Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

DOL changing deadline within 2 weeks?

What happened in DOL today morning? Early

morning "http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/" doesn't have image at all and "http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/" was showing 17months.

It seems DOL conducted a meeting and decided to add 2 more months. Within 2 weeks they pushed the deadline 2 more months.

Are they going to add 2 more months every month?

all JPGs are there

Just pick one you like :)
19MonthsRemaining.jpg

18MonthsRemaining.jpg

17MonthsRemaining.jpg

16MonthsRemaining.jpg

15MonthsRemaining.jpg

14MonthsRemaining.jpg

13MonthsRemaining.jpg

12MonthsRemaining.jpg

11MonthsRemaining.jpg

10MonthsRemaining.jpg

9MonthsRemaining.jpg

8MonthsRemaining.jpg

7MonthsRemaining.jpg

6MonthsRemaining.jpg

5MonthsRemaining.jpg

4MonthsRemaining.jpg

3MonthsRemaining.jpg

2MonthsRemaining.jpg

1MonthsRemaining.jpg

funny!

but why this waste of time bothering about this jpeg. pls use that time for writing to press..

What does PD stands for? My case is in PBEC. The date of acceptance for processing is April 27,2004. My case never made to Regional. I received a 45 day Letter from them on 2/20/2006, which was replied today ie 3/1/2006.

Does anybody has any idea about how much longer should it take for me to get an approval?

ETA case # P-05171-73***

Last edited by a moderator:
Please mention the state from where your LC was filed.

gamin786 said:
What does PD stands for? My case is in PBEC. The date of acceptance for processing is April 27,2004. My case never made to Regional. I received a 45 day Letter from them on 2/20/2006, which was replied today ie 3/1/2006.

Does anybody has any idea about how much longer should it take for me to get an approval?

ETA case # P-05171-73***

Thanks man..Hope your wish comes true

saknia said:
Hi Nayak

Hang on. Iam seeing approvals for 45 days replied in Feb 2005. Yours might be on the way already. I wish you get this in a week's time

Washington, DC RIR status

Does anyone know if PBEC is processing any RIR cases for Washington, DC yet? I know one of my friend's RIR PD is Oct '01 and he has only got 45 day letter just 3-4 months ago. No sign of approval yet. Mine is Oct '04, EB-2 RIR. Can I hope to get mine approved in this life :)

So much has been said about the power of numbers, how the BECs will have to process X number of cases a day to eliminate the backlog, etc....But the real problem and defficiency is that we are not unionized. If every backlog applicant contributed $1,000 to a union, we'll come up with a whopping $300M: more than enough to even be heard by Bush. This is the missing piece, not a lawsuit. Tonight though, I am nevertheless writing a check for $200 as a contribution to the planned lawsuit....I also wonder if the list of "backloggers" and their addresses is public info; this way we can inform them of this website and become to act more like one.

7th years extn

Hi gurus,
Sorry to post the wrong question here. But, please help me with the following;
1. I have been laid off today and my I140 should be approved by next month and I am on 7th year extn. If I join another employer can I stay here till my H1 expires?
2. Is it possible to file a new PERM from new employer in the above case?

Please reply, Thx in advance.

Giving Up

Well my wife and I are calling it a day. My H1-B extension should be coming through any time now, butmy lawyer suggested extending it for 3 years instead of just one because she does not see the green card coming any time soon. The problem is that even if the labor certification is processed by PBEC, there are still no numbers available.

So great, I got my letter and replied back in May 2005. Say they process my Labor certification in September of this year, there may not be an available number until 2008.

We are selling our house and going back home. Better start again with the ability to look ahead more that 1 year at a time than go through this gut wrenching BS everyday.

Good luck to everyone here, sorry I just couldn't hack it with you guys any more.

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,
1. I have been laid off today and my I140 should be approved by next month and I am on 7th year extn. If I join another employer can I stay here till my H1 expires?

I think both is possible.

kcnagaraju

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,

1. Yes. You can join other employer who'd be willing to sponsor for remaining period.
2. Yes. Make sure you do it ASAP, then file for I140 after PERM approval. After 140 approval you can extend H1B for three years. This can be a very close one as you must have at least around 6-10 months remaining on H1 (not sure of how long PERM approval takes (3-4 months?) and 140 (depends on state)).

Don't rule out opportunities back home; its possible that your destiny is elsewhere. USA is fast losing a number of talented folks due to this immigration mess up. See post by irishborn!

Cheer up and All the very best!

Dear kcnagaraju,
I think its possible both ways. Please consult some eminent lawyer and get a professional advice.

As Irish and Manny's post mentioned earlier, there are endless opportunities these days. It's not easy to take such decisions and may be loosing a job will act as a catalyst for you to look at the big picture.

Good Luck!!

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,

There is absolutely no doubt that back home is doing great guns...!!

Its just that almost more than 7yrs of our precious and valuable life is spent here following this damn mirage...hoping one day..it will get thru, not living our life in peace without thinking of this shit for alteast half a day...

Really dont know what to comment about Irishboy's decision...he might not regret in another year...and I still wonder in which shape wud we be...?? In the next 5yrs makes me wonder how things wud be around here in the US and backhome...

Ironically...I was checking my childs H.W where she had to write a passage of how it wud be for her(mostly imaginary scenario) by 2016 i.e another 10 yrs....It dosent really seem far to me..looking back after how the past 7yrs just slipped before our eyes...

irishborn said:
Well my wife and I are calling it a day. My H1-B extension should be coming through any time now, butmy lawyer suggested extending it for 3 years instead of just one because she does not see the green card coming any time soon. The problem is that even if the labor certification is processed by PBEC, there are still no numbers available.

So great, I got my letter and replied back in May 2005. Say they process my Labor certification in September of this year, there may not be an available number until 2008.

We are selling our house and going back home. Better start again with the ability to look ahead more that 1 year at a time than go through this gut wrenching BS everyday.

Good luck to everyone here, sorry I just couldn't hack it with you guys any more.

That's really sad. Guys I do not know what you think about the public that sits at DOL. I don't know if I would be able to sleep normally knowing that someone's life was affected because I didn't do something that I could.
Its' good that the new PERM system was set up. The machine that takes the decision now has more heart than our "best in the nation" certifiers.

LALOO_PRASAD said:
What happened in DOL today morning? Early

morning "http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/" doesn't have image at all and "http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/" was showing 17months.

It seems DOL conducted a meeting and decided to add 2 more months. Within 2 weeks they pushed the deadline 2 more months.

Are they going to add 2 more months every month?

I think I may have something to do with it. I sent an email to John Beverly and Stephen Stefanko this morning about this. Within hours the correction appeared on the web site.

sick_of_waiting said:
I think I may have something to do with it. I sent an email to John Beverly and Stephen Stefanko this morning about this. Within hours the correction appeared on the web site.
So that was you who added each of us two more months ???!!! :mad:
The reason is that those guys have trouble counting to 19.

Received Varification From PBEC

After writing 8-10 mails in last 2-3 months to PBEC finally I have received Varification mail for 7th Yr Ext. from PBEC.
Now I hope there should be no problem getting 7th Year extension. Am I right?
But after reading it I am confused.. I hope gurus here can help me out...In Verification Request Letter 'PROCESSING TYPE' is showing RIR...could anyone please tell me is it EB2 or EB3 RIR?
Another things I want to know letter shows 'Case Source' is Region...could you please tell me what exactly it mean?

My details are:-
45 Days Received and replied: Aug'2005
CaseNO: P-05138-******
Proriyt Date: Oct 2003
Filed From: DE

Do any one of us has any idea, when my case will be approved? Do we have any way to find out the current status of labor?
Thank for your help...have a nice day!

kcnagaraju

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,

kcnagaraju,

Sorry to hear about your situation. How many months more do you have on your H1? If it is 6 or less months, Just transfer and extend your H1 to a new company using your current pending LC. You would be able to get 1 year + the no. of mths left (must be 6 or less mths). Eg. if your current H1 expires in Aug'06, you would be able to extend till Aug'07 in the new company. With this, quickly apply PERM from the new company. You will be fine..

gcco