Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Same Boat

I call the PBEC operator and finally found that there was a NOF on my case in June. But neither my attorney nor me get any letter from PBEC.

My attorney has left serveral voice mail to the analyzer and did not get
anything back.

So we even do not know that the NOF is.

Please advice me what can I do. Thank you very very much!!!

EB2 RIR 10/2002 NJ

Hi,
My Case is same as yours except that thye have sent RFE in the months of May, and neither my Attorney nor me has received it.

Share with us any ideas on how to come out of this mess.

Thanks

Quantify Experience in NOF?

One finding in my NOF is that phases like "knowledge of ", "capability of" are not allowed in Job Requirement and the requirement has to be in months or years. But in my 750A, the job requirement is basically a list of software. I think I saw somebody got similar finding before. How should I rebut?

My attorney finally got a fax copy of my NOF.
I guess your attorney need to keep pushing the analyzer...

Hi,
My Case is same as yours except that thye have sent RFE in the months of May, and neither my Attorney nor me has received it.

Share with us any ideas on how to come out of this mess.

Thanks

Same as you

I call the PBEC operator and finally found that there was a NOF on my case in June. But neither my attorney nor me get any letter from PBEC.

My attorney has left serveral voice mail to the analyzer and did not get
anything back.

So we even do not know that the NOF is.

Please advice me what can I do. Thank you very very much!!!

EB2 RIR 10/2002 NJ

We are getting the same answer that they had issued some query in month of May and my attorny never received it.Also my attorny is trying to contect them by calling and emailing them but they are not replying. She said there is one lawyer group in BEC ,for this kind of cases that PBEC is not responding but you have to wait for 15 days after your attorny inquired there. She marked up calemder and she will call them on 13th of August.

PD- SEPT- 2003
RIR CON. PACKEGE SUBMITTED ON MARCH
CASE STATUS CHANGE TO RIR IN PROCESS APRIL 30TH

How did your Attorney Contacted PBEC

My attorney finally got a fax copy of my NOF.
I guess your attorney need to keep pushing the analyzer...

Hi,
how did your attorney contacted PBEC? I mean is it through Telephone, Email or Regular mail.

My Attonery says they only respond to Email's, and as of today I haven't heard anything from PBEC. Attorney sent an email three weeks back.

Let me know how your attorney has contacted PBEC.

Thanks

their number is
PBEC at 484-270-1500.

some time they answer and some time they said just send us email
you just have to keep calling
i call them on behalf of my company and they did reply by saying that original letter was mailed to me on Aug 3rd
which i have not received it yet

their number is
PBEC at 484-270-1500.

some time they answer and some time they said just send us email
you just have to keep calling
i call them on behalf of my company and they did reply by saying that original letter was mailed to me on Aug 3rd
which i have not received it yet

By original letter, you mean the Labor Certification document was mailed to your attorney? Do they tell you what date it was mailed out on?

Thanks,

Jawad

she just say the letter was mailed on aug 3rd
i dont know which letter she mailed i hope it was original letter to my attorney
because date on copy letter which i receved on 6th aug was aug 1 and mailing date was aug 2nd

By original letter, you mean the Labor Certification document was mailed to your attorney? Do they tell you what date it was mailed out on?

Thanks,

Jawad

Finally Certified online!

Folks,

Thanks a lot for all the information we share on this forum. It really provides lot of valuable information. Special thanks to MSP and Jawad for theor valuable suggestions. I really hope that I receieve hardcopy of my labor certification by middle of next week.

MSP: Did you had any luck talking to BEC folks? I really wish you get your case certified at the earliest.

Jawad: Are you still waiting for your papers? Ask your attorney to talk to BEC folks and tell them to fax some papers which might have your name on it and certification status. Let us try to file it what we have in our hands..if they reject it or if we receieve an RFE, then we can deal with it at that point.

For all the rest of the folks stuck at BEC's, I really wish good luck and hope most of us could make the deadline of August 17th.

Also, to my earlier post : Lobbying with DOS for applicants stuck at BEC's, I did receive response from some members..but it looks like lot of people are either not interested in it or believe some thing like this is possible. That was just my thought and I'am ready to support the initiative by pledging donations in 3 digit numbers. I also posted this thought on immigrationvoice.org but got only 2 responses and both of them mentioned that it was not an option and asked us to support on the rally they are organizing on Sept 13th...which would address the problem of unused-visas..which might eventually help folks stuk at BEC's. It looks like they cannot and will not take up our issue until we raise our voice and request them to do something about it. Lot of folks are already able to apply I-140's and I-485's and might have no interest for the applicants stuck at BEC's.
But I think every one who were affected by BEC's at somepoint would definetly contribute to this task.
Also, I' am not sure about any other organizations which can work to address our problem. Folks, please pass on any ideas you may have to address this issue.

For all the applicants still stuck at BEC's, I wish you all the very best and hope most of us could meet the August 17th deadline.

EB2- Nov 2004; PBEC; TR (Non-RIR)
Recruitment Report Submitted: July 29th 2007
Certified onine: August 9th
Hardcopy of the approval: Still waiting..

Folks,

Jawad: Are you still waiting for your papers? Ask your attorney to talk to BEC folks and tell them to fax some papers which might have your name on it and certification status. Let us try to file it what we have in our hands..if they reject it or if we receieve an RFE, then we can deal with it at that point.

EB2- Nov 2004; PBEC; TR (Non-RIR)
Recruitment Report Submitted: July 29th 2007
Certified onine: August 9th
Hardcopy of the approval: Still waiting..

Hey congratulations. I've asked my attorney's office and they did contact DBEC and were told we should be expecting it very soon. That's why I was asking sadshaq if he was told when they mailed it. My attorney is also expecting to receive it very soon, so they must have mentioned some 'mailed on' date to her.

Alternatively, I wrote to her asking about sadshaq's idea of using the LC certification notice letter they mailed to me. She suggested we can use that as a last alternative if nothing arrives by next Friday. Better than missing the deadline altogether.

Good luck.

Intent to Deny letter

Hi All,
Today my attorney talked to someone at PBEC and they said that they Mailed an "Intent to Deny Letter" to attorney in the month of May. But as of today we haven't received any. When my attorney left a Voice Mail the officer handling my case [SANDRA].

Any ideas of how to handle this situation. and what actually does "Intent to Deny letter" mean.

As of Today now my online status is "IN PROCESS".

My 8th Year H1 also got RFE.

Thanks

my lawyer got Original Hard copy in mail today

HI!
My laywer just confirmed that he got hard copy in mail today
so we can file now

SUggestion for those who did not received their hard copy.
please call BEC for information

when i call PBEC today about hard copy
she told me it was sent on aug 3 and also she confirmed my attorney's address with me.

and according to my laywer a week ago he wrote me

I ask him can we file on online status " certified" and he replied
"
In the meantime the INS may not accept this for it does not show the employer's name, the alien's name and/or the fliing and/or priority date. Normally to file the I-l40 and I-485 they need either the original approved Labor Certification and/or proof of the approval of such and this online listing alone may not be enough."

so if any of you have a paper final determination please prepared all document and try to file before 17th aug

MY
Hey congratulations. I've asked my attorney's office and they did contact DBEC and were told we should be expecting it very soon. That's why I was asking sadshaq if he was told when they mailed it. My attorney is also expecting to receive it very soon, so they must have mentioned some 'mailed on' date to her.

Alternatively, I wrote to her asking about sadshaq's idea of using the LC certification notice letter they mailed to me. She suggested we can use that as a last alternative if nothing arrives by next Friday. Better than missing the deadline altogether.

Good luck.

Listen to this guys:

My case showed certified since May 24, 2007. After waiting for 3 weeks, My company started calling and e-mailing once a week reminding them for the time passed by. Nothing. Today at the more then 11 weeks, my company called and they said that the case got certified yesterday and papers were mailed out today. I think they are full of "BS". But let's hope to get the papers here by tuesday so I can file. Anyone knows how long does it take for the mail to go from Philadelphia to Boston?
Peace out.:cool:

My LC got certified on July 31 and received the hard copy on Aug 6. Had a very difficult battle all the way through and handled most of them by myself. I personally pushed PBEC to make a decision on my case and forced them to issue a NOF on June 26 for just updating new attorney info on ETA 750a . NOF responded on July 25. And as you can see it took attorney 3.5 weeks just put the info and send it back. Anyway, hope everyone get out of this mess soon and move to the next phase. Currently preparing my I-140 and 485 packages to be submitted.

"Durres Special": It took a week for my hard copy to go from PBEC to California. Hopefully you will have yours by mid next week.

Okay, so I asked my attorney to call DBEC again. And I asked my manager to call DBEC, he was forwarded straight to their voicemail. My attorney replied back saying DBEC informed her they had sent the hard copy package to our Company's HR office but DBEC did fax a copy of the Certification approval notice to her today. This is almost identical to the letter I received in the mail. She is now trying to track the original certification letter at our HR main office which also has the important Form ETA 750, Parts A & B, but if for any reason she is unable to get it, she will send in the I-140 / I-485 package with a copy of the faxed confirmation letter and also atatch a covering letter explaining what had happened.

Others, if your case is showing Certified online but your attorney has not received the hard copy with enclosures, nor have you received a personal copy of the certification notice, ask your attorney to contact your BEC and ask for a fax copy of the certification notice. You should be able to apply and can latter respond to any RFE.

Also, I found out the package needs to be there no latter than August 17 otherwise it will not be accepted. So the last day to overnight it using Fedex is Thursday August 16, 2007.

The drama continues :confused:. Good luck to everyone else.

Jawad

Contents of Certification Notice?

Jawad,

Does the certification notice, have the employer's name, beneficiary name, Priority date and EB category listed in it? Please let us know, what is listed on this certification notice? Once, I have this information, I can talk to my attorney and explain her about it and then request her to follow up with PBEC folks. Thank you!

Certified to move on!

Here are my milestones to date. Labor app applied in 03.2004 in EB2/RIR; received NOF on 06.29.2007; rebutted NOF on 07.23.2007; app certified on 08.03 & received hard copy on 08.09.

This was like a journey to the center of the Earth with its 3 layers:
[1] Core (Labor)
[2] Mantle (140)
[3] Crust (485)

The heat is the most in the Core. Hope you all progress from the Core thru' the Crust to the Earth's surface. It is sayonara from me and wishing that only good things will happen to you.

Waiting to exhale,
Tikal

Jawad,

Does the certification notice, have the employer's name, beneficiary name, Priority date and EB category listed in it? Please let us know, what is listed on this certification notice? Once, I have this information, I can talk to my attorney and explain her about it and then request her to follow up with PBEC folks. Thank you!

HI stukabec

when my case was approved last week online i ask my lawyer about online status certified and he replied.
"Many times this can then take 1-3 weeks to get that approval in the mail. In the meantime the INS may not accept this for it does not show the employer's name, the alien's name and/or the fliing and/or priority date. Normally to file the I-l40 and I-485 they need either the original approved Labor Certification and/or proof of the approval of such and this online listing alone may not be enough."

and UScis also releas a FAQ on aug 8th which is on Murthys web site
which also confirm that if you have a written approval then you can file your i 485 and I40.

http://www.murthy.com/USCIS_3.pdf

read Q 35 on this

Q35: Will previous USCIS policy still apply in those instances where the original approved labor certification cannot be included in support of an I-140 petition, such as when the original has been lost or previously filed with USCIS, or when a duplicate approval must be requested?
A35: Yes. While an original labor certification must be submitted in support of certain I-140 petitions, USCIS will continue to accept duplicates of previously filed Labor certificates and, as in the instances stated above, in cases where an original labor certificate has been properly filed with USCIS.

Noticication or written approval from BEC's?

HI stukabec

when my case was approved last week online i ask my lawyer about online status certified and he replied.
"Many times this can then take 1-3 weeks to get that approval in the mail. In the meantime the INS may not accept this for it does not show the employer's name, the alien's name and/or the fliing and/or priority date. Normally to file the I-l40 and I-485 they need either the original approved Labor Certification and/or proof of the approval of such and this online listing alone may not be enough."

and UScis also releas a FAQ on aug 8th which is on Murthys web site
which also confirm that if you have a written approval then you can file your i 485 and I40.

read Q 35 on this

Sadshaq: I agree that we cannot file I-140 and I-485 using the online status.

I just wanted to find out what exactly the notification letter would have in it. I wish it atleast had the employers name, applicant's name along with the priority date. It would be great if someone could shed some light on it.

Also what kind of written approval can we request BEC's? Does any one had any success? please let us know.