Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

tracker_chicago said:
I do not know about the terminologies (LCA or LC, which fits in here). The posting, I posted earlier to the forum were on Permanment Labour Certification which got approved from Phili BEC.

My lawyer actually told me that he had received a few approvals for PD between Dec 2003 and April 2004. He said it was crazy but normal considering the black hole we were in.

:eek: This message is for pennwaiting.....

Do you know these are Non-RIR or RIR cases? Thanks a lot!

pennwaiting said:
My lawyer actually told me that he had received a few approvals for PD between Dec 2003 and April 2004. He said it was crazy but normal considering the black hole we were in.

very grim outlook from my lawyer :(

:( My lawyer thinks that it will take 6months minimum for my case to be approved if PEC goes as they plan. He is saying he has lots of Apr/May'01 RIR cases which are pending. This is really making me feel like taking a gun and shooting few folks in that processing center ..those suckers are f*** our lives.

7th yr extn proof

Folks ..whom should I write and with what details to get proof of my application. I am hoping to use that as last option to get status of my case by end of thsi month.

7th Year Proof

Hi

I sent an email to PBEC today regarding 7th year extension proof and got the information with 30 min. Here is the detail I got from them

ETA Case No : P-04296-xxxxx
Priority Date : 03/28/2003

Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region

Employer Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Business Activity: COMPUTER PROJECT SERVICES & SOFTWARE CONSULTING

Occupation Title: C/S Engineers, Application
Occupation Code: 15-1031

Rate of Pay: $ / Yearly
Prevailing Wage: $ / Yearly

Alien Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Visa Type: H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:

Case Received Date: 10/22/2004
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Case Status: RIR

Do you guys know what does this means. Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:D

called philli BEC and asked about the exact date of applications they are processing. The lady told that BEC noticied a software problem that screwed up FIFO and they are fixing the software at this time .... :confused: I was not successfull to retrive any furthere information from the lady. :eek:

Hi

The email address is H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and there is no specific format but try to give as much details as you can. I gave my employer name, my name, attorney's name, priority date, case number, date went to region , date of 45 day letter receipt and ETA Case number, so try to give them as much as detail you can so that I would be easier for them to reply back

All the best buddy.

:D

Case Details

Here are my update signature with the case details. My regional office was atlanta as well.
frog

mnhrdc said:

5.Case Status Check
a) Certified - Certified waiting for Stamping and may be Enroute
b) RIR - 45 day reply recieved under Process
c)Data Review - 45 day reply not yet recieved

Wow. My wife got a screenshot of H-1B ext with a status DATA REVIEW. According to the above definitions, does it mean her 45-day letter was NOT received yet? Her lawyer said the 45-day letter was already faxed around March!? :eek: Anyone knows why?

dabu said:
Wow. My wife got a screenshot of H-1B ext with a status DATA REVIEW. According to the above definitions, does it mean her 45-day letter was NOT received yet? Her lawyer said the 45-day letter was already faxed around March!? :eek: Anyone knows why?

how did you get the screenshot from the DOL website using a receipt number?

I don't think DATA REVIEW means 45-day letter not received.

dabu said:

You better double-check with the attorney. Somebody, most likely BEC staff may have made mistake already, considering they acknowledge they have even closed some case by ACCIDENT, while the applicant indicated continuation of the case.

If the definition is from Icarus, then the code is trustable (semi-official).

Anyway, it won't hurt let the attorney check the status / resend the acknowledgement. No need to take unnecessary risk.

dabu said:

a_to_z_gc said:
MNHRDC,

Please update us as to how does this info on DBEC helps people who are from PBEC?Is there any correlation?

The Software PBLS and Process and operations remains same for both center
Except the speed

If you feel this was not correct forum to post you may ignore and I am sorry

Thanks.

dabu said:

If you have allready recieved you should not worry about it becz you have copies

The same status may hold good for cases not yet data re-entered for 45 day letters and untill case has moved to next stage of RIR/TR which is under analyst Q.

Trying to makes sense out of no sense of BEC and loosing some sense:)

Last edited by a moderator:
More than the "suckers" at BEC, I think it is the greed + neopotism at play at higher levels of DOL & Exceed corp (co. that controls staff at both philly/Dallas center). Otherwise why would they restrict the temp. staff to 100 per center (why not hire 500 temp employees to enter data and analyse the queues)?? Why put a clause in the contract that the says that backlog needs to be eliminated in "timely" manner, without specifying what is the max. limit for this (this may well run into 4-6 years).

Think about it. Every year Exceed is going to get ~17 million dollars every year for this processing. So in their best interest and for the sake of profits it makes sense to prolong this as much as possible. If they finish the entire processing in 10 years, they get 170millions vs. if they finish processing in 2 years for which they'll get 34 million.

Did not want to make things more gloomy here, but could not help - since I heard the exact same thing from my attorney (to not expect the 45 day letter for another 6 months).

atyagi73 said:
:( My lawyer thinks that it will take 6months minimum for my case to be approved if PEC goes as they plan. He is saying he has lots of Apr/May'01 RIR cases which are pending. This is really making me feel like taking a gun and shooting few folks in that processing center ..those suckers are f*** our lives.

I agree ...

WhyThisDelay said:
More than the "suckers" at BEC, I think it is the greed + neopotism at play at higher levels of DOL & Exceed corp (co. that controls staff at both philly/Dallas center). Otherwise why would they restrict the temp. staff to 100 per center (why not hire 500 temp employees to enter data and analyse the queues)?? Why put a clause in the contract that the says that backlog needs to be eliminated in "timely" manner, without specifying what is the max. limit for this (this may well run into 4-6 years).

Think about it. Every year Exceed is going to get ~17 million dollars every year for this processing. So in their best interest and for the sake of profits it makes sense to prolong this as much as possible. If they finish the entire processing in 10 years, they get 170millions vs. if they finish processing in 2 years for which they'll get 34 million.

Did not want to make things more gloomy here, but could not help - since I heard the exact same thing from my attorney (to not expect the 45 day letter for another 6 months).

I agree with you 110%. For last two years my life has been such a joke. They call this land of opportunties but I found my self having no choice other than going back.

Are you serious? Software problem again?

rsiv said:
called philli BEC and asked about the exact date of applications they are processing. The lady told that BEC noticied a software problem that screwed up FIFO and they are fixing the software at this time .... :confused: I was not successfull to retrive any furthere information from the lady. :eek:

BEC noticied a software problem that screwed up FIFO Is this a joke? It took them 6 months to notice that FIFO rule got violated... because of software screw up?? I can't believe it. :mad:

are you sure ?

Is this the one couple months back ? Or this is another one !?

Godsh ... :confused:

rsiv said: