Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

My status is just like yours only. My case was fwded from FL to ATL July 2003, never heard anything after that..no 45 days letter...nothing...my lawyer doesnt have any info at this point... very frustrated.

lalalala said:
hi , my case RIR went from FL to ATL DOL in aug 2004 ,i never got any confirmation for that from ATL and now supposedly it is tranferred to philly BEC( three months ago when my lawyer checked ,he could not confirm its existence as it has not been entered)
1. so should i assume my case is regional and not SWA( as it was already approved by FL SWA)
2. should i check the status again as its been more then three months
feedback appreciated
3. so is it true that people are saying is that these regional cases should get approved quickly

Another atlantan with positive news

My case was also transferred to atlanta regional office, and my lawyer did receive the 45 day letter somewhere around 2nd week of feb. We replied the same week, havent heard anything since. Dont have the philly case number on me will post it as soon as I find it. Hope this helps.
frog

for atyagi73

atyagi73 said:
foret1...did u ask your lawyer to find out from PBEC. Your case should be approved. If thats not the case then there is no hope for me by Oct'05. I was hoping to file for next stage when EB# is available again.

yes i asked him to check with pbec. his answer was that he doesn't have time for such things and if he hears anything about my case, i will be the 1st to know. he did say he has received several approvals from pbec, but i couldn't get him to give me an details (how many, pd, rir/tr, state).

foret1 said:
why is it irrelevant? it's VERY relevant to those of us waiting since 2001 that have already made it regional!!!!
even if you have not made it to regional, it is still relevant as it's an indication that philly is doing some kind of processing for IR...any processing is better than none...

Obviously its very relevant in long run. I said its irrelevant just to stress very important fact that newcomers might not know: BEC is handling regional and SWA completely differently. Worst thing we can do now is to give false and uninformed hope to someone who is new to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definition of stuck?

Buddy,
As far as I am concerned, everything is stuck :). If a queue doesn't move its stuck.... I guess, everyone's stuck until the so-called data entry is over.
justdoit said:
Well.. BEC is only processing Regional cases. So, this is good news over all the good news for the Regional guys. **Regional cases are NOT stuck**They are in queue being processed. **SWA cases are stuck**

FIFO @ its BEST ( Not Really), 1 more Non RIR LC approved

yours_sincerely said:
Buddy,
As far as I am concerned, everything is stuck :). If a queue doesn't move its stuck.... I guess, everyone's stuck until the so-called data entry is over.

One other friend of mine got his LCA approved last week (EB2, Non-RIR, IT Related, PD Dec 2003) from Phili BEC. Also 2 others got their LCA approved a week earlier to this(I already posted to this forum), both EB3, Non -RIR, PD June 2003. and also IT Related jobs.

Have no more details on their case details. Was given only the PD by the person themselves, who got their LCA's approved.

snap shot from PBEC

I sent an email for 7th yr extension to see the status..It shows status as RIR ? What does that mean ?

below is the snapshot they sent me ::

Perm Backlog Case Event
Case Information

ETA Case Number: P-XXXXX-XXXXX
Priority Date:08/17/2001
Processing Type:RIR
Case Source:Region
Employer Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Business Activity: XXXXXXXXXX
Occupation Title:Software Engineer
Occupation Code:030.062-010
Rate of Pay: XXXX
Prevailing Wage:XXXX
Alien Name: XXXX
Visa Type:H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship:XXXX

Case Received Date:09/21/2004
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status:RIR

Hi Tracker_chicago,
Just wanted to confirm that all the below NON-RIR cases had made it to Regional, right ? ie. they had finished the supervised recruitment process ?
Thanks !

tracker_chicago said:
One other friend of mine got his LCA approved last week (EB2, Non-RIR, IT Related, PD Dec 2003) from Phili BEC. Also 2 others got their LCA approved a week earlier to this(I already posted to this forum), both EB3, Non -RIR, PD June 2003. and also IT Related jobs.

Have no more details on their case details. Was given only the PD by the person themselves, who got their LCA's approved.

mvinays said:
Philly BEC sufferers,
Just for your info....
Icarus has returned back in the Dallas BEC thread.

--------------------------
Here is s usmmary of Icarus's reports:

He reports Dallas BEC is currently processing RIR cases with PD of Jan 2003 (only the cases that made it to the Regional DOL level).

He also reports that there are 3 COs finally approving the work done by 30+ processing analysts.

Also, if your screen shot says "Certified", then your case has already been approved by the CO and it is awaiting to be mailed out. There is exactly one person in Dallas BEc mailing out certifications.

So folks, this gives an idea of how Dallas BEC is operating.

------------------------

Here is what I think about what is going on in Philly BEC:

It seems like it is quite clear that Philly BEC's processing resources are being devoted to NON-RIR cases that made it to the Philly Regional DOL (after completion of supervised recruitment at the SWA level). The FIFO for these Non-RIR cases appears to be based on Regional DOL receipt date.

Also, Philly is far ahead in data entry than Dallas BEC. (July 2004 PD for data ebtry). Philly is completeing temporary data entry for the remaining bulk of cases and expects to finish temporary data entry for all remaining cases by the end of Sept 30, 2005.

Folks who have not received 45-day letters form Philly BEc should not expect them to be mailed out until Philly completes full data entry.

Spreadsheet maintained by JustWatching indicates that hardly any 45-day letters have gone outi n Jun / July 2005. This is probbaly becaus ethey are very focused on incomplete data entry of all remaining cases to be fed into their system (PBLS - Permanent Backlog System).

In a month or two, I expect Philly will shift processing resources to RIR cases that made it to the Regional level. DOLhad always been saying many months ago that they will process Regional cases first (iin FIFO) and then process the remaining SWa cases taht never made it to the regional level.

All the above statements are my guesses only. I don't have any inside information like all of you. Please post your comments on what you think.

Thanks mvinays for the info and the analysis. This is positive news. As long as the line is moving, we all have better hope that we will get out of this hole some day. However DOL arranges the queues, we just need to see it moving! We haven't seen real progress since a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
ICARUS summary for DBEC

1.RIR Q at JAN 2003 for DBEC
2.30 Analyst processing , 3CO's Certifying and 1 Mail room Employee Mailing
3.Flood of Status Check emails have slowed down the process
4.Does not answer inquiries to Direct employees
5.Case Status Check
a) Certified - Certified waiting for Stamping and may be Enroute
b) RIR - 45 day reply recieved under Process
c)Data Review - 45 day reply not yet recieved
d) State - Case recievd from state
e) Regional -case recieved from RO office
f) Overridden - Check intially failed but manually overridden
6) Not sure how boxes are opened and data entered (fifo or lifo)
7) Analysis continues with same speed (old pd cases are getting in Q)
8) Q will be moving slower for while untill Abbrivated data entry completes
(another 8 to 12 months)
9) 15000 cases in RIR and analysis will fallow on FIFO at DBEC

Correct me for any typo and mistakes and most of personnel Questions might have been answered here

gc_maze said:
Hi Tracker_chicago,
Just wanted to confirm that all the below NON-RIR cases had made it to Regional, right ? ie. they had finished the supervised recruitment process ?
Thanks !

Yes, All the cases made it to Regional, 2 from NC State to Atlanta and 1 was filed from PA State. I do not have much details on Supervised Recruitment, when it was done

That is a good news, especially for us poor people from Maryland. Nayak and Ciril99, you are the two names that I met on the old Maryland board, and I hope you two will soon get some good news.

Here is a very old spreadsheet from Maryland board, updated at the time I got certified at state level (May 2004). I updated GCseeker's information. I am just sad to look at the Regional Approval column.

mvinays said:
One more approval from Philly BEC...

This is probably the first RIR case reported to be approved by Philly BEC in this forum. This approval is for a case from Maryland SWA, EB3, RIR case.

GC_seeker2001
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1212242&postcount=2554
http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1933
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=531354&postcount=710

Thanks, Tracker_chicago !
So, that means nobody from SWA NONRIR cases have got supervised recruitment instructions from BEC. If and when anybody from SWA NONRIR cases gets a letter for supervised instructions from BEC please let us know !

MNHRDC,

Please update us as to how does this info on DBEC helps people who are from PBEC?Is there any correlation?

Thanks.

mnhrdc said:

1.RIR Q at JAN 2003 for DBEC
2.30 Analyst processing , 3CO's Certifying and 1 Mail room Employee Mailing
3.Flood of Status Check emails have slowed down the process
4.Does not answer inquiries to Direct employees
5.Case Status Check
a) Certified - Certified waiting for Stamping and may be Enroute
b) RIR - 45 day reply recieved under Process
c)Data Review - 45 day reply not yet recieved
d) State - Case recievd from state
e) Regional -case recieved from RO office
f) Overridden - Check intially failed but manually overridden
6) Not sure how boxes are opened and data entered (fifo or lifo)
7) Analysis continues with same speed (old pd cases are getting in Q)
8) Q will be moving slower for while untill Abbrivated data entry completes
(another 8 to 12 months)
9) 15000 cases in RIR and analysis will fallow on FIFO at DBEC

Correct me for any typo and mistakes and most of personnel Questions might have been answered here

fogman1 said:
it's because of non-RIR?

Several weeks ago, somebody said TR queue reached Apr 2002, so it's not unreasonable now TR Q gets to 2003, considering that PBEC seems put certain priority to TR case, which is hardly understandable.
Hi,
My Labor was filed in July 2003 from Philly EB2/Non RIR. I have not even received the 45 day letter. Are there more people in this category or am I in trouble.

Regards,

No...iam with you...

Jajo said:
Hi,
My Labor was filed in July 2003 from Philly EB2/Non RIR. I have not even received the 45 day letter. Are there more people in this category or am I in trouble.

Regards,

mvinays said:
Philly BEC sufferers,
Just for your info....
Icarus has returned back in the Dallas BEC thread.

--------------------------
Here is s usmmary of Icarus's reports:

He reports Dallas BEC is currently processing RIR cases with PD of Jan 2003 (only the cases that made it to the Regional DOL level).

He also reports that there are 3 COs finally approving the work done by 30+ processing analysts.

Also, if your screen shot says "Certified", then your case has already been approved by the CO and it is awaiting to be mailed out. There is exactly one person in Dallas BEc mailing out certifications.

So folks, this gives an idea of how Dallas BEC is operating.

------------------------

Here is what I think about what is going on in Philly BEC:

It seems like it is quite clear that Philly BEC's processing resources are being devoted to NON-RIR cases that made it to the Philly Regional DOL (after completion of supervised recruitment at the SWA level). The FIFO for these Non-RIR cases appears to be based on Regional DOL receipt date.

I'm one of the NON-RIR applicants with the RD of April 2003 still waiting. I literally don't see any order that PBEC follows in adjudicating cases. Hope they get there acts straight.

mvinays said:
Also, Philly is far ahead in data entry than Dallas BEC. (July 2004 PD for data ebtry). Philly is completeing temporary data entry for the remaining bulk of cases and expects to finish temporary data entry for all remaining cases by the end of Sept 30, 2005.

Folks who have not received 45-day letters form Philly BEc should not expect them to be mailed out until Philly completes full data entry.

Spreadsheet maintained by JustWatching indicates that hardly any 45-day letters have gone outi n Jun / July 2005. This is probbaly becaus ethey are very focused on incomplete data entry of all remaining cases to be fed into their system (PBLS - Permanent Backlog System).

In a month or two, I expect Philly will shift processing resources to RIR cases that made it to the Regional level. DOLhad always been saying many months ago that they will process Regional cases first (iin FIFO) and then process the remaining SWa cases taht never made it to the regional level.

All the above statements are my guesses only. I don't have any inside information like all of you. Please post your comments on what you think.

tracker_chicago said:

Just want to clarify, LCA is for H1B, and LC is for permanent residency.

pennwaiting said:
Just want to clarify, LCA is for H1B, and LC is for permanent residency.

I do not know about the terminologies (LCA or LC, which fits in here). The posting, I posted earlier to the forum were on Permanment Labour Certification which got approved from Phili BEC.