Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

radd said:
BECs Update Posted Sep 23, 2005 ©MurthyDotCom

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provided some information in mid-September 2005 regarding the progress of the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs), also sometimes referred to as the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs). The DOL confirms that, in addition to the approximately 345,000 cases forwarded to the BPCs, cases are still pending and being processed by the DOL San Francisco Regional Office, as well as the New York Regional Office. These offices are scheduled to remain open until January 2006.

Data Entry - 45-Day Letters

The DOL reports that they have completed full or partial data entry on about 90 percent of the cases. In order for them to issue a 45-day letter, they must have completed ALL data entry. They estimate that at least 100,000 cases (approximately 29 percent of the total cases) have not been fully entered. They give a timeframe of a few more months to complete the data entry and the issuance of the 45-day letter on all cases.

RIR / Regular LC Cases Status

The BPCs are adjudicating both RIR and regular (non-RIR) cases. They are only working on those non-RIR cases for which recruitment was completed prior to the transfer of the case to the BPC, however. They will ready themselves for the non-RIR cases that require advertising and related matters over the next few months.

Progress of BPC Cases

At The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, we continue to see approvals of BPC cases on a regular basis. They report that they have adjudicated tens of thousands of cases. We reported on the approvals received in our Office in July and August 2005, in our August 19, 2005 article, BPCs Continue Approving Cases - August 5-12, 2005, available on MurthyDotCom. We have continued to track this development for the benefit of MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. We received about twenty approvals between August 15 and September 14, 2005.

Philadelphia BPC

Of those twenty approvals received over approximately one month, fourteen were processed through the Philadelphia BPC. Twelve of these fourteen cases were initially filed in Maryland. The other two were filed in Virginia. The Maryland cases ranged from priority dates of June 2001 to several that had March 2002 priority dates. The two Virginia cases had priority dates of March and April 2002. Thus, as before, we note that it is a rather imperfect FIFO (First-In / First-Out) system, with representation from only two states. While The Law Office of Sheela Murthy is based in Maryland, our clients are located all over the United States.

Dallas BPC

The remaining seven approvals were from the Dallas BPC. Three states were represented in the approvals we received: Texas, Michigan, and Ohio. The oldest Texas case had a priority date of October 2002. The more recent ones had been filed in January 2003. The single Michigan case had a priority date of January 2003. The Ohio cases were filed in December 2002 and January 2003.

We will continue to update MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers regarding the BPCs. These cases become even more important, as drastic visa cutoff dates have been established in EB2 and EB3. More information on this current immigration topic is available in our MurthyBulletin article, Retrogression : Useful Information on MurthyDotCom! The prospect of gaining a benefit by re-filing one's labor certification under PERM is reduced as visa numbers become unavailable from October 1, 2005, for all but the oldest cases. The further retrogression of priority dates confirms our position earlier in 2005, which stressed the importance of filing RIR or regular LC cases before PERM became effective, since obtaining an earlier priority date again becomes critical towards filing the last stage of the process for the green card.

radd
Does every one read this ....any comments on this one ??

They are only working on those non-RIR cases for which recruitment was completed prior to the transfer of the case to the BPC, however. They will ready themselves for the non-RIR cases that require advertising and related matters over the next few months.

z2002 said:
I hate this game. Just checked my status shown as RIR. It is a kind of lottery invented by those PBEC guys.
--------
April 19, 2002
VA
RIR
REGION CASE.

My advise if you can afford and do it is get ready with ALL docs to file for 140/485, u may get ur approval on sept28th!! what r u doing to do then!!
act fast... everyone around april may 2002 Pd and who made it to regional, should do this,

Think of situation, where you lawyer says congrats, LC approved on 27/28th, what r u going to do?? better to get all docs ready this weekend,

Anyboby listening and benefiting, pray for my labor to get cleared, if not this week, atleast this year, please...

csrini1 said:
My advise if you can afford and do it is get ready with ALL docs to file for 140/485, u may get ur approval on sept28th!! what r u doing to do then!!
act fast... everyone around april may 2002 Pd and who made it to regional, should do this,

Think of situation, where you lawyer says congrats, LC approved on 27/28th, what r u going to do?? better to get all docs ready this weekend,

Anyboby listening and benefiting, pray for my labor to get cleared, if not this week, atleast this year, please...
Even if you mail it out by Sept. 25, there is no guarentee that your receipt date is before Oct. 01. I saw a guy somewhere mailing out his case on Aug., 27 by overnight mail, it was delivered by AUg., 28, the date in his case reciept from USCIS is Sept. 01. It took USCIS four days for entering the case into the computer.

luckylucky said:
Even if you mail it out by Sept. 25, there is no guarentee that your receipt date is before Oct. 01. I saw a guy somewhere mailing out his case on Aug., 27 by overnight mail, it was delivered by AUg., 28, the date in his case reciept from USCIS is Sept. 01. It took USCIS four days for entering the case into the computer.

lucky,

i think i read that the packet with the docs needs to be stamped by sept30th in their office(not the postal stamp), doesn't mean that they should be entered in the computer, or does it??
i was thinking people can send thru fedex or whatever overnight delivery, to be delivered first thing in the morning(agree it costs little more) of sept30th, those guys(DOL or service center??) open the packet or even put their received date stamp on the packet on sept30th and we should be fine!! I hope it is this simple...

I also got status as blank. I do not believe the status was changing at that time...
smallriver said:
Thanks for giving me this information. The blank Case Status may indicate that my case status is being changed (?) by the time when they responding my mail (1/2 hour ago), from RIR -> Final Review -> Certified?. Let us watch and see. I will send them another mail after some time. I will let you guys know. Hopefully my status will not be "Denied" by my next check. :D

csrini1 said:
lucky,

i think i read that the packet with the docs needs to be stamped by sept30th in their office(not the postal stamp), doesn't mean that they should be entered in the computer, or does it??
i was thinking people can send thru fedex or whatever overnight delivery, to be delivered first thing in the morning(agree it costs little more) of sept30th, those guys(DOL or service center??) open the packet or even put their received date stamp on the packet on sept30th and we should be fine!! I hope it is this simple...
If read that, then it means that it has to be recieved by them by Sept. 30. Normally when you use fedex or overnight, you will have a case # to trace it. I also doubt that it is not the date they input into computer, but the date their office recieve it. Most likely you are right.

45-day letter

Does anybody know how I can check if BEC received my response to the 45-day letter? Will they tell the lawyer if he/she calls them? Does anybody know which number to call?

Thanks,

marvadur

Last edited by a moderator:
Blank Status?

If everyone starts receiving blank status (with no exceptions), then I would assume that BEC did the logical thing - they do not show status anymore, because they want to stop flood of emails targeted to receive a status update. This should not cause any issues for folks who need LC proof for 7yr extension purposes.

help if u can

can any one help me about the 45 day letter
i have received ETA T-******* but i cant understand what this mean but i see my case status incomplete
what i can do
i should wait the time if any one have any e_mails to check my case tell me

EAD and F1

Hello,

Does anyone know if we can switch from H1 to F1 after we get the EAD?

I'm thinking of the situation where it may take years for visa numbers to get current. Can someone with their EAD go back to school or do they need to be 'working' since this is an employment based sponsorship?

Thanks.

msasma2000 said:
can any one help me about the 45 day letter
i have received ETA T-******* but i cant understand what this mean but i see my case status incomplete
what i can do
i should wait the time if any one have any e_mails to check my case tell me
T means temporary number, dont worry, relax now...

keviv4 said:
Hello,

Does anyone know if we can switch from H1 to F1 after we get the EAD?

I'm thinking of the situation where it may take years for visa numbers to get current. Can someone with their EAD go back to school or do they need to be 'working' since this is an employment based sponsorship?

Thanks.

I am not a lawyer. But I don't think you can go back to F1. You even have to maintain a similar job. But you may want to check a lawyer.

To USCISMockery

You think they are considering to recapture those visa numbers..if it is true then
it some greaaaat relief to people like us...

Before I even wake out of the bed, this damn GC is already lingering in my head....!!

USCISisMockery said:
I posted it just one post before yours. Might be you are very excited sharing this good news.

Again, I would like to stress importance of giving some effort raising BEC awareness and geting labor cleared, rather than worrying about visa retrogression.

Hey Gurus -

Forgive my ignorance.. but is this proposed legislation or is it already a decision made by the INS?

USCISisMockery said:
I posted it just one post before yours. Might be you are very excited sharing this good news.

Again, I would like to stress importance of giving some effort raising BEC awareness and geting labor cleared, rather than worrying about visa retrogression.

Hi USCIS,

I was replying on yours only. That was a copy from you. Not my own. Thanks for that post.