Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

greynicolls said:
2/09/06 received a reply from the info address ( was not a screen shot but a regular e mail) and the case number was P-05130-xxxx

based on this i was thinking that somewhere between 1/25/06 and 2/09/06 the case was fully entered and the T changed to a P......

some experienced person here..i think it was stress test answered a similar question and said in the next month or two i should receive the 45 day letter......

havent seen n e thing yet, and have e mailed queires on info, status, and even hib7yr again today......keeping my fingers crossed, but am a little worried too now....

ahhh I see, the letter was generated late January/early Feb. Don't panic, wait until end of March and if you don't receive the letter, you could ask your HR to write a letter to PBEC as I mentioned earlier.

jack_xie said:
Is anybody managing PBEC tracking table or something like that? Where is it? I couldn't find it. I want to put mine into tracker.

go back one level from this forum, the tracker is maintained in the BEC Priority Date Tracker forum.

saknia said:
Hi Tanveer

The doubt here is not whether one can file 485 & 140 concurrently.(Living here and sleeping here I will be the stupidest guy if I don't know that

Do you know whether any one who has filed I140 first and beofre it got approved his Visa data became current and then he filed 485 and it was accepted by USCIS.

Although I do not know the exact anwser for this, I think it would be really wierd for someone who has filed 140 and then when dates are current is not able to file 485.
If we can file 140 and 485 together I think we are also allowed to file 485 when dates are current even if 140 is still pending. Not able to file 485 doesnt make any sense, but there are lot of things in this immigration system which are not making sense.

Kiran,

It your priority date is in May 2002, right. But I see some June 2002 cases being approved by the PBEC, in this forun. My lawyers are also Fragomen... and they gave me the same advise regarding PERM. I am in 8th year H1 B extension.

MY PD is 31st July 2002

kiran00 said:
Dear Fellow sufferers:

I just got off conference call with my lawyers regarding filing PERM. Since I have less than an year on H1B left, they said that its unwise to file PERM as they have to spend time in Recruitment which will take another 120 days. Anyways, whatever the case they were reluctant to file PERM by making me believe that there is no guarantee that PD will be retained. Lawyer mentioned that its foolish to go for PERM bcoz, if sh.. happens, I loose the PD and will be in "that"

On a different note, she mentioned that they talked to PBEC? regarding these approvals and told that PBEC likes to approve RIRs first as they do not need further recruitment. They said they are gettings approvals around "my" time framing for RIR candidates . When I asked to make a guestimate for my case, she mentioned that, my labor will be approved in next 3 - 4 months atmost.

For whatever the reason, I guess I will (though "guess" and "will" two different moods) wait till it gets approved... If you are in similar situation, it may be worth waiting rather than going for PERM.... else you may be risking PD...

FRAGOMEN is my lawyers office if it ever interests you...

thats 2 anas.....

Kiran00

Advised to wait..

I work for IBM too and my PD is July 2003.

Fraggomen gave me the same suggestion. Just wait for the Traditional app to go through rather than lose PD. I am on my 6th year H1, which expires March 2007.

PD: July 8 2003
EB3 TR
45 Day letter recd: Nov 10 2005
45 Day letter repld: Dec 10 2005

breathe easy.

greynicolls said:
bostonqa...first of all thanks for replying..and i do agree with you and am trying to get another screen shot somehow........this is a more detailed picture of what happened please let me know what u think

1/24/06 two e mails were sent, one at the hib7yr address and one at the info address.......

1/25/06 received a reply from the hib7yr adress (it was a screen shot) and the case number in the screen shot was T-05130-xxxx

2/09/06 received a reply from the info address ( was not a screen shot but a regular e mail) and the case number was P-05130-xxxx

based on this i was thinking that somewhere between 1/25/06 and 2/09/06 the case was fully entered and the T changed to a P......

some experienced person here..i think it was stress test answered a similar question and said in the next month or two i should receive the 45 day letter......

havent seen n e thing yet, and have e mailed queires on info, status, and even hib7yr again today......keeping my fingers crossed, but am a little worried too now....

Relax.
Let’s assume they finished entering your case details on 2/09/06. Let’s also assume it took them 2-3 days to send you 45 day letter. And it took USPS a week to deliver your 45-Day letter. You should have your letter by now.

It could very well be that it took them more time to issue your 45-Day letter. But I won’t assume that.
The first thing you need to do is. Ask your lawyer where all the correspondence related to the case goes, usually this is your lawyer mailing address.
If this address has changed then you better ask them to start monitoring mails or ask if they are still getting mails from old address to new address.
If you don’t get 45-Day letter by mid march or so, ask your lawyer to call PBEC and inquire about it.

greyincolls...

Give them sone time atleast a month or 2 for them to send out 45 day letters...We r assumung that 45 day letters r not being printed issued on a daily basis...Keep your lawyer informed and the employer..both of them will get a copy each...keep all the paperwork ready to reply it back in 2-3 days...

Dont panic..2/09 is like 9-10 working days for PBEC and not 24 minus 9 days like the way we look at it...

Prem Is Dngerous

Guys

Its very risky to file prem and retain old pd . If your prem is denied you loose your pd it means you have to start everything from scratch .

Anyway if you want to go for prem you still need six months to complete the whole papaer work .

One of my friend tried to file by keeping his old pd but his prem was denided and he lost his pd for November 2001

I HONNESTLY FEEL SMART ATRRONIES ARE ADVISING THEIR CLIENTS NOT TO FILE PREM

TANVEER

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...

really, they hire H1 ???
I thought IBM only hired residents ... I graduated 5 years ago and they do not hire any F1 students...

hopelessNJ said:
Yes. Its true.. Nowadays they have reduced H1 processing too.. I also work for IBM..

thanks guys

i just wanted to thank u all for helping me out.....specially boston n stresstest....today was a bad bad day.....n now at around 8 i am so stressed out that it seems like someone took a baseball bat to my spine.......

as u people have suggested i will wait till mid march and hopefully things will work out....and if someone could please enlighten me a little bit as to waht documents to get ready for the future i will appreciate it

n on another note tanveer......i was literally forcing m attorney to switch to perm n keeo the same pd.......but they did not relent until they convinced me......

n e way

keep on truckin guys

Shall we keep IBM out of PBEC thread.

Alternatively we can bring Sun, Cisco, Oracle .... also and discuss their immigration policies.

LC approved

Been a silent reader on this board for a long time. I finally received my LC approval this week after 4.5 years. Got the letter from my company lawyer but I didn't received at home. My case info is below.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you will get your LC soon.

What to say than Pray !!!!!!!!

Hi

The fight is on and will remain on till the seize ends in glory.

My PD is Nov 14 th 2001, received my 45 day's letter on the 14th of March 2005, replied affirmative the very next day so called 15th of March 2005, RIR/EB2, SWA-NY P-05032-47XXX.

Can anyone throw some daylight how long is the journey going to be? Looks like I am struck in a Black Hole.

Cheeka.

I see so many desperate posts in this thread. It is very understandable. From the very beginning the labor certification process was anything but fair. The applicants could get approved in weeks or wait for years depending on the state where they filed from. After the introduction of BEC the situation has worsened to unimaginable extents especially in PBEC. They behave like an ultimate power uncontrolled by anyone.
Many people here scream "We need to do something! Do something!".

Yes we are trying to do. What we need is your small financial support.
The fund collection should move much faster than it is moving now. If we are going to support the lawsuit as many have promised here and just are not in hurry to send out the check are we our self better than PBEC?
If we are not going to support it so why to publish so frustrated posts here.
The majority of us probably think: " Well they need $10,000 so does my $10 or even $100 matter? I will better buy a toy for my kid"
This is not good guys we get what we deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
landscape gardeners

why landscape gardeners in the north east do not cualify for permanent labor certification or does any one in this forum have had a labor approved based on this job offer, thanks for your answers.

Elcheramirez said:
why landscape gardeners in the north east do not cualify for permanent labor certification or does any one in this forum have had a labor approved based on this job offer, thanks for your answers.
I know that some profesions that before have worked ok to apply dont do it anymore
there is some similar jobs to landskeepers that could be use to apply
look for a good atorney

sbdol said:
I see so many desperate posts in this thread. It is very understandable. From the very beginning the labor certification process was anything but fair. The applicants could get approved in weeks or wait for years depending on the state where they filed from. After the introduction of BEC the situation has worsened to unimaginable extents especially in PBEC. They behave like an ultimate power uncontrolled by anyone.
Many people here scream "We need to do something! Do something!".

Yes we are trying to do. What we need is your small financial support.
The fund collection should move much faster than it is moving now. If we are going to support the lawsuit as many have promised here and just are not in hurry to send out the check are we our self better than PBEC?
If we are not going to support it so why to publish so frustrated posts here.
The majority of us probably think: " Well they need $10,000 so does my $10 or even $100 matter? I will better buy a toy for my kid"
This is not good guys we get what we deserve.

where should the checks be send
and what is the use that the money is going to have?
I think everyone have more concerns about the results rather than the process

45 days letter

My case is filed in VA
Priority Date: Jan2004

Is there any one who got 45 days letter with similar priority date?

Pls let me know

Thanks