Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

tb2904 said:
Friends:

Today my employer lawyer today me that they have received and responded to 45 day letter from the Backlog Elimination Center. They didn't tell me when they recieved or replied back to the letter. Also, they indicated that now they are awaiting for the recruitment instructions to be issued by the Backlog Elimination Center.

Few questions:
1. What is the process now and estimated timeline?
2. How long does it take to get the recruitment instructions once you replied back to the 45 day letter?
3. Based on info that lawyer has replied back to the letter recently ...how long it would take for the labor certification ...ballpark?

Thanks,
--------------------------
PD: Aug 2004
State: VA, NONRIR

tb, sorry to say, but if your lawyers recommended filing TR in Aug/2004, they made a big mistake ... I can't see a reason why anyone would file TR, especially knowing that the backlog was already huge, makes no sense to me. If you still have the option, you should file PERM asap.

problem is that TR will be the last to be touched, I believe ... well, let's hope for the best.

Good to see you whatTheHeck

Hey whattheheck,
Good to see you dude. Keep visiting us once in a while. Funny post.. :D I am already planning how,when someday I have a child, I will teach her/him to go and read messages on this website. Plans like lobbying for posthumously providing green card are also on the anvil...tried this letter-sending thing for quite a while...gotta find something new to do :)

whatheheck said:
Hi StressTest, what happend to your case? Was it not approved already?

:eek: Philly BEC - Shocking !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nervewreck
All,
Check this:
Especially for non-tech and non RIR workers:

Go to: http://atwork.nypost.com/
In "Search Keywords", enter: "484-270-1600"

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Or even better, Just Google your P-05xxx-xxxxx number to see if there was an Ad, out there in NY Post.

Truely amazing...completely insecure !
Philly BEC ETA# P-05234-06xxx
10/2005 - H1 7yr Ext.
11/9/2005 - Received 45 day letter
11/29/2005 - Response sent.

================================================
Hello, guys! I found this shocking fact from other posting -new york tracker
I just checked myself what nervewreck said above...
What this means? I hope this doesn't mean PBEC is assisting to hire a foreigner for employers who have approved LCs but no candidates.
However, I can't believe that PBEC is advertising lots of various job for their org.-teacher, cook, salon manager...).
I see why they are not concentrating on eliminating backlog?
I hope they are not doing this for money. That means a real big lawsuit!

key1973 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this means? I hope this doesn't mean PBEC is assisting to hire a foreigner for employers who have approved LCs but no candidates.
However, I can't believe that PBEC is advertising lots of various job for their org.-teacher, cook, salon manager...).

They have also done that at careerbuilder.com .... and I bet a ton of other job websites .... They are moving forward with TR cases and proceeding with the recruitment :eek:

And we were bad mouthing them for doing nothing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor approved

I got a call from my attorney that my labor finally got approved. It has two days to 4 years old.
PD 02/19/2002
DC/EB2/RIR
45-day letter 01/2005

Thanks for all providing good information to this tracker.

Go NON-RIR....

labordrags said:
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=company:"Philadelphia+Backlog+Elimination+Recruitment+Center"&l=

check the above link, and you will see all the posting made by PBEC.

NON RIR folks may see some light at the end of tunnel after this PBECs effort is completed.

Also, it does have few IT jobs posting as well. Good Luck

Finally some action!

Wonder if the employer is informed about this recruitment effort...
who is funding the recruitment process - PBEC or the employer??????
anybody been able to track the duration a job posting has been up for?

gurus...any insights?

really shocking news !!!

This is f****ng unbelieveable. This should be reported to anti corruption agency !!!
Good report guys !!!

key1973 said:

Nervewreck
All,
Check this:

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Or even better, Just Google your P-05xxx-xxxxx number to see if there was an Ad, out there in NY Post.

10/2005 - H1 7yr Ext.

Looks like DOL is carrying out recruiting efforts. I think if they get enough responses for a particular ad, they'll say we've enough US citizens for this position, so we can't approve the labor petition..

key1973 said:

Nervewreck
All,
Check this:

10/2005 - H1 7yr Ext.

Hey Guys, people at immigrationvoice.org from MD/DC/VA are meeting up this Sunday for a networking/strategizing meeting and to plan the next course of action.

I participated in the conference call they had and it was very interesting, some really motivated people are devoting a good amount of their time so we should help in any way we can.

I know I am going and we have a lot of guys here from VA too. Let's meet up for once and hopefully we can coordinate a better response.

See this post

BarneySha said:
Finally some action!

Wonder if the employer is informed about this recruitment effort...
who is funding the recruitment process - PBEC or the employer??????
anybody been able to track the duration a job posting has been up for?

gurus...any insights?

This calls for a Lawsuit if some one is Rejected using these Ad

Mainly beacuse they cannot use the rates of 2001 & 2002 (which were higher based on Pay that time) now and try to do recruitment and say they have someone available. They created backlog and now we are in here at 2006 and they want to do recruitment with that Condition

In fact Employers should Join lawsuit based on this and say Because of Backlog they lost Business opportunities and the resultant loss of profit because they could not get the Labor they wanted that time.

Non RIR people Wake up and Join Law suit immediately.

Looking for anyone in this forum whose lawyer or employer got recruitment instructions. Its very unlikely that PBEC would spend money on adverts. They must have contacted the applicant or their representatives.

From the ads it looks like most jobs are for 245iers with some stray engg/IT types which means the PDs are probably from april end 2001.

labordrags said:
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=company:"Philadelphia+Backlog+Elimination+Recruitment+Center"&l=

check the above link, and you will see all the posting made by PBEC.

NON RIR folks may see some light at the end of tunnel after this PBECs effort is completed.

Also, it does have few IT jobs posting as well. Good Luck

WAIT_N_4GC said:
This is unbelieveable. This should be reported to anti corruption agency !!!
Good report guys !!!
Example case which I looked. It has their address too..
Cabinet Maker (NY, NY) Make/install all types of cabinets in kitch/bthrm/other wood fixtures s/a office cabinet/desk. Study blueprints. Match material for grain/ color/ texture. Stain/ varnish/ finish wood. Install hrdware. 40h/w, 8am-4:30pm, $18hr, 2yr/exp. Send res: Backlog Elimination Ctr, Employment/ Training Adm., Div. of Foreign Labor Cert. 1 Belmont Av. #220, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 or fax: 484-270-1600, incl ID: 25386770/P-05034-49800 cbo-9

Philly backlog hell

This is really shocking. Philly claimed that they have sent a NOF to my employer and myself back in January 5, 2006. We are supposed to respond to it within 35 days. Guess what..! Neither my employer or my lawyer nor I have received anything from Philly.

I found this shocking news after I enquired about my case via the NJ Governor's office. Can you believe this? Technically, my file would have been denied as it already pass 35 days. I cannot believe this is happening. My lawyer has contacted Philly to let them know we did not received the NOF and requested for a new NOF with another 35 days to respond. Becareful guys...! Good thing I enquired about my case or else I would only know after receiving the denial letter.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05

canonrir said:
Looking for anyone in this forum whose lawyer or employer got recruitment instructions. Its very unlikely that PBEC would spend money on adverts. They must have contacted the applicant or their representatives.

From the ads it looks like most jobs are for 245iers with some stray engg/IT types which means the PDs are probably from april end 2001.

I think they can might as well reject that labor filed instead of doing all these recruitment efforts...When i googled I have seen even openings for Nurses ...

If at all ..it must be the employer who has the right to advt rather than PBEC..but still, it looks suspiciuos....and we were wondering that they r not working at all...!!

canonrir said:

These could be General EB3 as well. I doubt whther any serious Recruitment effort will be done for 245i as they are kind of amnesty. As long as those guys has an employer who will hire them they will be regularized. The main theme of 245i is that these Workers are either needed by the ecomnomy or they are in such sectors where American Workers are not available or interested. Most of them are with out proper work papers and idea is to regularize them through some officila means

aycy said:
This is really shocking. Philly claimed that they have sent a NOF to my employer and myself back in January 5, 2006. We are supposed to respond to it within 35 days. Guess what..! Neither my employer or my lawyer nor I have received anything from Philly.

I found this shocking news after I enquired about my case via the NJ Governor's office. Can you believe this? Technically, my file would have been denied as it already pass 35 days. I cannot believe this is happening. My lawyer has contacted Philly to let them know we did not received the NOF and requested for a new NOF with another 35 days to respond. Becareful guys...! Good thing I enquired about my case or else I would only know after receiving the denial letter.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05

Can I ask you when did you approcah the NJ congressman's office...? this is all just too crazee for a human mind to take-in...!!

canonrir said:

I suspect whether any of them will be here by the way

StressTestInUSA said:
Can I ask you when did you approcah the NJ congressman's office...? this is all just too crazee for a human mind to take-in...!!

The guy has been waiting since June 2002, he has the right to inquire about his case by all means possible.

It does not surprise me that the only way they give out any kind of relevant information is if you go through politicians with clout.

Has any one of us or our lawyers gotten a straight answer from them yet?