Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

take some pains to find out more details yourself. I had pasted a link already.

This is not my case, but here is his details :

NY state, PD: May 2002, SWA, RIR.

always_missing said:
Wish you all the best for your 140 and 485 processes.

Could you please tell that you labor was applied from which state?

One More Approval - RIR Maryland RIR 10/2001

#8817 17th December 2005, 11:45 AM
smallriver
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2002

MSG from samll river-LC Cleared

Just let you guys know that my LC was cleared last week. It is not a very exciting news, since I was not excited when got the Email from the lawyer.

My PD 10/23/2001
RIR, FROM Maryland.
]

Congratulations smallriver. This is definitely good news for you as now you can get your 140 cleared and wait for the retrogressed date to reach your PD. You are much better off than most of us as with the S.1932 immigration bill almost dead, it was evident that everybody sticks with their PD (yours being pretty old).

My guess will be you should be able to file for your 485 in 2006. Good luck !!

smallriver said:
Long time never been here. Just let you guys know that my LC was cleared last week. It is not a very exciting news, since I was not excited when got the Email from the lawyer.

My PD 10/23/2001
RIR, FROM Maryland.

It has been officially 4 year & 3 months.

Not sure if this is a news, but hope you guys the luck too.

congrats

GC_from_NJ said:
Congratulations smallriver. This is definitely good news for you as now you can get your 140 cleared and wait for the retrogressed date to reach your PD. You are much better off than most of us as with the S.1932 immigration bill almost dead, it was evident that everybody sticks with their PD (yours being pretty old).

My guess will be you should be able to file for your 485 in 2006. Good luck !!

First of All Congrats Smalls River.

Gc_From_NJ

Please look at my signature.My case number is close to yours.
Please keep me posted if you ever receive 45 day letter

Good luck to all

Congrates !!

smallriver said:
Long time never been here. Just let you guys know that my LC was cleared last week. It is not a very exciting news, since I was not excited when got the Email from the lawyer.

My PD 10/23/2001
RIR, FROM Maryland.

Congrates..it raises my hopes again...just completed my 4 years of waiting !!

NY Wakeup Call -One More RIR Feb 2002

jj71
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2005

Labor approved!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY, RIR, Feb, 2002
Approved with no inqueries or 45 days letter

Congratulations

jj71,

Congratulations and wish you all the best for your 140 process. I am not sure, but I heard you could apply for 485 and retro will be considered for final approval i.e. still you could get your EAD and AP.

Hope all 2001 cases will be cleared and PBEC will catch up on 2002 cases soon.

jj71 said:
NY, RIR, Feb, 2002

jj71 said:
NY, RIR, Feb, 2002

Congrats!!!

It looks like approvals are finally starting to trickle down from Philly. It is definitely a good sign for folks with PD between April 2001 and June 2002.

Wait for Santa Claus Gift - You are Next

atyagi73 said:
Congrates..it raises my hopes again...just completed my 4 years of waiting !!

Wait for Santa Claus Gift - You are Next as PBEC is seriously claering 2001 cases now

you didn't write about year? which year???? :D just kidding... :p I know old labor from July 09th 2001 in DBEC. still waiting.. anyway good luck to all. :rolleyes:
saknia said:
Wait for Santa Claus Gift - You are Next as PBEC is seriously claering 2001 cases now

Last edited by a moderator:
H-1B visa curbs may end the American dream

At the tender age of 31, Praveen Suthrum would already seem to have achieved the American dream. He came to the United States from India in 1999 to work as a software consultant.

He got an MBA from the University of Michigan, worked on a book about emerging economies with the star professor C K Prahalad, and consulted on technology initiatives for Iraq's new government.

Last year, Suthrum started NextServices, a company in Ann Arbor, Mich., that codes doctor's bills and collects insurance payments.

Yes, you could almost hear a Rotarian extolling him in a speech about the enduring virtues of the land of opportunity -- except for the inconvenient fact that Suthrum is currently stuck in Mumbai.

To read entire news please click here

smallriver said:

My PD 10/23/2001
RIR, FROM Maryland.

Congrats Smallriver :)

orissa said:
Thanks orissa.

This is a Nice article portraying the troubles one can have here regardless of his experience and credentials.

Infact we should request Stepahnie of Inc to write about the PBEC mess as well. ( as follwoup to this Immigration article)

Guys who are intiating awareness with the press- You have any Drfat to send for this

If so you can send a draft to Stephanie of Inc.com

Friends,

Check this out. This article on Green card issues was published onto one of indian web sites.

http://www.greatandhra.com/business/greencard_usa.html

Infotech: Greencard Visa unavailability for Software engineers in USA

Painful story of legal immigration and big investment loss to the government.

There are debates on legalizing illegal immigrants but no attention is being paid to the plight of LEGAL immigrants who have been waiting several years while their application for permanent residency languishes due to an issue called "Retrogression".

Retrogression is a condition that is expected to further cause lengthy delays (in years) in providing greencards to people who are legally working here in the USA.

This is frustrating at best, because professionals of the highest quality, tax payers who have contributed to the US and households who brought family values to this country are going through pain and agony.

And keep in mind that these are LEGAL immigrants who have invested several years in the country. Moreover they are researchers, scientists, doctors, & engineers people that contribute powerfully to the USA.

The impact of retrogression is devastating. In spite of investing several years in the country, one is unable to settle down and become a permanent resident.

- There is no flexibility to change jobs or even titles, leaving enough room for employer exploitation and keeping the wages low
- Spouses are not allowed to work.
- The visa status has to keep being extended
- The person has to leave the country with NO grace period of he or she loses their job.
- In this state of flux, it is impossible to make decisions like purchasing a house, having children, etc

This is the story of thousands of hard working to-be legal immigrants. Non-immigrants undergoing treatment for serious illnesses have to worry about the continuity of the treatment. The inability of their spouses to work add to the misery since they are handcuffed to add any value to the household income. There dependant's can not apply for the Social Security Number either.

Thare are many painful stories as there are nearly 400,000 people affected by the retrogression and are facing serious trauma due to retrogression. Many people are feeling doom and gloom over the delays in the I-485 processing for most employment-based categories. The Senate and the House are discussing this to resolve it via section 8001 of the S.R. 1932 allowing applicants to file for adjustment of status even if the visa number is retrogressed. This will not only help resolve this issue but will also encourage generating huge amount of US revenues and taxes by raising the fees on these Visas. Failing to pass this bill will not only make potential loss of billons of dollars in investment and growth opportunites for americans but also frustrate hundered and thousands of brains to look for alternatives. The govt is blind not taking any immediate actions and letting other nations such as Europe, Australia and Asia to take advantage. In lack of an immediate action, will be a big innovation loss for US and an eventual brain drain to Other countries.

Written By Sridhar R Govindu

Last edited by a moderator:
House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

The report that said that includes sec 8001 (Recapture of unused Visas Numbers) is unofficial. It can be wrong.
Lets wait for an offical report !!

it was a rumour ...grrr

AILA has released information that the S. 1932 which the House passed early this morning did not include visa recapture and H-1B.

Choclito said:
The report that said that includes sec 8001 (Recapture of unused Visas Numbers) is unofficial. It can be wrong.
Lets wait for an offical report !!