Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

kcnagaraju and irishborn, sorry to hear that.

New members might not know but puting up huge 1 page
awareness ad in NY times or Washington times was
discussed here many times. Lot of us were skeptical
about that because it might back fire. Idiots may
start questioning the existence of Labor Certficate
itself after reading such ad.

This DOL jpg is hillarious and fcking stupid, even my community website
is more dynamic than this. How tough it is to put a countdown timer plugin in there.
You believed it was innocent mistake ? I dont think so. They are mocking whole labor process.

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,
Sorry to post the wrong question here. But, please help me with the following;
1. I have been laid off today and my I140 should be approved by next month and I am on 7th year extn. If I join another employer can I stay here till my H1 expires?
2. Is it possible to file a new PERM from new employer in the above case?

Please reply, Thx in advance.
I am sorry to hear about this. Went through the same pain a couple of months back. Since you have a pending I-140, my understanding is you can transfer and extend H1 based on that. So first priority for you should be get H1 transfer. You should be able to add 1 year extension based on pending I-140. Once you are in a new job, get PERM filed quickly.

You didn't write about your existing PD. Whatever it is, you can use that in your next job after your I-140 gets cleared from last job.

It is a mountain to climb and so many pitfalls. In my view a layoff gives you a different perspective and a chance to change things even though at times involuntarily.

I hope things turn out right and wish you best of luck for the next few tough months.

19 Months remaining

19 Months remaining!!!! What a joke and a big slap on face of us!! Even after this If some body thinks not to sue them then I would say better to stop dreaming about GC..
Some one was suggesting media attention, are you dreaming!! Media will come to you and ask for your favor.. Are we running our own CNN or Fox channel !!! Come on guys!! reality is, next month they may change number to "INFINIT".
Even they don't tell us what is going on at their end, how will they finish everything in 19 months.. Do you know what is best way to make it transparent and it is lawsuit !!! Even Illiterate people sue the Gov/others for their own rights in this country, guys we are well educated , whats porblem with us!! may be we satisfy ourself by looking on other guys who are also suffering!! Somebody told that he sent a mail to DOL and immediately they changed countdown, if your mail can do this thing happen then I think lawsuit can make a big difference.. lets at least try this option..

Reply from PBEC-for NJ-RIR-EB3-June 2002

I received email from PBEC after one month stating:

Dear Requestor:

The subject case T-05237-XXXX has been received by the Philadelphia
Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a
Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC
Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination
Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If
you need additional information, please visit the following Internet
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

>>>> I never received 45 day letter.
what will be the next?
Please reply.
Thanks.

dbr..

When the T changes to P we r assuming the 45 day letters will be issued...
I guess they r just dragging whatever box they reach for dataentry stuff....

Mine is from NJ and 2002 Dec..i recvd my letter on Jan9th...
Hang on for a couple of months...for the letter

Please read below info

kcnagaraju said:
Hi gurus,
Sorry to post the wrong question here. But, please help me with the following;
1. I have been laid off today and my I140 should be approved by next month and I am on 7th year extn. If I join another employer can I stay here till my H1 expires?
2. Is it possible to file a new PERM from new employer in the above case?

Please reply, Thx in advance.

** H1B visa holders can change employers as soon as a H1B petition is 'submitted' to the INS by the new employer **
New H1B bill approved in the senate and House
The senate voted 96-1 to approve the new H1B bill S.2045
The House of Representatives passed the H1B visa bill (S. 2045) on a voice vote.

H-1B nonimmigrants may change jobs upon the filing of a new petition by the new employer as long as the individual is in lawful status at the time of filing and has not engaged in any unauthorized employment since his or her last lawful admission

Allows individuals who have filed for adjustment of status and whose cases have been pending for 180 days or more to change jobs or employers without affecting the validity of the I-140 or underlying labor certification, as long as the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification to the job in the original petition and labor cert.

You might be asked to submit the following documents:
· One or two latest pay stubs.
· Copy of your existing H1 approval.
· Passport copies.
· Copies of I-94 records.
· Copy of Social Security Card.
· Latest Resume.
· Copy of existing valid visa.
· Copy of all your Diploma/Degrees.

Once your transfer is submitted with the INS, it normally 3 to 8 weeks, or in some case a little more time. The time varies depending upon the location of employment and the processing office.

I am currently on an H-1B visa through Company 'A'. I am considering another offer from company 'B'.
Do I need a new H-1B visa?
When can I start working for company B?

No, you do not need a new H1B visa, the existing one will be transferred.
According to a recently passed H1B bill you can now start working for company 'B', upon the receipt of you H1B transfer case.

Upon approval of H1 transfer, is there any time limit to join the new company?
Once your H1 transfer is approved, there is no joining time limit. It is totally up to you, when you want to report to work for the new Company.

Does the H1B Cap affect the H1 transfer process?
No, the H1 transfer is a separate process, and it has nothing to do with H1 cap. It is a transfer of your existing H1 approval to a new company and is not a ‘new’ H1B.

It may not be that simple

There is always a risk of one joining a company (may be a new company) after submitting H1B papers for transfer and then the new H1B getting rejected. The candidate may land in soup then.

katrina17 said:
** H1B visa holders can change employers as soon as a H1B petition is 'submitted' to the INS by the new employer **
New H1B bill approved in the senate and House
The senate voted 96-1 to approve the new H1B bill S.2045
The House of Representatives passed the H1B visa bill (S. 2045) on a voice vote.

H-1B nonimmigrants may change jobs upon the filing of a new petition by the new employer as long as the individual is in lawful status at the time of filing and has not engaged in any unauthorized employment since his or her last lawful admission

Allows individuals who have filed for adjustment of status and whose cases have been pending for 180 days or more to change jobs or employers without affecting the validity of the I-140 or underlying labor certification, as long as the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification to the job in the original petition and labor cert.

You might be asked to submit the following documents:
· One or two latest pay stubs.
· Copy of your existing H1 approval.
· Passport copies.
· Copies of I-94 records.
· Copy of Social Security Card.
· Latest Resume.
· Copy of existing valid visa.
· Copy of all your Diploma/Degrees.

Once your transfer is submitted with the INS, it normally 3 to 8 weeks, or in some case a little more time. The time varies depending upon the location of employment and the processing office.

I am currently on an H-1B visa through Company 'A'. I am considering another offer from company 'B'.
Do I need a new H-1B visa?
When can I start working for company B?

No, you do not need a new H1B visa, the existing one will be transferred.
According to a recently passed H1B bill you can now start working for company 'B', upon the receipt of you H1B transfer case.

Upon approval of H1 transfer, is there any time limit to join the new company?
Once your H1 transfer is approved, there is no joining time limit. It is totally up to you, when you want to report to work for the new Company.

Does the H1B Cap affect the H1 transfer process?
No, the H1 transfer is a separate process, and it has nothing to do with H1 cap. It is a transfer of your existing H1 approval to a new company and is not a ‘new’ H1B.

yours_sincerely said:
There is always a risk of one joining a company (may be a new company) after submitting H1B papers for transfer and then the new H1B getting rejected. The candidate may land in soup then.

there is always premium processing..you can know in 2 weeks max...

45 day letter received

Just got an email from my lawyer that they have received a 45-day letter for my case.

yours_sincerely said:

Tru, but at least is better for you to look for every possible option instead being passive and lost hope and go home. It better for you to take a chance then not try at all. I just get my H1b extension in 1 week with premium processing. Still look for every possible way to get my LC. I'm considering PERM but I'll wait till June this year hoping PBEC clear the 2002 case by then. Cross my finger. While I submit my H1b Extension I sign in to go back to school to master program just in case my H1b get rejected.

anyway, below case is really keep my hope high and I hope it can help other people too. Cheer :p (from Immigration Voice.org).

02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
FinalGC
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2006

Labor Approvals - Twice in 1 Year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys:

This is a great forum. If any of remember ISN(www.isn.org)...I am from that batch and I was an active volunteer and Board member of that group. I even went to Capitol to knock on Congressmen's doors to approve the 245(i)....245(i) got approved..but my GC is still pending. Got laid off twice...But God has been faithful and I survived the storms. Now I am on my 8th year of H1...boy it is a long time.

I applied my GC for the 3rd time and then got laid off on Sept 30, 2005...but my RIR LC from MI ..which had gone to Dallas BEC and PD of Aug 7, 2003 got approved on Oct 6, 2005.....Unfortunately I could not use it.

My last straw....I applied for my H1 transfer and got approved through priority processing within 2 weeks. I then applied for my GC the 4th time and got into the PERM LC bandwagon. PERM Application sent on Dec 21, 2005 and guess what .....I got my PERM approval on Dec 30, 2005.......I got Labor Approval twice in 1 year.

God is still with me and the miracle happened in 9 days. I could not believe it...I have been waiting for this moment for almost 8 years....I am on my way to EB2 - I-140......

I hope this forum will succeed in its venture.

All the best...see u around on the forum.

Cheers
FinalGC

PD#11/12/2002
P2003-CA-095787**
DOL#10/06/2003
45 days letter reply March2005
PBEC Case#P-04320-00***

Last edited by a moderator:
Join ImmigrationVoice today

Hi Friends,

My apologies for writing something that deviates from the stated goal of this thread.
But what I am writing is a part of stated goal of each of you: Get GC faster.

By now you must have heard about Immigration Voice, a non-profit organization working to present Congress with legislative and administrative solutions to clean the Green Cards mess.
(http://www.immigrationvoice.org).

Last weekend I attended their all hands conference call. From that it comes out loud and clear that its a well organized and focused effort working towards alleviating our GC pain.
(ConCall for West Coast members today: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2280#post2280)

Within two months of founding the organization they have close to 1000 members and have raised about $40000.
This is not some flash in the pan efforts.

They have a very committed core team, teams working on different aspects of organizing and mobilizing the support for EB GC reforms.

The org has contracted a reputed lobbying firm Quinn Gillespie Associates to garner support for GC issues with lawmakers and the media. It has been producing results. For a sample of the results please read http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277

The grass root mobilizing effort is also very vibrant. This mail is part of that.

As you would know, the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman's markup for immigration reform is under discussion by the committee from today. The full immigration reform bill might be tabled in Senate on 27th March this year.

So you see, we do not have much time left to mobilize people and money. Hence please acts, and act fast, in your own self interest.

Join IV and contribute money, time and efforts.

Read an average Joe plain financial justification to contribute here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2302#post2302

This is the time for us to make the lawmakers and media aware of our existence and the pain.

Thanks,

nviren

irish born

Assuming your screen-name makes sense, and you or your wife is born in Ireland (or any other counry which is not affected by the retrogression) you can apply for your 140/485 when your LC is cleared. I guess this is obvious info, but just wanted to make sure you know.

irishborn said:
Well my wife and I are calling it a day. My H1-B extension should be coming through any time now, butmy lawyer suggested extending it for 3 years instead of just one because she does not see the green card coming any time soon. The problem is that even if the labor certification is processed by PBEC, there are still no numbers available.

So great, I got my letter and replied back in May 2005. Say they process my Labor certification in September of this year, there may not be an available number until 2008.

We are selling our house and going back home. Better start again with the ability to look ahead more that 1 year at a time than go through this gut wrenching BS everyday.

Good luck to everyone here, sorry I just couldn't hack it with you guys any more.

nviren said:
Hi Friends,

My apologies for writing something that deviates from the stated goal of this thread.

By now you must have heard about Immigration Voice, a non-profit organization working to present Congress with legislative and administrative solutions to clean the Green Cards mess.
(http://www.immigrationvoice.org).

Last weekend I attended their all hands conference call. From that it comes out loud and clear that its a well organized and focused effort working towards alleviating our GC pain.
(ConCall for West Coast members today: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2280#post2280)

Within two months of founding the organization they have close to 1000 members and have raised about $40000.
This is not some flash in the pan efforts.

They have a very committed core team, teams working on different aspects of organizing and mobilizing the support for EB GC reforms.

The org has contracted a reputed lobbying firm Quinn Gillespie Associates to garner support for GC issues with lawmakers and the media. It has been producing results. For a sample of the results please read http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277

The grass root mobilizing effort is also very vibrant. This mail is part of that.

As you would know, the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman's markup for immigration reform is under discussion by the committee from today. The full immigration reform bill might be tabled in Senate on 27th March this year.

So you see, we do not have much time left to mobilize people and money. Hence please acts, and act fast, in your own self interest.

Join IV and contribute money, time and efforts.

Read an average Joe plain financial justification to contribute here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2302#post2302

This is the time for us to make the lawmakers and media aware of our existence and the pain.

Thanks,

nviren
I did contribute to IV. What steps is IV taking for PBEC/DBEC ?

To me it seems heavily loaded for retrogression relief.

nviren said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks,

nviren

Apology accepted, now do us a favor and stick to IV thread and don’t come here.
If IV includes backlog elimination in bold and red then you can step in here.

bigbang2001 said:
I did contribute to IV. What steps is IV taking for PBEC/DBEC ?

To me it seems heavily loaded for retrogression relief.

The problem is there not much you can do legislatively on the BEC issue, you can't pass a law saying speed up the adjudication process or give them strict targets. No senator will support that as they would argue it will destroy balance and fairness in the process, put undue pressure and ...blah, blah blah......

We have to highlight their inefficiencies and shortcomings to the congressional immigration liasions and even to their parent agency and ask for more accoutability and transparency, cry about how taxpayer dollars are being wasted, that may be the only way to get some attention to that problem.

I have already raised my concerns with IV that they need to bring the BEC issue to the forefront and believe me it will happen, there is a lot going on in the background it is just that their postings don't reflect that and that needs to be changed.

Btw, they are having some serious meetings with staff on capitol hill and things are moving in the right direction.

clzeus10 said:
The problem is there not much you can do legislatively on the BEC issue, you can't pass a law saying speed up the adjudication process or give them strict targets. No senator will support that as they would argue it will destroy balance and fairness in the process, put undue pressure and ...blah, blah blah......

We have to highlight their inefficiencies and shortcomings to the congressional immigration liasions and even to their parent agency and ask for more accoutability and transparency, cry about how taxpayer dollars are being wasted, that may be the only way to get some attention to that problem.

I have already raised my concerns with IV that they need to bring the BEC issue to the forefront and believe me it will happen, there is a lot going on in the background it is just that their postings don't reflect that and that needs to be changed.

Btw, they are having some serious meetings with staff on capitol hill and things are moving in the right direction.

PD : Oct 2002

A person who applies later in 2004 gets approved from Dallas, a person who applies in 2001 still doesn't know when his will be approved - this is to contradict the one in dark green

Unless the one in blue is changed just keep quiet and open your mouth in IV forum.

your PD in red tells why you are worried more about retrogression now, you will get your approval in couple of months.

Just go....Just go away

Case entry and 45-Day letters

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/docs/online_manifest.xls

I understand most folks already know about this or have heard about it.

But just for those troubled souls who have not received their 45-Days letter yet, this might be of some significance.

The link above has information about when cases were shipped to backlog centers with priority date ranges. I’m guessing that PBEC folks would enter data based on dates when they received those cases. e.g. If your PD is in the cases which was received after 4/22/2005 then it might just be entered in there system in week or two and you might have just received your 45-Day letter.
However there are exceptions to everything in PBEC, I don’t know where the fault(s) lie but my guesses are, if your case was on cusp of adjudication by SWA then it was probably shipped to PBEC at very last moment. Also if your case made it to Regional office then you have no data in above link, so your case might be in different universe.

However I think the above link serves some purpose to folks whose case never made to regional and was not even close to being reviewed by SWA offices.

Hope this gives some rest to folks still waiting for 45-Day letter.

For stressTest

StressTest,
Premium processing has always been there. My comment was only about the post that Katrina put, especially, the following line:

This has changed as opposed to the earlier regulation that the employee could join as soon as she got a Receipt letter from Department of Homeland Security.

This is off-topic for the thread but people who are looking forward to finding out how to file for H1B extensions without lawyers can email me at desipins@hotmail.com. No fees, no strings attached, just want to share what I know and have successfully done for myself.

StressTestInUSA said:
there is always premium processing..you can know in 2 weeks max...

Cric said:
PD : Oct 2002

A person who applies later in 2004 gets approved from Dallas, a person who applies in 2001 still doesn't know when his will be approved - this is to contradict the one in dark green

Unless the one in blue is changed just keep quiet and open your mouth in IV forum.

your PD in red tells why you are worried more about retrogression now, you will get your approval in couple of months.

Just go....Just go away

Instead of posting stupid negative comments and interpreting everying to fit your screwed up perspective, you need to really shut up. How the hell did you interpret that I am more worried about retrogression than labor??? Are you that confident ot PBEC's abilities to process things in order?

I am infact least worried about retrogression as I am EB-2 and I am sure in a couple of months dates are going to be close to Oct-02 regardless, so shut the hell up if you don't know what you are talking about.

Thank god at least there are some people who are willing to stand up and do some real goddamn work to make a difference, and I am not taking sides here, be it IV or Immigration Portal, but lazy asses like you are good for nothing.

And btw, with 10 freakin posts behind you, you moron, you think you own this forum and can tell people to go elsewhere? Are you really that retarded?

Next time you open your mouth try not to be stupid, oh wait, may be you were born like that.