Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ariesny1 said:
Hi Guys,

Finally the day has come after 4 yrs... got a mail on Saturday from PBEC that by labor has been approved.. didnt hear from my company or lawyer yet.

Case Details:

PD: Nov 15, 2001
State: NY
RIR/ EB 3
Never made to Regional
45 days letter: Rec and replied in March'05
Approved: Feb 14 2006
Case #: P-05032-47xxx

Thank you for all the information and support I got from this forum.

congratulations! I sent you a PM.

ariesny1 said:
Hi Guys,

Finally the day has come after 4 yrs... got a mail on Saturday from PBEC that by labor has been approved.. didnt hear from my company or lawyer yet.

Case Details:

RIR/ EB 3
Never made to Regional

Congrats Buddy

Good to see approval for 2001 after long time. Hope all 2001 Guys get theirs soon

45 days letter received

I just heard from our HR that they got the 45 days letter from PBEC.

Case Details:

PD: 6/7/2004
State: PA (Harrisburg)
RIR/ EB 3
Never made to Regional
45 days letter: Received (2/15/2006)

Congratulations!!

When you mentioned you got a mail from PBEC, did you get an email or a post-mail ?
Thanks in anticipation !!

ariesny1 said:
Hi Guys,

Case Details:

RIR/ EB 3
Never made to Regional

mrvgson said:
Thanks cantstandit, csrini1 , Days_go_by for taking time to respond.

I wasn't fully aware of the restriction above. So even if my company decides to continue my GC, then it would mean I cant get a F1.

Well, I guess, I would then have to focus on non-US schools. I will have to think about it more.

Thanks.

hi Mrv, it's not that it's a restriction, there's no rule saying that you can't get an F visa if you have a gc pending ... but the visa officer will probably ask you about it, it might look strange in his/her eyes, but that doesn't mean your F visa will get denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
nyprog-8-27 said:
Congrats ariesny1-good to see some of 2001 cases being aproved-I lost faith on my case ;)

hey Nyprog, are u sure your case is in Philly ? did u get a screenshot ? pretty much all cases that moved from SWA NY to Regional were approved by Regional last year, so your case should have been approved long ago.'

The oldest NY cases in PBEC are SWA cases, starting from Oct and Nov/01 and up, that's why I'm curious.

Case Status?

I know this is a newbee question, but I am returning after more than a year. What are the ways I can find the latest status on my case at Philly BPC?

Any info welcome.
Thanks!
Sanjay

Still no LC rant, if u don't mind

Well, it will be 5 years come this November for my LC wait period. Everybody likes to repeat the mantra "Keep hope alive" but this is a bit ridiculous...I know, I should be thankful that I'm even getting the opportunity to file a LC in the U.S. but the wait is excrutiating.....by the way, any Star Trek Voyager fans out there?? My LC wait period is starting to parallel Voyager's 7 year journey back to the Alpha Quadrant....by now (5 years), Seven of Nine would have joined the crew and they would have made some minimal contact with Earth through Lt. Barcalay (this might have happened in the 6th season however). Anyways, good luck to everyone, we will need it.

NoSeemyLC said:
Well, it will be 5 years come this November for my LC wait period. Everybody likes to repeat the mantra "Keep hope alive" but this is a bit ridiculous...I know, I should be thankful that I'm even getting the opportunity to file a LC in the U.S. but the wait is excrutiating.....by the way, any Star Trek Voyager fans out there?? My LC wait period is starting to parallel Voyager's 7 year journey back to the Alpha Quadrant....by now (5 years), Seven of Nine would have joined the crew and they would have made some minimal contact with Earth through Lt. Barcalay (this might have happened in the 6th season however). Anyways, good luck to everyone, we will need it.
awesome...

It certainly is my turn....

Well I got great news today….

My case was closed. In error of course.

Fragomen has sent both a fax and a letter via Fedex requesting them to reinstate the case. They are confident the case will be reinstated. My company has only had one other case closed in error. It took 2 ½ months to get it reinstated.

I am not surprised by this since it seemed quite odd that all other cases around my priority date had received their 45-day letters. According to DOL the letter was sent to my employer – wrong address and Fragomen did not receive a copy of the letter.

Based on other cases getting approved I was waiting for news…I guess I got them.

…And the wait continues….

who is still waiting 45-days letter for PD 04/2004?

Am I the last one who haven't received 45days letter with April, 2004 priority date?

JustWatching said:
Well I got great news today….
My case was closed. In error of course.
…And the wait continues….

Did you not ask for a screen shot in the past? May be as part of any H1B renewal request?

Does this mean that folks with PDs in 2001 or 2002 AND not having received 45-day letter should take the steps to find out status of their cases?

MannyD said:
Did you not ask for a screen shot in the past? May be as part of any H1B renewal request?

Does this mean that folks with PDs in 2001 or 2002 AND not having received 45-day letter should take the steps to find out status of their cases?

I not only requested a screen shot. I had my attorney request status in October 2005. Philadelphia BPC responded that my case was being processed. Apparently letters closing your case are not issued when the 45-day period expires but rather when the case is about to be processed so when we sent the requests my case was still open.

Is it true they cannot close a case after 45day letter

MannyD said:

Also is it true that they cannot close a case after the 45 day letter?

Also is there a problem tracking you case if your h1 extension has already been applied for?

PD jul 2002 ca eb2 rir

JustWatching said:
I not only requested a screen shot. I had my attorney request status in October 2005. Philadelphia BPC responded that my case was being processed. Apparently letters closing your case are not issued when the 45-day period expires but rather when the case is about to be processed so when we sent the requests my case was still open.

I understand you never received a 45-day letter but through your attorney got a status update in Oct 2005 in the form of a screen shot. Am I right? Did you personally see the screen shot or not?

Your case sends a shiver down my spine. So having replied to 45 day letter and/or having received a screen shot (stating status as RIR or whatever) will not guarantee that our cases are in the PBEC pipeline?

This is the most frustrating part of having no ability to view your status. My husband received a call last week from his lawyer saying that they got notice that his case had been closed due to no response to the 45-day letter. Neither the lawyer or the HR department of the company received it.

Our tax dollars at work... hahaha. At least we've started the PERM process, hopefully that won't get lost too.

jeez...

after all these posts..it looks like it will take 18 months just to settle down with the 45 day letter nonsense...

exactly 4 months left for the 45 day letter story target date June 06..and wonder how many working days in these 4 months...??

Great news to share!!

I would like to share my good news with all of you. I just received a mail from PBEC that my LC has been approved..

My story:
Last Sept when I checked my status, it was Final Review.. then surprisingly... it rolled back to RIR in Oct.. I was beginning to think that my LC would never see light... and was preparing to refile in PERM. But today I got a letter dated Feb 7 that it was approved...

My analysis:
I have been reading in this forum that PBEC was closed from Last Oct and was recently reopened... and that they sent some of the boxes to Atlanta for approval.... Seems like all of it was true.. I am guessing that my case was in final review (on the table) when they closed and they sent the May - Jun '02 cases to Atlanta for approval... that's the reason for the sudden movement in approval from Mar'02 to May'02...

And now after reopening the center... they are approving the cases beginning from the ones that were collecting dust on their desk... Just my opinion.. I think the approvals will start to pour in from now on..

Well everyone with PD prior to May'02... start praying and look out for the mail... You will see light very soon..

My Information:
VA RIR EB2 (other countries using CC)
PD: 03/25/2002
RD :10/03
45 day letter : 02/2005
Approval : 02/2006
Case #: P-04259-XXXX

Thank you guys for all your support and information... See you guys soon in the next stages.

thanks,
radd