Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor committee members

Backlog Gurus (Just Watching, Saknia)
I am wondering if concentrating on the labor committee members in both house and senate could be more helpful to our cause than randomly calling congressmen and senators

saknia said:
Some working with Big Companies cannot do anything like this with out telling their HR and if HR comes to know that he has signed on in a Law suit where Company is involved ( rememeber Labor application is a Company property and not that of Employee as per Current law) it might have other implications for him . If he get sacked he will need another Law suit and his bottom line is scartched . Remember that. He might rather wait ( which is a Reality) rather than screw up the Job itself.

Tanveer while I advise you continue with the Campaign please try to remember the Realities people might be in

Labordrags, how about renaming the thread from PBEC tracking to PBEC, as there is nothing to track. This will make all of our posts relevant.

Saknia, employer constraint is exactly what is holding lot us to support lawsuit.

manwithnoname said:
Is there anybody from New Hampshire who received either the 45 day letter or approval? As of January 2005, some cases upto April 2004 made it to the regional. The remaining (April 2004 to March 2005) are SWA cases. My PD is November 2004.
:confused:

PD: September 2004 from NH
Category : EB3 ,Non RIR
Went to Regional in Jan 2005.
But didn't get certified. Shipped to PBEC i guess
No 45 day latter yet

yaar yeh PBEC kya kar raha hai

i m shocked to see may'04 case being approved by DBEC. Whats wrong with PBEC. kis baat ka badla le rahe hain PBEC wale hamse...Isnt there anyone whom we can apporach about this nonsense

Just fools...

USCISisMockery said:
Thats the mystery. Why AILA, big law firms are silent on this issue. Its just beyond me. Murthy always talk about how concern she is about PERM, but she never mentions BEC. Hypocrat. Can someone access to lawyers ask simple question, why they are so quiet about BEC blackhole ?
Members who are still stuck in PBEC and talk about retrogression , immigrationvoice.org and contribute money to lobby the removal of retrogression are pathetic. The worst kind of fools. They are addressing somebody else's agenda.. they should understand that they are just getting used...

Guys ..
Retrogression dates are moving forward at a justified pace.

Of course if they have applied for PERM, that is a different issue all together.

For these blood sucking lawyers, these BEC are their harvesting ground. They never want this BAISAKHI season to go away. I have heard some lawyers even charge money to sign and reply 45 days letter... disgusting....

I am planning to drive down to Philadelphia middle of month. It’s a 14 hours drive but I am ready to do it.

Stupid guys moved 'my' application ( PD Nov.2002 RIR , CA ) from SFO
to Phily BEC. Had it landed in Dallas i would have filed I-485 sometime back.

Bec

I agree with StressTestinUSA - that BEC is a mess and that its not easy as everyone thinks to set things right with it and the MANY other things surrounding these sort of issues. Remember, you are dealing with the Govt pal! Atleast Murthy keeps us updated with the latest information.

immig2006 said:
Atleast Murthy keeps us updated with the latest information.

Really ?!?! :rolleyes: She is just like the others ... not pushing AILA to do anything .... not pushing PBEC or DOL .... I have to agree with all the persons saying that lawyers don't want PBEC to change because it guarantees them some kind of income for the near future .... all the H1B extensions that have to be filed must represent a nice amount of $$$ ...

JustWatching said:
Agreed.

Again, you are assuming Dallas has processed 10X than Philadelphia. Nothing wrong with going in with a hypothesis to try to prove it or disprove it.

Here is the issue with the "how many cases have you processed?" question:

1 - Do they have the same number of staff? Did they start with the same number of staff? Is the attrition rate different? How about certifying officers? Same number? Different?
2 - Has Philadelphia sent more 45-day letters than Dallas? So at the end they will end in the same place?
3 - What is the mix of cases? RIR vs. non-RIR? What if Philly has more non-RIR cases than Dallas? Who has older cases? Does this validate the different processing strategies of each BPC?
4 - Were state procedures for states being handled in Philly more complex than those being processed by Dallas?
5 - The OIG has in multiple occassions criticized the Labor Certification process for its lack of consistency and significant fraud and stating in multiple occassions that it is more important for DOL to process right than to process fast.

For the record, I am not endorsing the effectiveness of the DOL. I work in an industry that handles more paper than the entire BPC backlog in just weeks (As in less than month). I therefore would like to believe that I understand what the pitfalls may be. I also would like to believe that I know there is a better way. Another thing I can say is - it is harder to fix it than to do it right from the beginning. Clearly we have missed out on that. I also know that implementing changes take time.

C’mon! You know well that I meant 10x as a mere example. While I have strong belief (spending tremendous hours on this forum and throwing my life down the drain in this BEC mess) that the difference between cases processed by DBEC and PBEC is huge. How huge? Like I said it should not be easy to find out. But for now lets assume that the difference is z (where I believe z > 2)

They conducted a survey back on 2002 that lead to this miracle that we know as BEC
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail.10002380.2005.html

I would be very surprised if both BEC didn’t have same number and type of staff. You think DBEC has z times more staff then PBEC?

PBEC has sent more 45-day letters than DBEC. How much effort (time hours) do they need to send 45-day letter? And how much percent of total effort is it?
While I think that the case entry might be a bigger task, I don’t think generating 45-day letter and mailing it out would need much resources or time.

PBEC has more non-RIR cased than DBEC that should not slow them down to *start* processing cases.

PBEC has more complex cases? LCA application would have standard forms across all states, plus evidence and documents provided by lawyers and/or employers.

I think both BEC has common guidelines that they are asked to follow, guess which one is not efficient?
Its not like PBEC is on the dark side of moon. There is no excuse to prove they process z times less cases.

Although we all know that PBEC had some software glitches to begin their operations, which has caused this huge delay.

Have you ever been in a bullock cart or a mule/horse driven cart?

Most times when they start off, they are not at their top speed, they’ll start with a casual stroll, what do we do to get them going?
You guessed it. *whip* them, once in fast pace they tend to stay that way.

Lawyers don't care !!

It is a fact that the lawyers don't care about PBEC or DBEC. They worry about the $$$ revenue generated by filing H1B extensions after extensions and pocket avg $3000/case. I strongly believe that people like us should start understanding H1B renewal protocols. This will save us some fortune.

Any sane lawyer should be bold enough to talk about the delays in precisely in PBEC. If I were them I would be more happily supporting my country men in their fight against this PBEC BS. Anyways.

Got the info from the attorney

I got the following information from my attorney yesterday.

"We have cases approved from PBEC. The PDs range from
Aug 2003 to Nov. 2004. All the cases are RIRs. All cases are
PA cases."

Mine has not been approved yet. My case is regular. h1b7yr
shows it as RIR though. According to the attorney the misclassification
will be corrected once an officer examines the case.

what is the "PA cases."?

seabullPA said:
I got the following information from my attorney yesterday.

"We have cases approved from PBEC. The PDs range from
Aug 2003 to Nov. 2004. All the cases are RIRs. All cases are
PA cases."

Mine has not been approved yet. My case is regular. h1b7yr
shows it as RIR though. According to the attorney the misclassification
will be corrected once an officer examines the case.

please advice

hi gurus,

I am on my 8th year H1b extension working for a consulting firm A. my PD is March 2003 EB3 RIR with the PBEC. I have got a permanent job offer B.

1. Is it possible for me, change my H1B from A TO B on my 8th year extension?

2. If the answer is YES to question 1., Is it possible to file labor under perm with the old PD?

Gurus, please advice me . I am getting really confused with the whole system.

thanks in advance,

Wrong thread. Please check H1b extension thread for more information.

1. You can change job in 8th year.

2. Since you are joining another company B you can not retain your old PD. It will be a fresh start when you file for PERM.

CA 11/02
45 days letter Feb 05

Ladies And Centilmen,
After 4 Years Painful Waiting, My Labor Approved Today 02/14/06
This Forum Helped Me Alot To Be Aware Of What Is Going On... Thanks To Everybody....
Happy Valentines Day

Pd June 25 2002 Eb2 Rir

Ladies And Centilmen,
After 4 Years Painful Waiting, My Labor Approved Today 02/14/06
This Forum Helped Me Alot To Be Aware Of What Is Going On... Thanks To Everybody....
Happy Valentines Day

Pd June 25 2002 Eb3 Rir

Great Job

clzeus10 said:
After repeated attempts to contact someone in a prominent Senator's office, I got 2 callbacks today from them.

First was from someone who was responding to my detailed voicemail and he took notes about what I had to say, confirmed info with me and then told me he would have someone from their office call me back who "Specifically deals with DOL issues".

Low and behold, I get a call from that special someone in the next 20 minutes, this lady knows a lot about what is going on and I did not have to explain a lot as she knew about the BEC's, 45 day letter, 7th year extension etc, etc...

I explained the situation as to how things are so screwed up b/w Philly and Dallas and how Philly is so much behind Dallas and how there seems to be no FIFO, no statistics on approvals or any sort of processing, no updates of any kind, no order (e.g. people from June 2002 got approvals while some from March 2002 are still waiting - from the same STATE), told her about how our lives are ruined, how out employers hate us because of all the paperwork and expenses, how we are all so depressed, even gave her the web address of this site.

So now she told me that she could specifically find out about my case as to where it is in the queue by inquiring with them, I told her I did not want to focus on my case but on the overall timing of what they are processing as of now and how long it will take, why it is taking so long and so forth.

She is going to make some phone calls/send inquiries and get back to me when she finds out more about their ways.

This was a detailed conversation that lasted almost 10 mins and she was very polite, receptive to our concerns and listened intently, asked the right questions and wanted to know more, so hopefully she will write a damning letter to PBEC or can exert some pressure to get them to speed up.............lets hope so.

Just wanted everyone to know.

Appreciate the initiative you took.

aamchimumbai said:
It is a fact that the lawyers don't care about PBEC or DBEC. They worry about the $$$ revenue generated by filing H1B extensions after extensions and pocket avg $3000/case. I strongly believe that people like us should start understanding H1B renewal protocols. This will save us some fortune.

Any sane lawyer should be bold enough to talk about the delays in precisely in PBEC. If I were them I would be more happily supporting my country men in their fight against this PBEC BS. Anyways.

a while ago (maybe over a year ago), someone posted here that filing for extension is very simple, he did it for himself without a glitch. He even offered to provide all details. For me, it doesn't matter, because the extensions are paid for my employer, but if not, I would definitely file for myself.