Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sent fax and emails, forwarded to friends

Sent a few faxes, tens of emails (and got many auto-reply and some undeliverable messages), and forwarded it to all my friends.

Thanks for the contact information, and please keep up.

highlighting our situation

I think we are just highlighting our situation by filing lawsuit. we may not win it but atleast we make them explain the mess in the court. Even the higher management in DOL would realize because they cant just ignore it.
and I know we dont have any leverage on DOL, only employers and lawyers do to some extent but we are the only ones suffering so we have to create our leverage otherwise no one will. not to mention our employers are also taking advantage of the situation.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I beg to differ ! May be I am wrong but here is my opinion:

I don't believe that this can be resolved by getting in conflict, rather this issue can be resolved only by higher political pressure. More, DOL is government entity which can always prove that the way they are working is correct. Remember past law suit - even coourt didn't make a remark on their performance.

This about a developer in your team who is way old in your company. If he is not performing, you can not get work done by fighting with him. The best way is to imply pressure on him from management.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

Congratulations!

Every approvals gives me a little hope because every day I don't see approvals I lose hope. I hope they start moving. My PD is sept '02 and is not really that far.

PS: I think you will have to wait for the May dates to come out but you should be able to file 485 soon if not concurrent.

ho_jayega said:
Hi Guys,
Finally I received my approvel today. I just received letter from my HR. The approvel date is 29th March.

Thank you all gurus here to provide the valuable information. Also because of this forum I know more about LC than my lawyer. Good luck to all of you and see you soon in next step forum.
My detail are in my signeture.

Question to GURUS.
1. Can I file both I-140 and 485 togather ?...the retro date is till June 2002 for EB2.

Thanks and Good luck all

Congratulations ho_jayega!!!
Actually you should change your name to ho_gaya!
Now this is raising my hopes!

ho_jayega said:
Hi Guys,
Finally I received my approvel today. I just received letter from my HR. The approvel date is 29th March.

Thank you all gurus here to provide the valuable information. Also because of this forum I know more about LC than my lawyer. Good luck to all of you and see you soon in next step forum.
My detail are in my signeture.

Question to GURUS.
1. Can I file both I-140 and 485 togather ?...the retro date is till June 2002 for EB2.

Thanks and Good luck all

My boss called couple days ago and talked to someone, requesting info about my case
wich is PD 2003, and they told him that they are processing 2002, around july and that they are going by date
he also asked how long it'd take to get to 2003, they didnt know!!!
JUST AMAZING

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I beg to differ ! May be I am wrong but here is my opinion:

I don't believe that this can be resolved by getting in conflict, rather this issue can be resolved only by higher political pressure. More, DOL is government entity which can always prove that the way they are working is correct. Remember past law suit - even coourt didn't make a remark on their performance.

This about a developer in your team who is way old in your company. If he is not performing, you can not get work done by fighting with him. The best way is to imply pressure on him from management.

My 2 cents.

God...we had many debates here before about this issue about going in for a lawsuit or no. I know that we cant sue the DOL about their operations, we r just at the mercy of them, running round lawyers and courts and summons is like an ant-bite to an elephant, DOL will care the least.

Instead, faxing every 10 days or 15 days and becoming a pain in DOL's neck/butt/allover asking to give us a clear picture on their website as to what is happening and even asking for an online case status like the way we have for the USCIS will be very helpful.

Above all, not many are ready to give in their case details about their case and sort of 'challenge' DOL about their work, we know it sucks big time,but it is too risky for guys to take chances with their personal info/cases after waiting and putting in 4yrs of wait for this damn LC..

StressTestInUSA said:
God...we had many debates here before about this issue about going in for a lawsuit or no. I know that we cant sue the DOL about their operations, we r just at the mercy of them, running round lawyers and courts and summons is like an ant-bite to an elephant, DOL will care the least.

Instead, faxing every 10 days or 15 days and becoming a pain in DOL's neck/butt/allover asking to give us a clear picture on their website as to what is happening and even asking for an online case status like the way we have for the USCIS will be very helpful.

Above all, not many are ready to give in their case details about their case and sort of 'challenge' DOL about their work, we know it sucks big time,but it is too risky for guys to take chances with their personal info/cases after waiting and putting in 4yrs of wait for this damn LC..

I totally agree with you. people living here illegally have nothing to lose and everything to gain, if they are deported they know they can cross over again. , so they can afford to go rallies, openly denounce the judiciary etc, moreover most of them havn't studied much, so if one calls for a rally they just follow, like I said they have nothing to lose...

We are living here legally, one missing document or a false step can undo all the wait. Most of us here are compromising hoping that all these sacrifices will start to show results.

I only hope all of our labor applications are approved soon

QUOTE=StressTestInUSA]God...we had many debates here before about this issue about going in for a lawsuit or no. I know that we cant sue the DOL about their operations, we r just at the mercy of them, running round lawyers and courts and summons is like an ant-bite to an elephant, DOL will care the least.

Above all, not many are ready to give in their case details about their case and sort of 'challenge' DOL about their work, we know it sucks big time,but it is too risky for guys to take chances with their personal info/cases after waiting and putting in 4yrs of wait for this damn LC..[/QUOTE]

Hi Stresstestusa

I agree we had many debates. However this can be revisted as the wait in PBEC goes on.

For people around 2002 corners there is some hope now ( going by the slow approvals in March & April)

For 2003 -2005 : No Body really knows how things will move in the later part of the year???????.

Lawsuit is the only better way for this lot. How many campaign we should have for next on year ????????

With the Faxes and Letters we all have given our information in Black and White.In the list we all sent some Guy might be friend of our CO too. Even if the Top Brass decides about taking action all case info will go to the CO of PBEC . How are we asssured that few out of that list( who wrote faxes) will not get reprimanded for that complaint ( they can always use some hole in our application)

If you were part of Lawsuit rejecting you even with some genuine hole in your petition could trigger another Law suit ( where you become real victimised case ) .Atleast here every one is afraid of coming in public for such an action ( part of an Victimised suit)

We had same amount of risk with both the options.

If one does not want to give names for Lawsuit he could still contribute and support the cause.That way it will help that person indirectly too.

boston28 said:
My boss called couple days ago and talked to someone, requesting info about my case
wich is PD 2003, and they told him that they are processing 2002, around july and that they are going by date
he also asked how long it'd take to get to 2003, they didnt know!!!
JUST AMAZING
Any one from Boston or any other place in MA has any update on their labor ?

Read This -DBEC News

#11206 31st March 2006, 03:15 PM
GCCovet
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

LC approval Sojourned?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like LC approval have halted in DBEC. OR people are not posting their details.
Since last two weeks, in this forum < 3 approval have been posted.

What's up with DBEC? Are they trying to relax so that PBEC could catch up with DBEC ?

Freaking out.

You all have a great weekend.

Even after June 2006 after they r done with data entry, do you guys think they will move 1 month at a time,if that is the case december 2002 shud be done by another 5 months(or June 2006 + 5months = end of year) with curently assuming july 2002 approving. I am sure there are thousands and thousands of cases on each table.

2003 and 2004 and (2005 of all worst scenario might as well file in PERM) will be another 2yrs time.

It still makes me wonder are the Certifying officers now doind data entry at the BEC's...? Why r they not doing their job...? this is more than freaking.....!!

Hi guys, I just thought that I'll share this information with you. My new attorney called me yesterday and informed me that she had called PBEC and asked them about non RIR cases, if they are working on them the same way as with RIR cases and the lady in PBEC told her " Non RIR cases are in different pile... We have non RIR cases from 2001 that we are working on"-funny, heh?WORKING ON!!! What a joke! Anyways, just so the non RIR people know that for now there is no light for us...
And one more thing-don't even have any hope that any of the bills for us-"aliens" will be passed any soon. They just can't agree on anything.

Senate Immigration Reform Schedule

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com

Convenes and resumes consideration of S. 2454, the Border Control bill at 9:30 a.m. It is anticipated that there will be a fierce showdown between the Democrats and the Republicans on the floor today. If the Senate fails to pass the comprehensive immigration bill, the immigrant community will have to live with the nightmarish Rep. Sensenbrenner House bill! We hope the Senate makes some progress in amendment votes today. People should continue to contact the Senators and the community should not cease their rallies and other pressures on the legislators. Stakes are too high to lose this opportunity, no matter whether it is legal aliens or illegal aliens.

This might be pretty crucial for all the BEC sufferers.... Hope the Senate bill passes so that we can get some kinda relief.

I just wanted to get an idea of how many people may not have recvd. 45 day letter so far,

I have still not recvd. 45 day letter.

My Case Details are as follows:

PD June 2003
Non- RIR
Florida ( State moved to Philly)
Advertised and sent back advertisment results
No status on the case.

It is officially noted by the authorities that backlog reduction operation fell on its face. It caused more mess than solve the discrepencies in the old regional labor certification process.

The company I work for had implemented similar strategy and failed miserably with its mail-order operations. There were some delays in the regional locations. Frustrated with that, they centralized everything into one operation at the head quarters. Now, nothing gets done on time.Not to mention the volume load. Pulling their hair for successfully extrapolating the issues of a few regional centers to the enterprise level!

I am thinking, once date-entry is finished, adjudication work on pending cases could move little faster.Comparably fast. Not a whole lot fast.Because the flaw is fundamental.

Fools never learn a lesson from the past mistake. USCIS showed its lunacy with this "bi-specialization" drama. Nationwide I-140s and 485s would go to NSC/TSC. Other non-immigrant stuff goes to VSC/CSC.

All these labor cases getting approved from PBEC/DBEC would pile up at NSC/TSC centers.We are out to wail on those regions just like we did with PBEC/DBEC.

I haven't received 45 day letter.

No 45 day letter-NJ -RIR-EB3-June 2002.

psgupta9 said:
I just wanted to get an idea of how many people may not have recvd. 45 day letter so far,

I have still not recvd. 45 day letter.

My Case Details are as follows:

PD June 2003
Non- RIR
Florida ( State moved to Philly)
Advertised and sent back advertisment results
No status on the case.

I have no dea why DOL had to create the BECs.
THey moved all files across the nation, are trying to re-enter all the cases, generating 45 day letters and then compiling the responses and then adjudicating them.
Meanwhile they have to learn the intricacies in each Region and the processes used in each Region.

Instead of spending all this money, why could they not have added 10 more resources in each Region? It would have cost them much less and would have got the job done.

anilt75 said:
It is officially noted by the authorities that backlog reduction operation fell on its face. It caused more mess than solve the discrepencies in the old regional labor certification process.

The company I work for had implemented similar strategy and failed miserably with its mail-order operations. There were some delays in the regional locations. Frustrated with that, they centralized everything into one operation at the head quarters. Now, nothing gets done on time.Not to mention the volume load. Pulling their hair for successfully extrapolating the issues of a few regional centers to the enterprise level!

I am thinking, once date-entry is finished, adjudication work on pending cases could move little faster.Comparably fast. Not a whole lot fast.Because the flaw is fundamental.

Fools never learn a lesson from the past mistake. USCIS showed its lunacy with this "bi-specialization" drama. Nationwide I-140s and 485s would go to NSC/TSC. Other non-immigrant stuff goes to VSC/CSC.

All these labor cases getting approved from PBEC/DBEC would pile up at NSC/TSC centers.We are out to wail on those regions just like we did with PBEC/DBEC.