Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

whatheheck said:
I did my friend. There is no response. In fact i mailed them twice on two different days. No use.
Looks like Philly isn't as helpful as Dallas. On a lighter note guys, the whole thing is based on Goofy's law (no offense intended to Murphy's law or Goofy!) - If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.

neverknow said:
My employer fax'd the 45 day letter with "Gohead" to BPC Phlliy. Does any know is Fax is safe or mail ?

02/19/2005: DFLC Backlog Processing Center 45-Day Letter and Responses

The Backlog Processing Centers in Dallas and Philadelphia have been issuing so-called 45-day letters to the labor certification applicants as a first step to process these cases. The 45-day letter instructs that the response should be sent to the Centers via either mail or fax.

People must have noticed that currently there is no available channel to communicate with the Backlog Processing Centers. Accordingly, people do not have any evidence that their responses have indeed been properly received and processed by the Centers if they send their responses by fax. Transmittal by fax usually is confirmed by their fax machines in a form of printed report, but it is not a proof that any specific document was transmitted. This is particularly true with a large company or law firms that send out a number of responses via fax. A copy of their letter or transmittal sheet is not a proof. Considering the fact that the consequences of failure to file the response to the 45-day is very critical in that such application will be denied, it may be prudent that the filers use either certified mail return receipt request or overnight deliver services with the certified number or tracking number on the cover letter. The tracking confirmation and the cover letter with the tracking number will form a good evidence of the receipt of the responses by the Centers. Fax transmittal has an additional problem. The fax line of the Centers is constantly busy.

Source:
http://www.innigration-law.com
under breaking news.

Some_GreenCard said:
I called Philly BEC 484 270 1500 , it directly went to voice mail, but i finally managed to get somebody to talk and she informed right now they are issuing letters and with old case # and she will not be able to find there. She said, wait for the letter and that letter will have instruction how to find status etc, with new case #.

HTH's

Some_Greencard,

Have you gotten the 45-Day letter yet?

I got the following response from the email status check.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED
The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent
Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of
being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and
additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.
Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days
after responding to the 45-day letter.
Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

---------------------------
PD: 12/2003 (FL)
Sent to ATL: 04/2004
No Letter yet.

:) :D
MannyD said:
Looks like Philly isn't as helpful as Dallas. On a lighter note guys, the whole thing is based on Goofy's law (no offense intended to Murphy's law or Goofy!) - If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.

What if no 45 day letter has been received?

What is the way out if the 45 day letter is misplaced (??) in mail?
Does anyone know how to proceed/whom to send queries to in such scenario? My new case number is 04261-0XXXX (got from email inquiry), and looks like everyone after this is getting the letter, but for me.. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
M

45 Day Letter

GC_KRIS,

I got the same email as you did after sending a status query to Dallas BEC.
But, I see that some people having similar priority date (to mine) got their 45 day letters and case numbers.

How did they (BEC) know that case numbers in our case were not assigned yet, if they did not find it in the database. Are they maintaining a separate database for people whose case numbers have not yet been assigned? It seems to me that they are picking the cases randomly to enter into the database and not according to the date the regional received the cases from the SWAs.

Hopefully, we'll receive our letters soon. Just want to make sure that they did not displace our case during the move to the BEC :confused: .

Thanks,

Ari

Virginia SWA receipt date = July 3, 2003
RIR
Forwarded to Philly DOL = November 04, 2004
No 45 day letter/case number yet

Ari2002,

Does "NOT YET ASSIGNED" mean they have located our case (somewhere in that mess), but not entered into their database?

gc_kris

GC_KRIS,

I hope what you're saying is really the explanation for "Not Yet Assigned".

On the other hand, could it be a generic statement for cases which they could not locate/find?

I really hate to be skeptical but you know we have waited long enough in this whole process to learn that we can not take anything for granted.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Ari

Ari2002 said:
GC_KRIS,

I hope what you're saying is really the explanation for "Not Yet Assigned".

On the other hand, could it be a generic statement for cases which they could not locate/find?

I really hate to be skeptical but you know we have waited long enough in this whole process to learn that we can not take anything for granted.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Ari

GC_KRIS & Ari2002,
we are the same boat....
i got that email too...
cherrygums
SWA-VA
PD:4/11/03
RD: 9/21/04

Ari2002 said:
GC_KRIS,

I got the same email as you did after sending a status query to Dallas BEC.
But, I see that some people having similar priority date (to mine) got their 45 day letters and case numbers.

How did they (BEC) know that case numbers in our case were not assigned yet, if they did not find it in the database. Are they maintaining a separate database for people whose case numbers have not yet been assigned? It seems to me that they are picking the cases randomly to enter into the database and not according to the date the regional received the cases from the SWAs.

Hopefully, we'll receive our letters soon. Just want to make sure that they did not displace our case during the move to the BEC :confused: .

Thanks,

Ari

Virginia SWA receipt date = July 3, 2003
RIR
Forwarded to Philly DOL = November 04, 2004
No 45 day letter/case number yet

Ari2002,

My SWA RD is on July 28, 2003
VA, RIR
Forwarded to Philly DOL = January 4th 2005
No 45 day letter

Will you let me know when you receive your 45 day letter? Thanks in advance.

RIR in New York

Dear Friends,

My labor certification application RIR was filed in New York in January 2003. Can some body tell me where my application could be and what kind of time frame i should have in mind for adjudication?
Will it go to philly office or satelite office in NY/Boston?
Moreover has any one got 45 day letter (NY filers)? If so what PD?

Thanks in advance!
hawk3000

Send the email to Dallas. They shall reply back. Even I got the same response from Philly. Maybe they're too busy trying to reduce the backlog :D

whatheheck said:
I got the following response from Phily status check

"At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney for additional information."

What does it mean?

Case details: MD/RIR/EB3 PD Feb 12, 2002

VAGCwaiting said:
Ari2002,

My SWA RD is on July 28, 2003
VA, RIR
Forwarded to Philly DOL = January 4th 2005
No 45 day letter

Will you let me know when you receive your 45 day letter? Thanks in advance.

VAGCWaiting,

I'll surely let this forum know when I get my letter.

Thanks,

Ari

Thanks to www.immigration-law.com

02/25/2005: DOL Transition Guidance for Labor Certification Applications, February 2005

On February 16, 2005, the DOL Deputy Secretary issued the transition guidance for the labor certification application, and the DOL Region V (Chicago) issued its own transition guidance to the SWAs in its jurisdiction on February 18, 2005 as follows:

HQ Transition Guidance
(http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/documents/WDL007-05-att.pdf)

Region V Transition Guidance
(http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/documents/WDL007-05.cfm)

There are all sorts of rumors and confusions in the immigration community on the actual operation of the Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and and Dallas. We want to clarify the following two points:

These Guidances made it clear that the DOL had changed its initial policy reflected in the first Transition Guidance of Bill Carlson, Chief of Foreign Labr Certificaion Division that the cases which were received after January 1, 2005 would be processed by the National Processing Centers. Under the Transition Guidance of the Deputy Secretary, currently all the cases which were received after January 1, 2005 have been shipped and forwarded by the SWAs to the Backlog Processing Centers after the date stamping.
The deadline for filing of current labor certification application under the current law is March 27, 2005 and any cases received by the SWAs after March 27, 2005 will be rejected and returned to the applicants. Some applicants may wish to file the applications, particularly RIR, before the DOL launchs the new system of PERM on March 28, 2005. The TG reminds the last minute filers that the deadline is determined not by the actual physical receipt but by "postmark." Accordingly, in the event that the RIR applications cannot be filed in person or by delivery services sufficiently ahead of time, they should make it sure that it is filed at the Postal Services with the postmark of March 27, 2005.

The name of the new backlog processing offices is one other area which the immigration legal community and immigrant community are confused. For that matter, the DOL itself was confused. It used Backlog Elimination Center, Backlog Reduction Center, and Backlog Processing Center inter-mixedly. It also happened with the USCIS when there was reorganization and BCIS and USCIS were used inter-mixedly by the community as well as the government itself. By now, people should know that the official name of the offices is neither Backlog Elimination Center nor Backlog Reduction Center but Backlog Processing Center.

foret1 said:
hmm...attorney/employer still have same address.

anyone out there with new case number below P-04307-XXXXX and still waiting to get the love letter?

foret1 -

is your new ETA# P-04307-XXXXX, I have you with a different number in the tracker at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

As I was sorting your case was one of the few that didn't have a letter yet in that range, if the number above is the right one, that would explain it.

Another data point

Could the tracker keepers please add my info to the holy grail(s).

Thanks,
Tikal
JustWatching said:
foret1 -

is your new ETA# P-04307-XXXXX, I have you with a different number in the tracker at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

As I was sorting your case was one of the few that didn't have a letter yet in that range, if the number above is the right one, that would explain it.