Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Please somebody help me. I have filled my labor certification in January 201 in New york :( :confused: . Then it was converted into RIR in february 2002. Whuch one of these two is my priority date? I have not recieved my 45 days letter yet, my lawyer told me that I sould get it already and she does not know what to do in this case. What should I do. Thank you.

and "fastergcwanted" wants to know a good lawyer!!

Ask your lawyer for a fee refund and may be charge her some money to advice that she should call PBEC and they would listen to her as she is a lawyer (as long as she knows what the heck is she talking about). I can't believe that this country has such stupid lawyers, "Law & Order" sounds like a fairy tale for these easy money making blood suckers!!

Urszula said:
Please somebody help me. I have filled my labor certification in January 201 in New york :( :confused: . Then it was converted into RIR in february 2002. Whuch one of these two is my priority date? I have not recieved my 45 days letter yet, my lawyer told me that I sould get it already and she does not know what to do in this case. What should I do. Thank you.

How to check status

saknia said:
Since you PD i June 2002 (RIR) and they are working on VA MD & CA Cases very soon you might go to Final Review. Normally going by previous approval rates it takes 30 -40 days for approval from Final Review time

All the Best

Hi Saknia,

My PD: Nov 14, 2002
RD Sep 19, 2003
went PBLC from CA DOL
No 45 day letter

My company attorney checked with PBEC and confirmed case is active, but no 45 days notice yet. I don't what it mean. I know only state case number. I don't know Phil case number or CA DOL number.

Could you please tell me how to check status.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

One of the huge benefits which the just passed Senate Reconciliation bill, S. 2932, will offer to the immigrants is to allow filing of I-485 application for certain EB petition beneficiaries and their family members, even during the period of visa retrogression, upon payment of $500 fees. It is thus important that people understand who are covered by this provision.
The following I-140 petition beneficiaries will be able to file I-485 applications regardless of the visa number availability:
Those whose employer filed I-140 petition for him or her, but who could not file I-485 applications because of the visa number retrogression. This group includes two sub-groups: Group A: Those whose I-140 petition has already been approved at any time. Group B: Those whose I-140 petition has been filed and pending at the tme of enactment of this legislation. It appears that those whose I-140 petition is not pending at the time of enactment of this legislation, one may still be able to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 application during the period of visa retrogression inasmuch as the USCIS revises the current concurrent filing regulation. Otherwise, these group of people have to wait until their I-140 petition is approved before they can file I-485 applications. Those who are eligible for I-485 applications under this new legislation will be able to obtain EAD and Advance Parole pending their I-485 applications. Of course, their I-485 application will not be approved until the visa number becomes available.

Concentrate on Labor first

noluck2005 said:
Don't waste your time on bills, senate and other similar things retrogression will be solved by itself sooner than you think.
I would more worry about PBEC because without labor you can't do anything.
This is the same thing as you are upset because new 2007 Mercedes 600s is not out there yet and you want to buy it and all you have is 50$ in bank. account :D

I strongly agree with you. we should think of labor first.

Guys,

We are concentrating on the wrong thing. Nobody will ever think about
our suffering. The only thing we may complain is the wasting of the tax
payers money. We should send letters to senators stating the following:
1. Backlog Centers were created as a 24-30 months project to remove existing
backlog. They got enough resources and financing from the budget to do that.
2. After 1 year of operating PBEC has not even finished data entry and
reviewed very small percentage of cases.
3. If they operate this way it will take up to 10 (?) years to clear backlog.
So, after 24-30 months they will demand more money from tax payers to keep
their jobs and keep sleeping in their cubicles.
Actually, they are interested in their slowness. The longer they process our
cases the longer they keep their jobs. So we need to tell senators that
we suspect that the management of PBEC is doing everything possible to
make PBEC work as slow as possible.
We should demand either to improve their speed or to change the management.
Only tax payers dollars can do some pressure on them.
We should also demand more transparency. They must provide monthly statistics -
how many cases are processed, what is the current PD for processing, etc.
Let's do anything! This is the only way to make them work!

Question about H1

Hi,

Kindly apologize if this is a wrong forum for this question.

I am in my sixth and final year of my H1. It expires in Apr'06. Meanwhile, due to dirty politics in the company, I am getting frustrated and planning to look for a job elsewhere in US. I have already applied for GC thru this company and my labor seems to be stuck in PBEC. My question is -
Can I join someother company now (after H1 transfer) and still get an extension for the 7th year assuming that my new/fresh labor will be filed by the new company thru PERM?

Appreciate your help in answering this question.

Thanks

fastergcwanted said:
Guys,

I am thinking of refiling under PERM, can anyone suggest from their experience a good lawyer that I can go to?

I was thinking of contacting Murthy to start with, does anyone know how their fee compare with other lawyers? Any other suggestions? I am looking for someone really responsive and who can do things quickly.

Lawyer that filed my currently pending LC sucks big time, no answers, no suggestions, no response, no help and yeah they are one of the famous lawyer that big 5's go to after paying them lots of money.

But, this time around I am looking for different alternatives. Any help? Any reasonable estimate range for the whole GC process?

Thanks in advance.

fastergcwanted -- I am just curious to know who is your attorney now? My company's attorney also seems to be one of the big fives. But, poor customer service, delays in replying or filing to cases and also sometimes making mistakes... Most of the times paralegals work on the cases.

To rahulp1 - confirm with PBEC

Send email to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us requesting them to verify your application.
You need to give them the employer name and address as well as yours.
They will reply back to you in 2 hours.

rahulp1 said:
Hi,

My case details are

My PD: Mar, 2002
went PBEC from from NY
No 45 day letter

How can I check with PBEC to confirm case is active. No 45 letter but want to confirm my case is active. How can I do that. Please advise.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by a moderator:
45-day letters

Two of my collegues received 45-day letters in 2nd week on Oct 2005.
Their LCs were filed in Oct 2003.
Mine is filed in Nov 2003 but yet to get 45-day letter.
I email confirmed with PBEC that my application is active.

Send email to PBEC

Send email to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us requesting them to provide you proof of pending labor for extension of H1B (irrespective of whether you need to extend your H1b or not). The screenshot that you get in reply will contain your priority date. By the way, your employer/HR department can also call PBEC and find out the status of your case and ask them about when you might get your 45 day letter (they can also ask when you may get approved though they may not get a satisfactory answer). Your lawyer is not the only representative that can call PBEC.

Urszula said:

Quick Status Check (Philly BEC)

Hi all...my LCA was made to NJ SWA in Nov 2002 (RIR, EB2)...no 45 day latter yet...the corporate atty. tried contacting the Philly BEC and was told that no feedback will be given unless this was a case of 7th year H1b extension (which mine is not)...Any similar experiences to share??

Thanks,

Tracking Status with Philly BEC

Hi ICANY...How can one confirm via email with PBEC that the case is still active?

Thanks for the info.

lcaNY said:
Two of my collegues received 45-day letters in 2nd week on Oct 2005.
Their LCs were filed in Oct 2003.
Mine is filed in Nov 2003 but yet to get 45-day letter.
I email confirmed with PBEC that my application is active.

You are so right WTH.

I've had so many debates with my colleague, and we are of strong opinion that this country needs to clear out the lawyers mess ASAP. Immigration lawyers are also a part of it.

I'm yet to meet a person who has been happy with the services of his immigration lawyer. When my LC had to be filed, my lawyer took almost 6 months to perpare and file :mad:

whatheheck said:
This is not to discourage you. Almost all the assholes are like that only. This is my opinion. I hope someone could suggest you a nice lawyer.

ac233 said:
Hi all...my LCA was made to NJ SWA in Nov 2002 (RIR, EB2)...no 45 day latter yet...the corporate atty. tried contacting the Philly BEC and was told that no feedback will be given unless this was a case of 7th year H1b extension (which mine is not)...Any similar experiences to share??

Thanks,

Same here, Nov 02 NJ SWA, no 45 day letter.

I think 75% of PBEC cases might be filled by "big 5", why not we all publish their list and start calling them. I think we have all the rights to call them and ask whats going on. How the idea sounds ? I will start with:

www.visalaw.com, Siskind Susser

Is there anybody here who is happy with their immigration service ?
Fukers are geting thousands of dollars from our employers and what they do is fking buy condos in Manhattan whereas their paralegals (after secretaries they comes 2nd in the list of profession with most idiots) work on our cases. Sorry for my rant.

Or atleast we can send this letter
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1290174&postcount=7857

or these
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/files/

If you think, let others on the forum do it, then nothing will be done because everybody is thinking like you. Also please encourage your colleagues who are on sidelines to join this and yahoo forum.

Todays Target - Stephen Stefanko

Todays Target:
--------------------------------------------

Stephen Stefanko,
Foreign Labor Certification Manager,
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200,
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
T484-270-1500
F484-270-1598

------------------------------------------------

Guys lets everyone send fax to Stephen Stefanko.

Our goal is to target atleast one person every day.

Dont give up the fight. Nothing to loose.

Sample Letter

-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Stephen Stefanko:

I am a computer professional working in US on H1 Visa for last 6 years in same profession. As you know, my spouse on H4 dependent visa can not work – she has master’s degree with great enthusiasm to work.

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot.

Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow. While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of Sep-2003(Regional RIR Cases), Philadelphia BEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BEC’s.

Philidelphia Backlog Elimination center for GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and my spouses working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to look at us and the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow.

Can you please take necessary steps to speed up the process at Philadelphia BEC like what Dallas BEC is doing now?

Thanks and Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Your Address
Your Email

PCChandra said:
Todays Target:
--------------------------------------------

Stephen Stefanko,
Foreign Labor Certification Manager,
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200,
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
T484-270-1500
F484-270-1598
Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow. While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of Sep-2003(Regional RIR Cases), Philadelphia BEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BEC’s.

>> Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow.

Chandra, could you also tell us what dates PBEC is actually processing (2001? dec, ??). I know he/she would know but it'd be better if we also list the date. This would throw the facts right on their faces.

I am seriously fed-up with this bailgaadi pbec. ITs worse than bailgaadi in fact (Correction).

Do you know if I can file PERM (new application - new position) with my current employer? I am nearing my 6th yr completion Jun-2006.

where_is_my_gc said:
>> Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow.

Chandra, could you also tell us what dates PBEC is actually processing (2001? dec, ??). I know he/she would know but it'd be better if we also list the date. This would throw the facts right on their faces.

I am seriously fed-up with this bailgaadi pbec. ITs worse than bailgaadi in fact (Correction).

Do you know if I can file PERM (new application - new position) with my current employer? I am nearing my 6th yr completion Jun-2006.

Hello where_is_my_gc,

I think PBEC is processing very randomely.

Some cases in 2001 and some in 2002.

There is no pattern as of now.

But they are very slow in processing compared to DBEC.

If we continue fighting by sending letters and faxes they may wake up one day. At present they are in sound sleep.