Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Firt RIR approval

Is this the 1st RIR approval from PBEC?
So far I have seen that the approvals are all TR cases.
Well lets hope for the best.
My PD is Oct 2002.
Replied to 45 letter on march.
So probably no hope to get certification in 2005.
Who knows when will my case see the light

too good to be true

July 2001 RIR approved without 45 day letter... this can not be true, unless it is from NY regional DOL (not from PBEC).

schmooze said:
Here is a post from murthy forums...

Quote:
Guy's Just wanted to keep you posted. My employer received an LC approval from the Phili backlog center. That a very pleasant news for all the people who have waiting to hear from this center.

RIR- filed in July 2001 on EB2 category.

Surprisingly this guy dint get his 45 day letter, but ended up getting his approved labor.

Wah bhai wah. Jawab nahin immmigration process ka..

Cheers !!!!!!!

optimism at the height....

perhaps you are right...
how did you guess?
Is NY approving july 01 RIR cases now?
richshi said:
July 2001 RIR approved without 45 day letter... this can not be true, unless it is from NY regional DOL (not from PBEC).

maybe lawyer got his 45 letter ...

Dont know what is going on ...

schmooze said:

Quote:
Guy's Just wanted to keep you posted. My employer received an LC approval from the Phili backlog center. That a very pleasant news for all the people who have waiting to hear from this center.

Surprisingly this guy dint get his 45 day letter, but ended up getting his approved labor.

Cheers !!!!!!!

Good Sign ( I hope ???)

May be finally good sense dawned upon those nutcases and they decided to directly adjudicate without 45 day letters.....????

As long as they process and keep processing I donot really care much for the 45 day letter.......That letter itself was just a delaying trick......

richshi said:

You might be right ., Right now NY DOL is working on the cases entered in to NY DOL system around Sept 2004 as per NY DOL forum posts..As per MY knowledge the oldest NY SWA RIR cases reached to PBEC are from Oct 2001
onwards.,

sure ...

All three of them are RIR cases ,

1. Mechanical engineer , EB2, PHD degree . (nevada)
2003/11 applly, 2004/11 reply to SWA (something I am not sure )
2004/12 to DOL, no 45 letter
RIR approved : 2005/7

2. Graphic designer , EB3, Bachelor degree , (CA)
2002/7 apply, 2003 to DOL , 2004/1 to DOL, dont understand why transfer twice to DOL ...
2004/12 , 45 letter recv. 2005/1 reply . DPEC (I hate PBEC ... I am in the same time zone )
2005/6 approved !

3. Junoor Computer programmer , Wyoming .
EB2, Master .
2004/8 apply, no 45 letter ...
2005/4 approve

This is totally #!$%!

igor_ch said:
Thanks for posting that... But for those who cannot read Chinese :) could you help translating the information provided - specifically:
1. RIR vs. TR
2. priority date
3. Anything that makes you believe it's PBEC and not Philly DOL

chinglun said:
All three of them are RIR cases ,

1. Mechanical engineer , EB2, PHD degree . (nevada)
2003/11 applly, 2004/11 reply to SWA (something I am not sure )
2004/12 to DOL, no 45 letter
RIR approved : 2005/7

2. Graphic designer , EB3, Bachelor degree , (CA)
2002/7 apply, 2003 to DOL , 2004/1 to DOL, dont understand why transfer twice to DOL ...
2004/12 , 45 letter recv. 2005/1 reply . DPEC (I hate PBEC ... I am in the same time zone )
2005/6 approved !

3. Junoor Computer programmer , Wyoming .
EB2, Master .
2004/8 apply, no 45 letter ...
2005/4 approve

This is totally #!$%!

So two of these cases never went to regional ? I think they did.
We are again missing MOST IMPORTANT information: if the application was at regional level or at SWA before BEC ? rir, noriri, tradional, eb2, eb3 nothing matters. Once the case is at regional, BEC has nothing much to do, so they are trying to clear out such cases.

schmooze said:

Quote:

Cheers !!!!!!!

was the case at regional level before it went to BEC ?

Bush wants immigration bill in fall

President Bush yesterday told House Republicans that he wants them to pass an immigration bill this fall, but members said he may not get a bill he likes.
Mr. Bush, speaking to a closed-door meeting on Capitol Hill, said immigration reform is part of his agenda, and his deadline gives a boost to those looking for a guest-worker program.
"It's great," said Rep. Jeff Flake, Arizona Republican, who is sponsoring an immigration overhaul that would give those already here illegally a multistep, 11-year path to citizenship. His bill also would allow in 400,000 guest workers per year and also put them on a multistep path to citizenship.
Mr. Flake said his bill gives the House a way to meet the president's deadline.
"Ours is a bipartisan bill, and we're ready, and I think the [House Republican] Conference is, as well," Mr. Flake said.
The bill, which is the preferred solution of many immigrant advocacy groups, also is advancing in the Senate, sponsored by Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, and Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat.
But other Republicans said rushing to meet Mr. Bush's schedule would jeopardize other priorities.
"If you load up the agenda with a big immigration bill, that's going to be a problem for Social Security," one Republican congressman said.
Kevin Madden, a spokesman for House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, said it's "too early to put a timetable" on when a bill could come before the House, but said Mr. DeLay hopes Republicans can agree on something that can pass "sooner rather than later."
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, Tennessee Republican, told reporters recently that a bill could not be done this year, but he wants to bring one up by next summer.
The president did not go into specifics at yesterday's meeting, several Republicans said. But Mr. Bush previously has called for a guest-worker program that matches workers with employers who say they cannot fill those jobs with Americans. He also called for an increase in the level of legal immigration.
But he has not submitted a bill or clarified what happens to current illegal aliens, who would be eligible for his worker program, when their time in the program is over.

The president's call for a worker program puts him on a collision course with Mr. DeLay, who has said the House will first pass an immigration security and enforcement bill and then later pass a worker program.
A host of House Republicans agreed.
"I believe we need to work very quickly and effectively on behalf of the American people for added border security -- an immigration bill that does enforcement first," said Rep. J.D. Hayworth, Arizona Republican. "The people demand it."
He said Americans are fed up with worker plans that include promises of enforcement measures that are never met.
But Mr. Flake said such a two-step plan never will work, because any enforcement program would deprive businesses of workers and would leave them needing a way to fill those job slots. Thus, any bill that passes will have to have both enforcement and a worker program, he said.
"The notion that you can do piecemeal reform is quickly being dismissed," he said.

source: washingtontimes

Folks..Have a question that is bit urgent..I have my pending Labor certfication PF March 18 2005,Eb3 regular in dallas BEC now.
I have an oppprtunity within my organization that matches the same job title as the one that we have filed our labor for.the job description has a lot of overlap but some
some minor differences (meaning the position described in LC petition and this new position have a lot in common like the languages used ex.java,vb,perl etc but the petition is for a Mainframe support group and this new position advertised is for a network support group so things like MVS will not be extensively used) .

Is it possible for me switch to the new job (use my existing petition) or will that be considered as a totally new position my attorney feels that as long as there is a good overlap and the title remains the same we should be ok with the old petition..has anyone had similar experience/switched jobs within same company with pending LC approval ? are there any complications that may occur ? Is this something worth taking the risk ?

any ideas folks/attorneys will be much appreciated

Thank you.
smx

Conditions for EB2

justdoit said:
The position should demand Bachelors with 5 years exp. and your employer should agree to pay the prevailing wage in the locality for that kind of position.

Many companies file cases as EB3 that could be filed as EB2 to avoid paying the comparatively high prevailing wage. (There could be other reasons as well)
I hope I have understand this right.. If filing for an EB2 then person should have - Bachelore+5 Years Experience+employer should agree to pay the prevailing wage.. right?? Or is there any other conditions for filing for EB2??

Also how can we find out what is the prevailing wage for the locality you are currently working? Any links/information would be helpfull for all so that in case it is applicable for people at least they can suggest to the lawyer to file it in EB2(though the lawyer may not pay heed to what you say)

Thanks

My Friend's employer sold his Business

My friend's employer sold his Business. There some mutual understanding between his employer and new Business Owner about continuation of his Labor Certification which is still pending at PBEC. My friend's employer received and replied 45 days letter last February.

My friend fear that his labor may approved but his 1-140 may be denied.
Please reply what to do now?

orissa said:
My friend's employer sold his Business. There some mutual understanding between his employer and new Business Owner about continuation of his Labor Certification which is still pending at PBEC. My friend's employer received and replied 45 days letter last February.

My friend fear that his labor may approved but his 1-140 may be denied.
Please reply what to do now?

I have read something about that in this forum before. They should ask the lawyer to provide the BEC with the new nformation and proof that the new company is legit ("bylaws", tax ID number etc ...).

Then it will be no problem. But I think to avoid any drama later it should be done before the LC is approved.