:
PD : Dec'2001
State: MD
Reached PA region : Jan'2003
45-day letter received and replied in Feb'05.

Has any one know if there is any approval from PEC for applications applied through MD ? I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

It is tough to wait so long, but forum like this makes it easy by providing some insight and finding people in similar situation as mine.

Thanks all !!

sri302 said:
Dear Mr. Anumala:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center on January 28, 2005. The employer or its representative will know processing of this case has begun when the Center issues a "45-day letter” to the employer or its representative asking if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will notify the employer or its representative if any information from the application is missing. The employer or its representative will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer or its representative fails to respond, the application will be closed.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

I hope that this information is helpful.

One progress in this reply letter than what I got before, the date transferd from state to BPC are mentioned. That means the DOL officer read the letter and checked your case status.
It is very easy for DOL officer, why they take year and year to process case?

How to contact "Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao's office"

I have seen many people got reply from "Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao's office". How do I approach her ? Do you guys have a mailing address or email address ?

atyagi73 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found it very useful. Here are the details of my case:
PD : Dec'2001
State: MD
Reached PA region : Jan'2003
45-day letter received and replied in Feb'05.

Has any one know if there is any approval from PEC for applications applied through MD ? I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

It is tough to wait so long, but forum like this makes it easy by providing some insight and finding people in similar situation as mine.

Thanks all !!

if you know the source for this please update us...

I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

I have PD od Nov 2001 from NY SWA ..
45 days letters are received and replied .. but no update after that...

Wboyi said:
One progress in this reply letter than what I got before, the date transferd from state to BPC are mentioned. That means the DOL officer read the letter and checked your case status.
It is very easy for DOL officer, why they take year and year to process case?

Its just the date on the box that was transferred from State/Regional to BEC.
Are you confusing DOL customer service with Geico's (I really think GEICO has 97% approval, I am never dissatisfied with their CS) :)

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
if you know the source for this please update us...

I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

I have PD od Nov 2001 from NY SWA ..
45 days letters are received and replied .. but no update after that...

Nov '01 approvals could be coming from NY DOL as well, so who knows...

USCISisMockery said:
I never said its bad waking up in your home country. I want to be in my country as a "well informed" decision and not forced decision. There is nothing corrupt to site a goal and to work towards it.
For eg, you think yourself as corrupt if you always strive to get A grade ? :mad:

My goal is to fight for injustice and I have courage and confidence to speak out what I feel wrong, if you agree then join me, if you disagree then you will join later. :cool:

What you are saying makes sense when I am trying to get PR by wrong means (by killing or bribing). You go to restaurant and food is burned out, you will talk with the manager and if necessary fight for it. That doesn't mean its most important thing in your life or you are corrupt minded? :p

I did search for all posts by "whattheheck" and now I feel I wasted my five minutes replying you :rolleyes:

Suggestion: Be proud of yourself first. Believe in yourself. Do something for the community. Your country will shine automatically. :)

I didnt see anything wrong in "whatheheck" mentioned, it is not about setting up goals, it is about how do u set standards to achieve goals.
Your signature definetly definitely looks that if they dont listen to you, that as if we have done a mistake and deported to our countries.

GC is only a option which makes our life better by not worrying about Layoffs,changing jobs, etc. and definetly not leaving our roots and feel ashamed like you to get up in our HOME country.

I dont expect you to waste 5 min of you on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said

mnhrdc said:
I didnt see anything wrong in "whatheheck" mentioned, it is not about setting up goals, it is about how do u set standards to achieve goals.
Your signature definetly definitely looks that if they dont listen to you, that as if we have done a mistake and deported to our countries.

GC is only a option which makes our life better by not worrying about Layoffs,changing jobs, etc. and definetly not leaving our roots and feel ashamed like you to get up in our HOME country.

I dont expect you to waste 5 min of you on this

Well said mnhrdc.

Where are you Gurus??

What happend to our so called Gurus who sometimes provided us with valuable information? What happend to them? Are they hiding somewhere?

Look at Dallas BEC thread. Looks like they have gurus like Zany_Brainy, ICARUS and others. ICARUS feeds them with plenty of real time information.

If anyone had any contacts with DOL before, try to make use of that contact now and get some accurate information.