Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Senate Floor to Debate Instructions to S.1932 Conferees Tomorrow

Senate is scheduled to debate the instructions to S. 1932 conferees tomorrow morning after the regular business session. The businesses, academic institutions, and employers should contact the Senators tonight via fax or e-mail and ask to retain Section 8001 and 8002 immigration packet.

Source - Immigration-law.com

GCTitan said:
I totally agree with GCSyndrome's opinion on 2004,2005 cases.Refiling in PERM is a better option.A 2004/2005 PD is not something precious to loose. (mine is March 2004 and i am trying to convince my company to do PERM for me)
Though we may need to wait for an opportuity to file 485 even after getting a real fast PERM labor i feel encouraged by thinking about the following possibilities

a) ATLANTA DOL becomes the last DOL in PBEC's lucky draw for processing in which case a 2003 case in Atlanta might be processed somewhere in 2009 Dec

AND

2006 dates becoming current in the visa bulletin

b) Selfish attorney's/lobbyists (Hey.. there are lots of people worried about retrogression and not about folks like us in backlog centers..They will try to get our support for their cause..Some even will do us a favour by suggesting to click their link to get free cameras,ipods...) succeeding in breaking the FIFO and removing the visa retrogression.

I feel this delay is due to the full data entry. Why do BECs need the full data to be entered before they start the processing in full swing? Since the abbrevated data entry is complete(i belive so), why not BEC start processing applications and do the full data entry as they go.

Why do BECs need the full data to be entered before they start the processing? Can any smart person answer this.

Friends,

Does anyone have idea how PBEC handle multiple Labor certifications from two different states for the same alien by the same employer?

Thanks

sophia85 said:
Hi,
My friend just called me today, she said she got her 45 day letter. I was surprised, because her PD is Feb/2005, which mines is Feb/2004, but I haven't received my 45-day letter.
Then I call PBEC, the lady got my call said my friend was tell me a lie. I laughed, because how can?! After I expressed myself in this way, she said, " then you mean I am lying?", if she wanted to scare me, she did it.
Then my friend faxed the 45-day letter to me, now I am trying to fax the letter to PBEC, to let them know that I am not lying.
After I calm down a little bit, I am thinking the difference between the two cases. The only difference between them is hers went to PBEC from State, but mines from Atlanta DOL. Will this make difference in the process?
Since it looks like no way to verify if they got my case, what I can do is come here, and asking: how many people with PD in 2004/Feb still haven't gotten their 45-day letter.
Please, let me know. Help!!!

Thanks.

Lots of people ...mine is mar/2004 ...atlanta DOL ..my friends whose PD is later than mine and was in state have recd their 45 days letter.
difference in process is that they may get LC before yours or both may never get certified ...PBEC is a complete mess. you can ask your lawyer to find out more ..other than that if you are weak hearted then you might as well go to sleep and think that you never applied for GC ....

roh_nanda said:
Senate is scheduled to debate the instructions to S. 1932 conferees tomorrow morning after the regular business session. The businesses, academic institutions, and employers should contact the Senators tonight via fax or e-mail and ask to retain Section 8001 and 8002 immigration packet.

Source - Immigration-law.com

What are you talking about ? If this is regarding decreasing L1 fees or increasing H1, <removed> all the curse words <\removed> Lot of people has shown desire that they are not interested in such bills till your law firm is interested in doing something about PBEC mess.

People, don't encourage them by supporting their selfish L1 fees agendas.
Please, understand what it is before supporting any random bill.

USCISisMockery said:
People, don't encourage them by supporting their selfish L1 fees agendas.
Please, understand what it is before supporting any random bill.

Well said Mockery !!! Attorneys have not tried to push the issue of the BEC but they have no shame in asking us to help them make more money ... enough is enough ! They move their ass off their chair and do something for us and in return we will do something for them
:D

agron said:
Can somebody explain the abbreviations used in the replies. Like PD, RD 45 day letter, etc. I know that my papers were filed 2/04 at Harrisburg, PA. Approved by them in August 04. Was sent to Philly , not Backlog center.Then transferred to Backlog center. Got copy of 45 days notification letter in February 05 from lawyer. Called Backlog center in August, but at that time no news. It was being processed. What is really frustrating is that those who applied after I did using the new system already have their papers approved.
Thanks for any info.

Plaese go to Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking and read through First and ask some Guru's there.

This Thread is only for posing approvals. Not a Discussion Forum

agron said:
Can somebody explain the abbreviations used in the replies. Like PD, RD 45 day letter, etc. I know that my papers were filed 2/04 at Harrisburg, PA. Approved by them in August 04. Was sent to Philly , not Backlog center.Then transferred to Backlog center. Got copy of 45 days notification letter in February 05 from lawyer. Called Backlog center in August, but at that time no news. It was being processed. What is really frustrating is that those who applied after I did using the new system already have their papers approved.
Thanks for any info.
PD: Priority date - Date on which your Labor application was received by State
RD: Regional Receive date - Date on which your Regional Labor Office received your case after being approved by State

So, your PD is 02/2004 and RD is 08/2004

You can also apply again thru the new system and obtain a Labor approval in a few months.

There are tens of thousands with PD in 2001/2002/2003 waiting. Your PD is 2004. So, be patient.

GCTitan said:
This makes a difference .If you see the PBEC certification tracker in this forum you can see many of them were transferred from Phily DOL and only one (that too special handling case) which was transferred from Atlanta DOL.
Unfortunately this factor might cause additional delays if you were from a unlucky DOL !!

Hey what can we even do if PBEC decides to complete cases transferred from one DOL at a time and if Atlanta DOL being the last.Heee Ha....

Hi my case is also from Atlanta DOL.
But why I haven't recieced 45-day letter? Your PD is Mar 2004 and came from AT DOL, mines too, and with PD in Feb 2004, can I do an inquiry about this?

You can do an enquiry.But believe me you probably wont get a satisfactory answer.they wont accept their random processing and data entry.And again there were quite a few of those who got their approvals (in DBEC) without getting a 45-day letter.The 45 day letter seems to be one of the delay tactics played by BECs.

I am sorry about a negative tone..but this seems to be the truth.

sophia85 said:
But why I haven't recieced 45-day letter? Your PD is Mar 2004 and came from AT DOL, mines too, and with PD in Feb 2004, can I do an inquiry about this?

Any approvals from Philly?

Have not heard many approvals (except just one non-rir) from PBEC? Any approvals in the recent couple of weeks. PBEC seems to keep a pace of one case per month now.

the worst is there is also no new H1 screen shot post recently,

this made me believe that this forum only has a small percentage of people.
The approvals here can not represent anything in both BECs .

VAhoper said:
Have not heard many approvals (except just one non-rir) from PBEC? Any approvals in the recent couple of weeks. PBEC seems to keep a pace of one case per month now.

Any other forums where there are LOT of postings?

Chinglun

OK. Know of any other forum/s where there are lot of postings related to LC ?

Appreciate if could post the link/forum name

Regards
ShivaB

chinglun said:

sophia85 said:

My priority date is Oct 2003 and still did not get 45 days letter. I don't think you need to worry just coz it did not come for you, we are all with you in this unfortunate voyage.

chinglun said:

You don't even have to stated anything regarding this forum. If you want to find a big percentage let's see 100% accuracy as far as total approvals from each BECs, why don't you contact them directly.

If you thing this forum is not for you, nobody force you to join us here.
at least for some of us, this place do give the update info regarding BEC and consolation that there some one that willing to share the knowledge of what's going on and share their current status. not just negative comment.

It's been bad enough waiting without knowing when this pain situation end.
at least by join this forum most of us get a some consolation and make this situation more bearable.

So instead shared your comment why don't you share your knowledge and your case status. I guess that will be much better :)

Jan '06 visa numbers are in

Jan visa bulletin has been published.
Highlights, for India:

EB2: Jan 2001
EB3: Jun 99

Hey, that's an improvement. The numbers for november were:

EB2: Nov 99
EB3: Jan 98

So at least something to cheer us up for the holidays :)

yes ...

but recently, there is no news from PBEC. My lawyer said "please wait for couple more months "

anyway, my status is in my signature .

katrina17 said:
You don't even have to stated anything regarding this forum. If you want to find a big percentage let's see 100% accuracy as far as total approvals from each BECs, why don't you contact them directly.

If you thing this forum is not for you, nobody force you to join us here.
at least for some of us, this place do give the update info regarding BEC and consolation that there some one that willing to share the knowledge of what's going on and share their current status. not just negative comment.

It's been bad enough waiting without knowing when this pain situation end.
at least by join this forum most of us get a some consolation and make this situation more bearable.

So instead shared your comment why don't you share your knowledge and your case status. I guess that will be much better :)

VAhoper said:

Friend of mine got LCA approved 2 weeks back. It was a pleasant surprise for him - he contacted our company immigration lawyer for extending his H1B for 7th year and got back from lawyer with LCA approval news. His PD is March 2002 and was filed from VA. Also heard from my friend one another approval for PD April 2002 was received by our lawyer.

rollingstone said:
Jan visa bulletin has been published.
Highlights, for India:

EB2: Jan 2001
EB3: Jun 99

Hey, that's an improvement. The numbers for november were:

EB2: Nov 99
EB3: Jan 98

So at least something to cheer us up for the holidays :)

Atlast there is some good news.

But I don't want to think about worse scenerio where visa dates becomes current and PBEC is still stuck at 2002.

venram said:
Friend of mine got LCA approved 2 weeks back. It was a pleasant surprise for him - he contacted our company immigration lawyer for extending his H1B for 7th year and got back from lawyer with LCA approval news. His PD is March 2002 and was filed from VA. Also heard from my friend one another approval for PD April 2002 was received by our lawyer.

Thanks for sharing the info with us. Can we conclude that PBEC has finally started approvals on 2002 cases (regional that is *LOL* :p ) ?