Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

How do i check the status of my case.

How do i check the status of my case? I have the control number for my case filed on 11/29/04. My case was moved to Philli BPC and i have not yet received the 45 day letter.

May be First one for Atlanta ( FL Oct 2003)

From waiting_labor

I have rcd my laor approvcal today. My details
State Labor: FL Oct 2003
Federal Labor: ATL Nov. 2004
Labor Approval Date: Dec. 12th 2005

saknia said:
orissa said:
Thanks orissa.

This is a Nice article portraying the troubles one can have here regardless of his experience and credentials.

Infact we should request Stepahnie of Inc to write about the PBEC mess as well. ( as follwoup to this Immigration article)

Guys who are intiating awareness with the press- You have any Drfat to send for this

If so you can send a draft to Stephanie of Inc.com
I wonder if people in this forum are planning to write to newspaper, senators lawyers etc ..I guess no ..esp after all the hard work people in S1932 forum did ..and they didnt get any results. just in case we (PBEC forum) get motivated and decide to send faxes, write to newspaper then we should make this the main point ...

"Most of the people on H1B's and waiting for Green Cards are highly skilled ..if they are unable to settle here legally then most likely they will go back to their respective countries with a high probability that the job will follow them too ...and if this happens then this will affect taxes and more jobs in US too ( less people to buy electronics,cars , car insurance, groceries etc ...)

Lets try to raise awareness

mariner555 said:
I wonder if people in this forum are planning to write to newspaper, senators lawyers etc ..I guess no ..esp after all the hard work people in S1932 forum did ..and they didnt get any results. just in case we (PBEC forum) get motivated and decide to send faxes, write to newspaper then we should make this the main point ...

"Most of the people on H1B's and waiting for Green Cards are highly skilled ..if they are unable to settle here legally then most likely they will go back to their respective countries with a high probability that the job will follow them too ...and if this happens then this will affect taxes and more jobs in US too ( less people to buy electronics,cars , car insurance, groceries etc ...)

I am in support for sending letters to congressmen and senators, but I am not sure how do we differentiate our request from the retrogression issue? So many people (including myself) have been sending fax/calling about the EB retro issue, that it is going to be difficult for us. With H1B and EB visa number issues, I think our issue has taken a back burner.

However, if this issue doesn't get addressed we are ones who will be affected, and we will be responsible for it. Hence, I feel we should start early, it is going to take time for making congressmen/senators and anyother lawmakers aware of the issue. My company has 10-15 people in this Q and we all agree the same.

I have heard that sometime in Feb there is going to be some immigration reform bill being introduced, I think that should be our target.

Let us discuss what we can do and lets come up with a plan of action.

Any GC Hunter from NC

Hi, I have filed my GC thru NC, but I haven't received the 45 days letter, please let me know if any of you have received 45 days letter receintly those who filed thru NC state.

Question

Guys, I believe PBEC is approving cases based on receipt date of 45 days letter. Has anyone looked closely into this. b'cos when i was talking to the lady this morning she said they dont care for PD, RD, RIR/Non-RIR, or EB1/EB2/EB3. They just process the applications for which they received 45 days letters. So looks like the FIFO is based on receipt date of 45 days letter. And she also told they are doing this only for the years 2001, 2002, and 2003. any comments...

Are u sure ? Some of the certified cases in the tracker don't even seem to have a 45-day letter.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Guys, I believe PBEC is approving cases based on receipt date of 45 days letter. Has anyone looked closely into this. b'cos when i was talking to the lady this morning she said they dont care for PD, RD, RIR/Non-RIR, or EB1/EB2/EB3. They just process the applications for which they received 45 days letters. So looks like the FIFO is based on receipt date of 45 days letter. And she also told they are doing this only for the years 2001, 2002, and 2003. any comments...

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

I received my 45day letter in March 2005.

GCTitan said:
Are u sure ? Some of the certified cases in the tracker don't even seem to have a 45-day letter.

Also recently they have approved some cases where 45 days letter sent and recived back by them in Sep/Oct2005 time frame.

The theory the lady talks about does not hold good based on that.

Labor Approval

Guys
Sorry for the confusion..My previous post subject should have been "Got my Labor"..instead of "Got my GC".

Mine is EB2 Non-RIR from FL and it made it to Regional (Atlanta) before it got transferred to PBEC..Priority date# Oct 6th 2003..I dont have my case# with me right now..Will post that later...

You can get other dates with regards to my case at http://www.nriweb.com/discusstracker.php?type=phbec&s=5250631

Good luck to you all

PBEC is a complete mess

saknia said:
Also recently they have approved some cases where 45 days letter sent and recived back by them in Sep/Oct2005 time frame.

They don't seem to have any strategy. Everytime you call, they just make up something in their mind and tell you. Everytime you talk, they give you different answer.

saknia said:

waiting_labor has replied to his 45-day letter in Aug 2005, hmmm...does that mean your analysis about 45-day letter is right? :confused:

GC_Lover said:
waiting_labor has replied to his 45-day letter in Aug 2005, hmmm...does that mean your analysis about 45-day letter is right? :confused:

Yes it is still right. Becuase if they follow only 45 days Letter how come they approve a letter of Aug 2005 in just 4 months while all the other 45 Days letters issued since Nov 2004 are still waiting there

The 45 Day Letter queue theory does not hold good.

One thing is clear from all the processing they do

They go by Boxes which get assigned to Reviewing & Officers. While an Offcier for VA & MD has a Box of VA & MD cases for 2001 & 2002 another New offcier could have got a Box with 2003 Atlanta cases. Hence this jump in FIFO.

So far they have opened

VA, MD - Cases from 2001 & 2002

NY - cases from 2001 ( and some from 2003 where they have opened another Box for a New officer who just got 2003 cases instaed of 2001/2002)

ATL - May be they got some 2003 Boxes sent 45 days letter and kept the cases open and adjudicated fast

joegr9 said:
Just FYI.... I replied to my 45 day letter in August 2005 as well.....but no reply yet.

Hi Joe

You could be lucky. Since they have approved 45 days letter received on 11th Aug next you could be in the line.

Saknia's "RandomBox" theory seems to be the one followed by PBEC and thats the reason PBEC is ashamed of explaining the FIFO clearly.They make some smart a** explanations published once in a while to keep us shut.

saknia said:
Yes it is still right. Becuase if they follow only 45 days Letter how come they approve a letter of Aug 2005 in just 4 months while all the other 45 Days letters issued since Nov 2004 are still waiting there

The 45 Day Letter queue theory does not hold good.

One thing is clear from all the processing they do

They go by Boxes which get assigned to Reviewing & Officers. While an Offcier for VA & MD has a Box of VA & MD cases for 2001 & 2002 another New offcier could have got a Box with 2003 Atlanta cases. Hence this jump in FIFO.

So far they have opened

VA, MD - Cases from 2001 & 2002

NY - cases from 2001 ( and some from 2003 where they have opened another Box for a New officer who just got 2003 cases instaed of 2001/2002)

ATL - May be they got some 2003 Boxes sent 45 days letter and kept the cases open and adjudicated fast

My Situation

ETA Case Number: T-05192-08xxx
PD: 06/02/2003
State: NY
45-Day letter: NOT received

The following case had LC approved just two months after 45-day letter. So is this saying that NY is processing cases around Jan. 2002?

sara2003 said:
Labor Certification Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY. Applied on Jan 31 2002
RIR/EB3
Attorney recieved&responded to 45-day letter in Mid October.

Anyone have an idea how long the I-140 takes now ?
Can someone direct me to the correct forum to track I-140 progress ?

What is my priority date

Hi,
Sorry if this question sounds silly.
I am EB-3 victim of PBEC. My application was sent to DOL in April 2001. They evaluated it in Juune 2002.
Could somebody tell me what is my prority date?
Thanks

dworakow said:
Hi,
Sorry if this question sounds silly.
I am EB-3 victim of PBEC. My application was sent to DOL in April 2001. They evaluated it in Juune 2002.
Could somebody tell me what is my prority date?
Thanks

Your PD is Apr 2001

PBEC is in Holiday mood

PBEC is in Holiday mood and they are telling what it is coming thru their tongue, they are not even thinking with mind, i think it is better to live them till Jan 2006.

saknia said: