Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

saknia said:
After Labor you can now file I140 & 485 immediately.( if you are from Non Retrogation Country). Otherrwise you cannot get EAD til you reach 485. You can only file 140.

Reagrding your wife start to work on EAD - Think and consult a Lawyer. Generally it is not adviseable to Invoke an EAD until you get GC fully. Lawyers advise you to remain in Status through H1b for this period. Invoking EAD for wife and not for you could be Tricky and complicated. Discuss with an Attorney on this

She can also process and get a New H1b for her if she is eligible to work

EB3 for worldwide is also retrogressed.. Only EB2 worldwide is current.

MA non-RIR case for PD 18 Dec 2002

Hi,

My labor certification was filed 18 Dec 2002 in Masachussetts. The laywer had received the 45 day letter around November 1st 2005.

Does anyone have any guesstimation as to how long could it be before it gets approved?

My original case was an RIR case and was later converted to a non-RIR one and the employer had returned the results of supervised advertising when the whole backlog thing happened.

Also, I now work for a different employer in similar job description. My understanding is that my former employer can cooperate for future employment and I can still proceed. What I do not fully understand is the level of cooperation, is it just signing a couple of letters or is it more than that?

Thanks in advance for all the help and responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
samosa154 said:
Hi,

My labor certification was filed 18 Dec 2002 in Masachussetts. The laywer had received the 45 day letter around November 1st 2005.

Does anyone have any guesstimation as to how long could it be before it gets approved?

My original case was an RIR case and was later converted to a non-RIR one and the employer had returned the results of supervised advertising when the whole backlog thing happened.

Also, I now work for a different employer in similar job description. My understanding is that my former employer can cooperate for future employment and I can still proceed. What I do not fully understand is the level of cooperation, is it just signing a couple of letters or is it more than that?

no one can say "how long it will take for PBEC to approve the cases"....as far as MA cases are concerned,,looks like they haven't opened the MA box yet.....

Regarding cooperation of previous employer ,,thats your decision....I was in same situation 3 yrs ago when i left employer A and joined employer B .......i had labor from 2001 filed from employer A and he said he will continue my case and also cooperate infiling 140+485. But since i left him,,and when he got mylabor approved,,,he sold it to someone else for good amount of money.

I received my 45 day letter from PBEC

Hi,

My labor certification was filed 5th June 2002 in NY. The lawyer had received the 45 day letter just now. She sent a email just now. Please add my details to PBEC tracker and also can someone give me the link to PBEC tracker.

EB2/RIR
Filed From NY City(NY)
PBEC -- P-05131--xxxxx
45 days letter received 12/20/2005
No further updates

For samosa

Could you share the first 5 digits of your case # at PBEC?

My LC was filed in MA too (05/2003). I haven't received the 45-day letter yet.

samosa154 said:
Hi,

iwantgc1974 said:
Hi,

EB2/RIR
Filed From NY City(NY)
PBEC -- P-05131--xxxxx
45 days letter received 12/20/2005
No further updates

I bet you will get it in a month or two. Not more than that. Take me out for lunch when you get your LC.

guys...

anyone with a crystalball...??!!

I have a labor NJ Dec 2002 @ PBEC..changed company filed another in 2003..unfortunatelly had to leave last month...done with h1 transfer until May 07...

Now shud i file for my 3rd labor PERM...found out...just labor filing is costing me close to 6k including ads...i just spwnt like close to 4k for h1 transfer thru prem...

Pining some hope for the NJ labor..even if we get that silly 45 day letter in teh next 6months..then what is my misery...nothing less than tears to me..

Final review

Hi guys, How much time has it taken on average after Final review status to get approvals. My case was Final review since last week of September. Still no news.

gc_psraj said:
Hi guys, How much time has it taken on average after Final review status to get approvals. My case was Final review since last week of September. Still no news.

Hi GC_PSRAJ

Lot of VA RIR cases has been approved in DEC 2005. Your case might have been aapproved since it was in Final Review at Sep 2005. Actually PBEC did not do anything in Oct & Nov 2005 it seems.

Wait for the Good News. Check with your attorney if you can

update: received letter !

finally received the freakin' letter ... the bad news is that the lawyers are charging 450 bucks to REPLY to the letter, can u believe it ?! they also have to prepare some documentation regarding my employer's change of name, id, etc, so that's why there's extra work.

I suggest everyone who still has T case numbers check again via email to see if they changed it to P, that means your letter is coming.

cantstandit said:
finally received the freakin' letter ... the bad news is that the lawyers are charging 450 bucks to REPLY to the letter, can u believe it ?! they also have to prepare some documentation regarding my employer's change of name, id, etc, so that's why there's extra work.

I suggest everyone who still has T case numbers check again via email to see if they changed it to P, that means your letter is coming.

450bucks...!! dont know what to say...
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused:

my oldest labor too will have a new company name and my lawyer is a tip top attny in NY..

take our dollars...take our dollars... :(

sanjoo123 said:
Good link.
Specter would eliminate the requirement that the Labor Department certify that the employment of an alien will not adversely affect the wages or working conditions of American workers for any alien who is a “member of the professionals [sic] and has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the sciences, technology, engineering, or mathematics.”

Does he mean that DOL should be out of the immigration process or just the prevailing wage issue would be dropped ?
If the latter is correct we should put all our efforts to convince senators to remove DOL from the process. Department of Labor proved too many times that it is not capable to do any significant job or resolve any issue :-(.

They say they are protecting American workers ! Well at the company where I work a very significant part of the job is done by H-1s. The company hardly would exist without the " aliens' " (what a word !!! ) contribution. The company as usual employs many American engineers, who otherwise would be without jobs. The product the company makes gives jobs to thousands more.
And there is DOL whose the only objective is to justify it's own existence :-(
What a pathetic organization!

A Snapshot of America's Foreign-Born Population in 2005

There is a much **worse** situation with the current immigration - 31% of all adult immigrants do not have high school education (3.5 times more than national average!!!), 29% of immigrants use wellfare (compare to 18% national average), and so on... Guess how much immigration costs to the USA, total, in billions of dollars?

We should be very naive to expect any immigrant numbers increase at such a bad time.

Read this, it's very educational:
http://www.cis.org/articles/2005/back1405.html

Now, if you want to know where did 65,000 H1 Visa's go - read the next article - it clearly shows that >80% of H1 Visas go to *bodyshops* - to bring cheap labor. And it's not just words, they've got stunning numbers for every major company.

Now I know why honest businesses like Google, eBay, MS, Apple, etc (I work for one of those) cannot bring people here - because the boody bodyshops used up all the H1 Cap to bring underpaid workforce and make the easy profits (pay somebody 30K or 40K, pretend there is no US workers and charge customers 70K).

Yes, I'm on H1, I'm going through the same pain as all of us do for 2.5 years, and I know exceptionally talented people on H1 still waiting for LC. However, given the massive abuse of H1 and Immigration systems I simply CANNOT ADVOCATE for H1 Cap increase or Immigrant Numbers increase : (

http://www.cis.org/articles/2005/back1305.html

Have a nice reading and the New Year,
Igor

igor_ch said:
There is a much **worse** situation with the current immigration - 31% of all adult immigrants do not have high school education (3.5 times more than national average!!!), 29% of immigrants use wellfare (compare to 18% national average), and so on... Guess how much immigration costs to the USA, total, in billions of dollars?

And how many of those lacking high school education are H1, huh? I'd like to remind you, that H1 visa prerequisite is a _college_ diploma. Even people in bodyshops have to show evidence of having the necessary education (definetly there'll be some fake diploma, but that's insignificant amount).

igor_ch said:
Yes, I'm on H1, I'm going through the same pain as all of us do for 2.5 years, and I know exceptionally talented people on H1 still waiting for LC. However, given the massive abuse of H1 and Immigration systems I simply CANNOT ADVOCATE for H1 Cap increase or Immigrant Numbers increase : (

Well, is it so hard to devise an immigration system that will bring only (mostly) reasonably well educated people in the country? No, it's quite simple -- just give out as many H1's as employers ask for, and allow those who worked for, say, 4 years on H1 visa to convert it to the permanent status.
Already too little young Americans choose the "science" path in college (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, etc.) -- so I'd say it's pretty dumb to ignore some 300 thousand scientifically oriented people that _want_ to stay in the country, and pay taxes doing the high-tech jobs not many natural-born Americans desire.

Xipe Totec said:
And how many of those lacking high school education are H1, huh? I'd like to remind you, that H1 visa prerequisite is a _college_ diploma. Even people in bodyshops have to show evidence of having the necessary education (definetly there'll be some fake diploma, but that's insignificant amount).

I'm talking about Immigration in general - given the huge cost USA budget has to pay to support all the immigrants in general, they're unlikely to increase any numbers.

Well, is it so hard to devise an immigration system that will bring only (mostly) reasonably well educated people in the country? No, it's quite simple -- just give out as many H1's as employers ask for, and allow those who worked for, say, 4 years on H1 visa to convert it to the permanent status.
Already too little young Americans choose the "science" path in college (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, etc.) -- so I'd say it's pretty dumb to ignore some 300 thousand scientifically oriented people that _want_ to stay in the country, and pay taxes doing the high-tech jobs not many natural-born Americans desire.

Remember, that many Americans would not want those Jobs, mostly because bodyshops pay way too little. While bodyshops do bring talented and educated people, they also create unfair competition on the local labor market, because they bring cheap workforce, even ready for illegal benching. While the system is abused this way we will not get the Cap increase. Senate must be insane to allow increase when system is routinely abused. If Senate could stop bodyshops from creating this unfair competition, we may find that existing Cap would not be used in the fiscal year and no increase would be necessary.

Sorry, I didn't have the PBEC number. I'll ask my lawyer. Can I use this number to enquire PBEC about the status in any way?

14forever said:
Could you share the first 5 digits of your case # at PBEC?

My LC was filed in MA too (05/2003). I haven't received the 45-day letter yet.