Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Queue date

If he can find out where the processing queue is right now, that would be great too. I hope we get some updates from this new source.

Thanks for sharing that information.

cantstandit said:
hi Howlong ... that's indeed a major thing for all of us ... if you could ask your brother to get some more info, that would be awesome !

- how many officers work on certifications ?

- how do they work ? do they review cases ONE BY ONE ? or they'll do mass approvals at some point ?

- only officers adjudicate ? or they'll put contractors to do adjudications ?

if we could get that info, we could have a better understanding of the overall process and come up with some guestimates ...

please post any updates !

Help

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have a quick question.
I sent an email to get my case detailes to file H1B 7th year extension, but I get this reply from PBEC.

xxxxxx SYSTEMS LLC

September 23, 2005

DATE OF ACCEPTANCE FOR PROCESSING:

September 27, 2002

Dear Employer:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the pending Application for Alien Employment Certification. Your application on behalf of xxxxxx xxxx was filed with the State Workforce Agency (local office) on September 27, 2002. The application is awaiting processing.

Current processing information can be obtained by visiting our website at http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign.

Sincerely,

STEPHEN W. STEFANKO

Certifying Officer

Please let me know what is this mean? is this enough proof to file my H1B 7th year extension.

I really appreciate any insight on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Status Removed

Just got a reply from Proof for 7th yr extension (Philadelpia BEC). The field CASE STATUS is empty.

I have sent the same mail couple of times, all received a reply. Previously case status = RIR in all the replies.

Looks like they are removing this field, so people do not check status by sending mails to Proof for 7th yr extension.

My application did make it to regional but after that novbody know what happened... I called the PBEC number and the lady was not able to find it in system. Also there are many people with same PD as mine and havent recevied a 45 day letter working in the same company that I work for......

:mad:

PD June 2002, VA., EB2 RIR...

smallriver said:
Just got a reply from Proof for 7th yr extension (Philadelpia BEC). The field CASE STATUS is empty.

I have sent the same mail couple of times, all received a reply. Previously case status = RIR in all the replies.

Looks like they are removing this field, so people do not check status by sending mails to Proof for 7th yr extension.

Not true. I just checked the status once again. It very well shows the case status. By the way this is my 8th enquiry within the last two months. Everytime i got the response on time.

Try one more time after a week.

case status blank?

Hi,

I have e-maild h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and received case status entry as blank.
Any idea why case status is blank?

Also DallasBEC has cleared couple of cases who filed LC from CA in Jan & Feb 2003. They received there papers last week. I don't know case numbers etc., I think philly is slow and over all they messed up FIFO by distributing cases among two backlog centers.

Thank You.
Following is my info:
ETA Case Number: P-043xx-xxxxx
State: CA
Type:RIR
Priority Date: 12-01-2002
PhiBEC Rec Date:12-02-04
Replied to 45Day Letter: Feb 20th 2005
Cleared CA State: Nov 2003

Thanks

whatheheck said:
Not true. I just checked the status once again. It very well shows the case status. By the way this is my 8th enquiry within the last two months. Everytime i got the response on time.

Try one more time after a week.

Thanks for giving me this information. The blank Case Status may indicate that my case status is being changed (?) by the time when they responding my mail (1/2 hour ago), from RIR -> Final Review -> Certified?. Let us watch and see. I will send them another mail after some time. I will let you guys know. Hopefully my status will not be "Denied" by my next check. :D

Hello how_long...

You are a big gold mine for this forum if you can share the inside info of Philly BEC... :)

We are right now blind folded and thrown in tunnel... Pls update us if u know anything

May not need hardcopy of LC approval to file 140/485

aprlc2002 said:
Nope Not yet.. :(

Hey Aprlc2002,

May be you are aware of this already..

When I talked to my lawyer he indicated that there is precedent for one to file I-140/485 in the absence of the "hardcopy" of the LC approval.
As long as you can have some concrete evidence (7th yr screen shot or some letter from the DOL like the one you have already gotten) to show that your labor was approved, by the time that you file -- he was saying it should be okay to file.

FYI

Hey Aprlc2002

tickticktick said:
Hey Aprlc2002,

May be you are aware of this already..

When I talked to my lawyer he indicated that there is precedent for one to file I-140/485 in the absence of the "hardcopy" of the LC approval.
As long as you can have some concrete evidence (7th yr screen shot or some letter from the DOL like the one you have already gotten) to show that your labor was approved, by the time that you file -- he was saying it should be okay to file.

FYI

Hey Aprlc2002,

Good luck with your efforts, . I spoke to my colleague similar to your case. MD April 2002 (EB2 RIR), got e-mail notification from attorney about his LC approval. Attorney had rushed him through the formalities for I140-485 (including medical - expedited service provided by some doctor) and had completed all his application forms for the same.

Good luck,

thanks guys

mdlbr20020531 said:
Hey Aprlc2002,

Good luck with your efforts, . I spoke to my colleague similar to your case. MD April 2002 (EB2 RIR), got e-mail notification from attorney about his LC approval. Attorney had rushed him through the formalities for I140-485 (including medical - expedited service provided by some doctor) and had completed all his application forms for the same.

Good luck,

I had completed all formalities long time ago.. my colleagues friend is a INS certified Doc, and i was able to get all my formalities done long time(month) ago. Also, any documented proof is not accepted we must have hard copy of LC:(

Anyways thanks a lot !!

VA Labor Approved

Hi Guys !!

Just called my lawyer and he told me that my labor got approved and he received the hard copy. It was approved on 8/29/05 and they mailed the hard copy on 9/14/05.

The labor was filed as RIR from Virginia on 4/15/2002. It was transfered to Regional in Dec'2003. I got my 45 days letter in Feb and replied in first week of March 2005.

Check the status thru E-mail on 8/25/05 and the status came as RIR.

P-04268-XXXXX

I hope it will help.

Thanks

mdgc2001 said:
If he can find out where the processing queue is right now, that would be great too. I hope we get some updates from this new source.

Thanks for sharing that information.

I will try to get whatever information I can. I just talked to him yesterday so I will wait few days before calling him again. But will try to post something by end of next week.

Congrats

Congrats to all of you guys who got their labor approved after such a long wait and best of luck for the rest of the process which unfortunately is not any better atleast for now.

I got a screenshot from them on Aug 02 with case stats as RIR... is it ok for me to send an email to them..Please advise.

Thanks

Case Details
----------------------------
RIR
NY
Nov 15 2001
Never made it to the Regional
Rec and replied 45 days letter in March

gcva20022005 said:
Hi Guys !!

Just called my lawyer and he told me that my labor got approved and he received the hard copy. It was approved on 8/29/05 and they mailed the hard copy on 9/14/05.
Thanks

Looks like more VA cases are approved from Philly these days.

how_long said:
I will try to get whatever information I can. I just talked to him yesterday so I will wait few days before calling him again. But will try to post something by end of next week.

Hey how_long,
Make sure you have list of most important questions that needs to asked. Try to avoid any unnecessary questions. If you don't know what to ask then we members can help you with important questions.

I hate this game. Just checked my status shown as RIR. It is a kind of lottery invented by those PBEC guys.
--------
April 19, 2002
VA
RIR
REGION CASE.

Last edited by a moderator:
how 45-day letter envalope looks like

Hi,
I will have a 20 days business trip early next month, so I iwll let my colleague help me to watch for the 45-day letter, but I need to describe to him. Can anyone received it tell me how it looks like?
Thanks a lot! :)

BECs Update Posted Sep 23, 2005

BECs Update Posted Sep 23, 2005 ©MurthyDotCom

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provided some information in mid-September 2005 regarding the progress of the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs), also sometimes referred to as the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs). The DOL confirms that, in addition to the approximately 345,000 cases forwarded to the BPCs, cases are still pending and being processed by the DOL San Francisco Regional Office, as well as the New York Regional Office. These offices are scheduled to remain open until January 2006.

Data Entry - 45-Day Letters

The DOL reports that they have completed full or partial data entry on about 90 percent of the cases. In order for them to issue a 45-day letter, they must have completed ALL data entry. They estimate that at least 100,000 cases (approximately 29 percent of the total cases) have not been fully entered. They give a timeframe of a few more months to complete the data entry and the issuance of the 45-day letter on all cases.

RIR / Regular LC Cases Status

The BPCs are adjudicating both RIR and regular (non-RIR) cases. They are only working on those non-RIR cases for which recruitment was completed prior to the transfer of the case to the BPC, however. They will ready themselves for the non-RIR cases that require advertising and related matters over the next few months.

Progress of BPC Cases

At The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, we continue to see approvals of BPC cases on a regular basis. They report that they have adjudicated tens of thousands of cases. We reported on the approvals received in our Office in July and August 2005, in our August 19, 2005 article, BPCs Continue Approving Cases - August 5-12, 2005, available on MurthyDotCom. We have continued to track this development for the benefit of MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. We received about twenty approvals between August 15 and September 14, 2005.

Philadelphia BPC

Of those twenty approvals received over approximately one month, fourteen were processed through the Philadelphia BPC. Twelve of these fourteen cases were initially filed in Maryland. The other two were filed in Virginia. The Maryland cases ranged from priority dates of June 2001 to several that had March 2002 priority dates. The two Virginia cases had priority dates of March and April 2002. Thus, as before, we note that it is a rather imperfect FIFO (First-In / First-Out) system, with representation from only two states. While The Law Office of Sheela Murthy is based in Maryland, our clients are located all over the United States.

Dallas BPC

The remaining seven approvals were from the Dallas BPC. Three states were represented in the approvals we received: Texas, Michigan, and Ohio. The oldest Texas case had a priority date of October 2002. The more recent ones had been filed in January 2003. The single Michigan case had a priority date of January 2003. The Ohio cases were filed in December 2002 and January 2003.

We will continue to update MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers regarding the BPCs. These cases become even more important, as drastic visa cutoff dates have been established in EB2 and EB3. More information on this current immigration topic is available in our MurthyBulletin article, Retrogression : Useful Information on MurthyDotCom! The prospect of gaining a benefit by re-filing one's labor certification under PERM is reduced as visa numbers become unavailable from October 1, 2005, for all but the oldest cases. The further retrogression of priority dates confirms our position earlier in 2005, which stressed the importance of filing RIR or regular LC cases before PERM became effective, since obtaining an earlier priority date again becomes critical towards filing the last stage of the process for the green card.

radd

radd said:
BECs Update Posted Sep 23, 2005 ©MurthyDotCom

Data Entry - 45-Day Letters

The DOL reports that they have completed full or partial data entry on about 90 percent of the cases. In order for them to issue a 45-day letter, they must have completed ALL data entry. They estimate that at least 100,000 cases (approximately 29 percent of the total cases) have not been fully entered. They give a timeframe of a few more months to complete the data entry and the issuance of the 45-day letter on all cases.

Philadelphia BPC

Of those twenty approvals received over approximately one month, fourteen were processed through the Philadelphia BPC. Twelve of these fourteen cases were initially filed in Maryland. The other two were filed in Virginia. The Maryland cases ranged from priority dates of June 2001 to several that had March 2002 priority dates. The two Virginia cases had priority dates of March and April 2002. Thus, as before, we note that it is a rather imperfect FIFO (First-In / First-Out) system, with representation from only two states. While The Law Office of Sheela Murthy is based in Maryland, our clients are located all over the United States.

Its doesn't require rocket science to figure out that 10/2001 comes earlier than 05/2002. Then why these stupids are not following FIFO. My wishes are with MD/VA people who got their approvals, but I still feel sorry for NY/NJ 2001 applicants. BEC is full of unpleasant surprises, bstds.