Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MDwatch said:
The Department of State has available a recorded message with visa availability information which can be heard at: (area code 202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

D. RETROGRESSION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE “OTHER WORKER”
CATEGORY FOR JUNE
As mentioned in the Visa Bulletin announcing the May cut-off dates, demand for visa numbers in the Employment Other Worker category has remained extremely high despite the imposition of a cut-off date. As a result, it has been necessary to retrogress the June cut-off date in an attempt to hold number use within the annual limit. It is likely that the limit will be reached sometime during June, and the category would immediately become “unavailable”.

E. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Employment-based: During the past month there has been a significant increase in the amount of numbers being used by Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) offices for adjustment of status applicants. This level of demand has significantly depleted the supply of Employment-based numbers available under the annual limit. Recent discussions with CIS have made it clear that their backlog reduction efforts will sustain or increase the current level of demand. Therefore, continued visa availability in the Employment-based categories cannot be guaranteed during the final quarter of FY-2005. If demand continues at the current rate, it will be necessary to oversubscribe many or all of the Employment categories on a Worldwide basis. Such oversubscription could result in the establishment of cut-off dates, retrogression of already established dates, or some categories becoming “unavailable”.

I saw this message on the bulletin site. I guess i'm still trying to hang onto the slimmest hope here. They mentioned "RETROGRESSION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE “OTHER WORKER”. But if you look at the bulletin, under 3rd category, there is regular 3rd which is skilled worker and there is "Other worker". I suspect that the "extremely high demand" is really for the "other worker", not the skilled worker although both are under 3rd category. These 2 groups have different visa cut off date in the bulletin too. I assume most of people here under EB3 are "skilled workers". Does it actually put us in a better position. Maybe the the retrogression for us won't be that bad?

any thoughts?

how did u arrive at this date?

GC_from_NJ said:
Icarus (insider from the Dallas Backlog Center) has mentioned that first 5 digits of the case # denotes the no. of days which the PBC has taken to enter into their system. In your case P-04272-XXX means the case was entered 9/29/2004. I don't think it has anything to do with the category i.e EB-2 or EB-3...

I thought the Dallas BEC started getting the applications from SWA only after Nov' 04. In this case, how could they enter the case on Sep '04?

i'm confused

chinglun said:
so FIFO is based on PD not 45 day letter ...

according the the explanation, 04273 is 2004 and 273 days ...

mine is 04307--- and EB2 from CA ... and PD is around 6/02

ok...mine is 04308 and EB3 From CA and the PD is 5/02

VAhoper,
I think it's more serious than you hope it is! See the last few lines on paragraph E:
"...Such oversubscription could result in the establishment of cut-off dates, retrogression of already established dates, or some categories becoming “unavailable”."

This is WRT skilled-workers.... So we should expect some (more) retrogression before end of 2005. (more for EB3, and new retrogression for EB2)

VAhoper said:
I saw this message on the bulletin site. I guess i'm still trying to hang onto the slimmest hope here. ....
any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Ideas?

My labor filed in VA on Nov 5th 2003. Still we did not receive 45 day letter. Any idea when we may receive it?

Assuming that EB-3 category will regress further by the end of the year, my concern is whether I will be able to file I-485 by the end of the year or will be labour gets certified by the end of the year? As aprillc has stated, that PBPC is processing Dec 2001 cases, can I hope that my LC gets certified by the end of the year?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

EB-3 VA PD Aug 2002
RD April 2004
45 day letter replied Feb 2005

Processing time

Hi Aprlc2002,

Thank you for all your information..

My PD - Nov 14 2001
Filed from - NY
Received and replied the 45 days letter in March

I had a question for you... as per your last posting Phil BEC have already processed Nov 2001, do you have any ideal if they have already mailed out the approvals and if not when they will be doing it ?

Did anyone from Nov' 01 got they approvals thus far ?

Thank you in advance

kb_gc said:
Assuming that EB-3 category will regress further by the end of the year, my concern is whether I will be able to file I-485 by the end of the year or will be labour gets certified by the end of the year? As aprillc has stated, that PBPC is processing Dec 2001 cases, can I hope that my LC gets certified by the end of the year?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

EB-3 VA PD Aug 2002
RD April 2004
45 day letter replied Feb 2005

Hi kb_gc,

My time stamp is very similar to yours:
EB3, VA PD Jul 2002
Philly RD Apr.2004
45 day letter replier in late Feb 2005.

I'm hoping that our LC can be cleared before end of year. But if EB3 retrogress further, we cannot file 485. We could file 140 first. But without 485 filed, we don't get EAD and AP. We will be stuck in the same place.

Let's keep each other posted on our LC progress at least.

EB3 and BPC's games

I have a strong doubt DOL is palying with our cases. Thye wan EB3 not available and they might release the results. Why they should hold on to approvals? This is a game they are playing.... This is only my thought pls.

VAhoper said:
Hi kb_gc,

EB3, VA PD Jul 2002
Philly RD Apr.2004

I'm hoping that our LC can be cleared before end of year. But if EB3 retrogress further, we cannot file 485. We could file 140 first. But without 485 filed, we don't get EAD and AP. We will be stuck in the same place.

VAhoper said:
Hi kb_gc,

EB3, VA PD Jul 2002
Philly RD Apr.2004

VAhoper/kb_gc,

I'm 6 months earlier than you,

EB3, MD PD Jan 2002
Philly RD Jan.2004

Let me know if you gusy hear any thing.

Thanks.

ciril99 said:
VAhoper/kb_gc,

I'm 6 months earlier than you,

EB3, MD PD Jan 2002
Philly RD Jan.2004

Let me know if you gusy hear any thing.

Thanks.

Jumping on here late and may have missed something in earlier posts, but if you are just looking to identify and keep tabs on similar dates, I am one of you as well.

EB2, Philly PD Apr 2002
Philly RD, Apr 2004
45 day letter reply recd by BPC on Mar 8th, 2005.

Ready to post

Well guys, I am a Maryland, Regional Case, RIR, EB2, Dec 2001 - I assure you that within seconds of getting an approval I will notify everyone in this forum...

G.

Question!!!

Guys,

Does anyone know how many Regional RIR and NON-RIR cases are there at phily for years 2001, 2002 & 2003. The reason i'm asking is we can estimate how much time will it take to reach a specfic case.
From the posts i understand that philiy has started processing cases (RIR and NON-RIR) which made to regional and received the 45 day letter based on thier priority dates. Right???
It would be helpful if some one can point me to that datbase. may be poeple like ICARUS, APRILLC, etc can help on this.

Thanks
Raj

go for Perm?

:( i really like to get some advise...
my PD is April 2004 RIR from Atlanta, already got my 45-day-letter from philli. (4/11/05).
my employer is very supportive, but i dont know if base on the above i should
move to PERM or not? i really dont want to wait 3 more years in BEC just for my LC.... what do you think?

Slade245 said:
my PD is April 2004 RIR from Atlanta, already got my 45-day-letter from philli. (4/11/05).
move to PERM or not? i really dont want to wait 3 more years in BEC just for my LC.... what do you think?

Slade245,
If you employer is supportive and is willing to file for you under EB2 category via PERM, then go for it (without withdrawing the current LC).

I saw PERM approval postings in this forum where people are getting approved via PERM in 7 to 10 days. Nothing can beat this short processing time. You wil be in the 140/485 queue very soon and may be able to get EAD / AP (only if your employer files for EB2 under PERM since EB2 priority dates are presently current for Indians, Chinese and Phillipinos).

Slade245 said:

My opinion only.
If I was you and I was qualified for EB2 or EB1, I would get started yesterday.
If I was EB3, it may not matter too much so I would not bother about it.

Slade245 said:

Nobody wants to wait 3 years in BEC for LC. Infact, so many with PD of 2001 already did :)

To file for PERM, your employer being supportive is one the requirement and not only requirement.

I think, you are better off in BEC because
* PERM is unknown, few competent lawyer who can do it
* low success rate, I heard very few approvals through PERM,
* you might loose your April 2004 PD (that makes huge difference if you are Indian or Chinese origin),
* filling PERM is expensive, you have to do recruitment efforts again....

mvinays said:
Slade245,
If you employer is supportive and is willing to file for you under EB2 category via PERM, then go for it (without withdrawing the current LC).

I saw PERM approval postings in this forum where people are getting approved via PERM in 7 to 10 days. Nothing can beat this short processing time. You wil be in the 140/485 queue very soon and may be able to get EAD / AP (only if your employer files for EB2 under PERM since EB2 priority dates are presently current for Indians, Chinese and Phillipinos).

Can you please show me where people got approvals within 7 to 10 days under PERM ?
One thing we are forgeting that most of our employers are supportive and it was that simple to file for PERM, everybody would have done the conversion (RIR to PERM) that by now. By filing for PERM, it might happen that you still be hunting for LC and everybody in BEC might get approved.
Lot of big firms and employers are cautious as far as PERM is concerned. Infact I know couple of huge law firms in NY who advised their clients to wait and see how PERM turns out instead of filing for it in mad rush.