Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45 day letter

Hello Guys,

I recently got my 45 day letter. But ofcourse that doesnot mean much. I also talked to my lawter. He was very pessimistic. He was telling me PBEC has bunch of boxes in hand and he has no idea, how these guys will apply FIFO to all these mass. He was afraid the rest of LC process may be random, namely state by state (not according to priority date). He was telling me. BEC people can take one state and finish it off then continue with other state which will not be fair at all. But of course this is his opinion.

In the mean time, I was reading some perm forums.. those guys are very funny. One of them was saying: He applied to PERM 3 months ago and he still didnot get certified so he has no hope...... I was thinking "your case should be in PBEC and you see what is having no hope". Anyways...

NJ EB2
PD:January 2003
45 Day Letter: October 19 2005

Thank you for your responses, it looks i need to gain strength till Feb'06 .

My Case details:
SFO, EB3
PD: Aug'2002
RD: Aug'2003
PBEC: P-04321-xxxxx

butthead said:
I got my LC approved on September 20th and got the notice last week. Things are moving, so please keep your spirits up.

No Case Status Field

I checked my status using my yahoo account two days back and I got reply within an hour. But there is no case status field :(

afx05 said:
Guess, it varies for everyone. Last time I used yahoo and it took me 15 days get back the screenshot. I tried the second time again from yahoo couple of days ago, still haven't got anything. Am waiting....

USCISisMockery

Thanks in advance for this. Could you please post the list on this forum too?

USCISisMockery said:
I guess, faxing them or snail mailing them is the best way. They just can't ignore it. I will compile list of just fax number for all senetors and will post on Yahoo groups.

"Case status" filed missing...

Looks like, the PBEC guys are getting more emails and must have sensed many of them are for status check only... Probably that's the reason they have removed "Case Status" field from their standard reply format.

Last time I used 7th year extension email genuinely and got the reply in the instant with Case Status as RIR.
This time, I ran out of patience and tried that email...'got the reply though...but "case Status" filed is missing, just like other members in this forums complained.

:mad:

My friends LC approved from PBEC

His case information is as follows.

MD SWA: PD: Sept 01
Till last month his case status was RIR.
He got his approval letter yesterday. I have no other information. This guy work with me and sitting next to me.

I am waiting for mine as my case status is certified as of Oct 5th. :D

Great News whack-the-cheek ;)

I hope they clear all 2001 cases soon. I had checked my status in first week of Oct and it was still RIR.

MD EB3/RIR
PD: Jun 2001
RD: Feb 2004
45 day got: Feb 2005
Status RIR

Did the case made it to the regional ?

whatheheck said:
His case information is as follows.

MD SWA: PD: Sept 01
Till last month his case status was RIR.
He got his approval letter yesterday. I have no other information. This guy work with me and sitting next to me.

I am waiting for mine as my case status is certified as of Oct 5th. :D

Hi

Can you please find out from your friend if his case made to the regional ?

Thanks

ben123 said:
Looks like, the PBEC guys are getting more emails and must have sensed many of them are for status check only... Probably that's the reason they have removed "Case Status" field from their standard reply format.

Last time I used 7th year extension email genuinely and got the reply in the instant with Case Status as RIR.
This time, I ran out of patience and tried that email...'got the reply though...but "case Status" filed is missing, just like other members in this forums complained.

:mad:

ben123,
I am applying for the 7 year extension, got a reply from PBEC, mine is missing
'Case status' too.
These are the fillied in fields in my email
ETA Case Number: T-XXXXX-XXXXX
Processing Type : TR (I don't know what this means, any clue?)
Employer Name : XXX
Alien Name : XXXX
Proirity Date : xx/xx/xxxx
Case Source : State (any clue as what this means?)
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Is there any one who could explain as what is Case Source and Processing Type.

Thanks

md_alien said:
Great News whack-the-cheek ;)

I hope they clear all 2001 cases soon. I had checked my status in first week of Oct and it was still RIR.

MD EB3/RIR
PD: Jun 2001
RD: Feb 2004
45 day got: Feb 2005
Status RIR

md_alien
How did you check the status of your labor? is there any website.

orangs said:
md_alien
How did you check the status of your labor? is there any website.

How many Time you will ask this Questiona and How many times you need Reply for this Question ????

You check Status by sending 7th Year Extension proof.( only way. They won't reply if you say You need Status). Even for this in the last one week the Case Status Field is missing. Try send a mail in the format (I replied earlier for you on this) and get your Status

Sakina ; So nice of you!

saknia said:
How many Time you will ask this Questiona and How many times you need Reply for this Question ????

You check Status by sending 7th Year Extension proof.( only way. They won't reply if you say You need Status). Even for this in the last one week the Case Status Field is missing. Try send a mail in the format (I replied earlier for you on this) and get your Status

Sakina,
Thanks. I had not seen your earlier reply, might have missed it earlier, hence had to ask it again.

THANKS FOR YOU PROMPT AND A VERY POLITE REPLY.

atyagi73 said:
Looks like immigration reform propsal has been approved by judcial committee but ..so its some relief. But actual challenge is house and senate.
http://www.competeamerica.org/news/alliance_pr/20051020_visashort.html

Honestly, I don't care till I don't have my labor approved. And I am 100% sure by the time I get my labor something has been done about visa numbers because its PIA (pain in the a) for everybody and not just 300,000 of us in Philly.

In My Humble Opinion, we should just forget about this visa problem and focus only on BEC problem, I have confidenece in all of our lawyers that visa numbers will be fixed.

If you think in selfish kind of way, visa retrogression is better because PERM applicant and illegal all are suffering with us. Once these kind of bill becomes law, it will only be us who suffers.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck so far.

Sakina,I followed your format. no luck.

orangs said:
Sakina,
Thanks. I had not seen your earlier reply, might have missed it earlier, hence had to ask it again.

THANKS FOR YOU PROMPT AND A VERY POLITE REPLY.

Your point that we should focus on BEC is well taken. But I think focus should be more on PBEC. The question of interest in visa numbers will make sense if we try to answer the question "Why do we want a Green Card?"

USCISisMockery said:
Honestly, I don't care till I don't have my labor approved. And I am 100% sure by the time I get my labor something has been done about visa numbers because its PIA (pain in the a) for everybody and not just 300,000 of us in Philly.

In My Humble Opinion, we should just forget about this visa problem and focus only on BEC problem, I have confidenece in all of our lawyers that visa numbers will be fixed.

If you think in selfish kind of way, visa retrogression is better because PERM applicant and illegal all are suffering with us. Once these kind of bill becomes law, it will only be us who suffers.

Seems some good news

http://www.immigration-law.com/

* We have already reported that Senate Judiciary Committee approved H-1B cap increase by 30,000 per year. However, other sources reported that the Committee had approved at today's hearing the following immigration bills:
* Included in the measure approved today are the following specifics:
o "Recapture" employment-based (green card) immigrant visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years due to processing backlogs, and make them available again at a rate of up to 90,000 per year;
o Only employment-based immigrants, and not their spouses and children, would count toward the annual limit on employment-based immigration; and
o "Recapture" H-1B visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years, and make them available again at a rate of up to 30,000 per year.
* For the release of the official reports, please stay tuned to this web site.

What else do we need to wake up these bums at the PBEC...???!!!! They are spitting out now and then some 45 day letters and approvals...

I am too quite positive about the visa numbers happening...but what with our LC' stuck in PBEC....Cant imagine hanging and holding onto the same job in limbo

My case is Oct 2003 from NY...I see people still from 2001 waiting, so I am still fresh in the oven to be baked....