Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gcco said:
Yes I guess you can do that. .... but be 100% sure that your current employer doesn't withdraw your LC once you leave.. then you would not be able to do the extension next mth or whenever before May 2006 .. You see if you are even 1% unsure of whether your current employer is going to withdraw or not... it is not worth the risk.. just hang in there for just a month.. and do the transfer.. I think you can save some money & just do the extension and transfer in one application.. (check with your lawyer)

also do all transfers & extensions in premium.. that way.. you know for sure in 2 weeks or so.. instead of the 6 mths period..

Hope this helps..
gcco
GCCO, Great, I really appreciate your feedback. Nice to have people like you in this forum.

I will definitely wait for a month and then do the transfer and extension at the same time.

I am sending out my second letters to PBEC and Mrs. Chao soon.

Thanks again!

Any one checked Status Recently - Reply

driveto said:
Case status field is missing from the Reply from PBEC.
Mine was in final review when i inquired in Aug, i sent a mail on a friday and got reply today and there is no case status field in the template. What does this mean :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I too checked yesterday and it was missing. Iam also from VA ( Apr 2002). Is this misisng for those around Mar/Apr 2002 dates Or is it for all. If the Case status is missing for those having Priority dates around Mar 2002 & Apr 2002 I guess those are already Certified !!! :D ( High Hopes - Just my guess)

Other Memebers who has checked status in the past few days Reply please

Case Status

driveto said:
Mine was in final review when i inquired in Aug, i sent a mail on a friday and got reply today and there is no case status field in the template. What does this mean :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

State: VA, EB-3
PD: 3/2002
Case #: P-04247-xxxx

I had a similar case where the Case Status disappeared suddenly before the final approval. Hopefully your's is approved/about to be approved.

saknia said:
driveto said:
I too checked yesterday and it was missing. Iam also from VA ( Apr 2002). Is this misisng for those around Mar/Apr 2002 dates Or is it for all. If the Case status is missing for those having Priority dates around Mar 2002 & Apr 2002 I guess those are already Certified !!! :D ( High Hopes - Just my guess)

Hi Saknia,

I received the email yesterday with no status filed.... Earlier, 2 weeks back i had Status as Data Review.. Even I also wanted to ask the folks here that how long case is in data review before it gets certified...

NY
PD : 4/1/2002
45 replied : 09/2005
Case status : Data Review
ETA Case # : P-05123-90xxx

Letter to Immigration Comittee

Just found this letter posted on Yahoo group and would like to share it with all of you. It can also be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/files/sent.doc by budugudub

Please try to send it ASAP to each senator.

Re: Request for Inquiry into the Processing Delays at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and for Reforms to the Employment Based Green Card Application Process

MODIFY AS NEEDED [Honorable Member of the Senate and the Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship Committee:]

I write to you to seek relief from the interminable delays in processing Permanent Labor Certification Applications at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and to request your valuable attention to the just cause of legal employment based immigration.
Since XXXX, my employer's petition for a permanent labor certification with me as the beneficiary - the first step in my employment based Green Card application - has been pending a decision from the Department of Labor (DOL). While the DOL has implemented two processes – PERM and Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) – to reduce these delays, my company and I, along with hundreds of thousands of other such applicants, are continuing to endure a chronically and acutely opaque and slow process at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC). Between the two BECs formed by the DOL, at Dallas, TX (DBEC) and Philadelphia, PA, (PBEC), to process the labor petitions filed prior to March 2003, the PBEC appears to be plagued with a very paltry adjudication rate. For comparison, the DBEC appears to be processing labor petitions from the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2003 while the PBEC is languishing way behind and processing cases from the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2001! This translates into an enormous number of pending applications and lives and broken dreams.
Companies and beneficiaries from Alabama, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland (MODIFY AS NEEDED the state of my labor petition), Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia are enduring the most of the pending applications at the PBEC. So far, the DOL has not provided coherent answers regarding the estimated adjudication timelines. I urge you to investigate the source of these delays and to do the needful to alleviate these delays.
It is beyond doubt that the educated, resourceful, productive, and law-abiding aspiring legal immigrant community contributes positively to the economy, culture and vibrancy of this nation. However, with the forecasted wait to obtain a Green Card at more than 7 years, scant attention is being paid to the genuine needs of this community. I urge you to recognize the genuine need and request of the members of this community for timely adjudication on all phases of the immigration process.

Sincerely
XXXXXX

Thanks again!

Case Status Blank

Endeavour2003 said:
I had a similar case where the Case Status disappeared suddenly before the final approval. Hopefully your's is approved/about to be approved.

Hi Endeavour2003

Yours , mine and Driveto Prioroty dates ar ound 2002. Hopefully ours got certified.

whereismy_gc

whereismy_gc said:
GCCO, Great, I really appreciate your feedback. Nice to have people like you in this forum.

I will definitely wait for a month and then do the transfer and extension at the same time.

I am sending out my second letters to PBEC and Mrs. Chao soon.

Thanks again!

Glad, I could be of help.. I learned a lot of this forum too. You get more info here than from attorneys..

Anyway.. great job with the yahoo group :) ..
I need to get my second round of letters ready too..

gcco

I am sending letters today

It makes me mad thinking DBEC is processing Aug. 2003 cases (including CA). I will really be pissed if my coemployee whose priority date is 1 week older than mine and gets approved 1 year earlier simply because his case was transferred to Dallas and mine went to Philly.

I encouraged all who are with PBEC to fight!

I know someone mentioned of protesting in PBEC, what happened? If I am only in Philly I would file a 2 day leave from work and protest!

saknia said:
Hi Endeavour2003

Yours , mine and Driveto Prioroty dates ar ound 2002. Hopefully ours got certified.

I really pray that you are right. My PD is 03/2002 and I got a blank too...

gcco

javaconsultant said:
here is the reply I got for writing to Senator Dianne Feinstein.
I know it is a standard reply from any senator..but sharing the reply
since it has some phone and fax nos. which could be useful.

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your e-mail and
welcome
the opportunity to correspond with my constituents.

Unfortunately, due to the volume of mail I receive, I cannot
respond
individually to messages sent from third parties or websites other than
my
official Senate website. If you wish to send a personalized message
via
the internet, please use the email form on my website:
http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html. Please know that my staff will
tally
your input today.

If you prefer to fax your concerns to me, you can send them to
my
Washington office at (202) 228-3954. You can also call my Washington
office or one of my California offices to share your thoughts with me:

Washington, DC: (202) 224-3841
San Francisco: (415) 393-0707
Fresno: (559) 485-7430
Los Angeles: (310) 914-7300
San Diego: (619) 231-9712

Again, thank you for emailing me. Please know that every time
you
write a letter, send an email or fax, or call my office, your concerns
are
taken into account. I appreciate your understanding in this matter and
hope
to hear from you again soon.

I guess, faxing them or snail mailing them is the best way. They just can't ignore it. I will compile list of just fax number for all senetors and will post on Yahoo groups.

Case status check

saknia said:
driveto said:

Can anyone tell how to check the status of my case? is there any website
or any phone numbers. My case is pending with Philly Back-log center

Thanks

Hi ORANGS

orangs said:
Can anyone tell how to check the status of my case? is there any website
or any phone numbers. My case is pending with Philly Back-log center

Thanks

Warning : Check your Status only if your Priority date is 2001-2003. If you are 2004 Case wait till things pick up in PBEC

This is the format. You will gte reply in 10-15 minutues. Check and let us know your Status.You can send from your office email even. Better to send from Company e mail.

email: 'H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US'

Sub: Case Number: P-XXXXX-XXXXX

Madam/ Sir,

Would you provide me the documents that I would need to file the 7th year H1B extension .Following is my case details.

ETA Case Number: P-XXXXX-XXXXX

Alien’s Name: XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Date of Acceptance for Processing XX 2002

Employer: XXXXXXX

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanking you
Your Name

Are your cases from CA

gcco said:
I really pray that you are right. My PD is 03/2002 and I got a blank too...

gcco

Where did you file your cases(Which state)?. Mine is filed in CA and PD is Mar 2002. I havent heard anything after replying the 45 day letter. I recently sent an email to H1B7yr and waiting for the reply.

PBEC is way too behind Dallas BEC. I hope they pick up speed really soon. The holiday season is just a month away and it may further slow things down at PBEC. It has been almost 1 year since the BECs were set up. I really doubt their ability to adjudicate 345,000 applications in 24 to 30 months. Maybe, it is a trick played by BEC management team to have DOL extend the contract for another one or two extra years. Who knows what the inner scoop of information is...

Maybe that means nothing.

driveto said:

State: VA, EB-3
PD: 3/2002
Case #: P-04247-xxxx

Also get my status back two days ago. There was no status section. Never send email before. Maybe they just take measure to stop your inquiry in this way.

My PD was 12/2002

PBEC_LC2003 said:
Also get my status back two days ago. There was no status section. Never send email before. Maybe they just take measure to stop your inquiry in this way.

My PD was 12/2002

Please post your case details. We will add it to the tracker maintained by JustWatching. See my signature for an example. Thanks!

cpallapothula said:
Where did you file your cases(Which state)?. Mine is filed in CA and PD is Mar 2002. I havent heard anything after replying the 45 day letter. I recently sent an email to H1B7yr and waiting for the reply.
Hi cpallapothula,
weren't California cases with PD > May 2002 moved to the BECs? How did yours go into the BEC?

butthead is may '02...but got approved

cpallapothula said:

Hi cpallapothula,
butthead got approved whose PD is May 02 2002. Where as your's is Mar '02.
And not approved yet? Check with your lawyer first.

Also my understanding is that SFO DOL forwarded the applications received from May '02 to BEC. How come yours' being Mar '02, got transferred to this BEC hell?

Thanks