Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Checking

Hi all,

I received my 45 day letter from Philly BEC and replied.How can I check the current satus of my application in BEC.Want to know wether it is being reviewed or anything else.After the 45 day letter response was sent to BEC I dont know anything after that.

Thanks in advance.

PD : June 21 2004 EB3
45D Letter : Sep 10 2005
DOL : ATLANTA
Philly case# P-05252-#####

Welcome to hell hole. You are in for long haul so take a deep breath and get on with it.

Some months back there was a way to check status. You send an email at an id which was specific for seeking a proof for H1 B 7th year extension. In desperation everyone used it so much that STATUS field was removed from the reply. Still it can be used to check whether you exist correctly in the system. Check out the FAQ it should give you the id.

Enjoy you stay and pray that you do not end up in sitauation I am heading towards where after years of wait I find that company I work for, no longer needs me.

Good Luck

WaitingForLC_77 said:
Hi all,

I received my 45 day letter from Philly BEC and replied.How can I check the current satus of my application in BEC.Want to know wether it is being reviewed or anything else.After the 45 day letter response was sent to BEC I dont know anything after that.

Thanks in advance.

PD : June 21 2004 EB3
45D Letter : Sep 10 2005
DOL : ATLANTA
Philly case# P-05252-#####

need advice please

Folks, now it's my time to ask some advice !

I have 1.5 years left in my H1B, I'm in IT/Software Engineer/EB3, and my 6th year will end in May/2007. My PD is 11/2002, non-retro country.

For a number of reasons, I don't think I'll be able to stay with my employer for 2 or 3 more years, so I'm thinking of leaving them, and transfer to another consulting company, under the condition they would file PERM for me.

My question is: suppose I find this new employer, and suppose they file PERM for me around April/2006, and suppose I get approved by say, June/2006, and that they file 140 and get it approved by August/2006.

Considering all that, would I be able to extend my H1B based on an approved 140 ? are there any deadlines that I'm not thinking about ?! any other considerations ?!

thanks for your comments

Hi, Guys

I suggest we need send a gift card to Stephen Stefanko for his hard working to let us down.

hufx said:
Hi, Guys

I suggest we need send a gift card to Stephen Stefanko for his hard working to let us down.

Good idea...let us all send him a happy holiday card at his home address...

Stefanko, Stephen

5740 Wissahickon Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19144

:D

cantstandit

cantstandit said:

I have 1.5 years left in my H1B, I'm in IT/Software Engineer/EB3, and my 6th year will end in May/2007. My PD is 11/2002, non-retro country.

For a number of reasons, I don't think I'll be able to stay with my employer for 2 or 3 more years, so I'm thinking of leaving them, and transfer to another consulting company, under the condition they would file PERM for me.

My question is: suppose I find this new employer, and suppose they file PERM for me around April/2006, and suppose I get approved by say, June/2006, and that they file 140 and get it approved by August/2006.

Considering all that, would I be able to extend my H1B based on an approved 140 ? are there any deadlines that I'm not thinking about ?! any other considerations ?!

thanks for your comments

cantstandit,
You will be fine. As long as you have an approved I140 by 05/07, or your new LC applied by 05/06, you will be safe. I'd say go for it as you have 1.5 years left.. With the current trends, most likely you would get your LC and your I140 approved by 08/06.. And even if approval trends change, you can still fall back on your new LC being applied 356 days before 05/07..

good luck and hope this helps.
gcco

sick_of_waiting said:

Stefanko, Stephen

5740 Wissahickon Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19144

Lets send him holiday card with message

"Happy Christmas, please clear up PBEC backlog by next Christmas and we will continue sending greetings every year" :)

or nasty one
"Thanks for spoiling our holidays, may we wish you go to hell, let Santa never visits your children and let you be alone every Christmas. Sincerely, PBEC sufferers."

cantstandit said:

thanks for your comments

I am not sure if you can surely maintain PD if job descriptions are similar. There are chances that your older case is withdrawn with newer one and you will get new PD.

Before making decision, consider that retrogress dates are moving forward and if you file PERM (with substitution) you older dates will be withdrawn. Just think of scenerio in June 2006, PBEC is approving 12/2002 cases, retrogression dates are at March 2003, and your PD is 06/2006.

What worst could happen?

This was on immigration-law.com

12/15/2005: Senate S. 1932 Immigration Packet Practically "Dead"
The Senate is scheduled to continue the preagreed motions for instructions to the Senate conferees as follows: DeWine Motion to Instruct Conferees to insist that any conference report shall not include the provisions contained in section 8701 of the House D1282amendment relating to the repeal of section 754 of the Tariff Act of 1930. GPO's PDFKohl Motion to Instruct Conferees to insist that any conference report shall not include any of the provisions in the House amendment that reduce funding for the child support program established under part D of title IV of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 651 et seq.), and to insist that the conference report shall not include any restrictions on the ability of States to use Federal child support incentive payments for child support program expenditures that are eligible for Federal matching payments. Kennedy Motion to Instruct Conferees to insist that the Senate provisions increasing need based financial aid in the bill S. 1932, which were fully offset by savings in the bill S. 1932, be included in the final conference report and that the House provisions in the bill H.R. 4241 that impose new fees and costs on students in school and in repayment be rejected in the final conference report. Reed Motion to Instruct Conferees to insist on a provision that makes available $2,920,000,000 for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Act of 1981 (42 U.S.C. 8621 et seq.), in addition to the $2,183,000,000 made available for such Act in the Departments of Labor, Health, and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006. A unanimous-consent agreement was reached yesterday providing for further consideration of the message from the House to accompany S. 1932 (listed above) at 3:30 p.m., today with a series of votes to occur on the pending motions to instruct Conferees.
Since the Senate would agree not to instruct the Senate conferees not to include the House amendment to the Senate version on the immigration packet, the original Sections 8001 and 8002 appear to be practically dead unless any unlikely miracle takes place.

Regarding No News here

chinglun said:
but recently, there is no news from PBEC. My lawyer said "please wait for couple more months "

anyway, my status is in my signature .

It is true that there is Big gap between number of people who are waiting at PBEC and who has joined and discuss here. That is one reason we see very few postings about approvals here ( some time one per week). No Doubt PBEC Slowness is another reason.

This forum is more helpful nowadays on discussing all issues around GC. We have more new people who have heard about this forum and has joined hand here ( especially people with P/D of 2004 & 2005). They constitute the majority nowadays. To see approvals from all these members might take time going by PBEC speed.We have not crossed 2001/ beginning 2002 barrier yet

Is he still the manager? I thought there had been some changes.

sick_of_waiting said:

Stefanko, Stephen

5740 Wissahickon Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19144

USCISisMockery said:
I am not sure if you can surely maintain PD if job descriptions are similar. There are chances that your older case is withdrawn with newer one and you will get new PD.

Before making decision, consider that retrogress dates are moving forward and if you file PERM (with substitution) you older dates will be withdrawn. Just think of scenerio in June 2006, PBEC is approving 12/2002 cases, retrogression dates are at March 2003, and your PD is 06/2006.

True he cannot maintain his current PD.. but he is from non- retro country.. If he is elligible for Eb2 .. it's current. He has a choice that most of us do not .. and he might get his GC even before we apply for I485 :( . Provided your scenario of LC approval comes true.

However, if he is elligible for Eb3 only.. he should weigh his pros and cons.. It might not be worth unless he forsees a layoff in his present job.

cantstandit, do your research before you come to a decision.

gcco

Last edited by a moderator:
cantstandit,

I am in same boat as you. H1B 6 year ending in May 2007. And I have been thinking similar to you. But given that S. 1932 has failed to pass, it has become even more important for us to hold on to our PDs. Because if you switch now, you won't be able to apply for 485 for a long long long time; wife can't work, you cant get portability etc.

It's a nightmare. So, I am deciding against switching for now unless they somehow address retrogression situation.

My 2 cents.

cantstandit said:

thanks for your comments

Anybody help !!

I filed my labor RIR in Aug 2001 from MD and received and replied 45-day letter in Feb 2005. Waiting for the approval since then....I am in 9th year.

Now I ran out of my patience and planning to change employer and file in PERM. I know, this will not speed up my GC process and loose my PD but Atleast, if 140 is approved, I can have 3 years h1b extensions instead of every year....one year extn has become a pain due to travelling restrictions and has become pain in a* to deal with attorney's year round.

What all your suggestions guru's !! Let me know your guess, atleast how much more time I should wait for before taking this decision....Thanks in advance

NAYAK said:
I filed my labor RIR in Aug 2001 from MD and received and replied 45-day letter in Feb 2005. Waiting for the approval since then....I am in 9th year.

Now I ran out of my patience and planning to change employer and file in PERM. I know, this will not speed up my GC process and loose my PD but Atleast, if 140 is approved, I can have 3 years h1b extensions instead of every year....one year extn has become a pain due to travelling restrictions and has become pain in a* to deal with attorney's year round.

What all your suggestions guru's !! Let me know your guess, atleast how much more time I should wait for before taking this decision....Thanks in advance

Since your case is RIR and PBEC is processing 2001/2002 Cases now you might get claered in one or 2 months time. RIR Cases once taken up get processed quickly.

Considering the Retro situation it better to wait for 2 -3 months than to Jump on another Queue

I would not do this ...

if I were you. It is much better to wait than change the employer at 9th year when your application is pending for more than 4 years. I suggest ... Don't even think about losing your priority date.

NAYAK said:

I am also in same boat.

Really frustrutated.

fastergcwanted said:
cantstandit,

I am in same boat as you. H1B 6 year ending in May 2007. And I have been thinking similar to you. But given that S. 1932 has failed to pass, it has become even more important for us to hold on to our PDs. Because if you switch now, you won't be able to apply for 485 for a long long long time; wife can't work, you cant get portability etc.

It's a nightmare. So, I am deciding against switching for now unless they somehow address retrogression situation.

My 2 cents.

Nayak

NAYAK said:

NAYAK,
don't even think of it.. I know that it is frustrating looking at PBEC's speed but... your PD is 08/01... anytime now you will get approved... say within 2 months... preparation time for PERM is about 2 - 6 months.. ... It's just not worth.. also... more importantly you loose your PD... I'm sure there would be many who wish they had your PD..

think it through before you act..
gcco

PBECIsKillingMe, fastergcwanted

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Really frustrutated.

Don't think of changing employers and loose your PD... It is just not worth it unless.. there is an issue of layoff.. or you are Eb2 from non retro- country.

gcco

NAYAK said:

Nayak:
I am also in a similar situation .. My PD is CA RIR DEC 2001 and I am finishing 7th year .. Once we are past 6 yrs, can we change employers.. How can we get H1 Transferred ? Is H1 Transfer allowed after 6 years...