Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gc_or_die said:
Hi Gurus
I'm new to this forum and I have a question, can I send multiple 7th year H1B screen shot requests to PBEC? Because I already had one in back Sep, 2005. Is it okay? I know it is "kinda un-ethic" :D but my friend told me that it is okay to do it since they don't have any status check system yet.

Thanks
On this note, I have a question. Can we send an email to PBEC for 7th yr ext from our personal hotmail account or do we need the company or attny to do that...? If that is the case another round of begging them to send an email...

PBEC email check

It is always good to query from company email.
I sent email in Nov and also in Dec just to check PBEC has my application. PBEC will respond to the email because we all know that PBEC does not provide any other alternative status check.

StressTestInUSA said:
On this note, I have a question. Can we send an email to PBEC for 7th yr ext from our personal hotmail account or do we need the company or attny to do that...? If that is the case another round of begging them to send an email...

Totally OK

gc_or_die said:
Hi Gurus
I'm new to this forum and I have a question, can I send multiple 7th year H1B screen shot requests to PBEC? Because I already had one in back Sep, 2005. Is it okay? I know it is "kinda un-ethic" :D but my friend told me that it is okay to do it since they don't have any status check system yet.

Thanks

Its OK to do it. If they can keep us in the dark for 4 years and we have this indirect way of finding out if the response to the 45 day letter has been processes, our case is in the system and not closed, and so on.... It is fine to send multiple inquires.

Dont worry, sending too many status checks will not slow down PBEC. Its a fxxked up mess anyway. Its not slow today because of our status checks. Its slow anyway. How much time is spent on status checks. They can keep one person aside for status checks and this mess will remain the same.

Question

Friends, My current PD is 2004. I got a email from my old company that they recently recieved 45 day letter and they responded back to continue the GC processs. That PD was Sep 2001 - State CA.

If I get my LC approved from my old company, will that help me in any way? What am I suppose to do?

shipoffools said:
Friends, My current PD is 2004. I got a email from my old company that they recently recieved 45 day letter and they responded back to continue the GC processs. That PD was Sep 2001 - State CA.

If I get my LC approved from my old company, will that help me in any way? What am I suppose to do?

At that point you will have 2 options:

- Quit your current job and use the approved LC from your previous company

or

- Wipe your tears and wait for you current LC to be approved and stay with your current company

shipoffools said:

Since PBEC is clearing 2001 cases now you might get approved very soon. If our Old compoany is ready to continue with your GC ( on Future employment basis ) well and good. You can then stay with your Current comp0any and join them at 485 stage. Retrogration wise this PD is very good. Donlt loose that.

Otherwise I will advise you to join them back and proceed further with your GC process ( I140 & 485). Better talk o them and keep them in dialogue. Otherwise they might sell that approved Labor as well.May be your labor is alredy approved by now as PBEC has aproved lot of 2001 cases recently.

Act fast

gc_or_die said:
Hi Gurus

Thanks

They have removed the all important "Case Status" field from the screenshot so I am not sure if you will find out anything of importance with a new screenshot.

Caution on 7th Year e-mail.

coolguy11 said:
Its OK to do it. If they can keep us in the dark for 4 years and we have this indirect way of finding out if the response to the 45 day letter has been processes, our case is in the system and not closed, and so on.... It is fine to send multiple inquires.

Dont worry, sending too many status checks will not slow down PBEC. Its a fxxked up mess anyway. Its not slow today because of our status checks. Its slow anyway. How much time is spent on status checks. They can keep one person aside for status checks and this mess will remain the same.

PBEC is not giving us any Status information. It is Legal and no one in the past could try to sue them and get a Remedy for this. This has been discussed with many Attorney's and everyone is of the view that we cannot Force PBEc for that.

As part of the Awareness many were requesting that we insist atleast on this point with PBEC and get a solution for this.

Just beacuse PBEC is not giving any Status we will not be justified in using 7th Year for that. We will no way be jsutified for that. However members in this forum has in the past used that multiple times for checking status.( including me) .Status field has been removed since Oct 2005. This is a kind of First warning they gave to all of us (not to abuse the facility meanyt for a selcted few).They have never bothered to reply any of the mail requstingh for Status in the past.

If we cannot check the status with that mail what is the purpose in checking with that 7th Year mail.

Use this with Caution and only if it is necessary. When PBEC was slow they might not mind this pratice. Once they pick up speed and slightly on track they might take that as a serious one

Finally use that option of checking with 7th Year Extension mail at your own risk.

Does anyone know where it is mentioned in the original labor application as to whether it is being filed under EB2 or EB3?

Where is that classification made?

I am beginning to worry as my lawyer does not seem to know for sure under what category he filed. I have a copy of the original app and I don't see any field there that asks for that information.

any ideas?

Congratulations gcislife. This might be the first NJ approval reported in this forum. Seems like PBEC is finally approving NJ cases. It has been pretty frustating for all of us and hope the approvals start pouring in the New Year.

Good luck for the 140/485 stages.

gcislife said:
I just got the information from my HR that they have received the approval letter i do not know the lawyer got original or not.
it was approved on 12/13/2005.

AFTER 3.5 YR'S WAIT.

Hang on guy's you are next.

shipoffools said:

Friends..

same situation with me, filed for Labor in Dec2002 NJ, hoping being optimistic it might get thru in thex 6 months..So, I will ask my old company to reply the 45 day letter..

Is there any question in the 45 day letter about is the 'alien' (sounds we r from the other planet) is still employed with them..?

and when that labor comes thru file for 140 and join back at 485 stage..that is what I understand...

If someone can answer my question about the 45 day letter asking if the alien is still employed with the employer... will clear my doubt..

Help Friends

My case was filed in 2004 December and i got the 45 days lette r on september from PBEC P-05159-XXXXX .My lawyer faxed the reply immediately.

1)How much days it take to get cleared after getting the 45 day letter?

Guys i know there are people waiting for long time to get reply..This is my second try after 5 years of waiting for the first labor....

Please reply if any one have information

Thanks in advance

StressTestInUSA said:
Friends..

same situation with me, filed for Labor in Dec2002 NJ, hoping being optimistic it might get thru in thex 6 months..So, I will ask my old company to reply the 45 day letter..

Is there any question in the 45 day letter about is the 'alien' (sounds we r from the other planet) is still employed with them..?

and when that labor comes thru file for 140 and join back at 485 stage..that is what I understand...

If someone can answer my question about the 45 day letter asking if the alien is still employed with the employer... will clear my doubt..

Hi StressTest

Labor has to do with the postiton the employer is looking for to employ for his company. You do not need to be with them while it being applied or while it is being approved. Att 45 Day letter time you can be with the Company or with some other employer as well.

Hope this clarifies your position

a_yas said:
My case was filed in 2004 December and i got the 45 days lette r on september from PBEC P-05159-XXXXX .My lawyer faxed the reply immediately.

1)How much days it take to get cleared after getting the 45 day letter?

Guys i know there are people waiting for long time to get reply..This is my second try after 5 years of waiting for the first labor....

Please reply if any one have information

Thanks in advance

Hi a_yas

Timeline for approval of your case depends on

1) Whether it is RIR or Regular(Traditional) RIR Cases are getting approved faster as Recruitment process and Verfication is easier

2) Which State it was filed from - NY, CA, VA. MD are the States for which we have seen approvals of late

Since you are in End of Dec 2004 it might take any time from 6-12 months for your case to be approved ( going by the Speed of PBEC). If they pick up speed you might get approved soon.

If you have PERM options from your Company I will advise you to try that as the difference between this Labor and Perm will be 1 year. In the next 6-12 months atleast you can be sure of getting out of Labor & 140 if you file PERM Quickly in the New Year

clzeus10 said:
Does anyone know where it is mentioned in the original labor application as to whether it is being filed under EB2 or EB3?

Where is that classification made?

I am beginning to worry as my lawyer does not seem to know for sure under what category he filed. I have a copy of the original app and I don't see any field there that asks for that information.

any ideas?

clzeus10,
Check for minimum qualifications required for the job (ETA 750A Item 14). If it requires a minimum of a Master's degree or BS+5 yrs experience, then your labor will be categorized as EB2 at I-140 stage. If your labor requires a minimum of Bachelor's degree or below and less than 5 years of experience, then your case will be categorized as EB3 at I-140 stage.

Read this EB2 equivalency memo for full clarification...
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news215.htm

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
clzeus10,
Check for minimum qualifications required for the job (ETA 750A Item 14). If it requires a minimum of a Master's degree or BS+5 yrs experience, then your labor will be categorized as EB2 at I-140 stage. If your labor requires a minimum of Bachelor's degree or below and less than 5 years of experience, then your case will be categorized as EB3 at I-140 stage.

Read this EB2 equivalency memo for full clarification...
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news215.htm

Hope this helps!

Thanks Mvinays.

I just checked and yes it does say Masters Degree Required. It does not have any experience requirements but the Masters is mentioned. That is a relief to know.

clzeus10 said:
Thanks Mvinays.

I just checked and yes it does say Masters Degree Required. It does not have any experience requirements but the Masters is mentioned. That is a relief to know.

MS+zero years of experience falls under EB2. I am glad to know you fall under EB2 category. Best of luck!

How much longer???

Friends, check this one out:
PD: April 30, 2001
RIR / EB3
45-DAT LETTER RECEIVED SEPT 28, 2005
REPLIED: Oct 16, 2005
ETA #: P-05013-XXXXXX
LC: ???????????????????????????????
From previous posts, I'd say I'm getting closer, waht do you all think?

Yes you are very Close

Karioka said:
Forgot to mention: FL/ PBEC

Recently we have seen ATL Cases of 2001/2002 getting approved. You might be closer or already approved

All the Best Buddy and wait for the News !!!