Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

I am attaching a spreadsheet that has data entry statistics and projections of when partial data entry will be completed and when full data entry of cases will be completed.

I do believe that we will not see a significant number of 45-day letters until partial data entry is completed.

JustWatching

Justwatching,

This is a very good effort and I am thankful for that ...I believe that others in this forum would agree...

There have been some speculation about total number of cases in BECs
Different figures are quoted..These are the figures that I remember from different press releases..

Sept 2004 - 280K
Apr 2005 - 360 K
Now - 400 K

If somebody has more info please let us know.

I am sure most people were till they saw the projections in the xls. Anyway, thanks JW for managing and analyzing data in this hell hole called PBEC - it sometimes shines a flickering candle for us troglodytes, only to be snuffed out later by the PBEC honchos.

SoormaBhopali asked a few days ago about all the suffering here. Well Soormaji you should know that PBEC honchos are angrez ke zamaane ke jailors, and we are the hapless indulged in chakki peesing. Someday we jailees will get our Advance Parole too. Maybe in the next life!

-Tikal

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

<<I hope you are all enjoying your summer.>>

I am attaching a spreadsheet that has data entry statistics and projections of when partial data entry will be completed and when full data entry of cases will be completed.

I do believe that we will not see a significant number of 45-day letters until partial data entry is completed.

Finally, this is my best guess - if you don't like or agree with my methodology feel free to change it in the spreadsheet, I don't intend to argue about it.

As always, just my guesses based on the information posted on these forums. I have no inside information.

JustWatching

My 2 cents on "overridden"

I think the way this data entry system works is that some sections/fields cannot be set to "Failed". Since the BECs' source of checking a company's existence did not work, when they get an explanation from the employer/lawyer about the existence of their company and they are satisfied with it, the data entry guys "Override" the system so that the work order can pass to the next stage.
I don't think its a panic button but a confirmation with your lawyer or BEC MUST be done.
dolly09 said:
mine case screen shot too showed Existence check as OVERRIDDEN..

please clear wat does this mean ..

thanks

PD: 09/2003
RIR
recd. 45 day ltr

Case Status

Hi HopeFulorLess,

How did you find out your case status ?

My Case details:
State -NY
PD - Nov 14 EB 3
Received and replied 45 days letter - March 2005

I just got my 9th yr extension and I have been hearing rumors that my company might close down in few months.

I have couple of questions for the Gurus in this forum:

- How long you guys estimate before I can get something from PBEC
- Should I wait for the labor or file under PERM from another company under EB 2. I have bachelors degree with 10 yrs experience
- What happens my company close down but they don't cancel the process.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

Choclito said:
OVERRIDDING: - having superior power and influence; "the predominant mood among policy-makers is optimism"
Or it is a new acronym from DOL, like those we already know, such as TR, RIR, BRC, BEC, BPC, PERM. Only smart people can make them.

Can someone share your experience regarding if a person can file PERM while his/her H-1B status got extended beyond 6th year already. I mean, the reason a person can extend his/her H-1B beyond 6th year is based on his/her pending LC application. Now if he/she decide to abandon current LC application and apply for LC thru PERM, what's his/her leagal status at that point of time?

ariesny1 said:
Hi HopeFulorLess,

I just got my 9th yr extension and I have been hearing rumors that my company might close down in few months.

I have couple of questions for the Gurus in this forum:

- Should I wait for the labor or file under PERM from another company under EB 2. I have bachelors degree with 10 yrs experience
- What happens my company close down but they don't cancel the process.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

NJ Oct02-PD said:
Can someone share your experience regarding if a person can file PERM while his/her H-1B status got extended beyond 6th year already. I mean, the reason a person can extend his/her H-1B beyond 6th year is based on his/her pending LC application. Now if he/she decide to abandon current LC application and apply for LC thru PERM, what's his/her leagal status at that point of time?

Sorry I didn't mention the year for PD... its Nov 14 2001 and it was filed under RIR.

Two more questions:
- I am Canadian Citizen, is there are any better way to get GC ?
- Is it ok to email H1B7YR@dal.dflc.us to get the case status even if you are not filing you extension?

Thanks again.

Number of cases

This message is for JustWatching,

Thanks for ur analysis.
Actually few things. Based on temp case nums PBEC is faster than DBEC.
PBEC I guess they are entering 2004 cases as of this case num
T05188-01*** (NY PD of JULY2004)

I have dallas BEC case num of T05200-35***(2002 CASE NUM)

Anyway they picked some speed in JULY 2005 in terms of partial data entry.

Both centers together have entered around 34,000 cases from
07-july-2005 and 19-july-2005
That means they entered around (3500 to 4000)cases/day

By best guess is PBEC should finish partial data entry work on all cases by MID AUG 2005 and start doing full data entry work and issue 45 day letters.
So most of the cases should get 45 day letters by end of sep2005

What's happening at PBEC

HopeFulorLess said:
I got it from DOL's reply of my request for my case confirmation to H1B7YR@dal.dflc.us or H1B7YR@phi.dflc.us

Friends,

Recently, I have received my new case status as Data Review, when asked for what does that mean, they have sent me the following. Any comments on their (automated) reply.

You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

Citizenship does not make a difference. It all depends on the Birth Country. You will be in queue for that country.

ariesny1 said:
Sorry I didn't mention the year for PD... its Nov 14 2001 and it was filed under RIR.

Two more questions:
- Is it ok to email H1B7YR@dal.dflc.us to get the case status even if you are not filing you extension?

Thanks again.

Re: ariesny1

ariesny1 said:

Two more questions:
--> Dont know, not a relevant question to ask at this forum

--> IMHO, NO. That will be abusing the use of that email address, and at least we should refrain from doing that.

frog

Can you please validate your comment that citizenship does not matter and birth place country queue matters.If you know any official website which documents this,please post it here.

Thanks!

Jaiatl said:
Citizenship does not make a difference. It all depends on the Birth Country. You will be in queue for that country.

rirlaborCT said:
By best guess is PBEC should finish partial data entry work on all cases by MID AUG 2005 and start doing full data entry work and issue 45 day letters.
So most of the cases should get 45 day letters by end of sep2005

The partial entry would most likely be done...
Am not sure about the 45 day letters...They said they send the letter only after the full data entry...At least the letters should start dispatching after they start with full entry....

Let's see how it goes...

This friday's off-topic question is brought to you by.... Rajel !
My PD is Oct 2001 and my 6-year limit is set to expire in december. I've already started the 7th-year extension but let's assume for a second that I want to leave the US once and for all (to pursue an opportunity elsewhere).
1- Would I be entitled to receive back all my social security contribution (accumulated over the last 6 years) ?
2- Would I be subject to the 10% penalty on my 401k if I decide to withdraw the money ?
3- Is there any other "perk" (hum..) I'm eligible for ?

Rajel said:
My PD is Oct 2001 and my 6-year limit is set to expire in december. I've already started the 7th-year extension but let's assume for a second that I want to leave the US once and for all (to pursue an opportunity elsewhere).
1- Would I be entitled to receive back all my social security contribution (accumulated over the last 6 years) ?
2- Would I be subject to the 10% penalty on my 401k if I decide to withdraw the money ?

Answers

1 - No
2 - Yes
3 - No

Question

Hello Everybody.

I am new to the forum but not to the pain.
I have a question for the wisdom tanks here :

" While we are waiting for our labor to clear, can we accept a promotion or a significant salary increase within the company ? "

Rajel said:

Assuming elsewhere==India, you may find more information about what to do with your 401K, SS payouts, returning NRI benefits here... http://groups.msn.com/R2INRIFinanceAndInvestments/r2ifinance.msnw .

I think you can get SSN if you stay longer ...

I forgot where I read , more than 10 years or something and if your home country has the relationship with US .
You should be able to get SS back ..

Rajel said:

No, Yes, No as msp1976 replied.
[1] 401k withdrawal goes on top of the income for that year attracting the highest tax rate. So with the penalty of 10% & 30% marginal tax rate, you would just get back 60 cents to the dollar - bad deal. If you must withdraw, try to do it in January & then leave the country so you would get the standard deduction and a much lower tax hit.

[2] Refund of SS contribution: You have to be joking! Even after piling in 6.2% of income (+employer's matched contrib) till you retire, don't expect to see a cent back. The SS piggie bank is guaranteed to go bankrupt when we retire.

Does the news get better anytime on this forum? Have a great weekend!

-Tikal

Rajel said: