Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gc9906 said:
My labor application was closed by PBEC in error. I'm trying to re-open it. It seems it's hard and PEBC is very slow. I just got Canadian Immigration approve notice. My 7th year H1 extension will wxpired in July, 2006. I really don't know how to do right now. Do I need go to Canada and till I get Citizen there or just stay one year and come back with a new 6 year H1-B? If I'm permanent resident in Canada, do I still apply H1-B if I want to work in USA? Any reply will be appreciate!
Have you got any vacation time which has not been used for H1 extension ?
If yes then use it to extend your H1.

See if that time can be used to get the necessary paperwork done through PBEC to get your case reopened.

So...
It's already 19-th and the http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/ says:

NOTE: This website will be unavailable on Friday, Feb. 17 at 7PM until Saturday, Feb. 18 at 9 pm for routine maintenance. .

I am afraid the same thing will we with the text that follows:
"18 Months remaining" it may stay there well after 9/30/2007 .

Can they do at least something in time !!!!!

gc9906 said:
My labor application was closed by PBEC in error. I'm trying to re-open it. It seems it's hard and PEBC is very slow. I just got Canadian Immigration approve notice. My 7th year H1 extension will wxpired in July, 2006. I really don't know how to do right now. Do I need go to Canada and till I get Citizen there or just stay one year and come back with a new 6 year H1-B? If I'm permanent resident in Canada, do I still apply H1-B if I want to work in USA? Any reply will be appreciate!

Coming back on a new H1 is not an option I think..!! then your new PD will be somewhere around 2007 end...even after a couple of years your current PD of 2003 looks very important to come out of this shit..

you have to live in Canada for tleast 2.5yrs I guess to apply for citizenship..i.e somewhere around 2008 end u will get Canadian citizenship ..

I read it in the canadaian thread in this forum tht some guys live along the Canadaian border and work in the US and cross borders each day to maintain status on both the sides of the border...check out if that is possible for you..it all depends on your personal factors about marriages..kids..family..if u r single maybe you can take this chance..

A PR from Canada is only good in Canada..we cant work in the US with the Canadian PR..If u r a Canadaian citizen, u need to take a TN Visa at the border for each year to come across here and work...

check in the Canadian thread in this forum..u can get a lot of info about this...infact there were some debates also about pros and cons about this step...

So Far No Sign

Folks

So far we have not seen any signs that this whole mess will be over in 18 months

we still are looking for flood of approvals if this 18 months slogan is true

TANVEER

Confusion

Guys-need some input. According to DOL website cases from NY regional office are being processed by Atlanta Processing Center- I was under impression that they are by Philly- that might explain why getting no answer about status from Philly-but do you think Atlanta is any better ??? and is anyone in similar situation?

tanveer666 said:
Folks

So far we have not seen any signs that this whole mess will be over in 18 months

we still are looking for flood of approvals if this 18 months slogan is true

TANVEER
Forget about eliminating backlog, they can't keep their word for 45day letters. It is almost march, only 3 months is left until june. My PD is Jan'03 I haven't received that stupid letter. So do many people... With this speed it will take at least another 1.5 yrs to send all the 45day letters. Do not forget the fact that many of the applications are from the yrs 04 and 05.

Multiple Filings Under the old LC Process

Team:
do you know if an employer was allowed to file multiple labor certifications for different positions for the "same" employer? For example could company ABC file 2 Labor Certifications (one for Oracle DB Admin and another for Java Programmer) for the same employee, assuming he/she has the qualitifications. I am asking about the OLD LC methods not PERM... Thanks.

4MyWife said:
Team:
do you know if an employer was allowed to file multiple labor certifications for different positions for the "same" employer? For example could company ABC file 2 Labor Certifications (one for Oracle DB Admin and another for Java Programmer) for the same employee, assuming he/she has the qualitifications. I am asking about the OLD LC methods not PERM... Thanks.
There is no provsion you cannot.
In fact when one uses a substitute labor while wainting for another one he technically is hired for another position. Also some people in this forun were approved under PERM while their another application was waiting in BEC.
I guess somebody's smart lawyer could file another application in the middle of the road to be on the safe side.

nyprog-8-27 said:
Guys-need some input. According to DOL website cases from NY regional office are being processed by Atlanta Processing Center- I was under impression that they are by Philly- that might explain why getting no answer about status from Philly-but do you think Atlanta is any better ??? and is anyone in similar situation?

You probably are looking at the PERM page.
The information you need is at:
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp#whichcenter

BEC to PERM conversion without losing priority date

Tanveer/Sakina,

Do you have any idea about BEC RIR to PERM conversion. If that is more effect in terms of time, why don't we all follow that path. As news are coming, Immigration Reforms Act and even otherwise too, priority dates may move faster. If someone can put light on pulling the case from BECs and filing it under PERM without losing priority date.

dhan007 said:
Tanveer/Sakina,

Do you have any idea about BEC RIR to PERM conversion. If that is more effect in terms of time, why don't we all follow that path. As news are coming, Immigration Reforms Act and even otherwise too, priority dates may move faster. If someone can put light on pulling the case from BECs and filing it under PERM without losing priority date.
I considered that option.

Pros
----
If all goes well in 5-6 months time you have a labor with old Priority date.

Cons
-----
-If for some reason PERM is rejected you loose the labor filed in BEC.
-Any whimsical reason like different name of HR person on two petitions is a reason for cancellation for PERM

You can look in PERM thread and the last I remember someone was successful in doing that.

We Beat DBEc on this atleast

Thanks to Tanveer & StressTESTUSA

We beat DBEC with the No of Posts

Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
No of Posts 10,656

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
No of Posts 10,936

I can hear people grumbling in the back : Does it matter !!! Give me my Labor and Iam Gone

I heard yesterday from one of attorney Murthy's employee that the backlog centers were running out of funding and that they may close. Has anybody heard anything alike that would confirm the rumor ?

45 Day Letter

My attorney sent me an email saying that she received 45 day letter and the following. Do you what she meant. Here is what she wrote. I'm waiting for the copy she will send after replying 45 day letter.

"I am completing it and attending to the one item requested (new back to back forms) and will return it as promptly as possible."

Thx
SAIK

saik said:
My attorney sent me an email saying that she received 45 day letter and the following. Do you what she meant. Here is what she wrote. I'm waiting for the copy she will send after replying 45 day letter.

"I am completing it and attending to the one item requested (new back to back forms) and will return it as promptly as possible."

Thx
SAIK

One Item could be Consent of Employer for continuing that Petition or other details. Since she says that she will work on it I will assume that is it is Consent. Either employer or Lawyer can do that

Just after she sends that send an e mail and confirm about that Receiot in 2 weeks time.

GC process

Hi: My case is stuck at PBEC (PD Oct 2001; MD; 45letter replied in July2005). I have lost my patience and have decided to not worry about my GC process, but instead go back to school full time for a MBA in the US or Europe (not keen on doing it part time). If I wait for a GC I am thinking it would be atleast another 2 or more years.

I am thinking of applying for Aug 2007.

Thinking out loud what should be my strategy:
. Work on my applications
. Apply for H1B extension since my 6yrs on H1B ends on Dec 2006. (I have been with the same company since 2000).
. When I get admitted, I can ask my company if they would be willing to continue my GC processing while I go to school. (If they say NO, I am OK with it; GC is no longer a top priority for me)
. If they agree, is there any legal requirements that I should keep in mind: like I should be in the US till I get the GC; etc. (I realize that I will have to work for the company once I get my GC. But do I have to start working as soon as I get my GC? What if I get the GC before I finish up school?)

Anything else that I should think about?

I would like to hear from others who have been through a similar decision process.

Thanks.

bigbang2001 said:
Have you got any vacation time which has not been used for H1 extension ?
If yes then use it to extend your H1.

See if that time can be used to get the necessary paperwork done through PBEC to get your case reopened.

Thanks bigbang2001! I'm so frustrated right now. Thanks for your useful idea. I will try to ask my attorney about that. Actually, I just have two or three weeks vacation time.

mrvgson said:
Hi: My case is stuck at PBEC (PD Oct 2001; MD; 45letter replied in July2005). I have lost my patience and have decided to not worry about my GC process, but instead go back to school full time for a MBA in the US or Europe (not keen on doing it part time). If I wait for a GC I am thinking it would be atleast another 2 or more years.

I am thinking of applying for Aug 2007.

Thinking out loud what should be my strategy:
. Work on my applications
. Apply for H1B extension since my 6yrs on H1B ends on Dec 2006. (I have been with the same company since 2000).
. When I get admitted, I can ask my company if they would be willing to continue my GC processing while I go to school. (If they say NO, I am OK with it; GC is no longer a top priority for me)
. If they agree, is there any legal requirements that I should keep in mind: like I should be in the US till I get the GC; etc. (I realize that I will have to work for the company once I get my GC. But do I have to start working as soon as I get my GC? What if I get the GC before I finish up school?)

Anything else that I should think about?

I would like to hear from others who have been through a similar decision process.

Thanks.

Wait out 2006, after you get GC,u can think what you want to do seriously,
you have waited sooo long, another 10 months, should not be that bad....
If any help to you, i am in my 8th year H1-B!!

StressTestInUSA said:
Coming back on a new H1 is not an option I think..!! then your new PD will be somewhere around 2007 end...even after a couple of years your current PD of 2003 looks very important to come out of this shit..

you have to live in Canada for tleast 2.5yrs I guess to apply for citizenship..i.e somewhere around 2008 end u will get Canadian citizenship ..

I read it in the canadaian thread in this forum tht some guys live along the Canadaian border and work in the US and cross borders each day to maintain status on both the sides of the border...check out if that is possible for you..it all depends on your personal factors about marriages..kids..family..if u r single maybe you can take this chance..

A PR from Canada is only good in Canada..we cant work in the US with the Canadian PR..If u r a Canadaian citizen, u need to take a TN Visa at the border for each year to come across here and work...

check in the Canadian thread in this forum..u can get a lot of info about this...infact there were some debates also about pros and cons about this step...

Thanks, StressTestInUSA! Thanks for your useful analysis. I'm not a single. I have a family with two kids. My elder son already study in Middle School. I have another queation, if I file a lawsuit against PBEC to seek a fair judgement. During this period, is that count legal stay in USA until the case has a result? another thing, my company has a employee left company, but his labor got approved after he left. My attroney said, even I can use it for applying I-140, i still can not use it for renew my H1-B extension. By the way, this colleague's PD is beginning of 2005. Thanks for any reply!