Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor cleared

hi all,
I got to know of these forum a few weeks back and luckily i also got my labor cleared a few weeks back. :)
I am still single and was wondering if i can apply/start my 140 processing and then later on include my to-be wife's name in the 485 stage (may be next year or so) after i get married?

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002

Hi
After finding the record in this access db using the link

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

is there a way to find the case number assigned by BEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilwaiting
As mentioned, it "appears" most of the cases processed by BEC are those transferred from regional. Since you do not know if the case is trasferred to Regional or Not. The best bet for you would be to go to download the year your case was filed and search based on the company name and approximate date of filing. It also shows whether your case was sent to Regional or not. You need MS Access to view.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

GCDC said:
hi all,
I got to know of these forum a few weeks back and luckily i also got my labor cleared a few weeks back. :)
I am still single and was wondering if i can apply/start my 140 processing and then later on include my to-be wife's name in the 485 stage (may be next year or so) after i get married?

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002

Congrats GCDC

What is the exact date in Apr 2002. Mine too is Apr 2002. can you share your Pnumbers ( first ones)

All the best for further processing steps

Enjoy :)

GCDC said:
hi all,

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002

Hi GCDC

Yiu can file I140 immediately and wait for the New Retrogation Bill to pass. After that you can even file 485 and can add your wife just before the GC is finally approved. Since 485 might take sometime it is better to file 485 when you Visa dates are current. But since you are 2002 the current Visa efforts might bring the Visa date to 2002 hopefully. From then it might take 9-12 months for approvval of GC going by the Current Queue. It might be be even fatser as the Number waiting might reduce in Future. So it is better to plan your marriage in the next 6 months period

All the Best

GCDC said:
hi all,

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002
Wow...You must be one of the luckies person around here :) Congrats !

Can you please also mention if yours was RIR case, whether it went to region , what date and date on which 45 days was recevied and replied ?

GCDC said:
hi all,

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002

Congrats GCDC. Looks like I-140 gets cleared within a month. I saw several people posting about their I-140 approval within 2 months of their LC approval. I think you should apply I-140. Because I-140 approval will fetch you H1B extension for 3 years. I am going to apply this week. Lets see how soon i will get my 140 approval

whatheheck said:
Congrats GCDC. Looks like I-140 gets cleared within a month. I saw several people posting about their I-140 approval within 2 months of their LC approval. I think you should apply I-140. Because I-140 approval will fetch you H1B extension for 3 years. I am going to apply this week. Lets see how soon i will get my 140 approval

Thanks everyone for ur wishes (my wishes are with you all out there)
hang in there, and you will bear the fruits of patience :)

so basically what i got from the replies is that i can go ahead and apply for 140 and later on before applying for 485 i should get married ..correct ?
Thanks again ..it was nice knowing this forum (even though it was for short time)

Below is my case info
EB3 va -RIR
PD april 2002
went to regional
Recieved 45 day letter in DEC 2004

Another Approval
Labor cleared ( FROM GCDC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all,
I got to know of these forum a few weeks back and luckily i also got my labor cleared a few weeks back.

Best of luck to everyone
EB3 , Va
PD april 2002

Why AILA does not push hard about BEC delays?

Guys,

I still wonder why AILA does not have any agenda to pressurise DOL to clear permanent labor certificaiton backlogs.

On one hand, AILA member law firms advise us to stick to BEC and not thinking about re-filing under PERM. As per them, re-filing under PERM is risky. On the other hand, the same firms boast on their web-sites, how quickly they got PERM approvals for their clients. If they are so smart in getting PERM approvals for new cases, then, how come it is risky getting labor approved for re-filers.

Besides this, how quickly AILA got Visa retrogression reliefs introduced in Budget bill and got them passed on the senate floor? Amazing speed... But, why nothing is being done to address BEC backlog issue? Don't you really find surprising? Will you not agree with me that if AILA really wants this BEC backlog delays to be addressed, they definitely can get done at the same amazing speed?

I think we should ask to respected attorneys like Rajeev Khanna, Mathew Oh, Sheela Murthy etc. that why they are not helping us to let us get out quickly from this BMC hole. Rajeev fought with USCIS for I-485 delays, but he is not talking about BEC labor delays. This surprises me!

dvp1961 said:
Guys,

I still wonder why AILA does not have any agenda to pressurise DOL to clear permanent labor certificaiton backlogs.

On one hand, AILA member law firms advise us to stick to BEC and not thinking about re-filing under PERM. As per them, re-filing under PERM is risky. On the other hand, the same firms boast on their web-sites, how quickly they got PERM approvals for their clients. If they are so smart in getting PERM approvals for new cases, then, how come it is risky getting labor approved for re-filers.

Besides this, how quickly AILA got Visa retrogression reliefs introduced in Budget bill and got them passed on the senate floor? Amazing speed... But, why nothing is being done to address BEC backlog issue? Don't you really find surprising? Will you not agree with me that if AILA really wants this BEC backlog delays to be addressed, they definitely can get done at the same amazing speed?

I think we should ask to respected attorneys like Rajeev Khanna, Mathew Oh, Sheela Murthy etc. that why they are not helping us to let us get out quickly from this BMC hole. Rajeev fought with USCIS for I-485 delays, but he is not talking about BEC labor delays. This surprises me!

I think it is in the interest of AILA not to pressure PBEC. In my company, we have filed 200 perm labors becasue all the labor applications are stuck in different BEC's. Imagine the amount of money the attorney must have made to do this.

LC Prevaling Wage question

Guys,

Yesterday, I was looking at the http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx DB for my case and it looks like Prevailing wage rate column has $4K more than my proposed salary column. Is this a problem?

I checked on http://online.onetcenter.org/find/ for the Prevaling wage and the rate is less than my proposed salary (seems okay). My case made it to regional.

Any light on the above matter is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ready to contribute

dvp1961 said:
Guys,

Guys,

If someone can take up the PBEC delay issue to Rajeev Khanna, i am willing to support.

any takers?

PBEC and Dark Era

Hi, Gurus,

I got 45 day letter from PBEC, filed from non-RIR, PD: April, 2003. Now basically I had filed RIR on Nov 2003. Accoridng previous law you have to withdraw the traditional case before filing an RIR. Accoridng to my lawyer she requested to withdraw. But now seems like it never been withdrawn and I received 45 day letter. My lawyer is asking me wheather I want to proceed with this traditional case or not. Also she is not sure about the fate of this traditional case when they get my RIR case for the same position(where the lawyer requested to withdraw this tranditional case).

The same dum lawyer asked me to file PERM as EB3 case, with same position and requiement, got certified but can't file 485.

Please help what I should do now. Reply to withdraw my Non-RIR to withraw. I feel like those dum people in PBEC may withdraw both cases.

Please share you thought, suggestion, experience

- Thank
:confused: :( :eek: :mad:

gc_fever2005

If your PERM case is already certified for the same position and requirement, then why do you need the RIR and the non-RIR cases? Did your lawyer not mention this in the PERM application? That way you get to keep the priority date.

gc_fever2005 said:
Hi, Gurus,

I got 45 day letter from PBEC, filed from non-RIR, PD: April, 2003. Now basically I had filed RIR on Nov 2003. Accoridng previous law you have to withdraw the traditional case before filing an RIR. Accoridng to my lawyer she requested to withdraw. But now seems like it never been withdrawn and I received 45 day letter. My lawyer is asking me wheather I want to proceed with this traditional case or not. Also she is not sure about the fate of this traditional case when they get my RIR case for the same position(where the lawyer requested to withdraw this tranditional case).

The same dum lawyer asked me to file PERM as EB3 case, with same position and requiement, got certified but can't file 485.

Please help what I should do now. Reply to withdraw my Non-RIR to withraw. I feel like those dum people in PBEC may withdraw both cases.

Please share you thought, suggestion, experience

- Thank
:confused: :( :eek: :mad:

Because of dam Visa Retrogression!!!!

I would like get earliest priority date possible. So If I get my old case certified I will trash PERM :D

I do not think legal action will help!

I do not think any legal action against PBEC will help expedite the process. They will have some or the other excuse, that they will be able to convince. On the contrary, they might take it out onto the Labor applications. I think, the effective measures would be pressurizing the senior people involved with PBEC, like Elaine or Petricia that we all faxed or emailed to. Also the news paper or news channel coverage of how things are at PBEC should aslo be helpful. Letting know the govt people should also be helpful, like the congressman, senators could help too. I did my part. Not that it has done something that useful, but hey, they know the plight as reflected in phone call back to me.
Please DO NOT START CHAIN LETTER/FAXES. Each mail, letter,fax should be personalized.
But, again, ANY LEGAL ACTION AGAINST PBEC WILL NOT DO ANY HELPFUL.

PCChandra said:
Guys,

If someone can take up the PBEC delay issue to Rajeev Khanna, i am willing to support.

any takers?

Some folks have already tried to force DOL to speed up using courts...But the DOL has come up with a consistent reply that they have a very heavy load and they are doing everything they could with given resources...DOL has been very successful in doing that...They argue that they have made a new system PERM available and people should go file there. .Case filed against DOL have been thrown out from the courts..Now DOL has become bolder and they donot even care about court cases....With a few cases being thrown out, even the other courts become wary of taking up these cases...

The remedy would be to urge congress to hold hearings about the DOL irregularities....But at this point any discussion about immigration is not very popular in Washington and invites protests....I donot know what to do...

Here is the approval trend of Philly BPC (based on JustWatching's tracker):

Month ---------------No. of approvals.
###############################
May 2005-----------------------1
Jul 2005------------------------9
Aug 2005 ---------------------23
Sep 2005 ---------------------16
Oct 2005 ----------------------9
Nov 2005 ----------------------1

As you can see, October has been a bad month for Philly approvals and Aug has been the best month. Nov / Dec marks the holiday season and it is hard to expect a flood of approvals in these months.

tomshu, akela, orissa
Could any of you kindly call the PBEC hotline and get an update on what is going on?

Thank you.