Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Documenting PBEC's delays

Everyone,

I see many sample complaint letters being posted to this newsgroup. Most of them are general and not specific enough.

Why don't we do a comparison of the 10 latest approvals between DBEC and PBEC and send it to Leticia Sierra, Stefanko etc? We can pull this data from the BEC priority date tracker.

If there is enough interest, I can draft a sample letter. Everyone should customize it slightly for their case.

always_missing said:
Hi Saknia,

My PD: Nov 14, 2002
RD Sep 19, 2003
went PBLC from CA DOL
No 45 day letter

My company attorney checked with PBEC and confirmed case is active, but no 45 days notice yet. I don't what it mean. I know only state case number. I don't know Phil case number or CA DOL number.

Could you please tell me how to check status.

Only way to check is send a mail requesting proof for 7th year extension. Butthe Case Status filed is missing in that for sometime now. Eventhough you have not got 45 Day letter your case might still be approved. In case you just want to confirm that your case is there send an e mail in the format I have published here earlier ( check all my posts you will get it)

Moderator, please delete the posts with F words. I think this forum is for educated people not for ...........

Thanks

USCISisMockery said:
Same here, Nov 02 NJ SWA, no 45 day letter.

I think 75% of PBEC cases might be filled by "big 5", why not we all publish their list and start calling them. I think we have all the rights to call them and ask whats going on. How the idea sounds ? I will start with:

www.visalaw.com, Siskind Susser

Is there anybody here who is happy with their immigration service ?
Fukers are geting thousands of dollars from our employers and what they do is fking buy condos in Manhattan whereas their paralegals (after secretaries they comes 2nd in the list of profession with most idiots) work on our cases. Sorry for my rant.

Or atleast we can send this letter
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1290174&postcount=7857

or these
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/files/

If you think, let others on the forum do it, then nothing will be done because everybody is thinking like you. Also please encourage your colleagues who are on sidelines to join this and yahoo forum.

dvp1961 said:
fastergcwanted -- I am just curious to know who is your attorney now? My company's attorney also seems to be one of the big fives. But, poor customer service, delays in replying or filing to cases and also sometimes making mistakes... Most of the times paralegals work on the cases.

Fragomen is my current attorney. They took more than 1 year to prepare and file my case...I would have had priority date of mid 2002 otherwise. How about yours?

ITs ok!

April_fool said:
Moderator, please delete the posts with F words. I think this forum is for educated people not for ...........

Thanks

Hey chill man! Whats so non-civil about it?

USCISisMockery is contributing a lot to this forum

fastergcwanted said:
Fragomen is my current attorney. They took more than 1 year to prepare and file my case...I would have had priority date of mid 2002 otherwise. How about yours?

I first met my lawyer in Sept 2002. He took 8 months to file my case. I wish I had a better lawyer who could file within 3 months (including recruiting, etc). I would have had a priority date of Nov / Dec 2002 if my lawyer had done his job quickly. Once they get their money, they don't like to be very responsive. Sad, but true.

Last edited by a moderator:
fastergcwanted said:

It took my attorney one and half years to file my RIR case. However, as I found out later, the HR of my company not the attorney had been the roadblock for the filing. The HR just did not do its part even though it only had a simple role here.

source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

"The following I-140 petition beneficiaries will be able to file I-485 applications regardless of the visa number availability:

Those whose employer filed I-140 petition for him or her, but who could not file I-485 applications because of the visa number retrogression. This group includes two sub-groups: Group A: Those whose I-140 petition has already been approved at any time. Group B: Those whose I-140 petition has been filed and pending at the tme of enactment of this legislation. It appears that those whose I-140 petition is not pending at the time of enactment of this legislation, one may still be able to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 application during the period of visa retrogression inasmuch as the USCIS revises the current concurrent filing regulation. Otherwise, these group of people have to wait until their I-140 petition is approved before they can file I-485 applications. "

Not to stress the importance of this bill again. But, thought it would be utmost value to everyone here who is stuck at PBEC to be able to file 485 as soon as the LC is cleared. The scary part here is that people who don't have 140 pending/approved (FOLKS LIKE US), may not be able to take advantage of this legislation unless they change concurrent filing regulation. This is going to be a problem for all of us. How likely is that this regulation would change once the bill passes? Any ideas???

P.S. Ignore the post if you don't think this issue is important.

stucklabor said:
Everyone,

I see many sample complaint letters being posted to this newsgroup. Most of them are general and not specific enough.

Why don't we do a comparison of the 10 latest approvals between DBEC and PBEC and send it to Leticia Sierra, Stefanko etc? We can pull this data from the BEC priority date tracker.

If there is enough interest, I can draft a sample letter. Everyone should customize it slightly for their case.

I tried that already, they'll send you a canned response with the same old blah blah blah we've been hearing all along. Leticia even answered to an email, so they definitely read letters/emails.

But it won't hurt, at this point, anything is worth trying. Keep us posted if you get any replies.

Please do it.

stucklabor said:
Everyone,

stucklabor:

I welcome your suggestion.

If you can draft a letter and post here, i will support it for sure.

We need some sort of awareness effort get going everyday to wake up the sleeping PBEC.

Good luck.

cantstandit, where did you read the email leticia replied to? and what did she say? By the way, it is useless to send email to S.S. He literally is the reason of PBEC delay
cantstandit said:
I tried that already, they'll send you a canned response with the same old blah blah blah we've been hearing all along. Leticia even answered to an email, so they definitely read letters/emails.

But it won't hurt, at this point, anything is worth trying. Keep us posted if you get any replies.

45 days letter from PBEC

Finally.. to day I got my 45 days letter..I asked to my attorney respond ASAP..

JDK98
CTSWA - Non RIR
Jan 2003
P - 05145-3XXXX
45 days letter - Nov 7th 2005

hufx said:
cantstandit, where did you read the email leticia replied to? and what did she say? By the way, it is useless to send email to S.S. He literally is the reason of PBEC delay

She answered an email I sent her 2 weeks ago ... basically she copied and pasted this following text, which also appeared on the AILA website and others. It's bs, obviously, they don't really address any of the questions.

"In response to your inquiry, I have described the “first in, first out” (FIFO) process more fully below. As you can tell from this background information, although the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs) and ETA regional offices processing labor certification applications do follow FIFO procedures, a number of factors impact the order in which a case ultimately reaches disposition, relative to other cases in the permanent labor certification process.

In developing the backlog reduction system, we determined the most efficient approach was to establish two centers, which means applications will be processed in two locations. However, the overall productivity rate for the two centers is approximately the same.

In some cases, applications with an earlier priority date may be processed or reach disposition later than newer applications. Assuming two applications with the same priority date, there are several factors that account for different processing times for some applications. These include the type of application (RIR vs. TR), the stage of processing at which the application was received by the BEC (applications received from the regions have recruitment completed, and so are further along than those received from the states), the dates of other applications pending at each center (which determines each application’s place within the FIFO queue), the quality of the application (applications that raise questions take longer), and the response time of the employer to center requests for confirmation to continue processing the application."

T number

I sent email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and received the reply.
My case has a T number allocated to it.
This is what I meant as "confirmed to be active".

ac233 said:
Hi ICANY...How can one confirm via email with PBEC that the case is still active?

Thanks for the info.

Urszula

Your priority date is Jan 2001. Many folks have not got their 45 day letter. However, we are seeing dates in 2002 being approved now in this thread and your case with PD of Jan 2001 must've already seen light of day. You have to wring the arm of your lawyer (who I suspect isn't one!) to contact PBEC or DBEC and chase them for an update on your case. Act now!

I wish we all can be as casual and cool as you are, not knowing what priority date [PD] we have! No, I am not being sarcastic - I think your attitude is absolutely fine especially in the current immigration scenario where no one appears to know what would happen next. You will be healthier and live longer than most of us.

All the best to you.

Urszula said:
Please somebody help me. I have filled my labor certification in January 201 in New york :( :confused: . Then it was converted into RIR in february 2002. Whuch one of these two is my priority date? I have not recieved my 45 days letter yet, my lawyer told me that I sould get it already and she does not know what to do in this case. What should I do. Thank you.

srawal said:
After 4 years got my Labor approved. Here are the details. Good Luck to all. Atleast they are working ..but sssssssllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Maryland, EB3-RIR
PD=January 7,2002
RD= April 5, 2004
BPC - Phil - 45 day notice March 2005
BPC -Phil - 45 day reply March 2005
New Case# New Case # : P-04274-xxxxx

Approval Notice Recieved on November 3rd

Congrats Buddy.Looks like your wife has brought Luck for you ( May05)

I will support too

I believe mails with specific data and proof of what you are telling has much more effect.

PCChandra said:
stucklabor:

I welcome your suggestion.

If you can draft a letter and post here, i will support it for sure.

We need some sort of awareness effort get going everyday to wake up the sleeping PBEC.

Good luck.

MannyD said:
Your priority date is Jan 2001. Many folks have not got their 45 day letter. However, we are seeing dates in 2002 being approved now in this thread and your case with PD of Jan 2001 must've already seen light of day. You have to wring the arm of your lawyer (who I suspect isn't one!) to contact PBEC or DBEC and chase them for an update on your case. Act now!

I wish we all can be as casual and cool as you are, not knowing what priority date [PD] we have! No, I am not being sarcastic - I think your attitude is absolutely fine especially in the current immigration scenario where no one appears to know what would happen next. You will be healthier and live longer than most of us.

All the best to you.

Hi

Just some additional comments

This case got converted to RIR in 2002.( which will be Priority date as she moved from one Queue to another ) May be it is waiting for approval. Nothing wrong in checking . But no need to panick thinking the case is from 2001.