Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

bassfisherman said:
Wrong!

You can always file your I-485 once your PD is current no matter your I-140 has been approved or not.

Some attorney has doubts on Concurrent filing in these type of cases ( whn I140 is done first and 485 filing before approval of I140.) .Not very sure on this. Check I140 forum or with an Attorney

Question to Bassfisherman: Do you know anyone wjo has filed like that successfully

kiran00 said:
Dear Fellow sufferers:

I just got off conference call with my lawyers regarding filing PERM. Since I have less than an year on H1B left, they said that its unwise to file PERM as they have to spend time in Recruitment which will take another 120 days. Anyways, whatever the case they were reluctant to file PERM by making me believe that there is no guarantee that PD will be retained. Lawyer mentioned that its foolish to go for PERM bcoz, if sh.. happens, I loose the PD and will be in "that"

On a different note, she mentioned that they talked to PBEC? regarding these approvals and told that PBEC likes to approve RIRs first as they do not need further recruitment. They said they are gettings approvals around "my" time framing for RIR candidates . When I asked to make a guestimate for my case, she mentioned that, my labor will be approved in next 3 - 4 months atmost.

For whatever the reason, I guess I will (though "guess" and "will" two different moods) wait till it gets approved... If you are in similar situation, it may be worth waiting rather than going for PERM.... else you may be risking PD...

FRAGOMEN is my lawyers office if it ever interests you...

thats 2 anas.....

Kiran00

true...why you want to even finger with a PD of May2002 ...that too from PBEC favourite boxes of VA/MD etc.... cant imagine losing the PD and coming back to a mid 2006 PD..

hang on...it will happen..!!

sbdol said:
With all my skepticism towards PBEC I must say 3 approvals a day in our tracker is almost enough to clear the backlog in 18 months. My reasoning is the following,
There are total 180,000 cases in PBEC I read somewhere that they managed to process 10% in 16 months. So we are left with 162,000 cases. Let's say 2000 were closed because the employers were not interested anymore,
So we have 160,000 unprocessed cases. We also have 581 unapproved cases in our tracker for PBEC. 160,000 / 581 = 275. In other words every reported here case is equal to 275 real cases.
So 3 today's reports are really 825 approved cases.

It would be true if everybody registers in the tracker BEFORE his case is approved and we only update the entry. If somebody posts approval that is not in the tracker we'd better not count it. That way we can keep the statistics much more accurate.
As the time goes on and more users register in the tracker and the ammount of unprocessed cases in PBEC decreases we would need to revise these statements.
What bothers me the most that there are sudden splashes of approvals here and there and then long silent periods. So I totally agree we cannot afford any sluck and we should be pushing DOL by all possible means.
The lawsuit will certanly speedup the processing.

What a logic is that!?!..
You say in 16months 10% got approved, and expect that in 18months 90% will be approved...
My lawyer hasn't received 60% of the 45-day letters yet... :rolleyes:

bostonqa said:
Don’t mean to scare you, but you should check your case status.

There was a case the other day that got closed, which has similar PD as yours

i know u didn't mean to :) but u sure did n e way..........
i sent case status queries to the info and status e mail addresses, and faxed one over at 484-270-1600, in addition to that made my boss call 484-270-1500 and the response from there was the same usual bs

please update tracker with correct case number

the case number was a typo in haste......apologies about that...

this number is the correct number

this was the last response i received from them, when i emailed at the info e mail address........n e one knows if it means n e thing by awaiting furhter review by a analyst or it is just more bs...

Dear Requestor:

The subject case P-05130-XXXX has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

mayhemNYC said:
What a logic is that!?!..
You say in 16months 10% got approved, and expect that in 18months 90% will be approved...
My lawyer hasn't received 60% of the 45-day letters yet... :rolleyes:

10% got approved inspite of all the data entry and sending letters.
as and when the data entry and sending letters gets completed more and more cases will be taken up for approval, I am thinking 18 months is a realistic period.

Skina

One can file I-140 / I-485 concurrently if PD is current.

Even if I-140 is not approved and your pd is current you can file I-485

This is very simple law.

There is no harm in filling concurrently .

kiran00 said:
Dear Fellow sufferers:

I just got off conference call with my lawyers regarding filing PERM. Since I have less than an year on H1B left, they said that its unwise to file PERM as they have to spend time in Recruitment which will take another 120 days. Anyways, whatever the case they were reluctant to file PERM by making me believe that there is no guarantee that PD will be retained. Lawyer mentioned that its foolish to go for PERM bcoz, if sh.. happens, I loose the PD and will be in "that"

On a different note, she mentioned that they talked to PBEC? regarding these approvals and told that PBEC likes to approve RIRs first as they do not need further recruitment. They said they are gettings approvals around "my" time framing for RIR candidates . When I asked to make a guestimate for my case, she mentioned that, my labor will be approved in next 3 - 4 months atmost.

For whatever the reason, I guess I will (though "guess" and "will" two different moods) wait till it gets approved... If you are in similar situation, it may be worth waiting rather than going for PERM.... else you may be risking PD...

FRAGOMEN is my lawyers office if it ever interests you...

thats 2 anas.....

Kiran00

YOUR ATTRONEY IS CORRECT . SHE LOOKS LIKE A SMART LAWYER

tanveer666 said:
YOUR ATTRONEY IS CORRECT . SHE LOOKS LIKE A SMART LAWYER

I am not sure how she looks... never met her in person... she sounded smart though... just kidding -- on a lighternote... ;)

Thats what I am realizing.. its better to know whats going on rather than just going with the flow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My company lawyers are fragomen too... by the way i work for IBM

kiran00 said:
I am not sure how she looks... never met her in person... she sounded smart though... just kidding -- on a lighternote... ;)

Thats what I am realizing.. its better to know whats going on rather than just going with the flow...

45-Day letter

greynicolls said:
this was the last response i received from them, when i emailed at the info e mail address........n e one knows if it means n e thing by awaiting furhter review by a analyst or it is just more bs...

Dear Requestor:

The subject case P-05130-XXXX has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

I'll be more specific.

Your case # P-05130 and your PD 2002 seems to be too old to have not received 45-Day letter.

Find out my any means that they have not issued your 45-Day letter yet. They will keep saying that your case is pending etc. and one fine day will close your case saying, "you never responded to 45-Day letter".

Where to find the PBEC tracking record?

Is anybody managing PBEC tracking table or something like that? Where is it? I couldn't find it. I want to put mine into tracker.

bostonqa said:
I'll be more specific.

Your case # P-05130 and your PD 2002 seems to be too old to have not received 45-Day letter.

Find out my any means that they have not issued your 45-Day letter yet. They will keep saying that your case is pending etc. and one fine day will close your case saying, "you never responded to 45-Day letter".

bostonqa...first of all thanks for replying..and i do agree with you and am trying to get another screen shot somehow........this is a more detailed picture of what happened please let me know what u think

1/24/06 two e mails were sent, one at the hib7yr address and one at the info address.......

1/25/06 received a reply from the hib7yr adress (it was a screen shot) and the case number in the screen shot was T-05130-xxxx

2/09/06 received a reply from the info address ( was not a screen shot but a regular e mail) and the case number was P-05130-xxxx

based on this i was thinking that somewhere between 1/25/06 and 2/09/06 the case was fully entered and the T changed to a P......

some experienced person here..i think it was stress test answered a similar question and said in the next month or two i should receive the 45 day letter......

havent seen n e thing yet, and have e mailed queires on info, status, and even hib7yr again today......keeping my fingers crossed, but am a little worried too now....

Please Comment

Backlog Projection on DOL Website

We noticed an announcement of sorts on the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) WebSite in mid-February 2006 regarding the timeframe for clearing the labor certification backlogs at the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs). There is now a counter in the PERM section of the DOL WebSite indicating that the backlog will be eliminated by September 30, 2007. The counter reads, "Eighteen Months to Go."

We note that there is no such update in the Backlog Center portion of the DOL WebSite. We also note that we have not seen any increase in the number of cases being approved by the BPCs. At the Murthy Law Firm, we continue to see a sporadic trickle of approvals from the BPCs. It is questionable, therefore, whether the "eighteen months to go" is a realistic timeframe or just an optimistic goal.

It would be helpful to receive some more concrete information from the DOL on the number of cases adjudicated and the number of cases still to be processed at the BPCs. It also would be helpful to have more specifics on the DOL's progress in terms of case types being processed (RIR, non-RIR, and any other classifications), states of those files being processed (We have received approvals from many states, but there are other states on which the DOL does not seem to have even started work.), and priority dates on which work is being done in the different case categories.

FROM MURTHY.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
tanveer666 said:
Skina

One can file I-140 / I-485 concurrently if PD is current.

Even if I-140 is not approved and your pd is current you can file I-485

This is very simple law.

There is no harm in filling concurrently .

Hi Tanveer

The doubt here is not whether one can file 485 & 140 concurrently.(Living here and sleeping here I will be the stupidest guy if I don't know that

Do you know whether any one who has filed I140 first and beofre it got approved his Visa data became current and then he filed 485 and it was accepted by USCIS.

Response I got from Phily

I sent an email to info@phi.dflc.us now and this is the reply I got from them
"You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet website:

www.plc.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

tanveer666 said:
Backlog Projection on DOL Website

We noticed an announcement of sorts on the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) WebSite in mid-February 2006 regarding the timeframe for clearing the labor certification backlogs at the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs). There is now a counter in the PERM section of the DOL WebSite indicating that the backlog will be eliminated by September 30, 1997. The counter reads, "Eighteen Months to Go."

FROM MURTHY.COM

Tanveer : what does the one in Red mean?... :)

bostonqa said:
I'll be more specific.

I agree with Bostonqa, if I were greynichols, I would ask my HR to send a letter to PBEC confirming the case is to be processed, attaching the screenshot. Don't wait for the lawyers, they will never be proactive, they only react. In this case, they will wait until the case has been closed to do anything.