Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ImmiVictim said:
Guys.. can anybody tell me that if Pakistan is in the list of retro or non reto countries.

Thanks
Non-Retro. The Birth place is what matters when it comes to I485; not your country of citizenship.

Why retrogression is good for PBEC victims

USCISisMockery said:
Atlast there is some good news.

But I don't want to think about worse scenerio where visa dates becomes current and PBEC is still stuck at 2002.

I don't think visa dates will become current any time soon.
My feeling is that they will move to end of 2001 quickly and then slow down.
A lot of people filed in 2002. In one way retrogression is good for
us - at least the DBEC folks from 2003 and 2004 who got the LC cleared
won't be able to jump ahead in queue, while we are stuck with PBEC..

This is probably my wishful thinking, but with the gap between the progress of two backlog centers getting larger and larger, wouldn't there be any peer pressure on PBEC? I thought there had been some changes in management positions.

rollingstone said:
I don't think visa dates will become current any time soon.
My feeling is that they will move to end of 2001 quickly and then slow down.
A lot of people filed in 2002. In one way retrogression is good for
us - at least the DBEC folks from 2003 and 2004 who got the LC cleared
won't be able to jump ahead in queue, while we are stuck with PBEC..

Stefanco vs H1B visa holder

Certifying Officer may be under a impression that all H1B visa holder will gave up soon for long waited labor Certification approval. Perhaps he have no idea most of them here will have patience and will wait and wait, untill 10th, 11th, 12th .....year extension.

Nobody knows how long it will take, We are 100% in mercy of DOL.

And may I add: we are 100% in mercy of our employer too.

orissa said:
Certifying Officer may be under a impression that all H1B visa holder will gave up soon for long waited labor Certification approval. Perhaps he have no idea most of them here will have patience and will wait and wait, untill 10th, 11th, 12th .....year extension.

orissa said:

True, I think that PBEC is under the impression that we would just convert our cases to PERM instead of waiting... I had contemplated that idea as well as doing a fresh perm... but it just not worth it... My PD is 03/02.. I didn't want a new PD... or in the case of conversion... very risky... the denial rate of PERM application is just too high.. and also the speedy approval rate of PERM applications do not apply to conversion cases.. there are guys who have been waiting since May for their approval.. They are just chucking those case aside and just concentrating on fresh cases.. How unfair... :( .. We don't want to run from one queue to another...

Anyway... as much as possible try to hang on... we need to show the PBEC people that we are strong..

gcco

This is from NY SESA tracker posted on Dec14th 2005

Labor Certification Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY. Applied on Jan 31 2002
RIR/EB3
Attorney recieved&responded to 45-day letter in Mid October.

Anyone have an idea how long the I-140 takes now ?
Can someone direct me to the correct forum to track I-140 progress ?

orissa said:

I think it would have never got to this mess if our employer and lawyers had participated when DOL was creating BECs.

Why they care, For lawyers yearly H1b extension is like :The Goose with the Golden Eggs" .

For employers its free insurance against market debacle. They are geting young intellegent H1 slaves working for them 9-10 years without asking anything. And when bad time comes, its DOL who will kick them out. So they are never to blame.

I can't believe, not a single lawyer has spoken about PBEC delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcco said:
True he cannot maintain his current PD.. but he is from non- retro country.. If he is elligible for Eb2 .. it's current. He has a choice that most of us do not .. and he might get his GC even before we apply for I485 :( . Provided your scenario of LC approval comes true.

However, if he is elligible for Eb3 only.. he should weigh his pros and cons.. It might not be worth unless he forsees a layoff in his present job.

cantstandit, do your research before you come to a decision.

gcco

thanks GCCO and USCISMOCKERY for your comments ... when I mentioned filing PERM, that would mean losing my 2002 PD. I'm fine with that, because my immediate problem is keeping the current job for 2 or more years ... I'm almost certain that's not gonna happen, because of the way the company sees me ... in a consulting environment, if you don't get promoted every 2 years you're seen as "not motivated", "not interested", and unfortunately that's what happened to me, since I got stuck with the LC ... I'm to blame, no doubt about it, I got burnt out with consulting and the company finally realized it.

I hope it doesn't happen the same with other people here.

cantstandit, A point to note - you can get 3 year extension of H1 if your I140 gets approved, irrespective of number of days passed since LC filing date.

cantstandit said:
thanks GCCO and USCISMOCKERY for your comments ... when I mentioned filing PERM, that would mean losing my 2002 PD. I'm fine with that, because my immediate problem is keeping the current job for 2 or more years ... I'm almost certain that's not gonna happen, because of the way the company sees me ... in a consulting environment, if you don't get promoted every 2 years you're seen as "not motivated", "not interested", and unfortunately that's what happened to me, since I got stuck with the LC ... I'm to blame, no doubt about it, I got burnt out with consulting and the company finally realized it.

VAhoper said:
And may I add: we are 100% in mercy of our employer too.
Guys I am a regular in this forum and I know everyone is disappointed and frustrated. even I get disappointed after I see PBEC mess. my suggestion is dont let PBEC mess affect your life. be positive ..life in India is not bad and it does have its advantages. The worst that may happen is that we have to go back to India and to be honest I dont think it is that bad. we may earn less in India but then cost of living is also less and you can enjoy more ...most likely majority of us will get GC and most lawmakers realise that if one H1-B person goes back then the job/taxes/services also go back with him. In short be positive, save as much as you can in bank/ deposits and enjoy life ..(I know I will get some bricks for raising an issue which is unrelated ..but I hope it will cheer some !!!)

cantstandit said:

If your case is straightforward (Masters, EB2, good resume and decent company (new one), don't want to maintain PD) PERM is the way to go. I have seen approval within a month for decent cases (criteria as described above). As you are not born in retro country, its clear choice. If it was retro country, I won't even think about PERM.

sara2003 said:
Labor Certification Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY. Applied on Jan 31 2002
RIR/EB3
Attorney recieved&responded to 45-day letter in Mid October.

Anyone have an idea how long the I-140 takes now ?
Can someone direct me to the correct forum to track I-140 progress ?

Hi

Has this NY case approved from PBEC.

For I140 issues you can go this General Thread- General I-140 and Related Issues - http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

For tracking it depends on where you file and Service Center wise there are Trackers ( Like Vermont Service Center I-140 ). Based on wher you file you need to go there

nshalady said:
cantstandit, A point to note - you can get 3 year extension of H1 if your I140 gets approved, irrespective of number of days passed since LC filing date.

I think this should not even be a deciding factor.. If you plan on staying with company then the 3 years extension is good. But if your job is on the line and you want to move, it doesn't matter as you would need to file H1 and LC again from new company.

But guys who are sick of present emplyer/job etc. Hang on to your job until you clear LC and get I140 approved. With I140 approval from Co A you can move to Co B and retain your PD. Once I140 is approved PD is yours, provided.. the new job is of same salary, scope, eb category..
And another plus factor is Co B can be anyway.. doesn't even have to be in same state as Co A.. You would need to file a new LC, and I140 from Co B but you can retain your PD..

But again this is for guys with no choice. For others, if you can, just stay with Co A and get GC then leave... I personally would not do it unless I see a lay-off in my future. It is just too risky.. What happens if Co B is worst off then Co A? If you guys are thinking of working for body shops... what happens if they mistreat you, don't pay salary on time... or worst off, they are a shabby co... If and when you can, read up about such cases in this forum... there are many..

These are the possibilities.. if you are thinking of leaving Co A... always do your on research, check with lawyer and make sure Co B is a reputable, sound co.

( All this info was gather by me two months ago, from forums and attorneys, when I wanted to leave Co A...I have been with Co A for 6 years..:( However, I decided not to with the risks involved. I am going to hang on till GC.. if possible..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for other options

My PD is Oct 2003, EB3, and still no 45-days letter or any other good news. So, I talked to my employer's immigration department and they indicated that they could file my I-140 directly under L1A, because I was with my employer's overseas office as assistant manager for more than a year before coming to the US. I have already received my managerial experience letter from our overseas office, and my manager here in US has agreed to give me an offer letter explaining my managerial job duties.
Hopefully I will be able to file I-140 soon, and I-485 as soon as visa numbers are available. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GreenCard_VA said:
My PD is Oct 2003, EB3, and still no 45-days letter or any other good news. So, I talked to my employer's immigration department and they indicated that they could file my I-140 directly under L1A, because I was with my employer's overseas office as assistant manager for more than a year before coming to the US. I have already received my managerial experience letter from our overseas office, and my manager here in US has agreed to give me an offer letter explaining my managerial job duties.
Hopefully I will be able to file I-140 soon, and I-485 as soon as visa numbers are available. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good for you.. remember that you should have worked as a manager in the overseas office at least one full year in the three years immediately prior to your employment in the U.S..

good luck

PERM Question

I am a Sr.Software Engineer (MA). I have Non-RIR LC pending at PBEC with PD Jun-2003 on 7th year. I have MS ( 5+ years experience ) with current company. I am thinking of filing a new case under PERM EB2.

Should I do it considering the retrogression ( am from retro country )?

PERM conversion is very risky because of the prevailing wage issue and on-the-job experience. My wage is very close to the median. And the 5+ years is with the same employer. I joined the company as Software Engineer and got promoted to Sr.Soft Engineer.
What lawyer say's is that my on-the-experience is an issue, Is this really a problem?

If my employer starts recruitment for e.g send a job order to SWA and put ad's. After 30 days based on the responses lets say if my company decicdes not to proceed. What are the negative consequences on pending LC and future PERM filing?

If i leave current LC at PBEC and file a new PERM EB2. let's say if it does get approved,
and also file I140 let's say if it does get approved. Get a 3 year extension, then can i still proceed with old LC at PBEC for old PD.? Is that legal?

LC Non-RIR EB3

Has anyone from MA / Non-RIR /EB3 received permission from PBEC to do the recruitment?

According to my lawyer, PBEC is mainly focussing on RIR applications at this time.

How does one decode PBEC case# P-05173-XXXXX ?