Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

here is what you should mail/fax to Phily BPC

atyagi73 said:
What about people waiting since 2001 ?

TO: Director, Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
DATE: July 27, 2005
SUBJECT: “FIFO” Rule Violation

Cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State, are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed in other states in year 2002, even 2003, are being processed. This is clearly a violation of the “FIFO” Rule, it confuses people, damages all parties’ confidence in the system.

Please focus resources on the most backlogged cases transferred from New York SWA. Only by entering the year 2001 (RIR, TR) cases first, therefore make it possible to process them first, can FIFO order be restored.

Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

CC: Senator Chuck Schumer, Senator Hilary Clinton

Just a guess, cannot prove it

GC_from_NJ said:
I am pretty sure this is one of the random or as you say lucky ones whose cases got picked up as part of the training of PBEC contractors.... making us as confused as ever.. :(

Probably post Sept or Oct., whenever they finish data entry we will see some pattern of approvals which will make some sense to all of us. Till then it is a guessing game... DAMN PBEC !!!

It felt good as Juntha said... :)

I remember reading at Murthydotcom that all approvals they recently received from Philly were originated from Philly DOL Satellite Center. All the 2003 latest approvals (which at the first glance don’t make sense at all) belong to a certain geographical area that originally was, if I am not mistaken, serviced by Philly DOL. If Philly DOL finished processing all pending LCs that were not shipped to BEC, my wild assumption is that these approvals, although were date entered at PBEC, were adjudicated at Philly DOL Satellite center. If my assumption is right then we should also start seeing approvals from SFO satellite center soon as they are almost done with their left-over cases.

Not Really a FIFO

From Murthy :

The DOL has stated that cases will be adjudicated in the First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order. Therefore, older cases should be adjudicated first. The State Workforce Agencies (SWAs), however, did not all follow the DOL instructions regarding boxing and sending the cases to the BPCs. Accordingly, many LC cases need to be sorted and data entered before they can be processed. Our understanding is that they are placed for adjudication in FIFO order, but that there could be cases in boxes with earlier filing dates. Thus, the waiting lines will be adjusted to reflect FIFO order as more cases are unboxed and entered into the system. It therefore may be that we will see some cases with more recent priority dates adjudicated before older cases. This problem should resolve itself once all the cases have been entered into the DOL system for BPC adjudication.

for full article : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_applcs.html

ahalem said:
From Murthy :

The DOL has stated that cases will be adjudicated in the First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order. Therefore, older cases should be adjudicated first. The State Workforce Agencies (SWAs), however, did not all follow the DOL instructions regarding boxing and sending the cases to the BPCs. Accordingly, many LC cases need to be sorted and data entered before they can be processed. Our understanding is that they are placed for adjudication in FIFO order, but that there could be cases in boxes with earlier filing dates. Thus, the waiting lines will be adjusted to reflect FIFO order as more cases are unboxed and entered into the system. It therefore may be that we will see some cases with more recent priority dates adjudicated before older cases. This problem should resolve itself once all the cases have been entered into the DOL system for BPC adjudication.

for full article : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_applcs.html

How hard is to sort the boxes and enter data accordingly. That should be the first priority with respect to following the FIFO regulations.
The following link on doleta.gov states what PD cases were shipped at what times. They probably have the capability to sort and enter cases and then process in FIFO order.
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/docs/online_manifest.xls

For example -
State: New Jersey
PD Date Range Date received at BEC
4/26/2001 - 4/29/2001 1/5/2005
4/30/2001 - 4/30/2001 1/7/2005
5/1/2001 - 12/31/2002 1/11/2005
5/1/2002 - 6/28/2002 1/12/2005
7/1/2002 - 8/30/2002 1/14/2005
9/2/2002 - 9/30/2002 1/18/2005
10/1/2002 - 10/31/2002 1/19/2005
11/01/2002 - 11/29/2002 1/20/2005
12/1/2002 - 12/31/2002 1/21/2005

So, they know cases with PD range 4/30/01 - 12/31/02 were received between 1/7/05 and 1/21/05. How hard is to locate these boxes and enter them first and process them first.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL Sept'05 update

What will be the update by DOL on Sept'05?. I guess this is what they would say.

1. More than 80% cases have been entered into PBLS system and 40% of them have got their 45 day letters.

2. DOL expects to complete the data entry by early SPRING 2006. Once the cases are entered 45 days letter will be generated (NOT SENT) for those remaining cases.

3. DOL is planning to sent 45 days letters to all the cases by early SUMMER 2006.

4. DOL is planning to send out 2nd round of 45 days letters to those who received their letters in late 2004 and early 2005.

5.DOL will send the letters to all the applicants whose 45 days is more than 365 days old.

DOL is planning to certify LC for anyone
1. WHO IS ALREADY DEAD.
2. WHO HAS LEFT THE USA ALREADY.

don't give a s... about FIFO!

with my PD of 4/2004 i should hope they dont follow fifo.... sorry guys, but here in Florida, people with PD like me were suppose to be approved months ago... when i entered this redicilus trek the processing time was 10-12 months. now with this BEC i was just given 3 extra years!!! how fun !!!
as you know the problem was with 3-4 states. now all 50 are fu-d because of them...
i'm happy fpr those of PD 2004 that just got approved. its very good news for me... ;)

Slade245 said:
with my PD of 4/2004 i should hope they dont follow fifo.... sorry guys, but here in Florida, people with PD like me were suppose to be approved months ago... when i entered this redicilus trek the processing time was 10-12 months. now with this BEC i was just given 3 extra years!!! how fun !!!
as you know the problem was with 3-4 states. now all 50 are fu-d because of them...
i'm happy fpr those of PD 2004 that just got approved. its very good news for me... ;)
Well. Bad luck for you. You should fight to get the the old labor system restored. Peace.

whattheheck, that was really funny.

Slade245
Who told you that immigration process was fair? Welcome to the club.

What I don't understand is that for someone who has been in a given job for past 5 years, is DOL CO planning to tell employer to replace this immigrant worker with a dumb American worker? Is this why the process was created.
The whole immigration process in this country needs serious reforms.

who knows what is fair ...

Slade245 said:

I think FIFO is fair ...may be because I have an early PD ...but I have a feeling that if there is no FIFO no one can be sue of anything ..u can get ur LC now or in 2 years ...does that make u feel better

As funny as it sounds, it might come true.
And I would n't be surprised if 2 years from now they start generating another set of 45 day letters.
I'm sorry to say this but those whose cases got assigned to Philly are probably not destined to get their Labor cleared.

whatheheck said:
What will be the update by DOL on Sept'05?. I guess this is what they would say.

1. More than 80% cases have been entered into PBLS system and 40% of them have got their 45 day letters.

2. DOL expects to complete the data entry by early SPRING 2006. Once the cases are entered 45 days letter will be generated (NOT SENT) for those remaining cases.

3. DOL is planning to sent 45 days letters to all the cases by early SUMMER 2006.

4. DOL is planning to send out 2nd round of 45 days letters to those who received their letters in late 2004 and early 2005.

5.DOL will send the letters to all the applicants whose 45 days is more than 365 days old.

DOL is planning to certify LC for anyone
1. WHO IS ALREADY DEAD.
2. WHO HAS LEFT THE USA ALREADY.

Lucky,
Have you used Attorney Zhang professional service ? Any idea how his office is doing with filing Green Card, more important how about response ? Are they providing efficient & timely response to applicants ? Pl. share any suggestions that you may have with Attorney Zhang's office.

luckylucky said:

tons of approval from Dallas BEC

check the Dallas thread.

When would Philly BEC wake up?? Anybody with any concrete update from PBEC?

triniti said:
They should double, even triple the number of contractors. And they can charge the cost to us. I am willing to pay $5000 to get my LC sooner (within 3-6 months). I am sure everyone else feels the same way. Think about the budget in that case. $5000 times 300K, $1.5B. !!! It is not like they have not done this before. Premium processing with H1B is exactly the same idea.

I am ready to pay $10K IMMEIDATELY, if some one can give my GC to my hand in the next 3 months(not a joke, I am serious) I am loosing thousands of dollars every year due to my GC.

some upbeat news

Here is a post from murthy forums...

Quote:
Guy's Just wanted to keep you posted. My employer received an LC approval from the Phili backlog center. That a very pleasant news for all the people who have waiting to hear from this center.

RIR- filed in July 2001 on EB2 category.

Surprisingly this guy dint get his 45 day letter, but ended up getting his approved labor.

Wah bhai wah. Jawab nahin immmigration process ka..

Cheers !!!!!!!

optimism at the height....