Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Rajel said:
Thanks Siddharth. My elsewhere is actually Ireland. I will certainly speak to my lawyer to get her opinion but I wanted to check if anyone here has already done this homework.

Oops...
OK, you will need to do your own research, but from what I understand:

1) you need to complete "40 credits" before you can start receiving SSN payouts. See your last SSN statement about how many credits you have completed. I believe on average you need 10 years. (I don't know how old you are, but you could come back to the US close to your retirement and then work 4 years (in maybe walmart) to start receiving your payouts.) But no, you won't an "SSN refund".

2) For 401K, again there is some sort of term limit you need to keep it active after which you can withdraw without penalty. Now Ireland must allow you to keep such a financial account abroad. If they do then I guess it's OK for you.

3) OK, your best perk will be that you will not have to deal with these sooooooooooper efficient organisations like DOL, BEC and INS!!!!

Now, I'm not going to comment on this topic any more before I start getting flamed on how it is not relevant on this board. :)

just check other forums..

It seems to me that

DBEC is processing more cases reached region from CA
PBEC is processing more cases reached region from PA ...

Is it because the number of cases is less ?

ariesny1 said:
Hi HopeFulorLess,

How did you find out your case status ?

My Case details:
State -NY
PD - Nov 14 EB 3
Received and replied 45 days letter - March 2005

I just got my 9th yr extension and I have been hearing rumors that my company might close down in few months.

I have couple of questions for the Gurus in this forum:

- How long you guys estimate before I can get something from PBEC
Hard to predict untill Sept 2005
- Should I wait for the labor or file under PERM from another company under EB 2. I have bachelors degree with 10 yrs experience
New Company need not wait and it is for Future JOB, If you sense trouble Act FAST, you dont need to withdraw current LC
- What happens my company close down but they don't cancel the process.
You are doomed, They cannot process during future porcess at I-140&I485
after your LC.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship.

Check at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html and read following para

Charge/Chargeable: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens form any one foreign country. This limit is the same for all countries. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Where the immigrant is "charged", means that person is counted towards a given country's numerical limit. For example, an immigrant born in Ethiopia is "charged" to Ethiopia, and therefore counted towards reaching the numerical limit for that country. The person would be "charged" to Ethiopia, even if the immigrant born in Ethiopia was born of Yemeni parents and has a passport from Yemen.
Although immigrants are normally "charged" to their country of birth, and immigrant is sometimes able to claim another for the sake of immigration. You would do this if it helps the immigrant in reaching the "cut-off date" date faster. For example, suppose you were born in India, but your spouse was born in Sudan. The "cut-off date" for a person born in India is earlier in family fourth preference immigration category than the "cut-off date" for a person born in Sudan. We can "charge" you to Sudan, rather than India, and you can use the more favorable cut-off date for Sudan. Therefore, you would be able to immigrate years earlier with a chargeability to Sudan than a chargeability to India.

a_to_z_gc said:
Can you please validate your comment that citizenship does not matter and birth place country queue matters.If you know any official website which documents this,please post it here.

Thanks!

labor approved

PD JUL 2003
transferred to Federal after state approval
45 day letter - march 2005

Thanks to everyone in this forum for their views/support.

Is Jul 2003 the date your application was transfered to federal or date your application was filed in SWA? Clarification would be very much appreciated.

Because we haven't seen any approval with that late PD (date your application is filed in SWA) in this forum.
Thanks

rupa_gc said:
PD JUL 2003
transferred to Federal after state approval
45 day letter - march 2005

Thanks to everyone in this forum for their views/support.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Could you please post as many details as possible abt your case? We'll post case details to the BEC Approval tracker.

See my signature for example.

Thank you.

PD - july 2003 - EB3 non rir
cleared state labor transferred to federal labor
received philly federal -oct 2003
transferred to BEC, received 45 day letter - march 2003
company received approved letter today..
i do not have any case numbers (company policy)

rupa_gc said:

Thanks!
Which state is your case from? Was it approved by Philly BEC?

what is this ......

rupa_gc said:

Congratulations to u rupa_gc !! :)

To the rest....... this is going crazy ppl getting approval with PD as 2003 while ppl with PD of 2001 ...pulling off their hairs and getting insane :mad:

From another thread one more random approval ..it hurts so bad :(

rupa_gc said:

I do not think it is random

again , it is from Phily . ...

PBEC processd PHily first , sound reasonable ... :(

atyagi73 said:
From another thread one more random approval ..it hurts so bad :(

atyagi73 said:
To the rest....... this is going crazy ppl getting approval with PD as 2003 while ppl with PD of 2001 ...pulling off their hairs and getting insane :mad:
Seriously. This is insane.

it's because of non-RIR?

Several weeks ago, somebody said TR queue reached Apr 2002, so it's not unreasonable now TR Q gets to 2003, considering that PBEC seems put certain priority to TR case, which is hardly understandable.

chinglun said:
again , it is from Phily . ...

PBEC processd PHily first , sound reasonable ... :(

Carson is gone?

Just read from AILA that William Carson is gone as chief of DFLC. Hope for the better. My understanding is he is the worst ever.

pennwaiting said:
Just read from AILA that William Carson is gone as chief of DFLC. Hope for the better. My understanding is he is the worst ever.
I think DOL should be closed for so much mess it has made. I cannot believe those craziness happening in this country. How come people who files for PERM get their green card eariler than old LC? How come people in Dallas gets LC eariler than us? How come People from Philly DOL gets LC eariler than us? How come people with PD of 2003 gets their LC eariler than people with PD of 2001? How come people with NO RIR gets theirs eariler than RIR.
Man, they are idiot and stupid and ruining our lives are their mission.

Hi Guys,

I have written to my congressman, my senator, senator McCain and Senator Clinton. So far, only the congressman staff is researching. My case went to Atlanta Regional 06/2003, and I have been completely in the dark since: no 45-day letter, no one can tell me if my case has not been lost! What is worries me the most, I've looked the the DOL spreadsheets for 2003 and 2004, and cannot find my case # my lawyer gave me! No one can give me a straight, meaningful answer.

I want to make a point: in all my letters to the politicians, I've emphasized that I have been a regular, dutiful taxpayer for 6 years, from a relatively high income. Part of my letter says "In fact, my tax dollars are paying for the lamentable work going on at the DOL". We are not asking for any favors: as taxpayers, we have a right to a government service (DOL). We do not have a right to a GC, but we do have a right for our petition to be looked at in a timely and professional manner, and a decision rendered on the merit. We are paying for the service. We are not refugees, we are not illegals. If our tax money is good enough for Uncle Sam, give us the service!
I urge you to stress that point in your correspondance to elected officials.

Thanks for your patience.

Insane

Congrats Rupa,

It it clearly evident that they are treating RIR and NON-RIR in 2 sepearte queues. and only cases who reached regional and based upon RD.
RIR is far behing because of 80-85% of total number of cases.